Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #226  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

TeagsC - yes, MFP has lots of the IP products set up already. Keep an eye out though cuz, as always, there's usually a couple choices and a few ones set up with incorrect values.

I totally get what you mean about the skinny and fat days. Even when you are on program 100%, some days you just wake up feeling bigger than others. I actually have always meant to keep track of that. I'm sure it's probably just certain food that you eat the day before that your body has trouble digesting, but would be nice to know which ones affect my body that way and which don't.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 238/238/165

Height: 5'8

Regarding exercising - I normally workout for about 1.25 hours 5 - 6 days a week. I understand that exercising while on IP should not be extremely rigorous. My normal workout routine I would burn 1000 + cals, so while on IP is there a workout 'calorie burn' limit? I do understand that the idea is to burn fat (ketosis) vs burning up our muscle mass. I guess for me I'm used to doing a lot of cardio workouts and while I don't want to stop working out I don't want to do too much but at the same time I don't want to do too little. So need to figure out the best balancing strategy.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #228  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

OldMeBack - I just started IP and I workout pretty hard too. I think I'm just going to take it easy and just walk the dog daily. When I asked my coach about exercise and my usual routine she said that I shouldn't go crazy, basically anything that will get my heart rate up and make me sweat is a nono. You could always try reducing your activity and slowly add back activity each week and see at which point you start to see less losses or see muscle loss? The way I look at it is that I may as well do the program properly and lose the weight quickly so I can actually see my results from my exercise regime when I start back up.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Hello everyone!

It is a COLD day today. The kind of day you just wanna cuddle up with hot chocolate and a blanket on the couch. But I'll settle for my hot water and lemon and my desk at work. lol.

As if changing my diet wasnt enough, i have decided to go back to school! who says you have to wait for the new year(except thats when i officially start).

Hope everyone has a great weekend. And all my Alberta friends, stay warm!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #230  
Started IP 11/26/2014

It's not cold here yet but this weekend is supposed to get really chilly. I think I might try to chocolate drink heated up with some cinammon in it because I'm going to want a hot chocolate!

Congrats on your decision to go back to school Katie! Hope you enjoy the program!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #231  

I just started today. I'm excited by all of the progress you guys are making!
I can't wait to drop this 50 lbs...
Old 11-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 5'0

Hi all! Yesterday 11/28was my first day on IP. Love all of the support on this site! I am in Texas and doing this with a coach. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #233  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Hi everyone! I am returning to the fold......was on IP a couple of years ago and have regained most of what I lost. Never phased off properly the first time. I just stopped and the old habits came back with a vengeance! Just picked up my products this evening so I will make tomorrow my official start date - in time to join the November group - just barely! I am looking forward to getting back in control again.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #234  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishee View Post
Hi all! Yesterday 11/28was my first day on IP. Love all of the support on this site! I am in Texas and doing this with a coach. Good luck everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakrjakr View Post
I just started today. I'm excited by all of the progress you guys are making!
I can't wait to drop this 50 lbs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Hi everyone! I am returning to the fold......was on IP a couple of years ago and have regained most of what I lost. Never phased off properly the first time. I just stopped and the old habits came back with a vengeance! Just picked up my products this evening so I will make tomorrow my official start date - in time to join the November group - just barely! I am looking forward to getting back in control again.
WELCOME EVERYONE!! Im just ending week 2 tomorrow and it has been interesting however everyone here is extremely supportive and encouraging!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #235  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

I just cleaned out the refrigerator and the cabinets.....threw out everything that's not OP. My holiday guests left last night and while it was lovely to have a house full of family, it was very difficult to keep on track. The scale doesn't show a gain, but no loss either.

So the first bottle of water is gone, my daily supplements are taken, I'm nibbling on a cucumber and have planned out my packets and my protein meal for tonight. I need to remember that I'm doing this for ME and that I deserve to be treated right.

Welcome to all the new November starters. Congrats to all who have posted losses and NSVs.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 238/238/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
OldMeBack - I just started IP and I workout pretty hard too. I think I'm just going to take it easy and just walk the dog daily. When I asked my coach about exercise and my usual routine she said that I shouldn't go crazy, basically anything that will get my heart rate up and make me sweat is a nono. You could always try reducing your activity and slowly add back activity each week and see at which point you start to see less losses or see muscle loss? The way I look at it is that I may as well do the program properly and lose the weight quickly so I can actually see my results from my exercise regime when I start back up.
Thank you Kimo. I appreciate the feedback
Old 12-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Welcome to all the new ladies, great to have a few new 'faces' in here.

Katie - glad to hear the tea is an acceptable replacement for hot chocolate!

ether - company can be tough, hey? We are having my father in law stay with us for two weeks over the holidays and I am concerned! Glad your looking forward to getting back on track and it seems you've got it all planned out!

-----------------------

Well, I had my weigh in this weekend and I was down 7 pounds (but that was over two weeks)! I'm really pleased and just crossing my fingers that I can keep it going this week. I have a few challenges coming up that I am worried about....

- a work function at a pizza place tonight! Ugh, they couldn't have chosen a worse place.
- My Christmas party this weekend, I might actually skip it, I just don't feel like going...
- A Christmas party with our friends, should be fun but again we are going for dinner and drinks... :S

I just wish I could live in my bubble and not have to worry about going out! I will manage to stay on track, but I hate the temptation and also not knowing how things are cooked.

Le sigh. Anyway, how was everyone's weekend?!?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #238  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Hey all! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm on Day 6 and I have my weigh in today (I had to make my weekly appointments on a different day of the week than my consult was because Wednesdays are crazy for me!). I feel like I've done pretty good so I can't wait to have my weigh in! My room mate said she already noticed a difference! I definitely noticed a difference too because I accidentally threw a pair of jeans in the dryer that I usually air dry because they get too tight...well I tried them on...they fit!! No more air dried jeans for me!!

Teags I know what you mean about Christmas parties etc! I went to one on Saturday. Luckily I was able to order a steak and green salad. I wasn't even phased when all the desserts came and everyone around me was eating yummy desserts while I sipped my water. The people at the party loved me though because I was a sober ride home. Work function at a pizza place though...that's the pits! But at least you'll feel a million times better than everyone else after eating?
Old 12-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 186/163/133

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to all the new people. So nice to see some new faces.
I had my 3rd WI today and am down 5 lbs. That makes a total of 15lbs in three weeks. I am pretty pleased with that and am starting to see a difference in how my clothes fit so that is nice.
Anyhow, congrats to those of you who have posted some great WI's - I am really excited for you. Those with NSV, I am celebrating with you!
Old 12-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 5'0

Teags- i know what you mean about you bubble! I have a husband and two daughters to cook for...makes it so much more difficult! Open to any tips others may have that are in a similar situation!
Onward and upward!
Closed Thread