Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #361  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Hi, Evepet, good to hear from you even with a Hi.

I'm down to just a few pounds left, but I've got 10 people in my house over Christmas week and 2 more dropping in and out during that time, so all that is totally occupying my worry energy so that I don't have any energy left to worry about phasing off. Originally I wanted to phase off before all the visitors, but now I'm thinking that it is easier to stick with something I know!

Usually we are the ones to travel to visit others, so having everyone here is going to be an adventure for sure! My plan is to stay OP just because it is simpler that way! If things get too crazy, I may stow-away in Rainbow's trunk when she tries to sneak thru DC in the dead of night.
GF....I GOT YOUR BACK!! all you have to do is call...and i'll swing by and pick you up!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #362  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! So sorry to have been MIA the past week..sicker than a dog all week with that flu/cold/chest thing that's going around. Today I finally feel somewhat normal but I just want to go back to bed.

Missed all the excitement with the "Going to Vermont" game. Nigel sounds like a riot, and what a wonderful way to spend Christmas. Wasn't White Christmas at an inn in Vermont? Susan have a wonderful time. Friends in Maine were waiting for a huge snowstorm on Saturday so maybe that fluffy stuff will be waiting for you.

Congrats to everyone on your losses and NSV's. I tried to stay on track as much as possible being sick, actually didn't feel like eating at all. Was drinking Diet 7UP and ginger ale most of the week and no veggies at all so we shall see what happens on WI Friday.

I have no line tri-focals, reading, computer, distance and they are frameless so all you actually see are the lenses. Light as a feather too. Took me about 2 weeks to get used to them, adjusting my eyes instead of bobbing my head up and down was what took so getting used to.

Have a great day everyone, it's supposed to be in the 40's today. Snow on Thursday, but we shall see. I just want the white stuff on the ground for Christmas and then it can disappear till next year!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #363  
Feed Your Freedom

alikay!!!! omgoodness!! you are so right!!! and that is what i was saying all along...i hope its a WHITE CHRISTMAS!! well done!!!

sorry you are not feeling well....that is surely hard to handle during the holidays!! hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #364  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:

I'm down to just a few pounds left, but I've got 10 people in my house over Christmas week and 2 more dropping in and out during that time, so all that is totally occupying my worry energy so that I don't have any energy left to worry about phasing off. Originally I wanted to phase off before all the visitors, but now I'm thinking that it is easier to stick with something I know!

Usually we are the ones to travel to visit others, so having everyone here is going to be an adventure for sure! My plan is to stay OP just because it is simpler that way! If things get too crazy, I may stow-away in Rainbow's trunk when she tries to sneak thru DC in the dead of night.
Sounds like you're going to have a very busy Christmas season. But it's the family activities, kiddies, etc., that make everything so much fun. And of course you've got that adorable little grandbaby to cuddle and spoil. I hear you re staying P1 and waiting to phase off... I'm actually happy that my P3 lasts right through Christmas week until around Dec 27th or so. I've got the P3 breakfast thing down now, but I'm just as happy not to have to wrap my head around implementing the Maintenance lunches and dinners until then. Less temptation too. I'll still be on the 'straight and narrow' right through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning everyone! So sorry to have been MIA the past week..sicker than a dog all week with that flu/cold/chest thing that's going around. Today I finally feel somewhat normal but I just want to go back to bed.

Missed all the excitement with the "Going to Vermont" game. Nigel sounds like a riot, and what a wonderful way to spend Christmas. Wasn't White Christmas at an inn in Vermont? Susan have a wonderful time. Friends in Maine were waiting for a huge snowstorm on Saturday so maybe that fluffy stuff will be waiting for you.

Congrats to everyone on your losses and NSV's. I tried to stay on track as much as possible being sick, actually didn't feel like eating at all. Was drinking Diet 7UP and ginger ale most of the week and no veggies at all so we shall see what happens on WI Friday.

I have no line tri-focals, reading, computer, distance and they are frameless so all you actually see are the lenses. Light as a feather too. Took me about 2 weeks to get used to them, adjusting my eyes instead of bobbing my head up and down was what took so getting used to.

Have a great day everyone, it's supposed to be in the 40's today. Snow on Thursday, but we shall see. I just want the white stuff on the ground for Christmas and then it can disappear till next year!
I commiserate with you AliKay, as I'm just recovering myself. Hope you're soon feeling much better. Like you, I'd be happy to see snow on the ground for about a week through the Christmas-New Year's period... but then it can disappear until this time next year. LOL.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #365  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
In the summer I like to walk in the National Park near me. the one with the hundreds of bison.

I really have to keep a watch that I don't suddenly come up to a bison because they don't like to be startled. But I have some very close to moose several times. Once I happened to glance from the path and a very young moose was standing stock still behind a tree just a few feet away. It seem to think if it didn't move a muscle it was invisible. That made me sad because they must be very easy to hunt. Lucky for the ones in the part they are safe.

Another time I passed s young couple who were arguing so I went around the loop in the opposite direction. I met them later and they was standing totally still and they whispered "Look!" It was an enormous moose, so big it was just stepping over trees and bushes. Such a magestic sight we were awestruck. The moose didn't pay any attention to us at all any was just a couple of hundred feet away from us.
Probably all wild animals are nasty if they are cornered but there has never been an incident of anyone being attacked by an animal in the park which has miles of walking paths.

Sorry for the highjack but your discussion made me wish it was summer again. On second thought I always wish it was summer again!

Pat
I am envious of your proximity to the National Park! When I owned a campground a little north of where I live now, we were on the edge of State land where there are wild elk. I loved seeing them and hearing them during mating season. But you're right - wild animals are unpredictable and can be very dangerous. I actually carried a handgun with me most of the time when I was out by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
HALFAGAIN - I know what you mean about people noticing. Some noticed a while back but last weekend I was able to fit in the misses dept for the first time in a long time. I bought some new clothes there and now everyone is noticing!!! Im still getting used to the way I look too!
Isn't that just the most exciting, yet overwhelming feeling (able to fit into clothes from the misses dept)?! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi everyone, happy Sunday! Just wanted to say hey! Went out to eat today and stayed OP, yesterday I wanted to eat something, anything, everything but when all was said and done I only had a couple of bad licks but ended up the day having 5 un restricteds, better than messing tottaly up I guess. Anyway I feel a little more in control today, kinda scared me like I was going to loose control, but than I come to 3fc and read, and you guys always help me out thank you!
Has to be the time of year (winter/holidays) as so many of us are struggling to stay 100% OP...but WE CAN DO THIS! Hang in there Teena, you've got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone. Just checking in to see what everyone's been up to.

I'm still fighting the bug I caught, although I'm slowly getting better. Still have major chest congestion and cough, so it unfortunately hasn't just up and left. It leaves me feeling tired and draggy - although thank goodness I'm now able to slept relatively well again. Not totally 'clogged up' (hate that feeling).

I got started on P3 breakfasts yesterday, so this has been my second day. I wasn't feeling up to going grocery shopping before Friday, so I just stayed with P1 until I was feeling strong enough to get the shopping done and pick up the P3 breakfast type things that I needed.

No news really, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been missing everyone.
Glad you're feeling a bit better. The 'crud' seems to be everywhere! (My boss has pneumonia now ) Aren't the P3 breakfasts great?! But think I'd have been lost without LizRR's breakfast thread! You take care...

Quote:

Wow, a house full! Lots of fun, but lots of work too. Be sure to take some time for yourself to decompress whenever you can find a few minutes. There will be some wonderful memories made next week

Quote:

I tried to stay on track as much as possible being sick, actually didn't feel like eating at all. Was drinking Diet 7UP and ginger ale most of the week and no veggies at all so we shall see what happens on WI Friday.
Good morning to you AliKay - am glad you are also feeling better. It is so hard to eat properly (or at all!) when you're really sick. You'll be back OP as soon as you can be.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #366  

GREENIRIS - it is very exciting fitting into misses sizes again! I cried in the dressing room then wandered around looking at everything in a daze. When I told my DH he brought me back and had me pick out a bunch of clothes for Christmas
Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #367  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

I'm sitting in National airport in dc eating an awesome salad and catching up on you all! Wow! So good to hear about you!

I've been fine, but super busy getting final grades in and having Christmas performances. Now I'm finally on the way to Syracuse (on a layover now) to be with my daughter, 4-yr-old Luca and to meet the new baby Elijah!! I'm so excited!

I've entered the New Realm, a weight that I have not been at since I was in my teens or 20s. That's just a little while ago, huh..... It really is a brand new me and I'm so happy about it.

Have great holidays! I'm gonna see some SNOW!!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #368  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I've entered the New Realm, a weight that I have not been at since I was in my teens or 20s. That's just a little while ago, huh..... It really is a brand new me and I'm so happy about it.
So many congrats on your New Realm! I'm chasing that dream (weight) too! Just a few (and a few more) months behind you!
And for the holidays...I'm gonna see some Palm Trees!
We will each enjoy what we wish for Christmas

Quote:
I actually hurt my neck and had to go for PT when I got my no-lines so Half Again, be careful to move your eyes and not your head when you get those bifocals! Crazy as it sounds, it happened! Took a couple weeks to get used to the glasses and about a month of PT to get over the silly neck strain.
See? I really do belong on this thread, even tho my birthday isn't til March
Old 12-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #369  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So many congrats on your New Realm! I'm chasing that dream (weight) too! Just a few (and a few more) months behind you!
And for the holidays...I'm gonna see some Palm Trees!
We will each enjoy what we wish for Christmas

I actually hurt my neck and had to go for PT when I got my no-lines so Half Again, be careful to move your eyes and not your head when you get those bifocals! Crazy as it sounds, it happened! Took a couple weeks to get used to the glasses and about a month of PT to get over the silly neck strain.
See? I really do belong on this thread, even tho my birthday isn't til March
my bday is in march too!! the 29th when is yours???
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #370  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm sitting in National airport in dc eating an awesome salad and catching up on you all! Wow! So good to hear about you!

I've been fine, but super busy getting final grades in and having Christmas performances. Now I'm finally on the way to Syracuse (on a layover now) to be with my daughter, 4-yr-old Luca and to meet the new baby Elijah!! I'm so excited!

oooooo have fun in the snow and with your family and especially meeting new elijah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how very very exciting!!!!
for your new realm too....its a wonderful year for you indeed!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #371  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
GREENIRIS - it is very exciting fitting into misses sizes again! I cried in the dressing room then wandered around looking at everything in a daze. When I told my DH he brought me back and had me pick out a bunch of clothes for Christmas
awww maezy....how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tears of joy!!!!
so happy for you and wow...so proud too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #372  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
my bday is in march too!! the 29th when is yours???
Can I join the March birthday club? Mine is the 15th.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #373  

Quote:
11th here
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #374  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
11th here
I'm Feb 26th rather than March - but couldn't resist commenting on the fact that I share the Piscean sign with you gals.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #375  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Evepet, you have deciphered my username!
Closed Thread