Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #241  
Senior Member
 
Yesmyqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 408

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
:-) Well thanks or the vibes and support with my fussing over menus. Dinner went without a hitch - they had salmon and were happy to leave off the cream sauce - though it was petty saucy with I am not sure what exactly, but it tasted good. They serve family style, sized for two or four. I was glad I spoke up when they went to order (one person ordered for everyone - as it was a share thing) and said I needed to order the salmon. They got two shared appetizers, and 4 meal items (all huge bowls of pasta or cheese/cream heavy items). I got lots of "kudos" for sticking to plan. It felt a bit awkward for a while, but I think it worked out okay. Someone ended up having some of the salmon with me, and a couple wanted to share the side of broccoli - but I ended up bringing some salmon home with me for tomorrow and a big plate of spaghetti for my DH.

It was a very nice visit and dinner. I was the only one not feeling the carbs afterwards.
Great job staying on plan! Most of the time it's not hard but every now and then I've had to really talk to myself, but so far nothing terribly bad.

Rainbow your so funny, and you have all of us on the edge of our seat, where you actually get to go, what a wonderful DH.

Well I have had a long Tom and very strange emotions, WI is tommrow and I have no idea if its going to be flat or good, oh well as long as not up!

Wishing everyone a great day! Teena
Yesmyqueen is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #242  
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Just popping in to say a quick HI ALL

Have been crazy busy and stressed (work related). I begin Maintenance on Saturday Will make that evening my 'free' meal (not gonna do a whole day right off the bat), then free days on Christmas Day & again on the 28th (Christmas with my son & his family). P1 days after each, then who knows when the next free day will be...will see how I handle these 3 first.

Back to work...Have a great day!
greeniris is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #243  
started IP 7/17/2012
 
Lizzy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 705

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hi, all - Another one that dislikes (to put it mildly) shopping here! Why do all men think all women like shopping???

I will even order multiple sizes of things online, if I'm not sure what will fit, and send back whatever doesn't work - just so I don't have to go shopping! With this diet, the delivery people have been very busy at my house.

Halfagain - You're doing great - sounds like you handled the dinner well.

Evepet - Sorry you're not feeling well. You may find that you still lose on phase 3. I lost at 3+ pounds in that 2 week period. Looking forward to seeing you on the maintainers thread too!

Greeniris - We're in it together - on day 3 of maintenance today. Basically doing phase 3, with "additions." 1/4 cup of pecans or a piece of cheese with lunch or for a snack, or a small sweet potato or other carb with dinner. So far so good! If I find I'm gaining at end of week, I'll review my calories in MFP and adjust down next week.
Lizzy63 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #244  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

OK.....this new clue just doesn't make much sense for a clue!!!
here is what was on a piece of paper...taped to my desk chair...

O my Darling, Who knew the road from Brighton would lead to Charleston and I would marry the Darling Princess of my Dreams!

May All your Winter Snow wishes come true, And I'm Sure they will, for Darling, not everything is as it seems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
:-) Well thanks or the vibes and support with my fussing over menus. Dinner went without a hitch - they had salmon and were happy to leave off the cream sauce - though it was petty saucy with I am not sure what exactly, but it tasted good. They serve family style, sized for two or four. I was glad I spoke up when they went to order (one person ordered for everyone - as it was a share thing) and said I needed to order the salmon. They got two shared appetizers, and 4 meal items (all huge bowls of pasta or cheese/cream heavy items). I got lots of "kudos" for sticking to plan. It felt a bit awkward for a while, but I think it worked out okay. Someone ended up having some of the salmon with me, and a couple wanted to share the side of broccoli - but I ended up bringing some salmon home with me for tomorrow and a big plate of spaghetti for my DH.

It was a very nice visit and dinner. I was the only one not feeling the carbs afterwards.
ooooh YOU DID EXCELLENT!!!!! well done!! so proud of you for sticking to you plan!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
You drove to PEI??? That was a quite a trip. Did you go through Nova Scotia too?
Oh I just read on and see you did get to Nova Scotia. I am biased as I grew up there but think it is one of the most beautiful places.

Maybe I can convince you and hubby to come north west. You for bison viewing and let him know that the largest mall in North America is actually in the West Edmonton Mall. That one and the Mall of America are owned by the same family.
Well soon you should know where you are headed, I hope you don't burst from curiosity before then (and us too).
yes, we drive from Boston through Maine to PEI and it was a fabulous trip. I have been an Anne of Green Gables Fan for my entire life...I played "Anne" in my high school play!! and my life can so relate to hers!! so we went on a trip to see the Green Gables House and tour the island! I love love love PEI!! I truly enjoyed Maine too and saw my first ever Moose...in the distance....the very very far distance...so far that DH says it wasn't a moose but i say it was!! hahaha

yeah...the curiosity is driving me insane!! i love to plan plan plan. i found a coat on ebay and hope it gets here in time!! haha i don't even own a winter coat!!

so last night i said, how am i supposed to pack to go some place i don't even know i am going! he said just pack all warm clothes!! and no flip flops! hahahhaa i LIVE in my flip flops!!
he said make sure you pack gloves, scarves, hats, a coat, warm socks and your rubber wellies! and take your binoculars! ok is that a clue???

arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! so i was chatting with my daughter and she scolded me and said, stop trying to ruin your surprise!! haha just go with it!! and i told her easy for her to say because she wasn't the one being surprised!!

don't get me wrong, i love surprises....i just like being in the "know" too!! hahaha


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You'll definitely want to drop that hint...what not to do...
its too late....if its minn. it will have to be minn!! and i will shop with pride!! bt i hope its not shopping! hhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I definitely have to be in the right mood to shop, and that mood doesn't hit often. I was thrilled to be able to handle most of my Christmas shopping online this year. That's my kind of shopping.
Shopping just isn't my idea of fun either - especially on Christmas Day. Better do some careful 'hinting'. LOL.

-----------------------------

Hi everyone. I've been checking the posts occasionally the past couple of days but not posting much. Still under the weather, and just not feeling very 'social'. Mostly sleeping, resting, and eating.

Speaking of eating... today's WI has me at 157.4lbs - which is -2lbs from a few days ago. ( I believe it was Sunday when I got a 159.5 on the scale.). My appetite is completely shot with this flu/cold, and it's a struggle to make myself eat, but I'm keeping on track fairly well. I have pain and cold meds that don't contain sugar, so that was ok. Lots of water, hot herbal teas, etc., and a focus on veggies that contain a high level of Vit C. I'm also finding my chicken noodle soup was somehow more palatable than the other more creamy ones. Back to Vit C in veggies again, who knew 8 spears of asparagus contain 62% of the RDI for Vit C? Also a cup of jicama contain 40%. Throw in the juice of a lime, and a cup of spinach and I'm well over the RDI.

Being sick has no doubt helped to facilitate some of this, but since I have been able to continue eating pretty well OP, it's also confirming that my 'Temporary to P3' experiment of a couple of weeks ago has somehow helped me lose about -6 lbs within 3 weeks again. That definitely was the right thing for me to do. It's also reinforced the belief in me that it's ok now to move on to P3 and phase out for next two weeks - so that's what I've decided to do. I'm currently at the weight at my Dr. recommended when I saw her this past August. At our family Christmas get together on Dec 27th, I'll be beginning maintenance. I'll get some maintenance experience under my belt, see how I feel, etc., and if I find I want to get down to a lower weight still in 2013 then I'll go back for another month or so on P1 again.

Cheers to everyone. I hope you all have a happy, great day.
i'm sorry you have not been well...good for you to keep drinking your liquids and i love the chicken noodle soup!! every order contains at least 1 box of chicken noodle soup and 1 box of grape drink!! my 2 favs!!
i never knew those veggies has so much vit c!! good to know!!

aaah you have done so well!! and now you will be moving into a new and exciting phase!!! woohoo!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post

Rainbow your so funny, and you have all of us on the edge of our seat, where you actually get to go, what a wonderful DH.

Wishing everyone a great day! Teena
he has me on the edge of my seat too!!! hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Just popping in to say a quick HI ALL

Have been crazy busy and stressed (work related). I begin Maintenance on Saturday Will make that evening my 'free' meal (not gonna do a whole day right off the bat), then free days on Christmas Day & again on the 28th (Christmas with my son & his family). P1 days after each, then who knows when the next free day will be...will see how I handle these 3 first.

Back to work...Have a great day!
hi greeniris!! so glad you popped in i've been missing you!!!! Its wonderful to see and follow someone who has 100% success with this plan!!! you have done outstanding!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, all - Another one that dislikes (to put it mildly) shopping here! Why do all men think all women like shopping???

I will even order multiple sizes of things online, if I'm not sure what will fit, and send back whatever doesn't work - just so I don't have to go shopping! With this diet, the delivery people have been very busy at my house.

yeah i dont know why that is an assumption either...seeing as several ladies here don't like shopping either!! you guys make me feel good about not liking to shop!! hahaha


OOOOO MISS DANA.....MISSING YOU!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #245  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

hope everyone is having a good day!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #246  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hope everyone is having a good day!!!
Hi Rainbow,

Just finished going back to the start of the clues and reading them to dh. He's fascinated as he's more of an analyst than I am and I make my living doing it.

BTW, compliment Nigel on the last clue. dh was impressed and said give him a thumbs up. Very well crafted.

So, what does Brighton have to do with it? Or is that where he's from and is just talking about being so lucky your paths crossed and he found you? There is a Brighton in Michigan (we pass it every trip), but you say you've been to Michigan.

hahahaha, dh has Mapquest up right now. he's really loving this.

Keep us posted.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #247  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Just popping in to say a quick HI ALL

Have been crazy busy and stressed (work related). I begin Maintenance on Saturday Will make that evening my 'free' meal (not gonna do a whole day right off the bat), then free days on Christmas Day & again on the 28th (Christmas with my son & his family). P1 days after each, then who knows when the next free day will be...will see how I handle these 3 first.

Back to work...Have a great day!
Good luck on maintenance. I'll have to catch up with you this spring and find out all about maintenance. That should be about when I'm starting.

BTW, saw your picture on the what are you wearing thread. Wow, you look fabulous.

Enjoy.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #248  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi Rainbow,

Just finished going back to the start of the clues and reading them to dh. He's fascinated as he's more of an analyst than I am and I make my living doing it.

BTW, compliment Nigel on the last clue. dh was impressed and said give him a thumbs up. Very well crafted.

So, what does Brighton have to do with it? Or is that where he's from and is just talking about being so lucky your paths crossed and he found you? There is a Brighton in Michigan (we pass it every trip), but you say you've been to Michigan.

hahahaha, dh has Mapquest up right now. he's really loving this.

Keep us posted.

Molly
yep he is from brighton! Brighton England!!
and yes we have been to michigan!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #249  
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,770

Height: 5'5"

Default

[QUOTE=rainbowsmiles;4555012]
i'm sorry you have not been well...good for you to keep drinking your liquids and i love the chicken noodle soup!! every order contains at least 1 box of chicken noodle soup and 1 box of grape drink!! my 2 favs!!
i never knew those veggies has so much vit c!! good to know!!

aaah you have done so well!! and now you will be moving into a new and exciting phase!!! woohoo!!!



Realized I made an error in my earlier post - I'd checked the various veg I have on supply at nutritiondata.com, but must have misread. Thought I'd clarify here, as I don't want to mislead anyone. Asparagus isn't that high in Vit C. But jicama and green pepper are powerhouses. I/2 cup of chopped raw green pepper alone gives 100% of the daily RDI. And 1/2 cup of jicama gives 22%. Juice of one lime gives about 20%.
evepet is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #250  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Realized I made an error in my earlier post - I'd checked the various veg I have on supply at nutritiondata.com, but must have misread. Thought I'd clarify here, as I don't want to mislead anyone. Asparagus isn't that high in Vit C. But jicama and green pepper are powerhouses. I/2 cup of chopped raw green pepper alone gives 100% of the daily RDI. And 1/2 cup of jicama gives 22%. Juice of one lime gives about 20%.
WOW. No wonder I've stayed healthy this last year. My easy go to lunch is peppers sliced and salted. Almost four times the RDI.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #251  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012
 
AlisonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 333

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Default

Hi all, just got back from vacation and happy to say I stayed 100% OP the whole time! I took my parents to the Grand Floridian at Disney in FL. My mother has cared for my grandmother for the last 7 years after my grandmother broke her hip and would never go away or take a vacation. My grandmother died this summer and I wanted to treat my mom to something special. The Grand Floridian is really beautiful to begin with and then the Christmas decorations are truly special. Both she and my dad had a wonderful time. This was the first time that they saw me since my grandmother's funeral, so they were amazed at my weight loss. Disney is very helpful with food preparations at the restaurants, so I had no trouble at all. We ate at Narcoosee's for my dad's birthday and I had steak and roasted brussel sprouts, had a modified cobb salad at the Brown Derby, had steak and broccoli at the Grand Floridian Cafe. The movie theater at Downtown Disney has an "eat in" option and we went to see Skyfall and I was able to get a veggie plate with cut up jicama and celery to eat along with garlic and onion soy nuts from IP. I took along packaged tuna and had shipped down a carton of the mango drink in advance along with all my Walden Farms and other packets from IP. Very happy, everyone had a great time and I lost weight!! Yay!
AlisonS is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #252  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Hi all, just got back from vacation and happy to say I stayed 100% OP the whole time! I took my parents to the Grand Floridian at Disney in FL. My mother has cared for my grandmother for the last 7 years after my grandmother broke her hip and would never go away or take a vacation. My grandmother died this summer and I wanted to treat my mom to something special. The Grand Floridian is really beautiful to begin with and then the Christmas decorations are truly special. Both she and my dad had a wonderful time. This was the first time that they saw me since my grandmother's funeral, so they were amazed at my weight loss. Disney is very helpful with food preparations at the restaurants, so I had no trouble at all. We ate at Narcoosee's for my dad's birthday and I had steak and roasted brussel sprouts, had a modified cobb salad at the Brown Derby, had steak and broccoli at the Grand Floridian Cafe. The movie theater at Downtown Disney has an "eat in" option and we went to see Skyfall and I was able to get a veggie plate with cut up jicama and celery to eat along with garlic and onion soy nuts from IP. I took along packaged tuna and had shipped down a carton of the mango drink in advance along with all my Walden Farms and other packets from IP. Very happy, everyone had a great time and I lost weight!! Yay!
X 1000 !!!!!!

WHAT AN INSPIRING POST!!!!!!!
WELL DONE!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #253  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

teena....glad to see your photos back
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #254  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

clue clue clue.....
i am so excited could hardly sleep last night...
got up wee early this am...with hubby....and came right to the computer...

alas NO CLUE...

so i waited...not so patiently...and then finally asked...
hey, i thought you were going to give me another clue today....

he said i did....and i said, its not here!!
and he said, well do you think i'd put it in the same place???

you'll have to find it!!

ok i gotta go!!! be back in a jiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #255  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

whew....found it finally!!
taped to the window in the sunroom!

Backpack & Binoculars & a Picnic for 2
We'll sit and watch wildlife and enjoy a lake view

we shall go hiking even if it snowed
Will Yough be Mine as we travel the knowledge road

I know you want more clues But i can't make it too easy
Have fun guessing, Hope my clues are not too cheesy


yes, that is how it was spelled yough.

what is a yough????
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 6 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 492 11-29-2012 09:37 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 5 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 497 11-09-2012 01:06 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 4 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 480 10-25-2012 10:20 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 3 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 488 09-28-2012 07:47 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 DanafromAustin Ideal Protein Diet 535 09-10-2012 10:51 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.