Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #181  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

As I'm getting back into the swing of P1 I wanted to say hi on this thread too I was a staunch 100%er the first time around and this time will be no different! I'm slowly remembering the OP tricks I used to make P1 work for me and reading everyone's posts here just reinforces my will to get back where I want to be! Hope everyone is having a great 100% weekend!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 AM   #182  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
First, I am blushing over your words. Thank you for your great kindness..

Yes, but now my husband thinks I am crazy because I am sitting here reading you, Ruth Ann, and laughing! Day 2 going well - I like being able to let you know how well your inspiration is progressing.
I laugh a lot when reading this board - dh has just gotten used to it and since he already knows I'm crazy....

Yeah for day 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
As I'm getting back into the swing of P1 I wanted to say hi on this thread too I was a staunch 100%er the first time around and this time will be no different! I'm slowly remembering the OP tricks I used to make P1 work for me and reading everyone's posts here just reinforces my will to get back where I want to be! Hope everyone is having a great 100% weekend!
I stayed 100% the whole time on P1 - thanks mostly to the many people who posted long before I started (I went back and read the old 100% threads when I began and it convinced me that it was the only way to go). Posting here helped me keep my mind in the game and my eye on the prize!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

I'd love to join this thread! I am on day 6 OP & I committed to 100%! I love all the positive energy & attitudes on this thread
Old 09-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #184  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

Why does pounds lost seem to stall or slow down in the fourth, fifth, and sixth week?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanski View Post
Why does pounds lost seem to stall or slow down in the fourth, fifth, and sixth week?
After a while...body mass has to catch up. Some reason that process seems less efficient!!

Are you getting measured...?? Sometimes when the lbs appear to be slowing...you will tighten up...shrink-drop a size...or at least show inches GONE if you are being measured..that is an amazing thing!!

Keep the next smaller jeans on a hook somewhere so when this happens.. you can quit focusing on scale number!! Just try on the jeans during the following week...Sometimes just getting your both legs in is a victory!!

If you weigh everyday...nothing wrong with trying on the same britches everyday before you get dressed!!!! Just because the scale stalls, does NOT mean your size won't/didn't drop.

SUGGESTION: If you don't have a pair to try on...go hit Kohls or Target...just to go try some stuff on!! I call this ego shopping. And it costs NOTHING...

Good vibes to you!

The next size may happen during a week the scale seems stuck!
kg

Last edited by 65X65; 09-01-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #186  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanski View Post
Your body has to adjust along the way. It's very common to have a big loss followed by a week or two of lower losses. Also, it's common that the closer you get to goal the slower your losses will be - your calorie needs reduce as your body size reduces, and the difference between what your body NEEDS and what you EAT gets smaller. The important thing is that you are keeping the scale moving in the right direction.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default You are back - you have been missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
After a while...body mass has to catch up. Some reason that process seems less efficient!!

Are you getting measured...?? Sometimes when the lbs appear to be slowing...you will tighten up...shrink-drop a size...or at least show inches GONE if you are being measured..that is an amazing thing!!

Keep the next smaller jeans on a hook somewhere so when this happens.. you can quit focusing on scale number!! Just try on the jeans during the following week...Sometimes just getting your both legs in is a victory!!

If you weigh everyday...nothing wrong with trying on the same britches everyday before you get dressed!!!! Just because the scale stalls, does NOT mean your size won't/didn't drop.

SUGGESTION: If you don't have a pair to try on...go hit Kohls or Target...just to go try some stuff on!! I call this ego shopping. And it costs NOTHING...

Good vibes to you!

The next size may happen during a week the scale seems stuck!
kg
Welcome back - I certainly missed your calm and sage advice and information. Come and hang out with a misfit a little more often!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Welcome back - I certainly missed your calm and sage advice and information. Come and hang out with a misfit a little more often!
LOL.....LOVE-you!! It's been a rugged last 6 - 8 weeks...!! Daughter's surgery in early July (she's doing well...)... DH retired...and we are where you were about 6-8 mos ago.. cleaning out a house we've been in for 33 years...and looking at new houses...!!

We travel so much though, we are looking at several 55+ communities close to where we live now, so we can leave and not worry about grass...or like last winter SNOW. There are 2 very small communities we love...and seldom does anyone sell so we want to be poised to buy when a house we want comes on the market. Have lost a lot more than the "65" lbs this last few weeks!! My 90 YO dad has been having all sorts of health issues...but his mind is sharp. Last time we went to the hosp (6 hrs away) to see him...he was in bed...working his way through an advanced sudoku book!! The nurses love him...and I want to be him when I grow up. But mostly for me, admittedly it's all good...! As I said..I am really doing a lot of stuff ...with the thought paramount, not to waste a minute of my life!!!

How is your son?? And the other one... wedding SOON??? You have been on my mind...but usually when the thought hits...I'm in the basement packing up stuff I don't really need for charity!! Doesn't mean I don't still think of you!

We are almost done...but then the painting and re-carpeting begins.....so hope we get done before we find a new place and want to list this home!!

kg

Last edited by 65X65; 09-01-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
LOL.....LOVE-you!! and we are where you were about 6-8 mos ago.. cleaning out a house we've been in for 33 years...and looking at new houses...!!

We travel so much though, we are looking at several 55+ communities close to where we live now, so we can leave and not worry about grass...or like last winter SNOW. There are 2 very small communities we love...and seldom does anyone sell so we want to be poised to buy when a house we want comes on the market. Have lost a lot more than the "65" lbs this last few weeks!! My 90 YO dad has been having all sorts of health issues...but his mind is sharp. Last time we went to the hosp (6 hrs away) to see him...he was in bed...working his way through an advanced sudoku book!! The nurses love him...and I want to be him when I grow up. But mostly for me, admittedly it's all good...! As I said..I am really doing a lot of stuff ...with the thought paramount, not to waste a minute of my life!!!

How is your son?? And the other one... wedding SOON??? You have been on my mind...but usually when the thought hits...I'm in the basement packing up stuff I don't really need for charity!! Doesn't mean I don't still think of you!

We are almost done...but then the painting and re-carpeting begins.....so hope we get done before we find a new place and want to list this home!!

kg
We were up at the house today. It is almost totally framed and we will do a walk through on Thursday before the window order is finalized and the plumber and electrician begin roughing things in. Very exciting and almost like the 9 months it takes to have a child!

I am glad to hear that your daughter and Dad are doing well. He sounds like someone I would love to know. I so admire people who age as if every day is still a new adventure.

IN regards to the over 55 type community, we have a small state university just down the road a bit. We figure that when there is snow or we are traveling or I want the tall chandeliers duster and bulbs changed, I will find a healthy young college student who could use some money and support them through their time in college.

Meanwhile, I still am filling bags for donations as I find I have less patience for "stuff". Besides, with a new house in a totally different style and layout, I may need/want new "stuff"!

Sons are fine, thank you. Number 1 son got his deployment overseas extended ('voluntold' what to do...) and so will have a close call with the wedding. Still waiting for his orders home. He will get married, then separate as he goes back for a short while to Hawaii and then 4 months on training in TX before he can join his new bride. They will be move separately to Baltimore area where she will start graduate work at Johns Hopkins and he will join her.

Number 2 doing better with that illness that had him airlifted an hour to the nearest big medical center with a neurologist. Scary and still not sure what was going on. He is still today experiencing some strange symptoms so he is off to the local doctor tomorrow. What a roller coaster as they are still trying to make a diagnosis.....

I am actually doing well. I think I am learning more about my food weakness and that I cannot free style my eating - imagine that! Journaling is helping a lot. Another battle in a life long war - but I will hit 61 looking gorgeous as I am sure you did for your recent birthday.

Last edited by schenectady; 09-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:25 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

65x65: good to see your posts again. The only problem with trying clothes on at the store is that you might just find more 'stuff' you like - it ain't ALWAYS free... Lol.

Liana
Old 09-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #191  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacynak View Post
I'd love to join this thread! I am on day 6 OP & I committed to 100%! I love all the positive energy & attitudes on this thread
Welcome and hooray for staying 100%!

65 - so good to see you! I was just thinking of you the other day, wondered how things were going. So many big changes in your life. And your dad sounds wonderful, what a great person to have in your life!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies!

Tomorrow I will go for my 3rd WI. My first WI I lost 11lbs, Second WI I lost 3lbs. I have been 100% OP since day one, but I have to confess that yesterday was a bit difficult, I was craving the delicious meals my mom cooked, I think I even dreamed with food yesterday I really wanted some hotdogs and chips and I've been craving tortillas. Today I am fine, and happy that I stayed OP and can't wait to find out how much weight/inches I've lost this week!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #193  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Congrats Ariel13 on using that willpower muscle! Sometimes it's really hard but, as you saw, you feel so good when you resist temptations.

Besides the potato puree you can make tortillas out of most of the soup mixes (well, I wouldn't try it with the chicken noodle!) - the tomato basil makes a great sandwich wrap/tortilla.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Congrats Ariel13 on using that willpower muscle! Sometimes it's really hard but, as you saw, you feel so good when you resist temptations.

Besides the potato puree you can make tortillas out of most of the soup mixes (well, I wouldn't try it with the chicken noodle!) - the tomato basil makes a great sandwich wrap/tortilla.
Thank you Ruth Ann Yes, I'm glad I didn't give in! I will definitely try to get the potato puree, can I also make tortillas with the chicken ala king soup? Are the tomato basil and chicken noodle soup good? I want soups during fall/winter time

Last edited by Ariel13; 09-02-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

I finally feel like I can post on this thread! Three perfect days!
Closed Thread