Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Those moments are so hard to describe; and harder for those that have not walked in our shoes to understand. So happy for you!
Yes greeniris, you are who I thought of as well today when I was in that dressing room, your a great inspiration! Thank you
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #392  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
RAINBOW - BIG snow storm headed for the northeast!!!!!!!
ooooo happy day!!!!!!! oh happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my happy snow dance!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #393  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Good news for us'uns in this age group. I had a fitness assessment done at the gym at work. The trainer said new research indicates that people over 50 should eat 1.5 times their lean body weight in grams of protein every day. This is up from less than 1 gram as was the previous recommendation.

Lets see... I'm 100 LBM so that would be 150 grams of protein. MFP has 6 oz of roast beef as 45 grams of protein. So that would mean over 3 servings of 6 oz of roast beef every day! Of course, in maintenance, some would be from yogurt and other various sources.

Then again that much roast beef would also be nearly 1000 calories just from the protein. Better stick with the less fatty sources of protein for sure!

Last edited by Fishette; 12-18-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #394  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning! It is a very pleasant morning - the calm before the storm I guess. Snow prediction is now up to 14" in our area, with lots of blowing and drifting. Potential 'snow day' from work on Friday. I see opportunities to dust my snowshoes off to enjoy a 'hike' in the snow! (Snowshoeing is a real cardio workout!)

I'm stealing a few minutes from work to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Fishette - interesting information; thanks for sharing!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #395  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
happy birthday dana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

And lastly - is it Dana's birthday? If so - "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" TO DANA!
Thank you SO much!!!

Sorry I've been missing MIA girlfriends. We had a great trip to spend time with family in CA, and it was a very fun Hanukkah celebration. It was also very special because we all got to spend some quality time with my younger SIL who is very ill, and unfortunately I think our next Hanukkah may look very different. Anyway, I have not forgotten all of you, but am feeling the need to take a break from just about everything this month and concentrate on my family and extended family this season. I will be back to check in, and in the meantime I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Love you all.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #396  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
ooooo happy day!!!!!!! oh happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my happy snow dance!!!!
Just give them time to clear the roads, gf. Stay safe!
And here is my dance: Just rain here
It can snow Christmas Day after I leave for FL (as if I have control of the weather )

Stay safe all! That looks like a BIG storm!

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thank you SO much!!!

Sorry I've been missing MIA girlfriends. We had a great trip to spend time with family in CA, and it was a very fun Hanukkah celebration. It was also very special because we all got to spend some quality time with my younger SIL who is very ill, and unfortunately I think our next Hanukkah may look very different. Anyway, I have not forgotten all of you, but am feeling the need to take a break from just about everything this month and concentrate on my family and extended family this season. I will be back to check in, and in the meantime I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Love you all.
Happy Birthday!!!

So glad you had a wonderful time with your family and your SIL. Family always comes 1st. We'll see you next year!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Now don't get me wrong, I love my PCP. As a matter of fact, I cannot wait to see her for my physical in February.

But, if you remember, she told me because I was perimenopausal, over 50 blah,blah,blah..........she didn't think I would be able to lose the weight and we discussed GB.

Well, I am 28lb lighter and 11inches smaller since I started IP, 8wks ago!!

I spoke to my nutritionist as she said, as long as I am happy and this is working, no GB for me at this time!!

I have always hated being told "NO" and what happens when you tell me I can't have or do something???

My goal is 30 before New Year's (Not going off plan) and 40 by the time I see her.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 207.4 / 163.2 / 163

Height: 5'9"

Default Holiday Preparation ...

I got a smallish makeup bag to carry my food bars and drink mixes on the plane when we go to Virginia between Christmas and New Year's. I have just started to use an unauthorized (read: no coach) version of IP so I am unsure how it works, but I just eat a Quest Protein bar for breakfast and a J. Robb whey protein drink for lunch, then have a smallish dinner that is low in carbohydrates.

Oh, and I eat a ChocoPerfection bar with almonds for my snack.

It may not be exactly like IP but it is lower in carbohydrate and fat than how I was eating, and it seems to be working.

Last edited by Enjah; 12-19-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: forgot ticker
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #400  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjah View Post
I got a smallish makeup bag to carry my food bars and drink mixes on the plane when we go to Virginia between Christmas and New Year's. I have just started to use an unauthorized (read: no coach) version of IP so I am unsure how it works, but I just eat a Quest Protein bar for breakfast and a J. Robb whey protein drink for lunch, then have a smallish dinner that is low in carbohydrates.

Oh, and I eat a ChocoPerfection bar with almonds for my snack.

It may not be exactly like IP but it is lower in carbohydrate and fat than how I was eating, and it seems to be working.

WAY TO GO on being prepared!! the GREAT thing...the most AMAZING thing about THIS THREAD...is that WE CAN ALL FIND OUR OWN WAY!!! IP, Alternatives, Modified, whatever.....THERE IS TOTAL SUPPORT HERE!! We are all in this together and thats the most important thing to remember!!

i LOVE JAY ROBB!! i have used it from the start 35 weeks and 111 pounds ago!! and i occasionally have a chocoperfection SQUARE!!! not a bar!! haha but its hard!! but one square which is 1/5 a bar is just enough to squelch any candy craving. i bought the variety pack and still have 2 bars left!! i have had them about 3 months now!! it is my special once a week treat!! but it is hard eating 1 square so i would not advise it if you don't have that control. i am not a huge SWEET eater but do like a wee bit of chocolate from time to time.

i have started focusing more and more on as many whole foods as i can, like dana mentioned the paleo way.

WELCOME to this group Enjay!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #401  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon Ladies! We are bracing for the storm in the Windy City. Snowblower was all checked out by my brother so it's good to go. Saw a few flurries earlier but now nothing. I live close enough to the lake to get the lake effect so we shall see what this brings. Most times we brace for that "mega" storm to only get an inch or so. Never fails! I am hoping it doesn't get bad as the child is coming home from school early, early Saturday morning and the ride to the airport won't be a fun one.

Be safe in your travels, keep warm from the cold and for those in warm weather..want to change places?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Default Being Told No Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Now don't get me wrong, I love my PCP. As a matter of fact, I cannot wait to see her for my physical in February.

But, if you remember, she told me because I was perimenopausal, over 50 blah,blah,blah..........she didn't think I would be able to lose the weight and we discussed GB.

Well, I am 28lb lighter and 11inches smaller since I started IP, 8wks ago!!

I spoke to my nutritionist as she said, as long as I am happy and this is working, no GB for me at this time!!

I have always hated being told "NO" and what happens when you tell me I can't have or do something???

My goal is 30 before New Year's (Not going off plan) and 40 by the time I see her.
They say it is harder to lose weight the older one gets, but I have never had anyone say that it can't be done. Although I have struggled this month with my exercise routine I have found that the more exercise I do and the less I eat the more weight I can lose.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #403  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Wow today has been a chocolate craving day... my restricted bars are calling to me very loudly. Well I found a solution - or a work around. Wonder Slim chocolate cake batter. yep just the batter. It tastes much more strongly of chocolate than the cooked cake does. Well normally I do pour some WF chocolate sauce over it too when cooked, but today - it was just the batter and me. I'm not a pudding person. I had a shake already.. my bar is safe until later today. I was afraid to eat it early and then feel left out tonight - going to my knitting group tonight, I need my treat then while they eat goodies from the food court.

Anyway that's a lot to do about me and food and cravings. *sigh* it's one of those days.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 207.4 / 163.2 / 163

Thanks so much rainbowsmiles! I am thrilled to take part in this uplifting forum.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #405  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjah View Post
Thanks so much rainbowsmiles! I am thrilled to take part in this uplifting forum.
Welcome Enjah from me too!
Closed Thread