Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #241  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
We went camping in Yellowstone during 4th of July one year and it was freezing overnight. If we go again, I'm planning on staying in one of the hotels at the park.

I would love to downhill ski in the Tetons some day. Cross counrty skiing and snow shoeing seem like too much work.
The Tetons are so beautiful, especially around sun up. Just gorgeous. Note to self. Have to travel North more.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #242  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
For those comments about not sharing your weight loss number, I understand it this week. I have felt proud and ready to share up until one person this week where I just rounded up the loss to 100lbs knowing that I've probably hit that but just haven't done an official WI. Saying that number out loud shocked me and felt weird, I'll keep to quoting 97.5 for now.
I'm thinking I'm going to lower my goal weight, and I'll come very close to that 100 pound mark. It is hard to say in my head. Although on these boards it will feel like the goal reached, it should be.

You've done so well, KitKat! Everything to be proud of!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #243  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
The Tetons are so beautiful, especially around sun up. Just gorgeous. Note to self. Have to travel North more.
Very gorgeous but cold!!! I am freezing today and was telling myself to plan a trip south! You are getting so close to goal!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #244  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

RAINBOW!!! BACK From Vermont!!!! YEAH!!!!

I LOVE VERMONT! When I lived in Boston 8-10 of us would go in and rent a ski house in Killington, VT for 6-months. I would go up every weekend Nov-March, the only times I wouldn't go was when I was going to CO or UT for skiing/snowboarding. Crazy skiing Texan who loves New England winters....that's me!

I never really had to deal with the bad side of snow - my landlords loved me and would dig out my car and owned a plow so I always had no problems - I think they felt sorry for the Texan girl.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #245  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Back from our winter vacation to the mountains. My DH and DS skied three different mountains this year. They had a blast with my SIL's family on my DH side. I caught up on some movies with the SIL from my side. I had intended to get some reading in also but those plans didn't work out.

Glad to see so many new people and so many returning. 2013 will be great for all of us!

mompattie I see you made it back before I did. Glad to see you here!

I have spent a day trying to catch up on all the achievements of everyone over the holidays but wow! way more posts than I thought there would be...Good job everyone for your dedication and to all those struggling for your perseverance! I am sure January will be much easier.
Glad you made it back!!!! Sounds like a wonderful holiday!!!! I'm glad your back!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Very gorgeous but cold!!! I am freezing today and was telling myself to plan a trip south! You are getting so close to goal!
Yes, cold, especially in the winter!!! We were at 7 degrees yesterday morning. Our normal low in this part of New Mexico is about 15 this time of year, and it was coooolllllld on my walk yesterday morning. I was thinking about a trip South myself.

Thanks for noticing the close to goal, Holly! I weighed in this morning and I'm down 4 pounds. Yay!!!!!!! TOM finally left after almost 3 weeks. OMG, I was happy about that. I'm going to lower my goal by at least 10 pounds, I'm just waiting to do it, so I won't have that much more to lose (psychological).

Last edited by Starshine; 12-30-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Starshine,
You are absolutely crushing it, way to go!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Starshine,
You are absolutely crushing it, way to go!!!
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

You're doing a great job too!

Last edited by Starshine; 12-30-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Wuv, read your CNN link...so cool! You are such an inspiration to all of us, I have shared your youtube link with everyone I know struggling with their weight!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #250  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

awww.....thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
Wuv, read your CNN link...so cool! You are such an inspiration to all of us, I have shared your youtube link with everyone I know struggling with their weight!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #251  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everybody
All this talk about seeing moose, eagles & buffalo makes me jealous. All I get to see here in the NJ suburbs is squirrels, stray cats and an occasional raccoon. (all Pains in the butt) LOL

Anyhow, Just checking in.. doing good on the restart. I am feeling pretty good and highly motivated. I dont have a ton of time to spend on the boards but I do want to stay connected so I think it is important to post.

Have a great night you guys and thanks for all the support.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #252  

Cadu,
How's your son doing?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #253  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
ptod Well! As a Canadian I can't comment on better rates on insurance...sorry. What I do know...is that someone with a reasonable goal for their personal weight history and biological makeup will have an easier time in maintenance. I chose my goal weight because my mom had a hard time at 160 and well, I was 305 (313 at my highest)...so I hang out between 160-165. I'm an 8-10 I have some 6's in my closet. I'm so happy to not have the the two 28 size tops (I found two of them that I didn't know I had) and 24 pants (numerous of those).

I'm SO glad that you've been lurking...I watched for you! You're posts always make me laugh! Yeah, VIP is doing well...I'm quite proud of him and happy to have someone who will eat how I eat (WOE? Who's posts have you been reading! <snicker>)

beck Congrats on the century club!!! Congrats on GOAL! Welcome to almost maintenance! Girl, you're before and after are AWESOME, I have mine in a frame above the scale so I see it everyday. Also, I remember reading one of your posts about not telling anyone how much you lost. I am also timid to tell people unless they are relatively close in friendship, to tell exactly how much I lost. However, I don't always think that they look at me and think "wow she weighed that much" (sometimes I do). I do know they estimate my weight 20 lbs lighter then I am which always makes me laugh inside. I am more comfortable in my skin nowdays...more so then I was 8 months ago that's for sure. You'll get more comfortable too and eventually the new you is the new normal and the questions tend to fade away. GOOD LUCK!
Thank you, ishbel. Nice to see you on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Beck81 - don't know if I said it yet - but CONGRATULATIONS on getting in The Century Club...you look amazing!

Did a great, but chilly (25F) run this morning with the group - I was down 2lb this morning, so sitting at 146, but still on the wrong side of my safe zone, and with TOM lurking around the corner I am hoping to get a little lower before next week!
Thanks Liz, I have learned so much from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
beck....you are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love your smile and wow, you are such an inspiration!!!! you have done an outstanding job on getting to your goal!!! what a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays and a new year with an amazing NEW YOU!!! well done!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Rainbow. You are always so excited for everyone.

Phase 2 is going well and I have been studying phase 3 breakfasts. A little overwhelming. Spent quite a bit of time in the grocery store reading labels and bought a few things yesterday. Looks like I am still losing too.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #254  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Cadu,
How's your son doing?

My Tommy lost 85 pounds, He did put a couple back on but He restarted with me again to finish up. He followed mama off now he is following me back on. I am happy about him following me back on but not so much the off. I feel bad enough that I slipped up but I HATE that I enabled him to slip as well. It is alot of pressure but I need to turn that around and use it as another motivation to keep me going.
Thanks for asking
Old 12-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #255  

That's great. You both will get back on the wagon together and complete your goals this time around, I'm sure of it!
Closed Thread