Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #166  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Thanks, Liana.

I do get the veg in - always have celery on hand and if I get to the end of the day and haven't hit 4 cups, i eat celery for a bedtime snack (what a difference a month makes - for years ice cream was my regular bedtime snack). I just never wanted to dip the celery in plain olive oil. There is a store in town that sells all kinds of fancy oils, i should splurge on some high quality olive oil and see if I can do it "straight up".

Are lemon and lime juice OP as long as you are using small amounts?
How much EVOO are you using? I usually can use mine in one salad. I actually happen to like the taste, but I'm wondering if you mixed up a dressing of EVOO and Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice or even Spicy Mustard if you couldn't get it in?

Oops...just saw your last sentence....YES lemon and lime juice are on plan! So are the 0/0/0 lines of Walden Farm products, yellow mustard, spicy mustard, soy sauce, liquid smoke, Mrs. Dash (the sugar free kind....the original), Franks Red Sauce, Horseradish, Flavoring Extracts (vanilla, almond), cocoa (as long as no sugar), and TONS of spices and herbs.

I have found flavoring my food is the BEST way to keep IP interesting!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #167  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

I get most of the EVOO in by mixing it with WF balsamic dressing. I found that adding equal amounts of oil and dressing cuts the artificial taste of the dressing. So, most days I have 2 tsp of dressing on my lunch salad, which leaves a tsp of EVOO to use someplace else. I also add the EVOO to vegetables that I chop or puree to add to an omelette or soup.

It is really just the occasional two-shake day (when my schedule is extra crazy, or unpredictable) that I am looking for a way to get that last bit of EVOO in.

Thanks for the suggestions - I will try the homemade dressing. I have both lemon and lime juice in the fridge!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

I know it sounds weird, but on those two-shake days, you might try just putting the olive oil in the shake...it's just a tsp and if you blend it well, I don't even notice it (especially if I've added some spinach and ice for a smoothie...which I realize also sounds gross but is quite tasty
Old 08-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #169  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

I have been adding spinach to the chocolate shakes - started with a little, but now I am adding the whole 2 cups. I puree the spinach first with 1 oz of water, then add the shake mix and the rest of the water. The color is kind of awful, but it tastes great. Next time, I will add some EVOO and see if I can tell the difference.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Ladies , checking back in . I've been crazy busy at work getting ready for the start of the semester. Just weighed in with my coach and I am down 25.3 pounds! !!! Yes!!!! Hope you all have been doing well.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #171  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Ladies , checking back in . I've been crazy busy at work getting ready for the start of the semester. Just weighed in with my coach and I am down 25.3 pounds! !!! Yes!!!! Hope you all have been doing well.
Hooray you! That is super!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #172  

Hi Guys - Quick introduction. I'm Merissa
I'm new (ish) on IP. Went on for 2 months and lost 40 lbs. ZERO cheats. Went on out of country for a month (gained 5) so I restarted protocol 3 weeks ago, the moment I landed and am down 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I hope I can make it 25+ by Thanksgiving which is my birthday on Lisa's challenge! Good luck everyone!!! so I've lost 50 lbs on IP in about 3 months and i feel like its the best diet EVER LOL. and UH I have to get the little demons out of my head that say get off of it, eat healthy, have yogurt and fruit for breakfast you'll still lose weight! IE the gateway to caloric ****

--- Side note a couple of clarifications I needed as my clinic down the street switched to Proto Diet and the nearest IP clinic is 20 miles away. 1. I heard the brownies are double restricted over Instagram.. is this true?

2. I heard arugula, celery, cucumbers + lettuce are now all unrestricted, unlimited

3. My new clinic told me I have to , rather should, eat my restricted in the morning as opposed to late night.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Merissa
Old 08-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #173  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merissa2011 View Post
Hi Guys - Quick introduction. I'm Merissa
I'm new (ish) on IP. Went on for 2 months and lost 40 lbs. ZERO cheats. Went on out of country for a month (gained 5) so I restarted protocol 3 weeks ago, the moment I landed and am down 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I hope I can make it 25+ by Thanksgiving which is my birthday on Lisa's challenge! Good luck everyone!!! so I've lost 50 lbs on IP in about 3 months and i feel like its the best diet EVER LOL. and UH I have to get the little demons out of my head that say get off of it, eat healthy, have yogurt and fruit for breakfast you'll still lose weight! IE the gateway to caloric ****

--- Side note a couple of clarifications I needed as my clinic down the street switched to Proto Diet and the nearest IP clinic is 20 miles away. 1. I heard the brownies are double restricted over Instagram.. is this true?

2. I heard arugula, celery, cucumbers + lettuce are now all unrestricted, unlimited

3. My new clinic told me I have to , rather should, eat my restricted in the morning as opposed to late night.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Merissa
Congrats on the great losses!

Look at the new P1 sheet (link in the first post of the daily chat) - yes, all those are now unlimited.

I don't think timing of your restricted has any bearing on your weight loss - some people like them for breakfast, some for a mid-morning snack, some for an evening snack. I did them whenever worked for my meal plan and did just fine. I think it's all personal preference.

Had a good day today - crawled around under desks cleaning up cords that were driving me nuts (I like them nice and neat and bundled up, I'm weird). Did get to take an extra long lunch break and sit and chat with a great friend, was a super way to head into the long weekend!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #174  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Exciting results! Congrats!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Had a good day today - crawled around under desks cleaning up cords that were driving me nuts (I like them nice and neat and bundled up, I'm weird). Did get to take an extra long lunch break and sit and chat with a great friend, was a super way to head into the long weekend!
What Ruth Ann is too modest to post is that she inspired someone who fell off the wagon to get back on again. She helped figure out why there might be some resistance to staying 100% and made some suggestions as to how the challenges could be successfully met.

So big thanks to Ruth Ann, my angel in need - day 1 was perfect. No just need to do another hundred more or so.....but one day at a time.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #176  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hooray for 100% days schenectady! You've got your own cheering section!
Old 08-31-2014, 01:24 AM   #177  

Quote:
Congrats on the great losses!

Look at the new P1 sheet (link in the first post of the daily chat) - yes, all those are now unlimited.

I don't think timing of your restricted has any bearing on your weight loss - some people like them for breakfast, some for a mid-morning snack, some for an evening snack. I did them whenever worked for my meal plan and did just fine. I think it's all personal preference.

!
Thanks Ruth Ann!!!

Last edited by Merissa2011; 08-31-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #178  

Quote:
Hooray for 100% days schenectady! You've got your own cheering section!
Thank you, lady! Lost a bit of water weight so even though I know that and know that it will go always go fast, one really really good day did cheer me up and encourage me. Each day is a new opportunity for me to succeed. That feels good - I actually did miss the comfort of the set and absolute routine!
Old 08-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #179  
Started IP 04/22/2013

One really good day is all it takes to start schenectady! And yes, that's one of the beautiful things about P1, the absolute nature of it makes it simple to follow - not always easy, but really simple!

And if anyone is wondering - schenectady is just as beautiful, sweet and smart as she appears in writing. Plus she gets my weird sense of humor so she has to be a-ok!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #180  

Quote:
One really good day is all it takes to start schenectady! And yes, that's one of the beautiful things about P1, the absolute nature of it makes it simple to follow - not always easy, but really simple!

And if anyone is wondering - schenectady is just as beautiful, sweet and smart as she appears in writing. Plus she gets my weird sense of humor so she has to be a-ok!
First, I am blushing over your words. Thank you for your great kindness..

Yes, but now my husband thinks I am crazy because I am sitting here reading you, Ruth Ann, and laughing! Day 2 going well - I like being able to let you know how well your inspiration is progressing.

Last edited by schenectady; 08-31-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Closed Thread