Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #196  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
I know, I'm kind of uncomfortable when people ask now too. I'll probably end up losing close to 100 pounds, and well, that's not something I want to share with everyone.

You do look sooooo fantastic, Beck. Just wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm just the opposite of you. I tell everyone I've lost 105 lbs. I'm so proud. Before I would lose 30 or so pounds and get to about 200 and then give up and quit and then gain even more (like were I started on IP). I'm not giving up this time. I hope for about 20 more pounds gone before I phase off.

BTW, you look great.

Molly
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I have a big mouth - if someone mentions anything about my weight I blab I was very shy in the beginning about telling people HOW I was losing it, but got much braver around the 40 pound mark. Now I tell anyone that will listen
[QUOTE=IP43;4566934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Thanks everyone. I don't tell people now how much weight I've lost. I'm uncomfortable saying over 100 but it nice to share on here.

QUOTE]

Ok, I was curious enough to look too and WOW! Now I'm inspired!! You started 2 months before me.... if I'd kept up my mojo while I had it, I'd be as sexy as you by now!

That's enough to reinspire me even more! Thanks for sharing your pics!
Thanks.

I didn't mind telling my losses at first but now I feel like they think, wow she was big!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
HEY!!!! Nice to see your posts ....it means they're jealous!
Ishbel - I have been lurking on several threads. Nice job bringing your VIP into the cult....errrr......WOE. I reread Liz's pumpkin pie recipe every few days...I bet it is heavenly.....

hahahaha - it was a comment from one of my brothers I saw on Christmas - hadn't seen him since Easter. He said it to my mom after we left her house.......though maybe he is a bit jealous.

I am struggling to decide what my final goal should be. I first posted it at 175 and when I got there I decided to drop it by 5#.

For lower health insurance premiums (we carry our own policy), I should be have a BMI under 25 - that would be somewhere between 154 - 159. But how do I account for the extra skin I have? Anyone think I can get away with telling the insurance company that I might weigh 172, but if they would subtract 13# for the excess skin I am at the right BMI?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #198  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Ishbel - I have been lurking on several threads. Nice job bringing your VIP into the cult....errrr......WOE. I reread Liz's pumpkin pie recipe every few days...I bet it is heavenly.....

hahahaha - it was a comment from one of my brothers I saw on Christmas - hadn't seen him since Easter. He said it to my mom after we left her house.......though maybe he is a bit jealous.

I am struggling to decide what my final goal should be. I first posted it at 175 and when I got there I decided to drop it by 5#.

For lower health insurance premiums (we carry our own policy), I should be have a BMI under 25 - that would be somewhere between 154 - 159. But how do I account for the extra skin I have? Anyone think I can get away with telling the insurance company that I might weigh 172, but if they would subtract 13# for the excess skin I am at the right BMI?
Is it possble that you can corroborate your weight loss with doctor's records of your weight before you started dieting? It might be as simple as getting a note from your MD that states you were X weight last year, you are Y weight this year, and he estimates Z pounds of excess skin from the weight loss.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #199  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I am soooo behind on all the posts!!!!! Feeling semi-human again, I had thought about working out the past few days (my last run was Christmas Eve), but put it off and am running with the group tomorrow. We also got sleet/snow/ice down here in TX on Christmas Day and the sidewalks finally cleared up today.

As wonderful as it was to having my family at the house visiting, it is nice to have 'my routine' back. The fridge is restocked with veggies and I have my cucumber-lemon ice cream cubes in the fridge chilling!

Confession time, the past few 'sick days' I wasn't on my best behavior. The scale has remained relatively stable (although still at the high end of my safe zone, dipped down for a short while, but back up again), as I didn't go 'hog wild', but my choices could definitely have been better. Did a perfect P1 day today and look forward to having my routine back!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Had my weigh in this morning, down 1 pound...I'll take it, especially over Christmas. Next week I should definitely be in onderland!!!
Way to go!!!! ONDERLAND here you come!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Day 4 of vacation. 100% OP due to planning. All of my 100%ers already know it can be done. Hopefully lurkers will see it too!

Going out to dinner tonite & already looked at the menu yesterday to plan. The people I'm with are respecting my plan (I have great friends!). Last nite they asked me my dinner needs. I think they've got it now. 8 oz meat & 2c veggies pretty simple. I grocery shopped for my veggie needs for lunches. Keeping it simple while I'm away from home.

Lotsa great WIs! Congrats to all. My WI day is usually Thurs but I'm off schedule due to holidays and vacation. I'll weigh here on Mon but scale isn't calibrated to my clinic so still a guesstimate. Next official WI w/b 1/7/13. I'm pretty sure I'll hit that halfway mark but wondering how close to onderland I'll be? That's still 50 lbs from goal but its a nice benchmark!

I know myself well. Like the song said: one thing leads to another. Thank you so much for being a place where cheats aren't discussed! They just aren't an option for me and this thread always feels like my "safe place".
You are totally amazing how you are so committed!!! Amazing willpower and persistence. You know the secret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Thank you so much
. I agree, you look fab Dah-ling, absolutely fab!!M

Quote:
I got some weird feedback today.....

What does it mean when someone says "I hope her face doesn't get too skinny?"
Ptod's back n da house!!!!! Hi!!!

Quote:
I'm just the opposite of you. I tell everyone I've lost 105 lbs. I'm so proud. Before I would lose 30 or so pounds and get to about 200 and then give up and quit and then gain even more (like were I started on IP). I'm not giving up this time. I hope for about 20 more pounds gone before I phase off.

BTW, you look great.

Molly
Me too!!! Sing it from the mountaintops sister!!

Quote:
HEY!!!! Nice to see your posts ....it means they're jealous!

Cadu: proud of you!

Mompattie: your enthusiasm is jumping off the screen!!! Whoop whoop!!

(Posting off a iPhone sucks)
Ish!!! Thanks!!! Reboot going well!!! Yeah, posting from iPhone bites. iPad worse. You have NO CLUE how much a backtrack and retype thanks to autocomplete!!! Argh!!!

[QUOTE=IP43;4566934]
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I don't tell people now how much weight I've lost. I'm uncomfortable saying over 100 but it nice to share on here.

QUOTE]

Your loss is amazing. Simply amazing. Be proud girl!!

Ok, I was curious enough to look too and WOW! Now I'm inspired!! You started 2 months before me.... if I'd kept up my mojo while I had it, I'd be as sexy as you by now!

That's enough to reinspire me even more! Thanks for sharing your pics!
You to this!! WE got this!!! Keep thinking: goal shopping trip with ME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I am soooo behind on all the posts!!!!! Feeling semi-human again, I had thought about working out the past few days (my last run was Christmas Eve), but put it off and am running with the group tomorrow. We also got sleet/snow/ice down here in TX on Christmas Day and the sidewalks finally cleared up today.

As wonderful as it was to having my family at the house visiting, it is nice to have 'my routine' back. The fridge is restocked with veggies and I have my cucumber-lemon ice cream cubes in the fridge chilling!

Confession time, the past few 'sick days' I wasn't on my best behavior. The scale has remained relatively stable (although still at the high end of my safe zone, dipped down for a short while, but back up again), as I didn't go 'hog wild', but my choices could definitely have been better. Did a perfect P1 day today and look forward to having my routine back!
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today!! And amen to routine!!! I'm ready for its well!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

ptod Well! As a Canadian I can't comment on better rates on insurance...sorry. What I do know...is that someone with a reasonable goal for their personal weight history and biological makeup will have an easier time in maintenance. I chose my goal weight because my mom had a hard time at 160 and well, I was 305 (313 at my highest)...so I hang out between 160-165. I'm an 8-10 I have some 6's in my closet. I'm so happy to not have the the two 28 size tops (I found two of them that I didn't know I had) and 24 pants (numerous of those).

I'm SO glad that you've been lurking...I watched for you! You're posts always make me laugh! Yeah, VIP is doing well...I'm quite proud of him and happy to have someone who will eat how I eat (WOE? Who's posts have you been reading! <snicker>)

beck Congrats on the century club!!! Congrats on GOAL! Welcome to almost maintenance! Girl, you're before and after are AWESOME, I have mine in a frame above the scale so I see it everyday. Also, I remember reading one of your posts about not telling anyone how much you lost. I am also timid to tell people unless they are relatively close in friendship, to tell exactly how much I lost. However, I don't always think that they look at me and think "wow she weighed that much" (sometimes I do). I do know they estimate my weight 20 lbs lighter then I am which always makes me laugh inside. I am more comfortable in my skin nowdays...more so then I was 8 months ago that's for sure. You'll get more comfortable too and eventually the new you is the new normal and the questions tend to fade away. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #202  

Height: magmeepEVE

[QUOTE=Beck81;4566967]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post

Thanks.

I didn't mind telling my losses at first but now I feel like they think, wow she was big!
I find if the person has known me for a while, and is a good friend, I don't mind discussing it. I don't like it though when a friend told someone else I had lost a lot of weight and said it was like 70 pounds or something. That's my business, and not virtual strangers. That being said, the person came back later and we got to talking and she was really impressed and wanted me to know that, and we had a nice chat.

I'm feeling now more like my usual self, instead of the obese person I had become (which was a miserable time for me physically and mentally). For most of my adult life I was size 12-14, so not bad for someone my height (5' 7 1/2"), but I was always fighting weight/eating issues, since I was a kid.

I guess I want people to see me the way I am now, and not the person I was when I was obese (withdrawn, depressed, etc.).

That being said, I am very proud of my weight loss and my transformation. I am amazed by it, and I truly hope, pray, whatever, that I can be this person going forward. I never want to have those eating issues again.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #203  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Looks like a lot has been going on around here. WOrking the 2 jobs is taken me away from my online time. My internet at work is too slow for me to even attempt to get on here to read or post. It would take me two hours to read one page, its crazy. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I see there are a few rebooters around which is awesome!! welcome back!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #204  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Beck81 - don't know if I said it yet - but CONGRATULATIONS on getting in The Century Club...you look amazing!

Did a great, but chilly (25F) run this morning with the group - I was down 2lb this morning, so sitting at 146, but still on the wrong side of my safe zone, and with TOM lurking around the corner I am hoping to get a little lower before next week!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #205  

Hi favorite thread peeps!

I'm trying to soak up every moment in FL before retuning to St Louis for the rest of the winter. We're staying with friends this year and I definitely miss easy beach access but we're headed there later & the place we're going for Happy Hour has an open air raw bar. Sounds like dinner protein to me! The rest of today's packets will work in there somehow. Inexpensive fresh seafood isn't available in St Louis so I'm "gettin me some"!

It's just so great being able to sit outside after being in the house. The tropical flavor packets are tasting great down here.

I have my Orange (or is it tangerine?) Mio and Dasani pineapple coconut in my purse. Great substitutions when not drinking.

Have a great 100% day! See you later or on MFP
Old 12-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #206  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Cadu, the crappy feeling will go away soon, you can do it!
Thanks Beck! BTW, you are gorgeous

Quote:

Molly
Molly! I have missed you. You are really kicking butt, I am in awe

Quote:
Cadu - hang in there!
Ptod you look great as well, Thanks for the encouraging words my friend

Quote:
Cadu: proud of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Lizz, glad you are feeling better.. sure did miss you too. and your pic.. OMG you couldnt be any cuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Looks like a lot has been going on around here. WOrking the 2 jobs is taken me away from my online time. My internet at work is too slow for me to even attempt to get on here to read or post. It would take me two hours to read one page, its crazy. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I see there are a few rebooters around which is awesome!! welcome back!
Wuv thanks for the words of wisdom in the PM, it helped me get back on track

Hello Everybody.. I am feeling much better today, Whew.. a little irritable and headachey but much better. I really cant believe all of your pics. You ladies have done an amazing job and you all look fabulous. I am jealous but happy for you all. you worked so hard to get where you are and you all deserve it. Have a great day..
Old 12-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #207  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

sending you all some
SNOW LOVE FROM VERMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Rainbow,
I'm a "lurker" from way back but have recently been joining in. You are the CUTEST!!! The clues your husband gave you before your trip were awesome too!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #209  
Feed Your Freedom

beck....you are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love your smile and wow, you are such an inspiration!!!! you have done an outstanding job on getting to your goal!!! what a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays and a new year with an amazing NEW YOU!!! well done!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #210  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Rainbow,
I'm a "lurker" from way back but have recently been joining in. You are the CUTEST!!! The clues your husband gave you before your trip were awesome too!
aww thank you!!! it was so much fun trying to guess!!! i am so glad i finally guessed so i knew what to pack!!! vermont is so gorgeous and i loved the snow!!!!
Closed Thread