Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm123 View Post
I pulled a few dresses from the back of my closet that I have nit been able to wear for a long, long time and they fit! My husband posted a few pictures on Facebook and I received lots of great feedback which felt awesome! Three friends private messages me to ask what I was doing! It felt awesome and it is things like that, you dress story and the other inspirational stories on this blog that will get me through the next two weeks!
!
I can imagine how rewarding it is to be able to fit in the clothes that got thick layer of dust on it. God job and you deserve the compliments 100%. Now that I think it is actually a good idea to pull out the nich little black dress that does not fit me anymore as a mini goal. I am sure that will keep me going.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #407  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffeifei View Post
I can imagine how rewarding it is to be able to fit in the clothes that got thick layer of dust on it. God job and you deserve the compliments 100%. Now that I think it is actually a good idea to pull out the nich little black dress that does not fit me anymore as a mini goal. I am sure that will keep me going.
It is really fun "shopping" in my own closet!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

I like that - "shopping in my own closet"! Hadn't thought about it, but I cleaned out mine this weekend and have enough variety of sizes that haven't been worn in a while. Should keep my going through the transitional phases!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #409  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm123 View Post
It is really fun "shopping" in my own closet!
and it's all for FREE
Old 12-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #410  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
and it's all for FREE
For years I would hate trying on clothes and now I am loving it... My husband keeps asking "where is that from" as I keep pulling from my "fat closet", many items are from before we got married that he never saw. Very fun and is so reassuring.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #411  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

..... Didn't too to well on the scale today at my 5th WI ... I only lost .8lbs

BUT I did lose 7 inches so I guess I am happy about that.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #412  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

TOgden! ME TOO!! My 4th weigh in was 1 lb but 6 inches!! At first I was a little bummed but then I thought, well, inches are what makes my clothes fit better so I'm going to say that's a big win!! And you lost 7 inches, congrats!!!

And hey, maybe next week we'll both have some larger scale losses to get us closer to our goal weights.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Kimo and Togden, I'm with you two hoping for a better week next week. I'm only down 1.6 this week and I'm not really sure how much I lost last week since I was switching coaches so their scales weren't calibrated quite the same way, but it may have only been .2? That doesn't seem right but it's what the new coach's scale said. I wish I knew my inches lost but the old coach hasn't yet faxed my info to the new coach so I can't track my loss during the transition, but I guess that doesn't really matter going forward. Just wish I had a better record of how I'm doing week to week.

Only a little longer until we're through the holiday food temptations! Just think how awesome it'll be when everyone around us starts making their New Years resolutions to get in shape - by then, we'll all be enjoying some real results from our November head start!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #414  
Started IP 11/17/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
TOgden! ME TOO!! My 4th weigh in was 1 lb but 6 inches!! At first I was a little bummed but then I thought, well, inches are what makes my clothes fit better so I'm going to say that's a big win!! And you lost 7 inches, congrats!!!

And hey, maybe next week we'll both have some larger scale losses to get us closer to our goal weights.
You are right ... My clothes definitely fit better and some are just getting to big ..... I'm starting to look at dresses for my birthday in March ... i thought about ordering but I have no idea how many more inches or pounds I will lose by then!!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #415  

Kimo and Togden Could be that you worked out your muscle mass which would reduce ur inches but not weight? Losing inches is always good, I just hope I don't lose all my inches from the chest part lol
Old 12-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #416  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I see a lot of that 4-letter-word being thrown around today....ONLY!!

Remember that weight loss is NOT linear. You will not see the same numbers on the scale week after week, your body has to adjust along the way. So if you've been seeing 2-4lbs on the scale, EXPECT that you will have a low week, maybe even a week where you have ZERO weight loss but lose inches. TOTALLY NORMAL.

Keep on trucking, you're all doing great!
Old 12-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #417  
Started IP 11/17/2014

Quote:
Kimo and Togden Could be that you worked out your muscle mass which would reduce ur inches but not weight? Losing inches is always good, I just hope I don't lose all my inches from the chest part lol
I did walk on the treadmill this week 3 times just for 20 minutes but it'd a change and your right bodies definitely need to adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I see a lot of that 4-letter-word being thrown around today....ONLY!!

Remember that weight loss is NOT linear. You will not see the same numbers on the scale week after week, your body has to adjust along the way. So if you've been seeing 2-4lbs on the scale, EXPECT that you will have a low week, maybe even a week where you have ZERO weight loss but lose inches. TOTALLY NORMAL.

Keep on trucking, you're all doing great!
Scorbett .... I LOVE WHEN YOU POST .... you always give great advice and your so insightful!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #418  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Quote:
I haven't done any working out yet since I figured I should get my body used to IP before I throw on any exercise. But, 6 inches proves that I'm doing something right.

Scorbett - thanks for the dose of reality. I know you say that to people all the time and I still got stuck in that frame of mind where it's "only" one pound. Actually I was on another thread and someone said when you lose zero pounds you're maintaining and you should be proud of that instead of thinking of it as no weight loss. Pretty smart way to look at it actually!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #419  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Good morning ladies and happy Christmas Eve! I wrote out a whole post yesterday but I guess it didn't post because of my spotty wifi. Anyway, just want to say I loved the wedding dress NSV, mapetitechoux! And for those of you losing all those inches, in some ways, those losses are more meaningful and tangible than pounds lost -- as we see with all our old clothes that fit so much better! LOVE that feeling and don't ever want to forget it! It is making this vacation so much better since we are spending most of the day in swimsuits and shorts. I remember too clearly how uncomfortable I felt in those clothes even a few months ago over the summer.

Teags, I'm still a few pounds off the phasing off talk. My coach said we would move on when I was 80% of the way to my goal weight. So maybe when I get under the 130s. I am expecting this week to be a mess and I may not even be in ketosis at this point. Every meal here is so hard to control. "Steamed" veggies come out with obvious butter slathered on top, tons of extra salt on all the meats, and I am not getting near enough veggies. And I am allowing mysrlf a glass of wine at dinner, understanding the ramifications. My extended family is still a little wary of what I'm doing, for example, my mother told me not to lose anymore weight because I looked better with my cheeks a little fuller (moms!). Anyway, love hearing about everyone's progress. And love having a place to check in. Happy holidays all!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #420  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Mimi you're amazing for being on the diet over vacay! I'm not sure I would be able to do it. I used to do atkins so I'm pretty familiar with ketogenic diets. Low carb is what makes a ketogenic diet so if you're having butter on your veg - it's fine! Butter is just fat. You may not lose as fast as low carb low fat but you'll still be in ketosis! I found that low carb high fat made me feel crappy though. I also think most wines are fairly low carb too - I remember having a glass of red on atkins and the carb count was ok - alchohol was not recommended but it was a special event! Once you cross into 2-3 glasses, well, now it's not so good anymore!
Closed Thread