Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #481  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas to all of you FABULOUS ladies!

Our big family event was yesterday. I think I have a food hangover. Cheat days on maintenance may be overrated!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #482  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Just popping in to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Dana,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for wishing all of us on our holiday season since you're ihas passed.

Hope you can join us full time again soon.

Take care. We love you.

Molly
Old 12-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #483  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Halfagain,

I am a fairly "new " knitter, just the last couple of years. I love that sweater, I have been making fingerless gloves in several patterns for nieces and my daughter. Keep knitting, it keeps your hands busy in the evening when I used to snack. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I was going to learn to knit while I recovered from this surgery then I remembered what happened the last time I was operated on and did a counted cross stitch. My sister was getting married and I was doing this WELCOME sign for her new home. Each letter had its own building. I was almost done with it and put it away for a few weeks. I was so excited to show my sister and I pulled it out to show her and it was an awful mess and said WELC that's all I could fit on it!!! the stitches were everywhere! So I'm not gonna try to learn something new this time. I may end up with a 5 legged sweater!
Ahhh adventures in fiber arts! I love it. I can't knit lace in public - I mess it up too much when I try and knit and talk. The sweater is coming along and once I get the arm holes in, it's easily a public knitting project. It's top down, and I'm just about down to where I start the arm holes. It would have been much further along if I didn't get a Kindle Paperwhite (book reader), and a new book. LOL I was up till 4 AM finishing the book I bought yesterday.

I've been staying OP, and plan to stay that way. DH and DS have left some carby treats that are in bite size or break off bits laying on the counter on plates. It's probably a good thing I was engrossed in reading rather than roaming the kitchen yesterday. I'll have to lay out some veggie trays.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or both! I can feel the positive vibes and heart felt support here - from the posters, and the lurkers, and I'm sending out the Holiday wishes to all of you.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #484  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Delurking to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and thank everyone for all of your postings that helped me to decide "to IP".
Old 12-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi Dana,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for wishing all of us on our holiday season since you're ihas passed.

Hope you can join us full time again soon.

Take care. We love you.

Molly
Molly & Dana,
Hello & happy holidays to you both & everyone else!

I am coming back to IP tomorrow.

Wishing everyone all things wonderful,
Chloe
Old 12-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #486  

halfagain - we should get together and teach a knitting class!!!!!
Webrover - thanks for jumping in! hope you had a great Christmas Day! Arent you glad that you did the IP thANG!!!
I bought some clothes for Christmas they were so tight when I tried them on and bought them about 3 weeks ago. When I tried them today they fit perfectly!!!! exciting!!!
Had the weirdest thing happen today....my MIL didn't feel like "doing Christmas" today so we are having dinner on Saturday...I have never heard of such a strange thing...my son, husband and I had a blast together !!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #487  

Quote:
Sure will miss you, gf. You two have a super time, but please, please be careful. Snow can be beautiful, but can create some dangerous conditions. Sure hope you find a minute or two to join us on 3FCs.

You two northern Michganders, be careful. I was looking at the webcams on the Gladwin website. That way I can sort of keep track of what's happening at the cottage even though it's half way between there and Houghton Lake.

jampooh, congratulations on the super duper loss. You're doing wonderful.

I have been lurking lately. This is not my favorite time of year and DH is really suffering at this time emotionally. I'm trying to be there for him.

Off to make some Santa cookies for the Corvair club Christmas party. I'm glad the cookies don't tempt me as this takes a long time to make.

I am down to only 2 working days left before I NEVER go back into work again. I'm not sure what I'll do those two days as I have finished all my work and transferred all the knowledge I can. Might be some really boring, long days.

All in the path of the winter storm be safe.

Molly
Molly,
I am so behind, just catching up. Your weight loss has been great and you look gorgeous!

You are hours away from retirement (if not already done) by this time. How wonderful and exciting to be moving into a new phase of life, with a new and healthier body, with your DH by your side.

Best wishes that all wonderful comes your way.
Chloe

Old 12-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #488  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Molly,
I am so behind, just catching up. Your weight loss has been great and you look gorgeous!

You are hours away from retirement (if not already done) by this time. How wonderful and exciting to be moving into a new phase of life, with a new and healthier body, with your DH by your side.

Best wishes that all wonderful comes your way.
Chloe

Hi Chloe,

Glad to see you back. You're starting tomorrow like Cadu.

Thanks for the compliment. I still have 20+ pounds and some pesky muffin top fat hanging around.

I'm now getting scared about retirement. It's hard when you've worked for 45 years. I'm also making the gamble and going without health insurance. I can't see paying $1100+ a months in premiums when I barely have $1100 a year in medical expenses. I'm banking on having made my body so much healthier by losing all this weight.

Just remember, we're all here for you. Like Cadu, you were there so very much for others, especially me. Let me know if you need anything.

Love, Molly
Old 12-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Ahhh adventures in fiber arts! I love it. I can't knit lace in public - I mess it up too much when I try and knit and talk. The sweater is coming along and once I get the arm holes in, it's easily a public knitting project. It's top down, and I'm just about down to where I start the arm holes. It would have been much further along if I didn't get a Kindle Paperwhite (book reader), and a new book. LOL I was up till 4 AM finishing the book I bought yesterday.

I've been staying OP, and plan to stay that way. DH and DS have left some carby treats that are in bite size or break off bits laying on the counter on plates. It's probably a good thing I was engrossed in reading rather than roaming the kitchen yesterday. I'll have to lay out some veggie trays.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or both! I can feel the positive vibes and heart felt support here - from the posters, and the lurkers, and I'm sending out the Holiday wishes to all of you.
Hi, I thought I had posted this yesterday but don't see it anyplace. Can you get that pattern free of that site or do you have to order it/ I like to knit but make a mess of trying to put the pieces together. I really like patterns that are from top down like that one.

Ah another kindle addict! I have to limit how many books I order in a month or I get a shock when my VISA statement gets here.

Last edited by patns; 12-25-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Good evening friends, hope everyone had a great Xmas! Well last night and this afternoon have been my hardest, think week before Tom is upon me as well, I had a few to many tastes and licks, but was still in ketosis as of this am, but will be surprised if my WI on thur is gunna show a loss idk, will be drinking water tommrow like crazy, anyway overall I'm happy it's over, the dinners that is, looking forward to New Year's Eve party with my Mil and Fin, they will be celebrating there 52nd wedding anniversary. Goodnight Teena
Old 12-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #491  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Hi Chloe,

Thanks for the compliment. I still have 20+ pounds and some pesky muffin top fat hanging around.

I'm now getting scared about retirement. It's hard when you've worked for 45 years. I'm also making the gamble and going without health insurance. I can't see paying $1100+ a months in premiums when I barely have $1100 a year in medical expenses. I'm banking on having made my body so much healthier by losing all this weight.

Just remember, we're all here for you. Like Cadu, you were there so very much for others, especially me. Let me know if you need anything.

Love, Molly

Molly, do you plan on selling your place in the south once you retire? You will likely be so busy you will wonder how you had time to work. I'm wondering what is the best flavor to buy.

Was it you who mentioned syntrax protein powder?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #492  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Molly, do you plan on selling your place in the south once you retire? You will likely be so busy you will wonder how you had time to work. I'm wondering what is the best flavor to buy.

Was it you who mentioned syntrax protein powder?
Hi Pat,

We are working towards selling this place only cuz we can't afford two places on what we'll have for retirement each month. DH would much prefer being a snow bird and keeping this and coming in the winter even though it's even cold to him here. Strange as he was born in Washington state and lived in Labrador for a few years as a child. We own the lot next to the house and may keep it just in case and then possibly build a small cabin there.

My fear with retirement is the "pay cut," not that I won't have anything to do. I know I will be busier than busy. Financially, I've gotten used to what I've been making all these years and now we'll have about half. I'm afraid, like staying away from carbs, I'll struggle with not being able to buy things when I want like I do now.

Yes, I am one of the people who've mentioned the Syntrax powder. Being a chocoholic, I love the Chocolate Truffle, the Double Stuffed Cookie is pretty good, too. It doesn't make as thick shakes as the pudding mixes do. I combine it with the pudding mixes to get a thicker tastier shake. It's great because it has no carbs.

Up late still dealing with cat claw holes in the waterbed mattress we missed patching last night. Not fun to wake up in a wet bed. DH is watching a late night John Wayne movie so I got back online.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and got lots of wonderful things.

Molly
Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #493  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Merry x mass all you fab 50 chicks, you are all so wonderful and I want to thank all of you for sharing our new way of life journey, it's so nice to all be doing this together!
Quote:
H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S 50+ers

Have a great holiday season.

I am, also, like yesmyqueen, so thankful for all of you. This is the best family. Since we can't be together physically, we can be together in spirit.

Love,
Molly
I agree with Teena & Molly - couldn't have made it this far into my journey without all of you! 3FC is my first venture into anything like this online (other than FB) and am so glad I registered and participate! Thank you all for the support and friendship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELY LADIES

FROM VERMONT!!!!

IT HAD JUST STARTED SNOWING IN THIS PHOTO!!!

Susan - what are the goggles for??? Glad to see the snow found you and hope you found some moose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Just popping in to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Dana! Good to hear from you Hope you and your family are well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Merry Christmas to all of you FABULOUS ladies!

Our big family event was yesterday. I think I have a food hangover. Cheat days on maintenance may be overrated!
To you too Lizzy! Ugh - food hangover is right! Waaaaayyyyy too much food today...Think I'll need about a month of P1 again after today and this coming Friday! My stomach feels all stretched and uncomfortably full blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Delurking to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and thank everyone for all of your postings that helped me to decide "to IP".
Welcome to our forum, and Merry Christmas to you too. Glad we could help, and you know we are here to continue to support you through your journey and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Molly & Dana,
Hello & happy holidays to you both & everyone else!

I am coming back to IP tomorrow.

Wishing everyone all things wonderful,
Chloe
Chloe - you are one of the ones I learned so much from in the beginning of my journey. Welcome back, and I wish you new and ongoing success for a healthy future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I bought some clothes for Christmas they were so tight when I tried them on and bought them about 3 weeks ago. When I tried them today they fit perfectly!!!! exciting!!!
Had the weirdest thing happen today....my MIL didn't feel like "doing Christmas" today so we are having dinner on Saturday...I have never heard of such a strange thing...my son, husband and I had a blast together !!!!
Congratulations on your Christmas outfit fitting! RE: your MIL not feeling like "doing Christmas"...my mom has been the same way lately. She is the one that insists on having the entire bunch of us together on Christmas Day, but the last couple of years she really hasn't been into it. I think it's an age thing...or maybe a financial pinch for them, even though we keep telling them to stop buying gifts for everyone. Glad you, DH & DS had a great time!

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas Day and that Santa was good to you!

These 'free' days in maintenance are going to take some figuring out...maybe I should not have had one on Christmas Day, with all that tempting food in front of me! Way overdid it, and am sooo uncomfortable now... fell asleep in my chair around 9, woke up just before midnight, and now can't get back to sleep May be a combination of food hangover and guilt??? Whatever, I know that on the next big dinner this Friday, I am going to be much more conscientious about what goes on my plate. And need to do at least a week of P1 beginning Jan. 2. (Off to the Maintener's thread next to "confess my sins" - lol!)

Last edited by greeniris; 12-26-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #494  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I splurged just a little on Chrismas Day. It was at my house so I was able to plan the food. Made a Beef Loin Roast with slices of garlic cloves put into slits in the meat and covered with a light paste of garlic, salt and olive oil. Served with plain green beans & asparagus. I also served baked potatoes with butter but passed on those. I had a small relish tray with olives & Bread & Butter pickles. I had about 5 small olives and two pickles.

Then friends had sent Stollen from Germany and I indulged in a small slice. Later I had some red wine.

Today I'm at the same weight as yesterday morning and feel fine.

Back on track today.

Last edited by WebRover; 12-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #495  

Quote:
Hi Chloe,

Love, Molly
Molly,
Would you email me your latest cookbooks? That would be so very helpful.

I'm excited to watch my weight loss since I know the first month brings the biggest changes and of course, the first week or two. I've regained approximately 16 pounds in approximately 16 weeks, so still down 25 pounds or so.

A great thing about IP that has been clear (the past 4 months) is that my pancreas is working and my metabolism has been reset. If I was on any other diet protocol and was just losing weight w/o resetting my insulin production, I would most likely have gained back more, faster. By the way, I'm post menopausal, 56 years old, so at an age when weight loss is supposed to be difficult. On IP, it came off so well.

Cadu,
I'm thrilled you are back too!! I've been wondering how you were doing since I last heard from you. Will be looking forward to hearing from you!

All,
I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I was very, very active on these boards last winter through summer. The support here was amazing and I'm convinced, the key to my success. This summer I was actually wearing size 4 Talbot's fitted (pencil style) skirts. This diet/protocol just reshapes your body in amazing ways.

Tomorrow I will figure out how to update my ticker - will probably add a second one under the first to just compare differences in weight loss.

Thanks in advance to all of you for your support as I restart this journey.

Have a wonderful day!

Chloe

Last edited by Chloe222; 12-26-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Closed Thread