Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Haha, my coach never showed me a 5lb hunk of fat, so I just googled "What does 5 lbs of fat look like." If you need extra motivation, pop that in your google search and you'll get a screen full of reminders why the salads and veggies are worth sticking to!

And yes - parties are so hard! I went to a friend's Xmas party last night and it was a test of my will, despite the fact that the host knows I'm on this diet and wanted to be sure there were plenty of healthy things so she had a tray of raw veggies, cocktail shrimp, and even made a little platter of baked ham with pickles and mustard. Such an amazing friend! (and future Bridesmaid, helping me stay on track) Even though I successfully stuck to that corner of the food table, I maintained a fierce staring contest with a mini-cupcake all night. This friend is also a master baker, so there were sugary treats everywhere and the whole house smelled like mulled wine. But I survived!

I'll be glad when we're all through the holiday season so the temptations are less frequent. Stick with it, ladies, you can do it!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Shasta - good advice on the fritatta and radishes. I love fritatta, I almost forgot about it as I haven't made it in a while.

MaPetiteChoux - woohoo! Great job sticking to it at the party. Congrats to you!

----------------------

Well, I was down 1.6 at weigh in today. I was honestly a little disappointed, but my numbers have been so good thus far, I know it has to slow down some weeks. I am super happy that it was still a loss and it was an extremely stressful week for me and I managed to stay on track and not cave on any of the parties I attended. I was just so darn close to 30 lbs and would have loved to hit it today, but that will be my extra motivator for this upcoming week.

Happy Saturday all!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #348  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
Shasta - good advice on the fritatta and radishes. I love fritatta, I almost forgot about it as I haven't made it in a while.

MaPetiteChoux - woohoo! Great job sticking to it at the party. Congrats to you!

----------------------

Well, I was down 1.6 at weigh in today. I was honestly a little disappointed, but my numbers have been so good thus far, I know it has to slow down some weeks. I am super happy that it was still a loss and it was an extremely stressful week for me and I managed to stay on track and not cave on any of the parties I attended. I was just so darn close to 30 lbs and would have loved to hit it today, but that will be my extra motivator for this upcoming week.

Happy Saturday all!!!
Great job Teags! 29 lbs in 6 weeks is remarkable! I was a little disappointed with my WI this week but snapped out realizing that a loss is a loss... This is not a marathon, not a race, etc..
Old 12-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #349  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Good morning,

After a somewhat disappointing wheel I decided to replace my REady made drinks (Van, Choc, strawberry-banana and mango) with the orange and blue-cran-Pom drinks. I was only having the fruity ones once a week however I had vanilla every morning and usually a Choc as well.

Anyway, the drinks taste great however they are not filling me up like the shakes did. Anyone have any ideas about coping with hunger on the drinks only regime?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #350  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm123 View Post
Good morning,

After a somewhat disappointing wheel I decided to replace my REady made drinks (Van, Choc, strawberry-banana and mango) with the orange and blue-cran-Pom drinks. I was only having the fruity ones once a week however I had vanilla every morning and usually a Choc as well.

Anyway, the drinks taste great however they are not filling me up like the shakes did. Anyone have any ideas about coping with hunger on the drinks only regime?
Honestly...don't do the drinks-only regimen. It's not going to improve your results, can actually STALL your losses because you drop TOO low on carbs and calories.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 311/311/152

Height: 5'7

Question question about energy

Good Morning, Everybody !
I have been trying to start IP for a couple of months now, but keep getting hit with financial snags. (it's called a 28 year old daughter) ugh....

Anyway, I am determined to start Jan 1.
I have to get this weight off (about 155 lbs). So far, no health issues but my knees are starting to hurt.

I wanted to ask those who have been on this plan for a few weeks now, have you noticed an increase of energy?

Most days I am dragging because of all this weight and sugar I eat (well, drink, really).
I am hoping this plan will boost my energy levels.

Will I experience an increase in energy when following this plan?
Old 12-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
I maintained a fierce staring contest with a mini-cupcake all night. This friend is also a master baker, so there were sugary treats everywhere and the whole house smelled like mulled wine. But I survived!

I'll be glad when we're all through the holiday season so the temptations are less frequent. Stick with it, ladies, you can do it!
Just by reading, I know you had a hard fight last night. But good job staying OP. Many people ask me why can't I do this after Xmas, I told them after Xmas I will have another 10 lbs to lose, and if you determined to shed the fat start it NOW. Some of my coworkers notice my weight lose already, and that is more rewarding than eating 100 trays of goodies.

Rosey- sorry can't really tell you if there is increase in my energy lel becuase I am somehow always more tired in winter. All I can tell you is be prepared for the first week. I was hungry, fatigue, moody, and my will power got most challenged during the first week. Make a plan with your coach, once you are on track , it will be much easier.

Last edited by Fluffeifei; 12-15-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: add
Old 12-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #353  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Fluffeifei - I've had a lot of people ask me why I can't wait until after Christmas too. I feel the EXACT same as you, why gain weight when I can lose it! I get frustrated with that do it after Xmas remark actually. I get more frustrated when I answer that I was ready to do it now and I feel good and they come back with, well, you can always have a few cheat days over Christmas. I know everyone means well but I wish they would understand that those few cheat days I've had in the past are the reason why I went off program and didn't lose all my weight in the first place (I lost my first 15 on Atkins years ago and never could get back on). I refuse to cheat over Christmas, the only person I'm cheating is myself! I feel so good and I'm losing weight, and I know that if I cheat I'll feel bad (mentally and physically).

On another note, I flexed my willpower muscle this weekend! I dogsat my parents dog on Saturday night and when I got to their house there were butter tarts (my favourite!) on the cooling rack, the house smelled divine. Everytime I let the dogs out for a bathroom break I had to walk right by them. Didn't even have a taste!

Weigh in today! Very excited to see where I'm at!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Kimo- I wish people would be more understanding and helping as it is already hard enough to fight against the goodies. Butter Tarts and home made, good job on not having a taste! Turtles is another weak link of mine, and I heard they have cheese cake flavor this year, all I can do is watching my husband munching on them. Thank god Xmas is almost over lol
Old 12-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #355  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

rosey61158 -- I certainly saw an increase in energy about 5 days in. Before starting IP all I wanted to do was nap any chance I got. It was a struggle just to shower and get dressed each day. But I haven't napped in over a week and I do have more energy, absolutely! Not sure if it's because I'm not eating all those white foods anymore (bread, potatoes, and pasta were my favorite) or because of the vitamins, but whatever it is... I'll take it!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #356  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Haha, my coach never showed me a 5lb hunk of fat, so I just googled "What does 5 lbs of fat look like." If you need extra motivation, pop that in your google search and you'll get a screen full of reminders why the salads and veggies are worth sticking to!
I find that visiting the butter aisle at the supermarket helps too - 1 box of butter = 1lb of fat!
Old 12-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

That is a good visual -- I just used a box of butter in the cookies we were baking. Good reason to stay away from them!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #358  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Well today was my 1 month weight in ... I'm down 19lbs ... Pretty excited!!! On to month 2!!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #359  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

togden, congratulations!! 19 lbs holy smokes! Way to show that fat who's boss!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

togden, 19 lbs, that's awesome!! Congratulations!

Kimo - I don't know what a butter tart is, but I can only imagine that it's heaven on a plate. Well done!

rosey61158 - I think I have had in increase in energy, and certainly in focus. I've been able to sit and study for longer stretches without feeling the need to get up to snack just because I'm bored, and I'm much more awake and alert first thing in the morning. Some mornings, I've even decided I don't really need the coffee. Just be sure to plan for week 1 carefully. I only felt terrible for about 3 days, not a whole week, but getting the willpower going while I felt like that was the hardest part of IP so far.

Interesting that we're all getting comments about starting before the holidays. When people ask why on earth I didn't wait, I just tell them that, when you're motivated, you're motivated and you just can't wait to start and for me, that was in mid-November. It still surprises me how much people are shocked when they see me not cheating. I kept having to reassure my friend that I really was still enjoying her party, even though I wasn't stuffing my face and getting drunk.

My update is that I met with my new coach! And she's amazing, oh my gosh. After talking to her, I realized that my first month may have been unnecessarily spartan. The first coach was extremely strict about timing, often only had certain foods available, insisted that I needed a full teaspoon of salt intake a day (way, way too much and a bad habit for later!), took a kind of punitive attitude toward combing through my food diary, and met with me a full hour a week. I spent all month feeling like I wasn't perfectly OP and that I was a slacker who needed to be even stricter with myself, despite the fact that I've never actually cheated. Well, my new coach thinks I'm about as perfectly OP as one can be and said, "you're doing everything right and are right on target, so good for you!". Seems like a small comment, but it was a revelation to hear that I AM doing it right, and I can stop scrutinizing everything so closely. So glad to have finally found a real clinic with a wall of IP food, some of which I didn't know existed, all in stock, and with a coach who wants to encourage, hand off food, and get me out the door. And, my official 1 month weigh in says I'm down 15 lbs!

New, realistic goal = down 20 by my birthday, January 7
Closed Thread