Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #166  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
Just a quick check in with all my fellow january starters. Hope everyone is feeling awesome and happy with their accomplishments
Hi there! I feel awesome about my weight loss...over 18 lbs since January 9th. Seriously, some people say they don't have cravings...I don't have cravings for anything in specific, but when I made my son a peanut butter and jelly sandwich this morning, I thought, "I could eat 10 of those!" I would never do it. Just saying I sometimes miss my old, unhealthy ways.

Good luck everyone. Does anyone have a date that they think they will be finished? I'm hoping by my birthday in August, or shortly after.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #167  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
Hi there! I feel awesome about my weight loss...over 18 lbs since January 9th. Seriously, some people say they don't have cravings...I don't have cravings for anything in specific, but when I made my son a peanut butter and jelly sandwich this morning, I thought, "I could eat 10 of those!" I would never do it. Just saying I sometimes miss my old, unhealthy ways.

Good luck everyone. Does anyone have a date that they think they will be finished? I'm hoping by my birthday in August, or shortly after.
I used to have that all the time too. The memories of what I was missing or jealous watching others eat things but not the stop at nothing kind of cravings I had before I was on IP.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #168  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post

My birthday is also in August I will be 50 and I would love to done by then and be a "Foxy Fifty"
Old 02-16-2015, 03:24 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 168.8/145.5/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi IPers!!! I am brand new to 3FC and just jumped onto the IP train on 1-11-15. I had my initial weigh in at my clinic on 1-8-15 and was 168.8 lbs. My goal is to be around 115 lbs. by May 2015 to attend my cousin's summer SoCal wedding.

A little background about myself. I am a 5'1", 34 year old, married to my high school sweetheart, mother of 4. I was never very big when I was younger and l was able to eat anything I wanted without having to workout. I had my first child at age 17 and was able to bounce back to almost my pre-pregnancy weight, which was probably a lot easier because I was still young. Had my second child when I was 22 and was also able to lose weight after but not all of it. I was extremely stressed out finishing up college and planning my wedding all by myself, not to mention I started taking the Depo shot and I blew up like a balloon. Once I changed my birth control I lost a little weight again but I was never the same. I never changed the way I ate throughout the years. I just started working out, but not very consistently. I had my last two kids when I was 27 and 31 and by that time I was working a 12hr night shift, with no babysitter to watch my little ones on the days I worked. So after work I would rush home and have power-naps when I could while I had my little ones. And to add to all of my stress, my sister-in-law came to live with us almost 4 years ago and is still here. She is going to be 27 this year and the whole story of how she ended up with us would not fly with most people. But anyway, having her around has just added to my emotional eating, depression, and resentment.

Whew...now that felt good! ;-) Now that all that is said and done, back to the goal. I was 105 pre-pregnancy number 1 but that was when I was 16 years old. I am not sure how I would look if I hit the weight now that I am 34 years old, but that is my actual goal. I'm sure if I mentioned that to my coach she would think I was crazy or something. Especially since I would love nothing more that to keep my boobs and butt. lol. But we all know that those will probably be the first things that go when I continue to lose weight.

Anyway, I started Week 6 yesterday and have already lost 23 lbs. I have been challenged by so many temptations these past 5 weeks and am so happy that I was able to be strong. My deadline is MAY 9, 2015. Can't wait to continue on the journey with you all. :-)
Old 02-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 255/242/165

Height: 5'9"

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image*noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar059/slide-jump/lb/257/165/242/.png[/image][/link]

Doing pretty well on alt products.......my doctor loved my success so far......my boss at work is doing IP too...I am new and appreciate this blog so far ...need support and accountability....
Old 02-16-2015, 06:15 PM   #171  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Eetrinidad: Congrats on your weight loss so far, there is something about this forum that is very therapeutic. I wonder if the certain level of anonymity allows us to express our concerns, stress and worries and also allows for some brutal honesty and self-reflection. Of course I don't have the answer but I do know that the forum provides a support and accountabilty for me. I hope you find being here as helpful as I have

Jbug59 Welcome to the forum and congrats on your success!!!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:52 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Question for my fellow January starters. Has anyone tried any light weight training? Last year I worked with a trainer on strength training as I am getting older and want to preserve as much muscle as I can. I was thinking of doing light weights and some core work (planks, crunches, etc.) Just wondered if any of you had done any of this type exercise. I am now beginning my 5th week and feel great and miss my exercising.
Thanks for any input.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #173  

S/C/G: (reboot) 294/263/210

Height: 6'-0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Question for my fellow January starters. Has anyone tried any light weight training? Last year I worked with a trainer on strength training as I am getting older and want to preserve as much muscle as I can. I was thinking of doing light weights and some core work (planks, crunches, etc.) Just wondered if any of you had done any of this type exercise. I am now beginning my 5th week and feel great and miss my exercising.
Thanks for any input.
Here is a great interview podcast with a Dr. Andy Galpen where he talks about muscle and mechanism of gaining. And nutritional requirements to achieve that gain. Muscles research is his field as a Human Bioenergetics, Muscle Physiologist.
http://daily.barbellshrugged.com/3-t...-about-muscle/

If your feel decent, and had a workout capacity before hand. It probably not an issue. You have to watch how much glycolitic demand you put on your system. You can be catabolic pretty easy. I use and recommend a basic full body warmup. Concept 2 rower, or AirDyne bike for 10 minute, then some brute strength short duration. Depending on what floats a boat 1-2 warmup sets then 3 sets X5 reos of 70-80 1 rep max. Using just a few exercises of mostly compound movements.

My personal approach uses more of a general preparedness approach. I don't care for boring weights anymore and feel this actually applies more to real life expression of strength.
heavy deadlifts (regular or stiff legged)
front squats with KB
push press with KB
Snatch with KB
farmers walks with heavy dumbells or kettlebells
tire flips
push heavy sled
drag heavy sled
Pullups w/ an assist band (http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...3d6c991460.jpg)

I would pick 3-4 of thees items. Depending on how taxing they are. And maybe do 3 sets of pretty taxing duration or load after the warmup above.
Should be out of the gym in less than an hour with a full body stimulus that didn't just wreck your energy stores for the day.

Don't forget - Strong people are harder to kill and more useful in general... - Mark Ripetoe

Last edited by wylothar; 02-17-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #174  

Thanks, Wylothar. I will check out the podcast. I had been working out with a trainer for about 7 months last year. We did tons of squats, lunges, and then free weights before ending with 10 minutes of ab work. Really do miss exercising.
Great workout ideas. Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #175  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I've never been one to stick with any kind of exercise program (one of many things I'm working on changing) but I started another round of sweating to the oldies yesterday. It's dorky but doable. I also started walking again. There is really no excuse not to for me. I have a great neighborhood to walk in; safe, very little traffic, and just a few friendly dogs than want to walk with me and sometimes a cat. It's just the getting up and doing it that is so hard for me. I enjoy it once I'm going so making it a habit is my newest goal.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #176  

Frawniemae, don't worry about the dorky just do what works for you. I love zumba too but a lot of my exercise friends don't like it. I used to go by myself. Didn't bother me one bit. I enjoy walking outdoors too. My husband is a runner so we will go to the local track and I walk while he runs.
Keep up the good work. You are doing great. I always enjoy you enthusiasm on the boards.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #177  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Since I started IP my husband and I have not gone out on the weekends. My husband invited me out this weekend for supper and an overnight in a hotel. Dinner and breakfast in a restaurant Etc. I am very worried. I looked at the restaurant menu and I can get some steak and veggies. For the morning I will bring a package or maybe order an egg white omelet. I have been 100% op so far I'm thinking of cutting out the restricted item for tomorrow and Sunday. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Old 02-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #178  

Arobed, what a nice treat. I don't know that I would cut out my restricted if you are going to be eating pretty much OP. I have been having one restricted per day even on days when I dine out with the family. So far it hasn't stalled my weight loss. If your meal is a little more than what you would have had at home - maybe cut out the restricted. I do know it is hard to figure weights and measurements in a restaurant. I always wonder when I order a 6 ounce steak if that is before cooking or after. I know I can be a little overboard when it comes to staying OP. Enjoy your weekend with your husband. You deserve it.
BTW, what was your start date. Your loss is very good. 27 pounds. Wow! I began on 01-19.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:24 PM   #179  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Frawniemae, don't worry about the dorky just do what works for you. I love zumba too but a lot of my exercise friends don't like it. I used to go by myself. Didn't bother me one bit. I enjoy walking outdoors too. My husband is a runner so we will go to the local track and I walk while he runs.
Keep up the good work. You are doing great. I always enjoy you enthusiasm on the boards.
I've thought about Zumba but I'd probably hurt myself! I am not very coordinated when it come to dance steps. But my SIL has a dvd she's offered to let me borrow. When I get brave enough, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
Since I started IP my husband and I have not gone out on the weekends. My husband invited me out this weekend for supper and an overnight in a hotel. Dinner and breakfast in a restaurant Etc. I am very worried. I looked at the restaurant menu and I can get some steak and veggies. For the morning I will bring a package or maybe order an egg white omelet. I have been 100% op so far I'm thinking of cutting out the restricted item for tomorrow and Sunday. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Late in posting but I hope it went well! I always preview the menu online (when I can find it) and make my choice ahead of time. I request no dairy or grains due to allergies (easier than trying to explain my diet), no bread brought to the table, steamed veggies only and oil and vinegar on the side for my salad. Knowing that they probably make salad by the truckload, I just pick out what is not IPP1 acceptable.

Quote:
Arobed, what a nice treat. I don't know that I would cut out my restricted if you are going to be eating pretty much OP. I have been having one restricted per day even on days when I dine out with the family. So far it hasn't stalled my weight loss. If your meal is a little more than what you would have had at home - maybe cut out the restricted. I do know it is hard to figure weights and measurements in a restaurant. I always wonder when I order a 6 ounce steak if that is before cooking or after. I know I can be a little overboard when it comes to staying OP. Enjoy your weekend with your husband. You deserve it.
BTW, what was your start date. Your loss is very good. 27 pounds. Wow! I began on 01-19.
I am pretty sure the weight is before cooking. My hubbie prefers his steak well done (nearly burnt) while I like mine medium rare (moo!!). We get the same size and cut of meat and he wonders why mine is larger. I try to explain that meat will shrink as it cooks.

My official start date was Jan 21 but I began researching the diet after my cardiologist recommended it to me on the 14th, and had made a lot of changes beforehand (cutting out sodas, purging my pantry of all the carb laden goodies that were in the, etc).
Old 02-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #180  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Thank you all for the answer to my questions and the support. The getaway was fun I ordered a burger with salad I took off the buns ate the meat with salad and drank water. For breakfast I brought my cereal pack and had a boiled egg just the white. All in all I passed my first test of staying op on a outing :0)
Closed Thread