Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #196  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I never had the chicken ala king but I would think it would be rather chunky, the cream of chicken works though. I didn't care for the tomato basil by itself but I loved it as a wrap. The chicken noodle is good with cauliflower in it, just be sure to heat it slowly or it tends to clump.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Lean View Post
I finally feel like I can post on this thread! Three perfect days!
YAY!!! Good job Mad4Lean, keep it up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I never had the chicken ala king but I would think it would be rather chunky, the cream of chicken works though. I didn't care for the tomato basil by itself but I loved it as a wrap. The chicken noodle is good with cauliflower in it, just be sure to heat it slowly or it tends to clump.

Ruth Ann
, I love chicken ala king, I even lick the plate I've noticed my taste buds are changing, before I loved the bbq chips now I don't. Before, I would drink TONS of coffee, now, I sometimes don't even finish my mug when I'm at work. I love coffee, I enjoy it when I eat my brownie, but now I don't need it to stay up, I don't need it to get energy, I don't need it because I always have energy! Now that I'm back to work, I can't go to bed early, I'm up late, and get up early, yesterday I only slept 3 hrs But I don't feel tired or exhausted, but I do want to be able to get some rest...
Old 09-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Bump for blondgirl.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 228/186/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,
After struggling with weight my whole life, I could write a diet book, but just could never stick to one. The magic number seemed to be 12 lbs loss, and then things would grind to a halt.

Now, I have been on IP since June 19. I have lost 40 lbs in 12 weeks. It is unbelievable. I've been waiting for the "other shoe to drop" and weight loss to slow, but it is not happening. I am 100% following the rules (again, unbelievable). I've been reading posts here for a while and today finally feel like I earned the right to post.

Happy Friday! Is anyone else addicted to kale chips?
Old 09-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #200  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Welcome bateke and congrats on the 40 lb loss - that is outstanding! 100% is the only way to fly!

I'm in the minority - never liked kale chips but was totally addicted to turnip fries in P1. I could have eaten them every day!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:51 AM   #201  

Welcome and GRATS on your weight loss bateke! I've never had the kale chips, but I'm addicted to Double Chocolate Brownies, which I haven't had in the past 10 days because I ran out of them, but will go tomorrow to get me some for the next month! I like Salt & Vinegar chips
Old 09-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Committing myself to 100% will be following y'all on here :-)
Old 09-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 228/186/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Welcome bateke and congrats on the 40 lb loss - that is outstanding! 100% is the only way to fly!

I'm in the minority - never liked kale chips but was totally addicted to turnip fries in P1. I could have eaten them every day!
Thanks, Ruth Ann. I need to find a good recipe, but I did buy a turnip the other day because these sounded good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel13 View Post
Welcome and GRATS on your weight loss bateke! I've never had the kale chips, but I'm addicted to Double Chocolate Brownies, which I haven't had in the past 10 days because I ran out of them, but will go tomorrow to get me some for the next month! I like Salt & Vinegar chips
Thanks, Ariel. I will try ANYTHING chocolate but have not tried the Brownies yet. Chocolate mint bars are great and I am not even wild about mint. The fudge-like texture makes them seem decadent.

All:
I wish my IP location sold single pouches so I could sample more items. They have a "trade" basket but this tends to contain items no one liked. Is there a place to buy pouches online?

Have a great Saturday!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #204  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Question Any ideas for improving WF Tomato Basil Sauce?

Does anyone have any ideas for spice or 'legal' ingredients to add to the WF Tomato Basil Sauce to improve the flavor? It's sweet.... I am thinking maybe some vinegar, and more basil or maybe an Italian seasoning blend? I'd love some ideas.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #205  

I LOVE coffee, I drink it black. I get my morning coffee from Dunkin Donuts, and during this time of the year, I would get pumpkin spice coffee, but now I know I can't have that coffee. Today, I bought a bottle of "McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice" to add to my black coffee and give it a hint of pumpkin, since I can't have the one form Dunkin Donuts...The ingredients are: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Allspice and sulfiting agents. I googled the nutrition facts and it said Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size 1 tsp (2 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 6
Calories from Fat 2
Total Fat 0.2g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.1g 1%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1mg 0%
Potassium 11.27mg 0%
Carbohydrates 1.2g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1%
Sugars 0.1g
Protein 0.1g
Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 1% · Iron 2%

Can I still add it to my morning black coffee? Thanks ahead for your help, I just want to make sure before I consume it, I want to continue 100% OP.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #206  
Started IP 04/22/2013

oneuh2 - Vinegar is not a bad idea or basil. I'll ask dh when he gets up - he's a genius with spices and flavorings. Or if you like spicy there's always ways to add a little heat.

Ariel13 - I think lLisa suggested adding the spice to your grounds and I second that! Yummy!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

I had disappointing loses my first two weeks. 2lbs each week. I had bumps in the road and wasn't 100%. Very happy that since committing to 100% on Thursday I'm already down another 4lb!

Finding that bulk cooking really helps keep me successful!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #208  

I don't think I'd be as successful if I needed to cook every meal separately. I do a LOT of bulk cooking on the weekends

Today I'm using a gumbo recipe I found on the forum a few weeks ago. I changed it up, added more veggies but only meat for 1 meal. Then the veggies are good for more meals.

I'm also going to make stir fried veggies that become my heat & eat throughout the week.

When I first started IP, Sunday was my veggie puree day. I had soups for lunch M-F and added a yummy veggie puree to them. I gave up the soups when I quit soy but the concept still works (hence the stir fry).

Just about any time I cook a meal, it is created to have more than one meal. That is just common-sense time saving IMO. I cook a lot of meat in the crockpot after we have initially smoked it (not really one dish meals b/c I don't like overcooked veggies). My crockpot fits a pretty big roast or a whole chicken.

I got turnips with greens in my CSA so turnip greens will be on tonite's menu. I found they're yummy with some ACV & chicken broth. I'll use leeks instead of onion or shallots. We also got a ton of green beans so I guess I'll be using my occasional veggie allotments this week. Luckily, DH likes green beans, too!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Hello everyone - I am new to posting, but not to the experience of this site. I was 100% my first go 'round & have every intention to be on this reboot as well. My previous experience of reading your thread in the past helped me stay 100% when I was feeling desperate - thank you all (there are many familiar names from last year of people who inspired me) & I hope to become member of this group.

I do feel I need to add the disclaimer that I do a combo of alternative & IP products (the expense was too much) but all the alternative products do meet the IP requirements.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #210  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for spice or 'legal' ingredients to add to the WF Tomato Basil Sauce to improve the flavor? It's sweet.... I am thinking maybe some vinegar, and more basil or maybe an Italian seasoning blend? I'd love some ideas.
Ok, the suggestion I got was to either add a cut up not quite ripe tomato to the sauce (have to adjust portions to make it IP legal) or to add red pepper flakes to add some heat to disguise the sweetness.

TXWineo - hooray for being 100%, it really does make a difference.

SkyeAvery - welcome to the 100%ers! And 100% means following the protocol 100% whether you do it with strictly IP products, alternatives or a combo.
Closed Thread