Old 05-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #376  
4/15/13

S/C/G: 232.4/TTT/160

Height: 5'9"

So I was talking with my coach as I'm not happy with he weight loss results and would like to speed it up, yes it's still decent but w/e... I'm thinking of taking up excercize like running or light weights, she said I need to add another package if I do this, what if I did the workout before dinner would I still need he extra pack?
accgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #377  

Height: 5' 7"

It's my understanding that the extra packs help our bodies from looking muscle mass. When you exercise, your body will give you hints like dizziness, feeling weaker, etc. That is why you need that extra pack. Just my thoughts and experience. Good luck but if you stick to the program and keep your water intake up, the pounds and inches will follow.
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
Had my official WI today and I lost a bit more...down to 234 (51lbs). ...

The pounds are definitely not falling off anymore.

After the awkward question about what terminal disease I "must have" was out of the way, they were all amazed by my transformation!

We were at a restaurant so their interest ended when it was time to order. It was pretty funny how the most interested people still order an apple crumble heaped with toppings and ice cream! I happily ate my steak with double veggies and left satisfied but not stuffed.

I'll get there eventually!
1. 5 pounds this last month. So I know what you mean by the weight not falling off.

2. People are amazed at my transformation also. I get that same question about terminal disease! Makes me wonder if people read from the same list of questions.

3. When people ask me how I did it, I say, " Ideal Protein, google it and there is no booze". That ends 99% of the conversations so now I don't have spend time explaining the whole thing and it ends with "I can't give that up" (I must hang with a bunch of drunks). I have inspired 1 other person and he is going to my coach.

4. Clinic called last night and said the coach was not avail for weigh in this week. The wife and I giggled like school children getting a snow day, but we stayed on plan.

5. We will get there eventually together!
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

5 months almost 66 pounds! (65.6)
I swear sometimes I still can't believe it. I have lost a total of 25 inches. Pants from a 46 to a 40 and wearing a 17.5 dress shirt down from a 19. My 15 year old son wears a 16.5!! I predict we could eventually be wearing the same clothes... he has already passed on shoes he can't fit anymore!
afbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #380  

I had Wednesday through Sunday off from work last week. I actually went to Walmart, bought a 8ft ugly stick and fished 4 out of 5 days! Caught a few striped bass each day! Haven't been in over 10 years it was awesome getting outside again! Today after work going to actually go try and hit a bucket of golf balls at the range!
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
I had Wednesday through Sunday off from work last week. I actually went to Walmart, bought a 8ft ugly stick and fished 4 out of 5 days! Caught a few striped bass each day! Haven't been in over 10 years it was awesome getting outside again! Today after work going to actually go try and hit a bucket of golf balls at the range!
Feel like doing a little more now that your 82 pounds lighter?
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #382  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Funny, I've got into the fishing big time lately as well! Went out a picked up my first bait caster after 40 years of fishing spins, as a little treat to myself. Needless to say I turned the air blue with my vocabulary until I got the hang of casting the bugger but now I'm loving it!

Lake Trout season opens on the 25th so I'm packing up some protein bars and getting on the lake by 5am! They better fear me this year!!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #383  
Buzz

S/C/G: 267/213/190

Height: 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbrown2 View Post
5 months almost 66 pounds! (65.6)
I swear sometimes I still can't believe it. I have lost a total of 25 inches. Pants from a 46 to a 40 and wearing a 17.5 dress shirt down from a 19. My 15 year old son wears a 16.5!! I predict we could eventually be wearing the same clothes... he has already passed on shoes he can't fit anymore!
Wait until you see the look on his face when you get his pants on. My sons are in denial about me wearing their pants and think I should always be the fat Archie Bunker dad.
Keep up the good work!
Buzzard777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #384  
Buzz

S/C/G: 267/213/190

Height: 6-2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
Feel like doing a little more now that your 82 pounds lighter?
It is amazing how much more you get done with out the big gut. I have been getting yard work done that I usually procrastinate about all summer. I can pick thing up and not hope someone else will do it so I dont rip my pants or hamstring.
Buzzard777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #385  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Week 15 WI this morning -2 and crossed the 40lb threshhold.

Coach really wants me to do a "cleanse" whether it's their's or a generic. Not because of "toxins" but because I'm having constant C issues. Constant in either having to use Smooth Move (which is hit/miss no matter how long I steep it) or a glycerin bullet. She's hoping the cleanse will get things moving more frequently than 1 or 2 times a week.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #386  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Week 15 WI this morning -2 and crossed the 40lb threshhold.

Coach really wants me to do a "cleanse" whether it's their's or a generic. Not because of "toxins" but because I'm having constant C issues. Constant in either having to use Smooth Move (which is hit/miss no matter how long I steep it) or a glycerin bullet. She's hoping the cleanse will get things moving more frequently than 1 or 2 times a week.
Heres hoping for a "Happy Crappy"!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #387  

S/C/G: 310/217/190

Height: 5"11

Well after 6 weeks of losing about 3 lbs total my coach told me to phase off. Didn't reach my goal, although I have lost 93lbs total. Im nervous about phasing off and losing control and gaining it all back. I am going to phase off for the summer and then reboot in the fall with my wife, although if I happen to gain 15 lbs back I will start back earlier.
cschindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #388  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschindel View Post
Well after 6 weeks of losing about 3 lbs total my coach told me to phase off. Didn't reach my goal, although I have lost 93lbs total. Im nervous about phasing off and losing control and gaining it all back. I am going to phase off for the summer and then reboot in the fall with my wife, although if I happen to gain 15 lbs back I will start back earlier.
See how P2 feels and if it boosts any loss. Sometimes a shakeup is needed.

I'm hitting P2 Jun 15 whether I'm at goal or not as I have a trip planned and it'll be much easier eating with others at 2 meals per day than 1. I should be close to goal but still not sure that's the final weight I want to be or not. If I continue to lose on P2 I may stick there longer than the 2 week plan and simply head to P3 when I feel I'm at the right weight.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 310/217/190

Height: 5"11

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
See how P2 feels and if it boosts any loss. Sometimes a shakeup is needed.

I'm hitting P2 Jun 15 whether I'm at goal or not as I have a trip planned and it'll be much easier eating with others at 2 meals per day than 1. I should be close to goal but still not sure that's the final weight I want to be or not. If I continue to lose on P2 I may stick there longer than the 2 week plan and simply head to P3 when I feel I'm at the right weight.
My coach had me on phase 2 since I started. Tried changing when I had my restricted as they thought that change would
Help, but it didn't.
cschindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #390  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschindel View Post
Dude, you did an awesome job!! 93lbs is freakin' incredible! I think you are doing the right thing. Take the summer off and see how your body (and mind) react. Just stay in control...when you look at a Big Mac just flashback to 93lbs ago and order the Tuscan Salad instead!

I'm having similar issues. After 51lbs I have definitely stalled. I think my body is very happy where I am right now at 234 and isn't happy about losing any more. However, my brain wants 220 so I'm gonna try and push through this "plateau" stage. I will admit that recently I haven't been as good as before but with softball season starting, my activity level has also increased a lot. We had a game yesterday and I must admit now that I'm not lugging around an extra 51lbs I can comparatively "fly" around the base paths!

Our league has an interesting mix of fit people and beer bellies and it is nice to have traded teams in that respect!