5. Iowa
Any other draw to any of them?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #227  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Thank you both for the ideas/support. I feel like a winer (and here I said I don't do wine ) I do not see grilled chicken in any of their options, but I'll ask if need be. They don't even have a chicken Cesar. It's a small non-chain type restaurant so I was lucky menus were on line. They don't list cucumbers in any of their salads so I dont think those are options. Deep fried - lots of stuff - and pizza, pasta, desserts are their thing. Even the healthy salmon option is coated with cream sauce and other off plan things. I know why the non-dieter group thinks it's excellent eats. I would be tempted to back out of tonight's dinner except I don't want to let this diet drive me to that. I was hoping they would have chosen a steak place like last year, or a seafood place. Oh well, it will work one way or another.
Hmmmmm... That's tough. Is there anything on the appetizer menu that would work? I'll sometimes order mussels in tomato sauce, or very light on the olive oil, along with a salad. Even a shrimp cocktail with a salad could work. Even when I'm not on a diet I'll often just order two appetizers off the menu and leave it at that. My DH, who has no need of losing *any* weight often does the same thing. Not everyone likes a heavy pasta dish with rich sauces.

You may even want to call ahead and explain that you're going to be with a group for dinner and are on a very restrictive diet and would like to discuss whether there are menu items that you would be able to eat. It may help to give them some advance notice, and you may find some options that were not apparent.

Either way, I'd go to the restaurant prepared so you could discretely munch on some OP items just in case ... I'll often carry a bar in my purse for emergencies.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #228  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Darn!!! Susan didn't you tell him I was expecting you????

No Americans are not silly taking pictures. Every time I see the masses of bison I am amazed. I want to take a winter picture but didn't so far because I don't want to pull to the side of the highway with the winter driving conditions.
I am curious as heck now as to where you are going. Likely New England which I just love as I am originally from Nova Scotia. Actually I think I will take a scoot down there when I go back east this summer.
Snow is not a priority for me!
awww i wasn't ribbing YOU...i was just saying that "I" am one of THOSE...people who locals INSTANTLY SAY...there's another one of those blessed ole tourists with a camera taking photos of EVERYTHING!!!! hahaha i don't just take A photos i take 1000!!! hahahah

they say 1 photo is worth a thousand words and i say 1000 photos are worth a lifetime of memories!! hahaha

i LOVE LOVE LOVE nova scotia and pei. i would move to pei today!!! i hope i am lucky enough to get back there one day!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #229  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Hmmm.... I'd bet on one of these:

Any other draw to any of them?
i had originally thought north dakota as its the only state that "I" have not been to of the lower 48....(alaska and hawaii are the other 2)
but the closest place in ND is OVER the 20 hours to drive there.

south dakota is right at 20 hours and a few minutes...so...???

i do remember him saying some time back, when i was doing christmas shopping online...and lamenting the dislike of having to go to the mall for anything!!....he said, one day i'm going to take you to the biggest mall in america and take u shopping!! hahaha and the mall of america is in minn. he LOVES to shop....me i hate to shop!! hahaha

shopping at the mall of america would NOT be my idea of christmas fun!! hahahaha

so i'm still stumped...i hope i get another clue in the morning!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #230  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
he said, one day i'm going to take you to the biggest mall in america and take u shopping!! hahaha and the mall of america is in minn. he LOVES to shop....me i hate to shop!! hahaha

shopping at the mall of america would NOT be my idea of christmas fun!! hahahaha
uh oh ...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #231  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
uh oh ...

hahaha i know right??!!!!!! i'm so bad!! oooh lord, now i am worrying that it is minneapolis!! hahahaha
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #232  
Feed Your Freedom

barb...maybe you can have this for dessert!!
Le Whaf
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...s-Recipes.html
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #233  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi, all

Just a quick drop in to say hi to my fellow 50+ers.

Can't wait to see where Rainbow is going to be going for Christmas. From what I've seen it's quite white up at our place in Michigan. Next year good chance we'll be there in the winter.

Halfagain, hope your dinner turned out okay tonight. Preparation is the key to success on this plan.

Have a great evening, all.

Molly
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i had originally thought north dakota as its the only state that "I" have not been to of the lower 48....(alaska and hawaii are the other 2)
but the closest place in ND is OVER the 20 hours to drive there.

south dakota is right at 20 hours and a few minutes...so...???

i do remember him saying some time back, when i was doing christmas shopping online...and lamenting the dislike of having to go to the mall for anything!!....he said, one day i'm going to take you to the biggest mall in america and take u shopping!! hahaha and the mall of america is in minn. he LOVES to shop....me i hate to shop!! hahaha

so i'm still stumped...i hope i get another clue in the morning!!!!
Oh look! someone else who dislikes shopping! That would NOT be my idea of any kind of fun on any kind of day. This time of year, I guess I'm a shopping Grinch. A shopping Grinch and a snow Grinch (what can I say? I like the big, Green Guy!). At least I'm listening to my share of Christmas music and did a little decorating!
But hubby knows that about you, right? The not liking to shop? He wouldn't, would he?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #235  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh look! someone else who dislikes shopping! That would NOT be my idea of any kind of fun on any kind of day. This time of year, I guess I'm a shopping Grinch. A shopping Grinch and a snow Grinch (what can I say? I like the big, Green Guy!). At least I'm listening to my share of Christmas music and did a little decorating!
But hubby knows that about you, right? The not liking to shop? He wouldn't, would he?
hahahaha i sure hope he wouldn't!!! he KNOWS i hate shopping!!!

shoot...he is the primper in the family!! he takes longer to get ready than i do!! hahaha its the british proper in him!! he likes shopping too!! i call him "fonzie" cause he can't pass a mirror without looking in and pulling that comb out his back pocket!!! hahahaha

i love his self confidence and wish i had some!!

me i go off without a purse and without makeup and without a brush!! haha i'm just au natural!!! thank goodness he loves me that way!! but he does like it when i wear the red lipstick!! hahaha i NEVER wore red lipstick growing up!! never!! not until i met him later in life!!

it took me several years just to get the confidence to wear red lipstick. sad huh! haha now, i am getting used to it, its not my favorite, i like pink, but i wear it because he likes it!!

i hope it not to the mall of america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #236  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

:-) Well thanks or the vibes and support with my fussing over menus. Dinner went without a hitch - they had salmon and were happy to leave off the cream sauce - though it was petty saucy with I am not sure what exactly, but it tasted good. They serve family style, sized for two or four. I was glad I spoke up when they went to order (one person ordered for everyone - as it was a share thing) and said I needed to order the salmon. They got two shared appetizers, and 4 meal items (all huge bowls of pasta or cheese/cream heavy items). I got lots of "kudos" for sticking to plan. It felt a bit awkward for a while, but I think it worked out okay. Someone ended up having some of the salmon with me, and a couple wanted to share the side of broccoli - but I ended up bringing some salmon home with me for tomorrow and a big plate of spaghetti for my DH.

It was a very nice visit and dinner. I was the only one not feeling the carbs afterwards.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #237  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
barb...maybe you can have this for dessert!!
Le Whaf
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...s-Recipes.html
LOL that's amazing.. though somehow would seem not the same without the textures or temperatures. Not sure I'd love it, but it would be fun.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
edit....scratch mass and new hamp....i forgot we flew into boston and drove to PEi and went right through those!!! the list is getting smaller!!!!!!!!!!!
You drove to PEI??? That was a quite a trip. Did you go through Nova Scotia too?
Oh I just read on and see you did get to Nova Scotia. I am biased as I grew up there but think it is one of the most beautiful places.

Maybe I can convince you and hubby to come north west. You for bison viewing and let him know that the largest mall in North America is actually in the West Edmonton Mall. That one and the Mall of America are owned by the same family.
Well soon you should know where you are headed, I hope you don't burst from curiosity before then (and us too).

Last edited by patns; 12-12-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #239  

Quote:

shoot...he is the primper in the family!! he takes longer to get ready than i do!! hahaha its the british proper in him!! he likes shopping too!! i call him "fonzie" cause he can't pass a mirror without looking in and pulling that comb out his back pocket!!! hahahaha

me i go off without a purse and without makeup and without a brush!! haha i'm just au natural!!! thank goodness he loves me that way!! but he does like it when i wear the red lipstick!! hahaha i NEVER wore red lipstick growing up!! never!! not until i met him later in life!!

it took me several years just to get the confidence to wear red lipstick. sad huh! haha now, i am getting used to it, its not my favorite, i like pink, but i wear it because he likes it!!

You'll definitely want to drop that hint...what not to do...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #240  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I definitely have to be in the right mood to shop, and that mood doesn't hit often. I was thrilled to be able to handle most of my Christmas shopping online this year. That's my kind of shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
:-) Well thanks or the vibes and support with my fussing over menus. Dinner went without a hitch - they had salmon and were happy to leave off the cream sauce - though it was petty saucy with I am not sure what exactly, but it tasted good. They serve family style, sized for two or four. I was glad I spoke up when they went to order (one person ordered for everyone - as it was a share thing) and said I needed to order the salmon. They got two shared appetizers, and 4 meal items (all huge bowls of pasta or cheese/cream heavy items). I got lots of "kudos" for sticking to plan. It felt a bit awkward for a while, but I think it worked out okay. Someone ended up having some of the salmon with me, and a couple wanted to share the side of broccoli - but I ended up bringing some salmon home with me for tomorrow and a big plate of spaghetti for my DH.

It was a very nice visit and dinner. I was the only one not feeling the carbs afterwards.
I've been reading of your planning your Christmas dinner evening. Sounds like all went well. The salmon sounds delicious. Kudos to you for sticking firmly OP.

Quote:

Shopping just isn't my idea of fun either - especially on Christmas Day. Better do some careful 'hinting'. LOL.

-----------------------------

Hi everyone. I've been checking the posts occasionally the past couple of days but not posting much. Still under the weather, and just not feeling very 'social'. Mostly sleeping, resting, and eating.

Speaking of eating... today's WI has me at 157.4lbs - which is -2lbs from a few days ago. ( I believe it was Sunday when I got a 159.5 on the scale.). My appetite is completely shot with this flu/cold, and it's a struggle to make myself eat, but I'm keeping on track fairly well. I have pain and cold meds that don't contain sugar, so that was ok. Lots of water, hot herbal teas, etc., and a focus on veggies that contain a high level of Vit C. I'm also finding my chicken noodle soup was somehow more palatable than the other more creamy ones. Back to Vit C in veggies again, who knew green peppers and jicama were so good for Vit C? Add in the juice of a lime, and a cup both of spinach & asparagus and I'm well over the RDI. Plus I have these packages of True Lemon, which is 100% pure crystallized lemon (it's a 0/0/0 'addition' as per OP) and each packet contains 25% RDI of Vit C. A useful thing to have around during cold and flu season. I like the fact that I'm upping my Vit C intake to attack the germs through the use of natural foods, rather than a supplement.

Being sick has no doubt helped to facilitate some of this, but since I have been able to continue eating pretty well OP, it's also confirming that my 'Temporary to P3' experiment of a couple of weeks ago has somehow helped me lose about -6 lbs within 3 weeks again. That definitely was the right thing for me to do. It's also reinforced the belief in me that it's ok now to move on to P3 and phase out for next two weeks - so that's what I've decided to do. I'm currently at the weight at my Dr. recommended when I saw her this past August. At our family Christmas get together on Dec 27th, I'll be beginning maintenance. I'll get some maintenance experience under my belt, see how I feel, etc., and if I find I want to get down to a lower weight still in 2013 then I'll go back for another month or so on P1 again.

Cheers to everyone. I hope you all have a happy, great day.

Last edited by evepet; 12-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Closed Thread