Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Okay, any thoughts of quitting early are out the window (I didn't have them now but you never know what a few more months could bring).
I want to feel great, greater, greatest! Any foods that make me feel otherwise are out. I just can't take it anymore (the feeling bad like I did before IP)

Thanks Mompattie and others for sharing your experience.
I couldn't agree more. Thanks, mompattie, for taking one for the team! I think that you've saved a few of us from giving into some Christmas carb temptations! You've just confirmed that it's just not worth it. Thanks for your very generous gift to those who may have been contemplating a little detour over the holidays. My raspberry jelly is going to taste even better this morning since I know that I'm going to be 100% OP no matter what.

Thanks again, Mompattie, for sharing.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #92  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Enjoying a day off from work and taking time to read this thread. So glad to everyone staying OP for Christmas. I keep telling myself that I can have a rolled out cookie next year. Just started the novi-cleanse. Hoping it alleviates some of the stomach aches I get. My coach also said that getting rid of the toxins will allow my body to work on getting rid of fat instead of the toxins. Finishing some Christmas baking today and last minute preparations.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I would like to join this group!!! I offically hit 80 pounds down today (40 left to go but I know I can achieve it) and this group has been amazing. Wuv, LizRR, WingNut, etc. you are all awesome!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Good morning girls!

Well I feel like absolute crap. I am restarting TODAY. I woke up this morning with this revelation and suddenly felt it was right and it was time. I'm not waiting until the 27th as previously planned. I am cutting my break SHORT. I feel done with the break, have had some holiday goodies and I feel like crap! I am ready to feel energy again!!!!!! I love IP and I love how it makes me feel!! And these carbs make me feel sluggish, sore, tired, blech. So today I am going hard! Plus the scale says 266. Shoot. Not the direction I want it to go!!!!! So now I've reloaded my glycogen tank, I've gotta purge it yet and get back into ketosis!!

This feels right. Break officially over.
Pattie, were all here for you and you will feel better in no time at all, you got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Mompattie - so glad you'ved decided on your own to get back on the plan earlier than anticipated. You got this! It's amazing how quickly some foods can make us not feel so good, and troubling to think we let ourselves feel that way for so long. No more!

Rainbow, have a wonderful trip! We are right in the middle of a blizzard (10-14" forecast today), so we are guaranteed a white Christmas.

Liz - Great job on the half-marathon, you're an inspiration! It's great to know that P1 is always there when we need it. Such a simple program - LOVE!

The scale continues to move in the right direction. According to my scale at home, I'm just about half-way to goal.

I saw my Mom and Dad for the first time last night since I've lost all this weight, and they were just so surprised, amazed and happy for my success. "What a transformation!" It was exciting :-)

Happy Holidays to all my IP friends. May you have wonderful time with family and friends, and get ready to rock 2013!
Star girl you have really done great! Good job and happy holidays to you and everyone as well!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #95  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I had sent MomPattie a note saying "don't do it" , then read the postings here so see my message came too late. I mentioned to her that I "took a break" in October, and it has been a 2 month battle to get back on track. I wasn't too worried about it, but now 20 pounds heavier (OMG-That fast!!!) I don't think I'm waiting till the New Year either. However, I don't have all the supplies and we're travelling, so I'm doing some healthier eating till the New Year, and have plans to see my coach the week I return to get back in the groove and earn the right to post here officially I also feel like crap these days. Bring me some water and veggies! I've missed them!
Have a great holiday all. I'll probably be able to "catch up" when I'm chill-axin' in Florida. Can't wait for some sunshine!

Getting up to get in the car for 4:00 a.m. so better get back to packing.

Last edited by IP43; 12-21-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I had sent MomPattie a note saying "don't do it" , then read the postings here so see my message came too late. I mentioned to her that I "took a break" in October, and it has been a 2 month battle to get back on track. I wasn't too worried about it, but now 20 pounds heavier (OMG-That fast!!!) I don't think I'm waiting till the New Year either. However, I don't have all the supplies and we're travelling, so I'm doing some healthier eating till the New Year, and have plans to see my coach the week I return to get back in the groove and earn the right to post here officially I also feel like crap these days. Bring me some water and veggies! I've missed them!
Have a great holiday all. I'll probably be able to "catch up" when I'm chill-axin' in Florida. Can't wait for some sunshine!

Getting up to get in the car for 4:00 a.m. so better get back to packing.
P

Will catch up when you come back, sunshine sounds so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I would like to join this group!!! I offically hit 80 pounds down today (40 left to go but I know I can achieve it) and this group has been amazing. Wuv, LizRR, WingNut, etc. you are all awesome!!!
Congrats on losing 80, thats fabulous.

Mompattie- truly happy to see you are back on ip. It gets tempting. All the mind games I play in my own head, so not funny.

Its a journey filled with joy, fear, exhilliration, doubt, determination, fear of p4. But together we will get through
Old 12-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #97  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey 100%ers! Hope all is well, I have been lurking more lately - mostly because my laptop sucks and I only have my phone to reliably work with at home. But I have a feeling 'Santa' is going to remedy that situation in a few days. My son is in the shower w/hubby, he is doing much better today - still a cough, but not as congested - poor little guy was MISERABLE yesterday. Highlight though was constant cuddling on the couch with him napping on my chest.

I am at the high end of my 'safe zone', I adopted Mailie's +/-3lb rule of maintenance and have been saying I was going to Phase 1 to nip it in the bud, but the past 2 days of being home and unstructured schedule have led to unplanned snacks, etc - no fun days, but definitely would feel more comfortable getting to the lower end. I 'lost track' of things without that set menu and routine, one of the reasons I love the 'What Are You Eating Today' thread...makes you plan it out! Paired with my fatsecret.com tracking of what I actually eat it is a great way to get insight.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #98  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Just checking in for the day. I had a bit of a snap at my mom this afternoon who ate one of my BBQ ridges as I was putting them in a bowl for my snack. I know it was only one but I was really hungry and she was already eating an apple so no need for her to eat my food too! I won't use this as an excuse to eat a second snack though. For dinner tonight I'm making chicken, turnip fries and roasted fennel. So far, it has been easy staying OP with the limited events. For Monday night I'm going to a get together with lots of really bad/good appies and desserts. I'm taking the stuffed mushroom cap recipe that I posted in the recipe threads a few days ago.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #99  

Okay, I'm sore from laying around too much nursing this nasty cold.
Today I got up and made zucchini maple oatmeal muffins for "brunch" (11 am breakfast!)

Dinner with friends tonite at a fabulous steak house. They chose this place BECAUSE of my diet. Gotta love friends who ROCK!

Tomorrow is Christmas with the in-laws.
Nuff said? LOL.
In their defense, they are really trying. DH told me they are ordering-in food and getting meatballs, pasta, & salad. Everyone is bringing desserts. They've asked to have some meatballs w/o sauce specifically for me. How sweet of them for trying! I'm getting ready to call to thank them and also let them know meatballs will have off-plan fillers. I'll bring my own, with sauce I can have. I'm also going to find out about appetizers and offer to bring my standard veggie tray. These people DO NOT eat healthy so I'll load it with ranch dip and carrots, in addition to the celery and cukes for me.

WLS Cocomint frozen pudding will cure any sweet desire I'll have during dessert. Just to be sure, I'll have something different at home tonite.

I may bring some coffee in a thermos, since they aren't coffee drinkers and last time I had coffee there it was...not really drinkable.

Tuesday we leave for FL. Long day in airports. Celery and cukes will be my friend and I'll get a salad at ATL on our layover . I was glad to read about other people not having luck with RTD in carry-on so I'll just bring my shaker and packets (bringing an extra just in case). All will be well.
We'll leave the house about 8:30 am and because of the layover and change in time zone, won't be in West Palm Beach until almost 6 pm....long day BUT the snow Scrooge will escape predicted snow in St Louis!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #100  
Diane on track July 2014

Well I made it to FLA and was pleased to see the "low carb" menu at the crock and block, and many restaurants with calories etc. posted. Very cool! Unlike my flying friends, I did 15 hours driving day one, and another 12 today (with 2 ADHD kids in a squished truck) .... and I wonder why I'm getting greyer! LOL... Thank goodness for "tech toys" to keep those boys busy. 27 hours of licence plate bingo or "the wheels on the bus go..." just wouldn't fly for my guys.
Looking forward to time to catch up on 3FC!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #101  
Diane on track July 2014

Oh I forgot. My MIL brought over a thing by the Epicure spice company that you can cook apple slices, veggies etc. in microwave. 4-6 min later you have a small batch of toasty chips! She apologized that each batch took so long and I laughed and said "usually this takes me 3 hours in my oven so I can wait 6 min!!
Of course she had some diff spices etc. but I didn't care about those. I want me one of those gadgets! It looks like a rubber rack but has holes and legs so there is air flow all around. For best results, let chips sit a few minutes to crisp up even more. Mmmmm.....
(Note: Even tho I loved it and wanted it and she said she never hardly uses it, she didn't leave it for me so I'll have to find out how to get one on my own. I'm not sure if Epicure is in the States tho')
Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Oh I forgot. My MIL brought over a thing by the Epicure spice company that you can cook apple slices, veggies etc. in microwave. 4-6 min later you have a small batch of toasty chips! She apologized that each batch took so long and I laughed and said "usually this takes me 3 hours in my oven so I can wait 6 min!!
Of course she had some diff spices etc. but I didn't care about those. I want me one of those gadgets! It looks like a rubber rack but has holes and legs so there is air flow all around. For best results, let chips sit a few minutes to crisp up even more. Mmmmm.....
(Note: Even tho I loved it and wanted it and she said she never hardly uses it, she didn't leave it for me so I'll have to find out how to get one on my own. I'm not sure if Epicure is in the States tho')
I'm pretty sure I saw one of those at Bed Bath and Beyond. And if not there, it is available thru Pampered Chef, if PC is in Canada.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #103  

Height: 5'4"

Hello all!!! Today is my birthday and my hubby bought me a DEHYDRATOR!!!!! I am so excited to make zucchini chips tomorrow!!!! I have been having a hard times lately with making food choices and I also feel that it has to do with lack of planning. When I was in phase 1 EVERY meal was planned out and with parties, shopping and having company, I am really struggling. My personal goal tomorrow is to PLAN PLAN PLAN!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #104  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw one of those at Bed Bath and Beyond. And if not there, it is available thru Pampered Chef, if PC is in Canada.
Thanks Lisa. We DO have Pampered Chef - which I love- but I'll look for the other store too. Much appreciated.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #105  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Hello all!!! Today is my birthday and my hubby bought me a DEHYDRATOR!!!!! I am so excited to make zucchini chips tomorrow!!!! I have been having a hard times lately with making food choices and I also feel that it has to do with lack of planning. When I was in phase 1 EVERY meal was planned out and with parties, shopping and having company, I am really struggling. My personal goal tomorrow is to PLAN PLAN PLAN!
Happy Birthday Holly! Enjoy that dehydrator
Closed Thread