Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7 - Page 30 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #436  
started IP 7/17/2012
 
Lizzy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 705

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

It's slick here in central Illinois. Only a little snow, but lots of wind last night created this thin layer of ice. Walking the dog was an adventure!

Almost ready for the holidays. My 3 grandsons, who are staying with us, have not figured out where the presents are hidden. The oldest - almost 11 - is getting a little skeptical about Santa. We'll have to make sure he doesn't spoil it for the little ones, who are 6 and 1.

Hoping I can make it through to the new year without a gain. I am enjoying maintenance, but I am still counting calories until I get comfortable with where I need to maintain. I'm thinking that I need to average about 1700 daily unless I step up my exercise.

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!
Lizzy63 is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #437  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Hi all,

Just finished my Santa cookies and have attached a picture. Sure glad they don't tempt me. Had DH do taste tests. I made about twice as many last year for the club party. We had brake problems part way there and turned around. I was eating cookies until I started IP, then I threw the rest out.

Great WI, yesmyqueen.

Everyone hang in there as temptations rise. I am not tempted by all that stuff any more. It looks to me as miserable as I know I'd feel.

Have a great evening.

Molly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg santy cookies.jpg (30.5 KB, 26 views)
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #438  
Senior Member
 
Yesmyqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 408

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Default

Halfagain those cookies are so cute! I'm sure you made a great impression on your club people. I'm not to tempted by the really bad stuff, I just find myself wanting to much of what we can have, but I plan on staying 100%, every time I think about messing up I seem to here wuv reminding us it's just noy worth losing 3/4 days of progress.
Yesmyqueen is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #439  
Junior Member
 
debinkenmoreny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1

Default

I am 52 years old. My dream was to have reached my goal weight by my 50th birthday. It never happened. Then after my 52nd birthday in September of 2011, I decided it was time to take action. Since then, I went from 230 lbs for 178 lbs. Once I reached 178, I became disillusioned with dieting and have been there since. I have been diagnosed with pre-osteoarthritis and my doctor says it could be reversed with proper diet and exercise. I discovered this forum and I am so happy to have found such a nice group of people who are so supportive and offer each other strong encouragement.

Even though it is Christmastime, I am getting back on track. I downloaded an application to my phone called Lose It and have found that to be very helpful. I have also started using an ayurvedic tea called Turmeric Tea, which, is supposed to help the pre-osteoarthritis and weight loss. I have also started going to the gym. I'll keep you everyone posted on my progress. It's nice to meet you and I am looking forward to being a part of the weight loss team.
debinkenmoreny is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #440  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Good morning, all

First below freezing morning here in west central Georgia. But, of course, yesterday was the first day of winter.

Off to the Corvair club Christmas party with my Santa cookies (DH made fudge). I am planning right now what to do for lunch at the party. I'm positive there will be no legal veggies. I'm about to map the location and Subway locations and have a salad ready. It's three hours from home, so I can't just run home right after and eat. Making oatmeal zucchini muffins for breakfast to get me going this morning.

Hope everyone has a great right before Christmas weekend.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #441  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,219

Default

debinkenmoreny: I, too, had dreams of being at goal by my 50th. It is coming up in March. I won't quite be there both b/c I didn't start IP in time and because I didn't realize how heavy I'd gotten (head in the sand!)
But...I am way healthier now than I was in August and there is nowhere to go but better between now and March. My eventual goal will be further out than that but I have every faith I'll get there. I have a bunch of PT exercises for all my aches and pains (neck, shoulders, hip mostly) that I keep talking about re-starting but then not really jumping into. There is still a couch potato side of me for sure

Molly: Your Santa cookies are adorable. No baking at my house this year but I certainly admire anyone who can face it (and all the subsequent baked goods in the house) on this plan. I just don't want to tempt it...(and I never made a cookie that adorable, either!)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #442  
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
For the past 5 years we have headed out to Cancun or the surrounding communities each February. There is something extra enjoyable when you are on the beach and know that back home they are shoveling their cars out of a snow bank from the street plows. My son was house sitting for us one year when there were 2 record-breaking snowfalls and he was stuck by himself shoveling. He sent us a text "I hate you both" along with pictures of everything covered in snow. I sent him a text back with a picture of my foot and the note: "you think you've got problems? I got a blister from my flip-flop!" Ah, the memories of Mexico!
OMG - I laughed right out loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debinkenmoreny View Post
I am 52 years old. My dream was to have reached my goal weight by my 50th birthday. It never happened. Then after my 52nd birthday in September of 2011, I decided it was time to take action. Since then, I went from 230 lbs for 178 lbs. Once I reached 178, I became disillusioned with dieting and have been there since. I have been diagnosed with pre-osteoarthritis and my doctor says it could be reversed with proper diet and exercise. I discovered this forum and I am so happy to have found such a nice group of people who are so supportive and offer each other strong encouragement.

Even though it is Christmastime, I am getting back on track. I downloaded an application to my phone called Lose It and have found that to be very helpful. I have also started using an ayurvedic tea called Turmeric Tea, which, is supposed to help the pre-osteoarthritis and weight loss. I have also started going to the gym. I'll keep you everyone posted on my progress. It's nice to meet you and I am looking forward to being a part of the weight loss team.
Welcome to you and to Neonurse too! This is one of the most supportive groups going, and we welcome you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
debinkenmoreny: I, too, had dreams of being at goal by my 50th. It is coming up in March. I won't quite be there both b/c I didn't start IP in time and because I didn't realize how heavy I'd gotten (head in the sand!)
But...I am way healthier now than I was in August and there is nowhere to go but better between now and March. My eventual goal will be further out than that but I have every faith I'll get there. I have a bunch of PT exercises for all my aches and pains (neck, shoulders, hip mostly) that I keep talking about re-starting but then not really jumping into. There is still a couch potato side of me for sure

Molly: Your Santa cookies are adorable. No baking at my house this year but I certainly admire anyone who can face it (and all the subsequent baked goods in the house) on this plan. I just don't want to tempt it...(and I never made a cookie that adorable, either!)
Lisa you are doing so well. I'd like to encourage you to begin those exercises; you'll probably be pleasantly surprised how much better you'll feel after doing them consistently for a few weeks.

Hello! The storm kicked our butts here in northern MI. We've been without power since Thursday evening, and yesterday we lost cell phone service as well. (No land line for us.) So the generator has been turned on periodically to keep the fridge going and turn the blower on the heater once in a while. I did make it to work yesterday (2 hours late), and no internet service here then either. Anyway, we're doing OK, and I'll check back in later!
greeniris is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #443  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Hello! The storm kicked our butts here in northern MI. We've been without power since Thursday evening, and yesterday we lost cell phone service as well. (No land line for us.) So the generator has been turned on periodically to keep the fridge going and turn the blower on the heater once in a while. I did make it to work yesterday (2 hours late), and no internet service here then either. Anyway, we're doing OK, and I'll check back in later!
Cindy,

Sorry to hear you got the brunt of the storm. Glad to hear you two are okay. I have been watching the Houghton Lake weather and Gladwin web cams. It appears to have stayed north of our place.

WI this morning. Lost 1.8. I didn't expect that as I was short on water this week and my meats were a bit more fatty than usual. I'll take it.

On our way to the Christmas party. Beautiful, but chilly day here.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #444  
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

Hi All!

It's a SNOWY DAY here in Syracuse!! I just took a walk to the entrance of the woods. Everything is blanketed in soft white powder! Beautiful!

I'm having a great time visiting my daughter, SIL, 4 yr old granddaughter and 2 week old Elijah!

Merry Christmas to all!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
March 24th here!

I love reading and catching up on everyone's coming, goings and successes! Joysh, we're the same height so I find your December picture quite inspiring! Another 30-ish pounds for me and I'll have your cute little shape ~ congrats on your success!

Have a great week everyone! WI for me in the morning.
Minch, no one has ever called my shape cute and little before! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Just want to share my P4 first few days experience...Saturday I had a 'free evening', which included 2 glasses of wine. I had planned 2 days of P1 to follow just cuz this was my first day of maintenance and I made it a partial free day. A!
Cindy, you are so close to goal! A real inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
party, I took a pair of 10's and 12's pants to try on and the 10's fit perfectly even a little loose In the legs but not the gut, but fit, I cried. And then the shirt he picked out fit and than the boots he picked zipped right up, and than everything was on sale and than we got an extra 20% off because its Tuesday I cried again! What a great feeling, couldn't believe it was me in the mirror, I'll take pictures when we go to the party. And this is why we DO THIS! Yea!
I completely understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
ooooo happy day!!!!!!! oh happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my happy snow dance!!!!
I'm doing this dance too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thank you SO much!!!

Sorry I've been missing MIA girlfriends. We had a great trip to spend time with family in CA, and it was a very fun Hanukkah celebration. It was also very special because we all got to spend some quality time with my younger SIL who is very ill, and unfortunately I think our next Hanukkah may look very different. Anyway, I have not forgotten all of you, but am feeling the need to take a break from just about everything this month and concentrate on my family and extended family this season. I will be back to check in, and in the meantime I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Love you all.
Enjoy your time with the family, Dana! Happy belated birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
.

I am down to only 2 working days left before I NEVER go back into work again. I'm not sure what I'll do those two days as I have finished all my work and transferred all the knowledge I can. Might be some really boring, long days.

All in the path of the winter storm be safe.

Molly
Wow, Molly, congrats on your retirement! Your Santa cookies are adorable!

Love to all!

And welcome, Enjah!!

Last edited by joysh; 12-22-2012 at 08:06 PM.
joysh is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #445  
Senior Member
 
Yesmyqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 408

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Cindy,

Sorry to hear you got the brunt of the storm. Glad to hear you two are okay. I have been watching the Houghton Lake weather and Gladwin web cams. It appears to have stayed north of our place.

WI this morning. Lost 1.8. I didn't expect that as I was short on water this week and my meats were a bit more fatty than usual. I'll take it.

On our way to the Christmas party. Beautiful, but chilly day here.

Molly
Yea on the 1.8 that's something I would take all day too, I love the knowing that everytime I weigh once a week that as long as I stay OP I will never have to see that number again one ounce at a time, we can do this!

Joyish, Glad your having a great visit seeing your new grandbaby and family.

Well I'm just waiting on DH to get ready for Xmas party, talk to you all later and let you know what I win for the door drawing, I always win a prize every party even though I've only been to one so far ha!
Yesmyqueen is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #446  
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Cindy,

Sorry to hear you got the brunt of the storm. Glad to hear you two are okay. I have been watching the Houghton Lake weather and Gladwin web cams. It appears to have stayed north of our place.

WI this morning. Lost 1.8. I didn't expect that as I was short on water this week and my meats were a bit more fatty than usual. I'll take it.

On our way to the Christmas party. Beautiful, but chilly day here.

Molly
Thanks Molly. You might check out the Mackinac Bridge webcam too. And the Snowman cam in Gaylord. I know those aren't your areas, but they can get interesting.

Congrats on the nearly 2 lbs gone forever! That's great


Still no power - 48 hours and counting. At least my phone is working most of the time now. Just made a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner (had burger already cooked and in the freezer). Need to go turn the generator off, but that will leave me in the dark again and oh so bored. VIP left this morning for IN to work for the weekend. Oh, and to top it all off, I slipped and fell at work this morning, sprained my knee. Grrrrr - when it rains, it pours. Or when it snows, it blizzards in this case!

Have a good night all...
greeniris is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #447  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,219

Default

I'm hanging around the house this weekend with this nasty cold. I don't want to share.
My chicken soup is gone (I weighed the meat...1 lb so it was 2 servings...Thurs & Fri dinners)
I'm still pushing the fluids & sometimes I'm hot & sometimes I'm cold.
Yuck

Cindy: No power AND you sprained you knee?
See why I'm a snow Scrooge? Snow & ice is just problematic!
Wishing you power and a quick recovery on the knee...

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-22-2012 at 09:26 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #448  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Thanks Molly. You might check out the Mackinac Bridge webcam too. And the Snowman cam in Gaylord. I know those aren't your areas, but they can get interesting.

Congrats on the nearly 2 lbs gone forever! That's great


Still no power - 48 hours and counting. At least my phone is working most of the time now. Just made a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner (had burger already cooked and in the freezer). Need to go turn the generator off, but that will leave me in the dark again and oh so bored. VIP left this morning for IN to work for the weekend. Oh, and to top it all off, I slipped and fell at work this morning, sprained my knee. Grrrrr - when it rains, it pours. Or when it snows, it blizzards in this case!

Have a good night all...
Sorry to hear you are still powerless. But good you have a generator. I bought one some years ago. Never had to use it and now it won't stay running after it starts. Frustrating. They are not cheap items.

Thanks for the tip on the the two cams. I like looking up there and seeing the weather.

Like I figured the Christmas party had only pork bbq meat that was compliant. I had a bit of that and then on the way home, found a Subway.

I have attached a picture of my Corvair emblem Christmas tree. I picked a white tree as it made it easier to see the emblems. People liked it better than my Santa cookies.

Now time for a late supper.

Molly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corvair tree.jpg (21.5 KB, 16 views)
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #449  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,425

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

Just finished my Santa cookies and have attached a picture. Sure glad they don't tempt me. Had DH do taste tests. I made about twice as many last year for the club party. We had brake problems part way there and turned around. I was eating cookies until I started IP, then I threw the rest out.

Great WI, yesmyqueen.

Everyone hang in there as temptations rise. I am not tempted by all that stuff any more. It looks to me as miserable as I know I'd feel.

Have a great evening.

Molly
love these!!! nigel said he wants one!!! he said the are awesome and look like zz top santas!!! rock on molly!!!!!!

ps.....you little white tree is just as precious as you are!!! i love it!!! love u too!!! MISS U!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-22-2012 at 10:16 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #450  
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Still no power - 48 hours and counting. At least my phone is working most of the time now. Just made a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner (had burger already cooked and in the freezer). Need to go turn the generator off, but that will leave me in the dark again and oh so bored. VIP left this morning for IN to work for the weekend. Oh, and to top it all off, I slipped and fell at work this morning, sprained my knee. Grrrrr - when it rains, it pours. Or when it snows, it blizzards in this case!
..
So sorry that you have no power and a sprained knee, Greeniris. Hope it all gets better tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm hanging around the house this weekend with this nasty cold. .
Lisa, feel better soon!
joysh is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 6 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 492 11-29-2012 09:37 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 5 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 497 11-09-2012 01:06 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 4 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 480 10-25-2012 10:20 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 3 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 488 09-28-2012 07:47 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 DanafromAustin Ideal Protein Diet 535 09-10-2012 10:51 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.