Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #226  

I also was told to add an extra packet because my lean was going down. I don't need it every day, I listen to my body. If I'm hungry I add it or I do the egg whites. My coach has been awesome and revamped what I do for exercise and how I'm eating as needed.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #227  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Listen to your coach mine is really great and the videos each morning help me to be 100%. I have not cheated in 30weeks
Old 09-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #228  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Down 1.2 and 100% on IP. I am getting closer to goal so I know my weight lose will slow down. 30 weeks and a lose every week. This program works.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #229  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Ruth Ann - love it, definitely perfect for us!

Happy 100%-ing y'all!!
I love your enthusiasm - always makes me smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Love this!!!

I hate that life is getting so busy - September is always a big rush between kids starting school, me in school, karate lessons and Cub scouts...oh yeah and I do occasionally get to see my husband too

Take a minute today, even if it's just a minute, for a deep breath and some self-appreciation. Give yourself one real, honest compliment. It'll put a smile on you for the rest of the day!
I'm going to take your last paragraph and stick it on my mirror. It's easy to get so busy and doing so much that we forget the most important person - ourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattigrr View Post
I also was told to add an extra packet because my lean was going down. I don't need it every day, I listen to my body. If I'm hungry I add it or I do the egg whites. My coach has been awesome and revamped what I do for exercise and how I'm eating as needed.
Sounds like you have a good coach - hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Listen to your coach mine is really great and the videos each morning help me to be 100%. I have not cheated in 30weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Down 1.2 and 100% on IP. I am getting closer to goal so I know my weight lose will slow down. 30 weeks and a lose every week. This program works.
Congrats on staying 100%! Not easy but so worth it. And you may not slow down as much as you think - I kept losing at a steady rate right up until I phased off and then lost in P2, P3 and while getting my maintenance calories right. You have done outstanding!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #230  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I posted in the daily too, but had to share here - WI today was another 2.6lbs down, making my total losses 14lbs for the first month!

Anyone with concerns about rebooting, or sticking 100% versus cheating - I'll call that proof in the protein pudding!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Way to go on the 2.6!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #232  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
I posted in the daily too, but had to share here - WI today was another 2.6lbs down, making my total losses 14lbs for the first month!

Anyone with concerns about rebooting, or sticking 100% versus cheating - I'll call that proof in the protein pudding!
Congrats on the loss scorbett! Great first month on the reboot!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #233  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

Outstanding!
Old 09-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default WI #2 of reboot

Will post this again here, still floundering trying to figure which board to concentrate on...gets confusing when others talk about other diet plans so maybe I should focus on this one..as long as I can stay OP!!
Had my 2nd WI..down 3.6 for a total of 11.6 in 2 weeks..It was a more challenging week for me,,more hungry than I remember when I did IP in 2012. I didn't have any off plan foods, but I did find myself having an extra packet 3 days this week. Also Didn't do that the first time around . I am also eating the chips which I didn't do either, but find the crunchiness good when I am having those cravings. Also by the time I am finished taking care of my SO it's pushing 10 or 10:30 pm and I have a lot of pent of frustration. so the cravings really kick in. Any suggestions for something crunchy to eat besides celry or IP chips?

Scorbett, you mentioned the reboot being harder mentally, but are you finding any other differences? Maybe I am more tempted and have these cravings because I am now no longer living alone, but back in with my ex who is very ill, plus I have to have foods around for him that I didn;t have in my house before. I tried rebooting a few times in 2014 but never made it thru 2 weeks...so far so good, but I am being tempted more and more.....
Old 09-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

CScape the pent up frustration and stress can certainly make it more difficult to lose due to cortisol, plus most of us have dealt with emotional issues in the past with a dose of our favorite foods. That is probably part of your situation right now. It takes a bit to break the old habits... you might want to try some cognitive behaviour therapy via Beck Diet Solution or perhaps you have been there while dealing with other issues. I did some with my 6 week Chronic Pain Management course and I still find myself wanting to turn to the fatty salty crunchy things for a bit of stress buster at times.
Just being aware of it can help. Give yourself a lavender or rose geranium oil foot massage at the end of the day and take deep slow breaths - those two oils are supposed to help with calming the mind of worries and anxiety, and de-stressing. I try to put those oils on my wrists and neck when I go to bed and close my eyes to breathe it in deeply. Do you have a community health nurse or similar in your area that you can check out resources with for caregivers? I am going through a somewhat similar situation with my parents as my mom has a type of dementia (not Alzheimers) that along with Parkinson's runs in the family and my dad who is 77 next month and has to watch his blood sugars is taking care of her. They live just a few doors down from us which is good but I am the only surviving child since my brother died 1 1/2 yrs ago. So I am trying to help out as much as possible.

Liana

ps: As you may remember, things will get better dietwise in a bit - your body is just at that shifting period where everyone seems to have some sort of problem, cravings, or lethargy, or headaches, etc. HANG ON!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #236  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Scorbett -- congrats on the successful re-boot! and thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge about how to follow IP and stay on program over the long haul. We newbies really appreciate the benefit of the experience you and others share.

Cscape -- I appreciate your caregiver role -- my husband is a miracle survivor of gastric cancer after aggressive chemo and radiation and major thoracic surgery where he had some unplanned neurological insult and lost the use of his legs. He had to go thru residential rehab and a long period of physical therapy to get back on his feet with a walker or cane. He weighed 230 when diagnosed but now I am the wife of Jack Spratt - he works very hard to keep his weight above 120lbs (5"9" tall).... the house is filled with all manner of snack foods, candy, ice cream and more. I have a horrendous sweet tooth... sugar addiction really. But somehow, the extra protein and the state of ketosis seems to have really knocked my interest and craving for sweets. The IP foods themselves are quite sweet, so I guess that may help too, but if you can hang in, I think you might find it will get easier.

For crunch, I find Jicama to be a really good choice -- in addition to it's raw state, Scorbett has some excellent Jicama recipes for Jicama 'fries' done in the oven, and some other good dishes. You can find them in the recipe threads, I think.

I have to share that I am taking time to do some things that I enjoy, and that fill empty time when I might otherwise be bored into going off plan. For me - that's dancing - I just got home from a weekly ballroom and latin dance party. For some others - it's knitting, or 'busy hands' projects, and for all of us here on 3FC -- it's walking thru the threads on this community forum every day.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:04 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Thank you oneuh2 and Liana for sharing and for such meaningful advice.

oneuh2: I can only begin to imagine the heartache, struggle and fatigue (and fear) you must have gone thru during your husbands health crisis. I have a zillion questions on how you managed, but don't know if the IP forum is the place dig deeper into the emotional/ physical strain the caregiver endures. But your response made me realize, for the first time since this medical free fall started (March 2913) that I have not had the opportunity to share with anyone else who has been in a similar situation. Why I didn't think of this before now I don't know..maybe because I have been consumed with taking care of him, both when at home and when he's an in-patient. I realize now I need that support, as it is getting harder, not easier as the months progress. His recovery is not looking very good right now, and the alternative terrifies me.

You mentioned jicama and that sounds worth looking into. I tried it once many years ago before it was readily available and didn't know how to cook it.. will give it another try and try Scorbett's recipe...

RE: taking care of yourself..that is awesome that you make the time for you. I did not have much success in the past with this, but the hopefully sticking with IP will be a beginning. It is so easy to get consumed by all the demands of 24/7 care.

Liana: Love your suggestion with the oils. I have lavender oil and will use it on my wrists tonight. Don't know if the type of oil matters, the one I have I've used in my bath or on a clay infuser. Will also see if I can find the rose geranium in our CO-OP.

As I mentioned to oneuh2, it's been very challenging finding time to do anything for myself...Rich receives 7 hours of nurse's aide time each week. It's great we get that, but it's really a drop in the bucket. I'm trying to find additional help we can afford and that is reliable. Do you have workers coming in to take care of your folks? It must be daunting to have both parents need care and oversight at the same time, and the dementia is such an emotional drain (at least it has been for me). How have you managed to juggle their care and still do all the food prep needed for IP?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:40 AM   #238  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
Will post this again here, still floundering trying to figure which board to concentrate on...gets confusing when others talk about other diet plans so maybe I should focus on this one..as long as I can stay OP!!
Had my 2nd WI..down 3.6 for a total of 11.6 in 2 weeks..It was a more challenging week for me,,more hungry than I remember when I did IP in 2012. I didn't have any off plan foods, but I did find myself having an extra packet 3 days this week. Also Didn't do that the first time around . I am also eating the chips which I didn't do either, but find the crunchiness good when I am having those cravings. Also by the time I am finished taking care of my SO it's pushing 10 or 10:30 pm and I have a lot of pent of frustration. so the cravings really kick in. Any suggestions for something crunchy to eat besides celry or IP chips?

Scorbett, you mentioned the reboot being harder mentally, but are you finding any other differences? Maybe I am more tempted and have these cravings because I am now no longer living alone, but back in with my ex who is very ill, plus I have to have foods around for him that I didn;t have in my house before. I tried rebooting a few times in 2014 but never made it thru 2 weeks...so far so good, but I am being tempted more and more.....
I've noticed a little more hunger than I remember the first time as well, but I would venture to guess that the stress of your situation has more to do with the cravings than the fact that you're rebooting. We really underestimate the toll that stress can have on us...physically and mentally. Liana and Oneuh2 gave you great insight. I can add that my ex husband went through a bout with cancer many years ago - I remember how all-encompassing the caregiving was...for a while it was the only thing that defined my days, and it felt like there was no room for anything else. Setting yourself up with a support system - whether it's through church, community, perhaps a support group through your local hospital, or even here - is going to be invaluable as things go on. No matter the outcome of HIS situation, YOU need to make sure you aren't isolating yourself.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #239  
Started IP 04/22/2013

cscape - my heart goes out to you, such a hard time. Be sure to take good care of you too. I'm with scorbett - make sure you aren't isolating yourself. Caring for someone on a full-time basis is very hard and you get so involved in making life good for them that you just don't seem to have time for yourself. But it's counter-productive not to make some time for yourself and to spend some time doing things you enjoy. You can't give the best of yourself to the person you're caring for without being the best you.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

I'm back again. I never phased off properly, and gained back most of my weight. I'm jumping back in today and started with a proper breakfast. I'm little nervous because I woke up with a bad headache and I know that these first few days of induction can be difficult.
Closed Thread