Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

I just screwed up 2 packages of pancake mix this morning trying to make waffle and pancake. both did't really form. Maybe I added too much water? I used a waffle maker. Any idea?
Old 12-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Zucchini is one of my favorites. I probably eat at least 4 a week! I found a recipe using the maple oatmeal, cinnamon, vanilla and some egg whites that makes 4 huge zucchini muffins and they're sooo good.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #378  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

fluffeifei - I definitely screwed up pancakes too the first time. The first time I clearly added too much water and put it in the shaker bottle because it was runny as heck. The second time I started with 25ml of water and mixed it in a bowl and gradually added a bit of water at a time until it was the right batter consistency...worked like a charm.

MaPetiteChoux - I love zucchini muffins! I'm definitely going to have to make them! Is it just one package of maple oatmeal, and one egg white? I love cinnamon and vanilla so I usually add more than the recipe asks for those.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #379  

Thanks Kimo, I'll try that out
Old 12-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #380  

Fluffei, I made the pancakes this morning and they worked alright using the exact recommended amount of water. Was your batter runny? I actually found that it made a fairly think, dense pancake and thought perhaps I should have used a bit more water. The only other thing I can think of is that the iron wasn't hot enough or the waffle needed longer to cook to set? Now I'm curious to try one as a waffle and see what happens.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #381  

kimo, for the muffins, I use 1 packet of maple oatmeal, a whole medium zucchini grated and with the excess water squeezed out, 2 egg whites, a bit of vanilla, 1/2 TBSP of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, a pinch of salt and a little sprinkle of stevia. Then I mix it into a batter and add a bit of water if necessary until it's a nice batter. Using that much zucchini, they make about 4 muffins when I fill a regular size tin 1/2 way and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. They come out still a bit moist, but still totally delicious. It's my favorite weekend thing to make for breakfast, totally unrestricted, and gets in about 1.5 cups of veggies to start the day!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

MaPetiteChoux - that sounds amazing!!!!! (I don't know if I can stomach buying a whole thing of oatmeal though, hehe!)
Old 12-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #383  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Fluffei, I made the pancakes this morning and they worked alright using the exact recommended amount of water. Was your batter runny? I actually found that it made a fairly think, dense pancake and thought perhaps I should have used a bit more water. The only other thing I can think of is that the iron wasn't hot enough or the waffle needed longer to cook to set? Now I'm curious to try one as a waffle and see what happens.
I think the batter was not as thick as the normal waffle batter. The iron was hot, but the batter just overflowed, maybe I should have made 2 portions instead of 1. It is a pain to clean the waffle maker though.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #384  

Ok ladies - calling out:

Etherbunny
Togden
ItstimeinBC
itsmytimenow
vzubie
katiemcbee

Where is everyone?!?! Are we still OP or do we need some motivation?!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #385  

Mimi - where are you off to on vacation??
Old 12-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 186/163/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
Ok ladies - calling out:

Etherbunny
Togden
ItstimeinBC
itsmytimenow
vzubie
katiemcbee

Where is everyone?!?! Are we still OP or do we need some motivation?!
Hi Teags, Thanks for calling us out. I am still 100% on plan and doing fine for the most part. I am down 22lbs at week 5 so I am really pleased. We are on holidays for a month and I did find it hard during the drive down, but I had a plan and stuck to it.
We are planning on a couple meals out and I looked at the menu for Rubys Diner and am struggling to find something that would be on plan. HAs anyone else eaten there while doing IP? If so what did you Eat?
I am enjoying following. Everyones success, I just don't post often.

I forgot to this is the first time I have ever taken my bathroom scale on holidays with me! But I didn't want to go a month without a weighing.

Last edited by Itstimeinbc; 12-18-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #387  

YAY!! SO glad you are doing well and still lurking. Congrats on 22 pounds, that's AWESOME!

Sounds like you did great sticking to it on your drive, I checked out that menu and I would probably have the 'Low Carb Cheeseburger'. I would have the turkey burger, no mayo, no cheese, and side salad no dressing. Man, do they ever have some tasty (and sinful!) looking stuff!!! Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #388  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

MaPetiteChoux thanks for the recipe! I will definitely be making those next week (I'd do them this weekend but I don't have an oatmeal packet!)

Congrats for staying OP itstimeinBC, gone for a month and on IP must have it's challenges.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! Been running around all day and glad to finally be here and check in

Had that pre-vacation WI and yay! Down 3, even though my scale this morning sure as heck did not show that! In fact, I've just felt so bloated the last two days but maybe I was confusing that with ovulating. Or maybe it was both. Anyway, I am definitely excited about that little loss. Also, inches are coming off from some key areas like my chest, hips and thighs -- all good. Bought some pretty tops this afternoon, now that they can fit better, for this upcoming trip. kimo -- thank you for the positive vibes you sent me yesterday on the daily thread!

Teags -- glad you're back -- we missed you! We're heading down to the Caribbean with my extended family. Hoping for some awesome sunning weather. Glad to have lost some of this extra weight before going because we will be taking family reunion photos. Main concern is staying OP as much as possible. Am traveling with a bunch of packets, but most meals will be out at restaurants. And we'll be out at bars and such later in the evenings. Bleh.

Fluffy -- I start with 1/4 cup water for the pancake batter then add a little more if needed (but I like thinner pancakes). Have never tried making a waffle. Are you all using the syrup? Mmmm.

Also -- saw you ladies were talking about zucchini muffins. I tried them with a packet of Apple Oatmeal, and they were pretty good (no sweetener added). Maybe I'll make some again this weekend….

One week til Christmas, everyone. Stay strong and OP -- the best gift you can give yourself!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #390  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Teags ... HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Still on plan and still checking the board quickly because as a teacher going on winter break this has been a very very busy month ...

My update is 1 month weigh in and Im down 19lbs and 10.5 inches

YAY!!!!!!!

HOW is everyone doing? Are we ready for the holidays?
Closed Thread