Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #211  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

cadu....it sure does my heart glad to see your smiling face back in the family fold its a new year coming and a new commitment too!! so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #212  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Holidays have not only been survived, they have gotten a righteous butt whupping. Just did my weigh in, I am down 3.4 pounds and 3/4 of an inch!!! HELLOOOO 160's!!!

That means:
-one pound until I get another reward bracelet
-eight pounds to goal
-three pounds from the weight I last maintained for several years before having kids!
total awe!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!! so proud!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #213  

Height: magmeepEVE

Rainbow!!!!!!!!! Love your snow sign, and your new avatar! You look fantastic. Way to go. And I adore Vermont too. My VT sticker on my car needs replaced.

Welcome back!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #214  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Rainbow!!!!!!!!! Love your snow sign, and your new avatar! You look fantastic. Way to go. And I adore Vermont too. My VT sticker on my car needs replaced.

Welcome back!
thanks starshine!!! you should have told me about the bumper sticker...i would have happily mailed you one

isn't vermont a lovely state! i loved all the lakes and parks....sure wish i could have seen a moose!!!! haha
Old 12-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #215  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
cadu....it sure does my heart glad to see your smiling face back in the family fold its a new year coming and a new commitment too!! so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!
You are the cutest!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #216  

Quote:
thanks starshine!!! you should have told me about the bumper sticker...i would have happily mailed you one

isn't vermont a lovely state! i loved all the lakes and parks....sure wish i could have seen a moose!!!! haha
Ah, thanks for the offer of the VT sticker. People out this way (West) have no idea what it means.

I love Vermont. When I lived in the DC area, I used to go up there once or twice a year. All those lakes and the nature. I loved the Northeast Kingdom the best. Such a beautiful place. I don't miss the mosquitoes though. Not a problem this time of year, but the summers....

Sorry about the moose! The closest I've ever gotten to a moose was actually really close up (running right beside me!!!!!). I was in the Rocky Mountains up in Colorado. If you want to see wild animals, I'd urge you to check out Jasper National Park up in Alberta, Canada. It's big, and has tons of lakes, and huge mountains, and greenery and more wild animals then I've ever seen. It is the prettiest place I've ever been. I'd love to go back someday. My heart just sang when I was there.

Again, welcome back, and feel better!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
I got some weird feedback today.....

What does it mean when someone says "I hope her face doesn't get too skinny?"
They are just not used to seeing you thin. I have gotten that too, and I only lost 30 lbs.

Don't worry. You are adorable!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Susan you look fantastic. and just as wonderful
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #219  

Rainbow got her snow & I got my beach, complete with dolphins!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ooooh, dophins! How wonderful, Lisa! Can't wait for new photos. You are beautiful, like Rainbow.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Is it possible that you can corroborate your weight loss with doctor's records of your weight before you started dieting? It might be as simple as getting a note from your MD that states you were X weight last year, you are Y weight this year, and he estimates Z pounds of excess skin from the weight loss.
Interesting that you should me mention corroborating medical records before and after. We actually had to pick up our own insurance just this past August so the insurance company requested medical records at that time. The records showed from quite heavy (gulp) to about 220 at the end of June at my annual physical - I was 210 when we actually applied for coverage. When we come up for renewal this year, my records will show me at least 50# lighter. Gosh darn it they will! Yeah me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
They are just not used to seeing you thin. I have gotten that too, and I only lost 30 lbs.

Don't worry. You are adorable!
When someone says I am adorable I will TAKE IT! Thank you!
My avatar pic has to be close to 6 months old - guess it is time for a new one.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
ptod ...What I do know...is that someone with a reasonable goal for their personal weight history and biological makeup will have an easier time in maintenance....so I hang out between 160-165. I'm an 8-10 I have some 6's in my closet. I'm so happy to not have the the two 28 size tops (I found two of them that I didn't know I had) and 24 pants (numerous of those).
The one thing I refuse to do is be a slave to an 'ideal' weight that someone else (insurance company/ideal weight calculator/etc) has decided I should be. I want to EAT FOOD and maintain at a reasonable weight. If I am a little over the 'ideal' weight so be it.

This week my coach asked me again how low am I going to go. I was honest with her - I told her I didn't know. I know where my primary care person suggested per the 'official charts' - under 160 would be the 'right' BMI. But my doc also said to stop when I felt good. I told my coach (who is also a doctor & has done IP herself) that I have quite a bit of extra skin to account for somehow. However, I told my coach that even with the skin issue that I thought I would wear a smaller pant size at this weight (mildly frustrating). I seem to be the opposite of many who have said they are smaller at a given weight than the last time they weighed a particular weight. I finally said to my coach I think 165 is where I should start to phase off. I know I haven't changed my ticker to reflect that yet. I want to make sure I didn't pick the number just to move the conversation along and/or to make sure I am not settling.

With all that being said so everyone knows I am really a sane person.....
I still want to be you when I grow up. You are a ROCKSTAR!!!! This is your shape ; this is me hahahahaha I need both your 10s & your 6s to go out in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I'm SO glad that you've been lurking...I watched for you! You're posts always make me laugh! Yeah, VIP is doing well...I'm quite proud of him and happy to have someone who will eat how I eat (WOE? Who's posts have you been reading! <snicker>)
Once a stalker, always a stalker. It is much easier to be with someone who 'gets it'. My DH was skeptical at first, but now eats mostly the same as I do, even in most restaurants. He did eat some of everything and more at Christmas dinner and was surprised at what happened when he stepped on the scale.

WOE
Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #223  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Ah, thanks for the offer of the VT sticker. People out this way (West) have no idea what it means.

I love Vermont. When I lived in the DC area, I used to go up there once or twice a year. All those lakes and the nature. I loved the Northeast Kingdom the best. Such a beautiful place. I don't miss the mosquitoes though. Not a problem this time of year, but the summers....

Sorry about the moose! The closest I've ever gotten to a moose was actually really close up (running right beside me!!!!!). I was in the Rocky Mountains up in Colorado. If you want to see wild animals, I'd urge you to check out Jasper National Park up in Alberta, Canada. It's big, and has tons of lakes, and huge mountains, and greenery and more wild animals then I've ever seen. It is the prettiest place I've ever been. I'd love to go back someday. My heart just sang when I was there.

Again, welcome back, and feel better!
the northeast kingdom is where we were!! we were right on willoughby lake not far from the canadian border. we drove miles and miles looking for moose!! we saw a "stump" at dusk one night, and got all excited at first, then realized it was a stump!!! and then we say one painted on the wooden side of a building....garage or barn perhaps???

so we dubbed the moose we saw....STUMPY and WOODY!!!

then we drove to the haskell library in derby line, the one that straddles the US and CANADA borders!! so i was able to get a photo of me standing in BOTH!!! it was there we saw a MOOSE HEAD!! stuffed and hanging on the wall! oh well, next time!

we have been to colorado and estes park and the rocky mountain national park and saw lots of deer, elk, rams, but no moose there!! haha we did see some critter called a long tailed red marmot i think it was. hairy little critter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Susan you look fantastic. and just as wonderful
cindy....my little cheerleader!!!! oh how i have missed you!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
oooo i am so pleased you were able to see some dolphins!!!! i love to see them swimming and playing!! have fun on your last few days!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #224  

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow! Come to beautiful Yellowstone! Elk, Moose, BEAR, mountain sheep, eagles... You would LOVE it!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #225  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Rainbow! Come to beautiful Yellowstone! Elk, Moose, BEAR, mountain sheep, eagles... You would LOVE it!
sounds like a plan!! i have never been to yellowstone. i have seen elk, bears, mountain sheep and eagles!!! just not a moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread