Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #76  
Rebooting Mode

S/C/G: 227/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning IPers! My name is Karen and I'm 41. I'm rebooting after a 35 pound loss Oct 2013 - February 2014 on IP. I fell off the wagon after a trip to Disney in February 2014 and never really hopped back on....but Disney was fun!!

So, here we are, almost a year later and the 35 pounds have return to where they started...mostly on the lower half of my body. I'm 2 weeks in tomorrow, trying it on my own with alternatives since my yearly goal is to get out of debt and IP was too expensive. I'm weighing in tomorrow and can't wait to see where I land!

Aside from getting back to a healthier weight, I also want to buy clothes that are not plus sized. I made it into non-plus size 16 pants last time and it was such a great feeling!

So, that's where I will begin my journey. I've been OP with alternatives and so far so good! This time I didn't have the headaches and cravings that I did the first time around, but I am dealing with the Big C this time, which I didn't have last time. Who knows! My body is just ever changing!

I'm glad to join such an amazing community!
Wishing everyone a great day OP!!

~Karen
Old 01-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 227/220/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting IP in January

Hi I am new here. I have followed IP program three years ago and lost over 85 lbs in nine months. I have been maintaing my weight for 1 years, but gradually started gaining weight, added about 27 lbs over 8 months, but in the last four month I 've been gaining at the rate of 10 lbs per month.

I am at a point where I need to loose 67 lbs. I started IP diet Jan 8th, I 've lost close to 7 lbs!

Looking for others to share my experience with.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #78  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Husband and I did IP from Aug of 2012 to late May 2013. I lost 38 pounds, he lost around 45 I think. I got pretty disgusted going 6 weeks at a time (at about the 22-25 pound weight loss point) without losing any weight with all that expense!!! Hair was falling out. He was going on extended travel so we both quit.

Well we've both gained it all back. So we're heading to the local IP introduction night again next week. I am almost relieved to be rebooting. Not looking forward to the expense and losing what hair I have left...

Last edited by Great Dane; 01-16-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #79  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I'll be starting my IP journey next Wednesday, the 21st. I've researched it and feel confident that it will work for me. I've done hi protein, low carb before and had success but got tired of trying to keep it going. It was strictly of my own accord with choosing what I ate and keeping track of every little nutritional fact. The expense will be worth it if only to get me kickstarted on my way!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 255/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Down a few more pounds....glorious feeling
Old 01-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 311/311/152

Height: 5'7

First weigh-in this past Saturday.
I'm down 9.4 lbs and 4.5 inches!
Yay !
Love the food! I am 100% on program.
I know we're not suppose to start an exercise program on this plan but I have to start walking. I feel so much better when I walk everyday. I live right across the street from a school so the track is literally right out my front door. I have no excuse.
And, I just found out that the gym I have a lifetime membership to just opened a new location about 4 miles from my house.
I have 165 lbs, or so, to lose and I want to do what I can to avoid as much sagging skin as possible.

At the end of my first week, my bra is not as tight ! That's worth it all !!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 171.4/162.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Esammy12
I'll be jumping back on p1 12/28, when I return from Hawaiian vacation.

There are tons of alternative products to help with variety (I avoid soy protein & gluten, so my IP brand choices are also limited). Check out the alts thread and welcome back to ip!
Lisa
Wow - I went back and looked at your journey/photos..you look amazing. I bet you feel great. AND the love your poster...the MENTAL aspect is definitely the hardest part for me personally. I will be meeting with coach tomorrow for a consultation and hope I feel this is the right "next step" for me. It's taken me this many days in January of this new year to say "enough is enough" I want to go to the beach WITHOUT a cover up this year!
I'll be back to check in with you all
Old 01-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #83  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista110 View Post
Good Morning IPers! My name is Karen and I'm 41. I'm rebooting after a 35 pound loss Oct 2013 - February 2014 on IP. I fell off the wagon after a trip to Disney in February 2014 and never really hopped back on....but Disney was fun!!

So, here we are, almost a year later and the 35 pounds have return to where they started...mostly on the lower half of my body. I'm 2 weeks in tomorrow, trying it on my own with alternatives since my yearly goal is to get out of debt and IP was too expensive. I'm weighing in tomorrow and can't wait to see where I land!

~Karen
Hi Karen, I lost about 32 lbs 2 years ago on IP and gained it all back plus about 10 lbs. I have been on IP now for 2 weeks and am down 8 lbs. This is a great place to get inspiration and help. Welcome
Old 01-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

I started Jan. 11 and really like the program so far. I was hungry the first couple of days, but have adjusted. Going for my first official weigh-in on Tuesday morning!! I'm down on my home scale and am excited to see the official weigh-in!! I've gained more than 60 pounds in less than 2 years and am ready to see it go!! Looking forward to feeling better and fitting back into my clothes!! This forum is fantastic! I've done a lot of lurking

Last edited by JoJo82; 01-20-2015 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:51 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey61158 View Post
First weigh-in this past Saturday.
I'm down 9.4 lbs and 4.5 inches!
Yay !
Love the food! I am 100% on program.
I know we're not suppose to start an exercise program on this plan but I have to start walking. I feel so much better when I walk everyday. I live right across the street from a school so the track is literally right out my front door. I have no excuse.
And, I just found out that the gym I have a lifetime membership to just opened a new location about 4 miles from my house.
I have 165 lbs, or so, to lose and I want to do what I can to avoid as much sagging skin as possible.

At the end of my first week, my bra is not as tight ! That's worth it all !!
It's OK to do light exercise on IP... walking is perfect as is swimming or cycling (not race speeds though). The idea is to get moving - it's a good habit for maintenance anyhow, just try not to break into heavy breathing or sweating in P1. Just get yourself a little glow from fresh air and active muscles.
Welcome to all the newbies and rebooters... join us on the daily chat for encouragement and support and answers to any questions you might have.

Liana
Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone, Jumping back in myself. 2013/2014 I lost 61 lbs. on IP, went from 251 to 190, then ended up in the hospital with a bowel obstruction caused by scar tissue left from a previous surgery. It caused a bowel obstruction for me in 2002 also so this diet was not the cause!!!!!!! Funny how people wanted to jump on that band wagon and blame the diet when something went wrong. Although I was thinking maybe it's because I got smaller and the scar tissue had to readjust so perhaps it was my losing weight that caused it and this freaked me out and made me start to sabotage.
Went up to 222, and jumped back on IP, not 100% yet but 95% and down to 215. Want to be 100% but need support to fight the saboteur in my head. Was so easy first go around had a friend doing it with me. But she only had 35 to lose and did it fast with her hubby/ She is maintaining beautifully so proud of her.
Anyway log winded story sorry folks. But I welcome your shares and it helps me to read through your wins loses and support. Hoping to reach goal by spring and for real enter the real world of maintenance which I've yet to do.

Working on closing the dark passages in my mind that stop my success!

Last edited by kcdoe; 01-20-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:38 AM   #87  
maintaining since 9/2013

Welcome back, kcdoe I've missed you on this forum. I'm so sorry to hear you were hospitalized, but glad you're better. It makes such a difference to have support along the way, so hope you'll find it here on 3FC. I've had a couple of 12lb reboots, and accept the fact that I'll need to do it every now and again. The first reboot was hardest, but it got better as I went along, especially after the dark days of winter.
Welcome to all!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 245/245/185

Height: 5'6"

Default just getting started

I started two weeks ago today and I have lost 9.2lbs. so far. I can't wait to see where this journey takes me.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:05 AM   #89  

So I promised I'd be absolutely on phase 1 this week. And I do fabulous all day but evenings kick my tail. Tomorrow a perfect day tomorrow a perfect day I did it so perfectly last time I use to think "why can't they just do it" when I read others continuing to struggle. And here I am wow. Ok Well today is tomorrow again and let's see if I can do 1 perfect Phase 1 IP day. That is my goal 1. Tonight I meet up with some girls on P1 so excited. I asked my coach to check if anyone wanted a diet buddy and she found 2 people perhaps this will be just what I need.

Wish me luck!!! and good luck to all of you!!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:27 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Welcome back, kcdoe I've missed you on this forum. I'm so sorry to hear you were hospitalized, but glad you're better. It makes such a difference to have support along the way, so hope you'll find it here on 3FC. I've had a couple of 12lb reboots, and accept the fact that I'll need to do it every now and again. The first reboot was hardest, but it got better as I went along, especially after the dark days of winter.
Welcome to all!
Thank you Mars,
So kind of you to remember me!!! I to remember you and your support and thank you I do need you all again, I only left because I wasn't doing as I should and well we avoid what reminds us of that don't we. Yes time for me to stop doing the pity party over the medical crap and get to goal isn't it amazing how we find making excuses for the negative habits so easy but the positive ones not so much. Human nature I suppose.

Mars the first go around I was so confident and on it and my strays were so minimal. Having a hard time sticking to one full perfect day on IP1 and getting to ketosis. So I have started the following: Committing to coming here everyday, joining a gym to start yoga and get some physical activity in and committed to seeing my coach weekly again. She has also hooked me up with two other IP1 girls looking for diet buddies, I meet them tonight, can't wait!!!

again thank you Mars acknowledging me here makes me now have to say ok I'm committed LOL good luck with your journey I hope in some small way I can help your Journey as you have helped mine!

May the IP force be with us all!!!
Closed Thread