Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #226  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
the northeast kingdom is where we were!! we were right on willoughby lake not far from the canadian border. we drove miles and miles looking for moose!! we saw a "stump" at dusk one night, and got all excited at first, then realized it was a stump!!! and then we say one painted on the wooden side of a building....garage or barn perhaps???

so we dubbed the moose we saw....STUMPY and WOODY!!!

then we drove to the haskell library in derby line, the one that straddles the US and CANADA borders!! so i was able to get a photo of me standing in BOTH!!! it was there we saw a MOOSE HEAD!! stuffed and hanging on the wall! oh well, next time!

we have been to colorado and estes park and the rocky mountain national park and saw lots of deer, elk, rams, but no moose there!! haha we did see some critter called a long tailed red marmot i think it was. hairy little critter!!
Stumpy and Woody! And Willoughby Lake. OMG. I loved that place! The Northeast Kingdom is magical.

I was in a national forest in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. They let you have dogs there, so that's where I end up going instead of the actual National Parks. We were doing some camping/hiking and that's when my dog and I came upon a moose with your young child moose (I'm sure there is a particular word for that ). The moose got tired of me pointing at it and saying "moose" to my dog (she was young and so I wanted her to see big animals like that). The moose decided to charge us. I was scared to death. I just had my dog beside me and in a stay, and just waited, as there wasn't anything to do. She passed within like two feet of us. She was just trying to scare us away from her young one, so I took the hint and left.

I was so glad that it ended peacefully and with me and my dog still alive. And it's a cool story and a great memory.

And you just have to show us those photos of you!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #227  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Rainbow! Come to beautiful Yellowstone! Elk, Moose, BEAR, mountain sheep, eagles... You would LOVE it!
Oh, oh, oh and buffalo too! And Old Faithful too. Gorgeous place!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #228  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Oh, oh, oh and buffalo too! And Old Faithful too. Gorgeous place!
HOW could I forget BUFFALO??!!! They come right up to your car!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #229  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

Wuv thanks for the words of wisdom in the PM, it helped me get back on track
Anytime, You know how to find me when and if you need me welcome back
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #230  

My in-laws are back in California and I am now ready to get back into a routine, especially with my meals! I am nervous about day 2 and day 3 of phase 1 but will concentrate on remembering how good I feel after those days pass!

Still getting caught up on the threads. How are you doing MomPattie and Cadu? Day 3 today? Delgen, so nice to see you on the threads!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #231  

DOING great!!! We had company today, it was awesome!! Tucked in for a movie with the kids tonight!!! Catch up tomorrow! :-)
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #232  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I'm falling behind on posts today. Great to hear from so many old and new people. Last night was a challenging evening out with my DB and SIL, Indian food but not like I usually see. I ordered a vegetable kebab baked in the tandoor oven and it was finely chopped vegetables (mostly carrots) covered in a crispy batter. The okra was good but also mixed with tons of cooked onion. I took that over the kebab though.

Lunch today with my other DB and SIL was easier with a nice smoked salmon frittata and salad. Tonight I'm going to a dessert night with friends I haven't seen since before I started IP. I have two different snacks in my purse to choose from. I woke up sick with a cold this morning but I'm trying to ignore it for another couple of days and then I can relax.

For those comments about not sharing your weight loss number, I understand it this week. I have felt proud and ready to share up until one person this week where I just rounded up the loss to 100lbs knowing that I've probably hit that but just haven't done an official WI. Saying that number out loud shocked me and felt weird, I'll keep to quoting 97.5 for now.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #233  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Rainbow! Come to beautiful Yellowstone! Elk, Moose, BEAR, mountain sheep, eagles... You would LOVE it!
My experience in your neck of the woods...

I used to travel at a moment's notice to wherever my boss needed me. She called me one day and asked if I could travel to join her the next day to work on a proposal. I said, "sure, no problem." She said, "and don't worry, we have a tent and a sleeping bag for you. But don't pack any deodorant because it will attract the bears."

Turns out she was camping with her son's Boy Scout troop in the Tetons! Why didn't I ask *before* I said yes??? However, I had a wonderful time and it is truly breathtaking country.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
My experience in your neck of the woods...

I used to travel at a moment's notice to wherever my boss needed me. She called me one day and asked if I could travel to join her the next day to work on a proposal. I said, "sure, no problem." She said, "and don't worry, we have a tent and a sleeping bag for you. But don't pack any deodorant because it will attract the bears."

Turns out she was camping with her son's Boy Scout troop in the Tetons! Why didn't I ask *before* I said yes??? However, I had a wonderful time and it is truly breathtaking country.
That's great! Oh the Tetons are so beautiful!!! My son went to the Tetons with his 4th grade class for a week last February and he STILL talks about it. Days of snowshoeing, cross country skiing and eating. Saw moose, elk, and eagles. I may get to go with 4th graders this February. I better get into better shape by then!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #235  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, I can't imagine going in the winter. I went in August and nearly froze my tush. The sleeping bag was nice and warm, but unzip the thing and it was 20 degrees in my pup tent! I'm in awe of you hardy folk!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #236  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

We went camping in Yellowstone during 4th of July one year and it was freezing overnight. If we go again, I'm planning on staying in one of the hotels at the park.

I would love to downhill ski in the Tetons some day. Cross counrty skiing and snow shoeing seem like too much work.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Back from our winter vacation to the mountains. My DH and DS skied three different mountains this year. They had a blast with my SIL's family on my DH side. I caught up on some movies with the SIL from my side. I had intended to get some reading in also but those plans didn't work out.

Glad to see so many new people and so many returning. 2013 will be great for all of us!

mompattie I see you made it back before I did. Glad to see you here!

I have spent a day trying to catch up on all the achievements of everyone over the holidays but wow! way more posts than I thought there would be...Good job everyone for your dedication and to all those struggling for your perseverance! I am sure January will be much easier.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #238  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, CNN is doing a story with before and after pics so I submitted mine...here is a link to it
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-903363
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #239  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Very cool Wuv!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, CNN is doing a story with before and after pics so I submitted mine...here is a link to it
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-903363
How exciting, Wuv!!!! You are such an inspiration.
Closed Thread