Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #346  

WOW! congrats half again on your weight loss.
RAINBOW - have fun in VT!!! so excited for you and know that you will LOVE your trip!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #347  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning (I think). Have been up since 5 - couldn't sleep. I'm sitting in the dark living room with just the Christmas tree lights on enjoying the quiet. Today will be busy with baking sugar cookies for VIP, wrapping gifts, cleaning house, and maybe a walk in the woods with a friend later. And a nap in there somewhere I hope! Oh, we might go to town later too, to try out a gym (free visit), and do a bit more shopping. Think all I have to do now is finish up my 2 granddaughters and my older son's girlfriend.

Yesterday was my first day of maintenance and I had a P3 b'fast (LizRR's Pumpkin Pie), only a bar for lunch as I was out shopping all day and knew that supper/snacks later would be my 'free' (partial) day. Feeling slightly bloated now and tummy is a bit upset. Today & probably tomorrow are P1, then on to maintenance!

Went to Traverse City to shop yesterday (about an hour away), and finished up VIPs list and got a few other things too. Then I found this great bargain and just couldn't resist...dinner plates with a wintry pinecone design on them that were originally priced at $5 something @ marked down 60%! So I got 6 of them and a S/P set to match. They didn't have any bowls left and only 3 mugs so didn't get any other pieces. But I have used the same plain white plates for over 25 years and really wanted a change. Merry Christmas to me! LOL.
The drive home was nasty - snow & rain mixed created very slick slush on the roads, which for you southerners is almost as bad as ice to drive on. My front-wheel drive vehicle didn't handle the conditions very well, and I nearly went in the ditch 4 times! (The only roads between TC & home are 2 lanes with lots of hills & curves.) But made it home safely and on time to go to 2 holiday parties last night.

Rainbow - Your trip sounds fabulous! I've never been out east, but Vermont is one of the states I'd really like to visit sometime.
Halfagain - I LOVE pedi's, but only get 2 or 3 a year, in the warmer months. Glad you enjoyed your first one!

Well, think I'll get started on my busy day while VIP is still sleeping. Will try to get back on here later today, but really need to get back in MFP. It has been a while...

Have a great day!
slipping on the roads...sounds like fun!! JK....so glad you never ended up in a ditch!! i'm such a crazy adventurist!! glad you found some nice pinecone dishes!! isn't it amazing how something so small can bring such joy for special occasions!! i love my little red plate i use all the time! i only have 1, and a tiny matching bowl, i got for valentines day several years ago, but the little set quickly became my favorite!! it came from world market and i love their things!!

don't u just love sitting in the dark with the christmas tree lights on!! makes me conjure up all kinds of sugar plum dreams!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just wondering where Dana is. Here holidays are earlier than Christmas i hope she is just enjoying that and checks in soon.

Pat
ditto what greeniris said...she is having fun with family!! BUT I MISS HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I got the line in mine - but I also got the second pair if I feel too weird in them in public. We'll see :-) I forgot to mention - the doctor also recommended I take fish oil because my eyes have been very dry. She said it should really help, and recommended 2 of the Mega Red Extra strength daily. http://www.costco.com/Schiff%c2%ae-M....11738131.html I took it today - no fishy taste or burps thus far. Anyway, more supplements. I just added them to the handful I'm already taking. LOL and here I thought loosing weight would cut back on the pills I take. It truely has cut back on persciption meds, but has added more supplements for sure.
more supplements....i so dislike all the ones i already take!! i have never been one to take pills unless absolutely necessary. uggg!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Halfagain- I get a pedi on my annual winter vacation to Cancun. I get that as soon as I arrive so I can go around in sandals the rest if the week. Then I don't get another pedi the rest of the year. I know it sounds awful, but I leave the paint on the toes so that when there is only a little left on the big toe I know it's about time to go back to Cancun.

Rainbow- In Sept we drove through the southern portion of Vermont on the way to the White Mountains in NH. What beautiful country! You'll love it whether or not you have snow. You will need to wave at Sonya, DizzyJean, and me on your way, as no doubt you'll be coming up through northern Virginia at some point. Safe travels.

BTW, I heard moose can be real mean, so try to resist climbing up on one for a pony ride.
thats funny about the painted toenails!!

i will certainly wave as i pass by!!!!!!!!!!!!! got my suitcase out now and starting to pack!!! i leave thursday evening!! we are going to drive through dc in the dark before stopping to avoid any friday rush hour!! plan to stop somewhere outside the northern loop. then a quick nap at a hotel....and then setting off again early friday am for the final leg. i can't wait!!

yes so i have now learn!! i told nigel i can't wait to see a moose up close!! he said we probably wont even see one!! kill joy!! so i have been googleing where to see moose and i saw a few videos and they are MEAN LITTLE BUGGERS!!! i don't think i'll do as i planned, to jump out and get close for a photo op!! BWAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaa i think i'll keep my distance IF i get lucky enough to see one...

but in my heart i would be jumping up on that hump for a ride for sure!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #348  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
RAINBOW - have fun in VT!!! so excited for you and know that you will LOVE your trip!
thank you maezy!!! i am getting so excited!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I wear no-line bi-focals. Nobody has to know but me!
Me too, actually even I forgot I had bifocals till you mentioned that. I have gradulated lens.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
yes so i have now learn!! i told nigel i can't wait to see a moose up close!! he said we probably wont even see one!! kill joy!! so i have been googleing where to see moose and i saw a few videos and they are MEAN LITTLE BUGGERS!!! i don't think i'll do as i planned, to jump out and get close for a photo op!! BWAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaa i think i'll keep my distance IF i get lucky enough to see one...

but in my heart i would be jumping up on that hump for a ride for sure!!!!
In the summer I like to walk in the National Park near me. the one with the hundreds of bison.

I really have to keep a watch that I don't suddenly come up to a bison because they don't like to be startled. But I have some very close to moose several times. Once I happened to glance from the path and a very young moose was standing stock still behind a tree just a few feet away. It seem to think if it didn't move a muscle it was invisible. That made me sad because they must be very easy to hunt. Lucky for the ones in the part they are safe.

Another time I passed s young couple who were arguing so I went around the loop in the opposite direction. I met them later and they was standing totally still and they whispered "Look!" It was an enormous moose, so big it was just stepping over trees and bushes. Such a magestic sight we were awestruck. The moose didn't pay any attention to us at all any was just a couple of hundred feet away from us.
Probably all wild animals are nasty if they are cornered but there has never been an incident of anyone being attacked by an animal in the park which has miles of walking paths.

Sorry for the highjack but your discussion made me wish it was summer again. On second thought I always wish it was summer again!

Pat
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #351  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Thank you! The speed of decent (lol loss per week) has slowed down to about 1/2 of what it was, but it's still going very well. It's sort of funny, being so heavy it took a lot more pounds to change a clothing size, or for people to notice the loss. Now the loss is slower but I can tell with the fit of my clothing much sooner. It's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hi Barb so glad you got you are getting your new glasses. i could probably use bi-focals but nigel dislikes his so much i decided to put it off again. i don't have any health insurance b'c nigels job doesn't cover spouses and we can't afford to get private right now...but i do have eye coverage....and it pays for eye exams. i just had mine checked and no change again in 7 years so that is great. i am wearing the same glasses i bought 8 years ago and they used to be black rimmed...but all the black wore off and now they are sort of silver!! haha

i found a pair of glasses, the frames only, for 9 bucks at walmart 2 days ago so when we get back from out christmas trip will get new lenses in them. its crazy, the insurance will pay for glasses from the dr/s but not from walmart!! but hey, 9 bucks is cheap!! i like the frames a lot. they are black metal.

i found a coat on ebay but alas it came in and is too tight around the hips so i can't zip it. well i can zip it if i hike it up over my hips but then i can't pull it down straight haha these darn hips!!! i love the coat and look forward to shrinking into it!!
Nice find on the frames! I was going to order from Costco optical, since that's what I did pre-lasiks days with glasses. DH suggested I try Zennies on line. I got two pair of glasses for less than one pair at Costco. They have a upload thing where you take a close up photo of your face and you mark your eyes in the photo, and it sets it up so you can "try on" glasses on your own face photo. It's really sort of fun and free.
I can't wait to see you in that coat too!
Quote:
I have 2 pr of glasses, one bi-focal & one tri-focal, and they both have the lines. The tri's are for work only as I have a hard time driving with them. And you'll be able to stop some of the supplements when you get to P3.
Quote:
Good morning (I think). Have been up since 5 - couldn't sleep. I'm sitting in the dark living room with just the Christmas tree lights on enjoying the quiet. Today will be busy with baking sugar cookies for VIP, wrapping gifts, cleaning house, and maybe a walk in the woods with a friend later. And a nap in there somewhere I hope! Oh, we might go to town later too, to try out a gym (free visit), and do a bit more shopping. Think all I have to do now is finish up my 2 granddaughters and my older son's girlfriend.

Yesterday was my first day of maintenance and I had a P3 b'fast (LizRR's Pumpkin Pie), only a bar for lunch as I was out shopping all day and knew that supper/snacks later would be my 'free' (partial) day. Feeling slightly bloated now and tummy is a bit upset. Today & probably tomorrow are P1, then on to maintenance!

Went to Traverse City to shop yesterday (about an hour away), and finished up VIPs list and got a few other things too. Then I found this great bargain and just couldn't resist...dinner plates with a wintry pinecone design on them that were originally priced at $5 something @ marked down 60%! So I got 6 of them and a S/P set to match. They didn't have any bowls left and only 3 mugs so didn't get any other pieces. But I have used the same plain white plates for over 25 years and really wanted a change. Merry Christmas to me! LOL.
The drive home was nasty - snow & rain mixed created very slick slush on the roads, which for you southerners is almost as bad as ice to drive on. My front-wheel drive vehicle didn't handle the conditions very well, and I nearly went in the ditch 4 times! (The only roads between TC & home are 2 lanes with lots of hills & curves.) But made it home safely and on time to go to 2 holiday parties last night.

Rainbow - Your trip sounds fabulous! I've never been out east, but Vermont is one of the states I'd really like to visit sometime.
Halfagain - I LOVE pedi's, but only get 2 or 3 a year, in the warmer months. Glad you enjoyed your first one!

Well, think I'll get started on my busy day while VIP is still sleeping. Will try to get back on here later today, but really need to get back in MFP. It has been a while...

Have a great day!
Wow you have been busy, and up early to do more. Good for you! Glad you made it home safe, and scored some new plates. We haven't changed out plates for some time. My mother always had a "nice" set of china for special meals, and the every day set. Our house just isn't big enough for that.

Warning sort of a icky/embarrassing topic - on the pedi - one of my main reasons I never had them done before was I would always have sores/scabs on my legs since my teenage years. They would itch, I would scratch, they would just stay for weeks/months - never healing because I could not leave them alone. Anti-itch creams did no good. Since IP my legs have healed. Not sure if it's the IP diet itself, cutting out the grains, taking the hair/skin/nails supplements (biotin), drinking the water, or what - but I am totally and thorally amazed at the changes to my skin and nails. My hair (knock on wood) has not fallen out in a major way - though yes I've gone thru some shedding periods - which I believe is normal to have more loss some times in the year than others.

Quote:
Halfagain- I get a pedi on my annual winter vacation to Cancun. I get that as soon as I arrive so I can go around in sandals the rest if the week. Then I don't get another pedi the rest of the year. I know it sounds awful, but I leave the paint on the toes so that when there is only a little left on the big toe I know it's about time to go back to Cancun.

Rainbow- In Sept we drove through the southern portion of Vermont on the way to the White Mountains in NH. What beautiful country! You'll love it whether or not you have snow. You will need to wave at Sonya, DizzyJean, and me on your way, as no doubt you'll be coming up through northern Virginia at some point. Safe travels.

BTW, I heard moose can be real mean, so try to resist climbing up on one for a pony ride.
LOL great point on mean mooses. I'll remember that. They look like they have such a soft nose. Like my buddy King had (buckskin quarter horse) when I was a teen. I did the nail polish grow out thing a couple summers ago. My sister painted my toes and I never removed the paint, just let it grow out Oh, that reminds me, I'm going shopping on Zappos today to see if I can find some shoes to show off the toes. Maybe not in the snow, but like dress shoes or something. All I have now is my very old Berks - and my feet are smaller so they are too big and floppy to enjoy wearing.

I'm going to a knit-in at a friends house today. I'm trying to get back the knitting passion that I once had. I can't believe I let that slip away by getting involved in an on line computer game. I'm bringing a big ol' salad with various salad components broken out in separate containers. Never know if someone is allergic to shrimp, doesn't like green peppers, or tomatoes, (croûtons too), etc. One of my friends runs in marathons, so she's trying to get us pumped up for a color run/walk - I need to get moving so I can do that this summer with the group. I also have about 30 lbs (or more) of washed sheep wool that I need to spin into yarn. I think I'll stick with knitting for today though, and try and keep it simple.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #352  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
In the summer I like to walk in the National Park near me. the one with the hundreds of bison.

I really have to keep a watch that I don't suddenly come up to a bison because they don't like to be startled. But I have some very close to moose several times. Once I happened to glance from the path and a very young moose was standing stock still behind a tree just a few feet away. It seem to think if it didn't move a muscle it was invisible. That made me sad because they must be very easy to hunt. Lucky for the ones in the part they are safe.

Another time I passed s young couple who were arguing so I went around the loop in the opposite direction. I met them later and they was standing totally still and they whispered "Look!" It was an enormous moose, so big it was just stepping over trees and bushes. Such a magestic sight we were awestruck. The moose didn't pay any attention to us at all any was just a couple of hundred feet away from us.
Probably all wild animals are nasty if they are cornered but there has never been an incident of anyone being attacked by an animal in the park which has miles of walking paths.

Sorry for the highjack but your discussion made me wish it was summer again. On second thought I always wish it was summer again!

Pat
i had heard they were more massive than one would imagine!! i THINK i saw one in maine ONCE...on our way back from PEI...BUT...nigels said he didn't think it was...it was a long way away in a field and we were in the car, we stopped but by the time i got the camera ready, it had gone!! It was pretty big from a distance!! i can't imagine being as close as you were!!! how exciting!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-16-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #353  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Me too, actually even I forgot I had bifocals till you mentioned that. I have gradulated lens.
Okay I'm wishing I'd ordered the no line kind now LOL by the time they come (sounds like a month away) I might save my pennies for a third pair - if I like their work and the ones with lines are good sight wise. It was under $100 for both pair together, so while I don't have $50 to throw around, I may end up doing that. We shall see (or I hope to see... very soon). Never in all my years of wearing glasses did I have more than one pair of glasses at a time.

I love not wearing glasses - but the process they had to do because of my eye imperfections was very painful. I don't really want to go thru that again soon.... if ever.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #354  

It is GREAT to hear about the online less-expensive option. I'll be checking into that in January, when my Benny Flex card reloads. That way I can buy glasses with pre-tax $$. I think Sears Optical wanted about $500 for new specs for me...ugh!

That's a LOT! (No-line, scratch-resistant, whatever else added expense...$$$)

I got contacts and put the glasses on the back burner at that appointment.

My Rx changes slightly when I lose weight, and it did at that appointment. It changed BIG TIME when I lost the 100 lbs on Atkins. My Eye doc said I was probably on my way to diabetes and the low carb diet reversed it. Even tho it wasn't showing in my blood tests yet, he thinks it was showing in my eyes. My eyes changed a bit with 80 lb regain but really I stayed pretty low carb, much lower carb, for the most part, than the standard American diet (we didn't have bread, potatoes, rice, sugar at home, altho I ate it "out")

Now that I think of it, it is probably best that I wait til goal to buy new glasses. But I'm keeping the info about that less-expensive website! Thanks for the info, Barb!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #355  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

My friend from Maine remembers the time a bull moose was chasing her dad and all he could do was scamper up under a tractor. Her mom heard the commotion from the farmhouse and let the dogs out. The dogs went after the moose and chased him away. Of course, that might have been during mating season.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #356  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
My friend from Maine remembers the time a bull moose was chasing her dad and all he could do was scamper up under a tractor. Her mom heard the commotion from the farmhouse and let the dogs out. The dogs went after the moose and chased him away. Of course, that might have been during mating season.
haha i'll try to make a mental note about where a tractor is or something similar if i encounter one!! haha i'd hate to be chased by a moose!!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #357  

HALFAGAIN - I know what you mean about people noticing. Some noticed a while back but last weekend I was able to fit in the misses dept for the first time in a long time. I bought some new clothes there and now everyone is noticing!!! Im still getting used to the way I look too!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! Just wanted to say hey! Went out to eat today and stayed OP, yesterday I wanted to eat something, anything, everything but when all was said and done I only had a couple of bad licks but ended up the day having 5 un restricteds, better than messing tottaly up I guess. Anyway I feel a little more in control today, kinda scared me like I was going to loose control, but than I come to 3fc and read, and you guys always help me out thank you!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #359  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. Just checking in to see what everyone's been up to.

Rainbow - glad you figured out where your mystery trip is to be... Vermont sounds lovely. That's a gorgeous part of the country, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

I'm still fighting the bug I caught, although I'm slowly getting better. Still have major chest congestion and cough, so it unfortunately hasn't just up and left. It leaves me feeling tired and draggy - although thank goodness I'm now able to slept relatively well again. Not totally 'clogged up' (hate that feeling).

I got started on P3 breakfasts yesterday, so this has been my second day. I wasn't feeling up to going grocery shopping before Friday, so I just stayed with P1 until I was feeling strong enough to get the shopping done and pick up the P3 breakfast type things that I needed.

No news really, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been missing everyone.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #360  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, Evepet, good to hear from you even with a Hi.

I'm down to just a few pounds left, but I've got 10 people in my house over Christmas week and 2 more dropping in and out during that time, so all that is totally occupying my worry energy so that I don't have any energy left to worry about phasing off. Originally I wanted to phase off before all the visitors, but now I'm thinking that it is easier to stick with something I know!

Usually we are the ones to travel to visit others, so having everyone here is going to be an adventure for sure! My plan is to stay OP just because it is simpler that way! If things get too crazy, I may stow-away in Rainbow's trunk when she tries to sneak thru DC in the dead of night.
Closed Thread