Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

ALASKA!!!!!!!!!!! AS IF!!! NOW THAT WOULD REALLY BE A DREAM!!

but i think thats a wee bit too far to drive!! hahaha

love the story...about the granddad!!! thats precious!!
Aim for Alaksa next, I am right on the way. I need to stop some morning on my way to work and take a picture of the bison strolling around like it's July but they have about a foot of snow on their backs. I drive through a National Park on my way to work and often see Americans taking pictures of the hundreds of bison there on their way to Alaska. I am surprised when I see people from places like Maine and think wat a drive!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #212  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Aim for Alaksa next, I am right on the way. I need to stop some morning on my way to work and take a picture of the bison strolling around like it's July but they have about a foot of snow on their backs. I drive through a National Park on my way to work and often see Americans taking pictures of the hundreds of bison there on their way to Alaska. I am surprised when I see people from places like Maine and think wat a drive!
haha i would be ONE OF THOSE "americans taking pictures of bison" haha i guess canadians think americans are silly....getting all excited over bison!! haha

i was like that in oregon getting so exciting over seeing a whale for the first time that wasn't in captivity!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #213  
Feed Your Freedom

oooo got a new clue!!!! its been driving me crazy....hahaha....trying to plan for a trip when i have no idea where i am going!!...i like to be organized!!!

a sticky note on the fridge...."susan's snow surprise is within a 20 hour drive!!"

susan's snow surprise hahahahaha love that!!!

ok....time to go do a radius on the map!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #214  

Quote:
oooo got a new clue!!!! its been driving me crazy....hahaha....trying to plan for a trip when i have no idea where i am going!!...i like to be organized!!!

a sticky note on the fridge...."susan's snow surprise is within a 20 hour drive!!"

susan's snow surprise hahahahaha love that!!!

ok....time to go do a radius on the map!!!
Well, its not Alaska!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #215  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hmm... you are in Charleston, SC, right?? Maybe Toronto??
Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #216  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hmm... you are in Charleston, SC, right?? Maybe Toronto??
hmmmmm i've never been to toronto!!! let me go check!!!
hey its only 15 hours!!! could be a great candidate!!!
wow, that would be so cool!!!!!!!!!!!

he didn't mention having to need a passport....YET!! hahahah
Old 12-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #217  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Well, except he said it was a "State," right? And I don't think he'd want to risk passport issues ... How about Colorado or Maine? For the former, you'd have to drive pretty much non-stop to make it in that time, but maybe ....

He sounds like a great guy!! How fun that he keeps giving you little clues! I'm sure wherever it is, it will be great!!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #218  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I seemed to have developed a seasonal social calendar. I rarely go out after work, or do things in the local/live world with others besides my family. This has changed this month, and I'm not exactly sure at all about it. I have plans for all but one weekend, and a couple events planned in the week days. Seems awful busy to me, I'm not complaining so much as baffled how this happened and why I have events on my radar where I don't have plans for 11 months out of the year. I think it's added to my stress level, even if the gatherings are friends, etc - it's not having down time to just veg. Thank goodness none of them are gift/ornament exchanges or something I have to do more than make a large salad to bring with. Okay now I sound like a Scrooge.

Anyway - tonight's event is dinner out with the work bunch. They chose an Italian restaurant. I will get there late due to a conflicting appointment, so i needed to checked out their menu ahead of time (so I don't have to pour of it once I get there). The only meal/protein item I see I can really stay on plan with is the baked salmon, and tell them to hold the cream sauce, cheese, etc and to ensure the broccoli that comes with it is not cheesed, oiled, etc. That will work - I'll do that. Still it's a bit concerning if they are out of the salmon. Option 2 is a Cesar salad, less the stuff I can't have (so it would have romaine lettuce, tomatoes, not sure what they got) I better slip some dressing in my purse if I have any packets left - I think I'm out. Oh they do have green beans sautéed in olive oil.... wonder if they can use less oil, or steam them.... surely they have a microwave. LOL - sorry I sound so self centered... "what can I eat"... I worry too much about stuff. Planning ahead is good for me but I do the 'what if' game in my head a lot and that isn't good. Tonight will be fine and either I can eat there, or I'll eat afterwords. It is about seeing my co-workers and relaxing a bit with my water..hmmm maybe I'll bring some grape drink.. that will tickle my coworkers to no end with my fake wine. They laugh at me and my tea and decaf coffees I'm not offended by that at all, I laugh too... at them and their (pink/blue/green/red/white) mixed foo foo drinks.

Okay break time over.. back to work!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #219  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Well, except he said it was a "State," right? And I don't think he'd want to risk passport issues ... How about Colorado or Maine? For the former, you'd have to drive pretty much non-stop to make it in that time, but maybe ....

He sounds like a great guy!! How fun that he keeps giving you little clues! I'm sure wherever it is, it will be great!!
it IS FUN...but it IS driving me nuts not knowing!! hahaha i'm worse than a little kid!!!

we have been to colorado and maine so that rules them out....

GOOD POINT about the "states"....he DID say it was a STATE he had never been to...

these are some i have narrowed it down to
1. North Dakota
2. South Dakota
these two seem too far???

3. Minnesota
4. Nebraska
5. Iowa

6. Connecticut
7, Massachusetts
8. Rhode Island
9. Vermont
10. New Hampshire
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #220  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

When I went out to brunch the other day and there was literally nothing on the menu that would work for me without major modifications and leaving items out. I ended up telling them to give me the grilled romaine lettuce (unadulterated except for maybe *very* minimal olive oil brushed on it) and grilled chicken with no dressing. It was great! The flavor you can get from just a light grilling is terrific.

No one blinked an eye. I think so many people are on Atkins or other restricted diets that no one really cares. There also are just lots of picky eaters out there (a concept I never understood since I was told to clean my plate from an early age! ), so waiters and waitresses are quite used to dealing with special requests.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #221  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I seemed to have developed a seasonal social calendar. I rarely go out after work, or do things in the local/live world with others besides my family. This has changed this month, and I'm not exactly sure at all about it. I have plans for all but one weekend, and a couple events planned in the week days. Seems awful busy to me, I'm not complaining so much as baffled how this happened and why I have events on my radar where I don't have plans for 11 months out of the year. I think it's added to my stress level, even if the gatherings are friends, etc - it's not having down time to just veg. Thank goodness none of them are gift/ornament exchanges or something I have to do more than make a large salad to bring with. Okay now I sound like a Scrooge.

Anyway - tonight's event is dinner out with the work bunch. They chose an Italian restaurant. I will get there late due to a conflicting appointment, so i needed to checked out their menu ahead of time (so I don't have to pour of it once I get there). The only meal/protein item I see I can really stay on plan with is the baked salmon, and tell them to hold the cream sauce, cheese, etc and to ensure the broccoli that comes with it is not cheesed, oiled, etc. That will work - I'll do that. Still it's a bit concerning if they are out of the salmon. Option 2 is a Cesar salad, less the stuff I can't have (so it would have romaine lettuce, tomatoes, not sure what they got) I better slip some dressing in my purse if I have any packets left - I think I'm out. Oh they do have green beans sautéed in olive oil.... wonder if they can use less oil, or steam them.... surely they have a microwave. LOL - sorry I sound so self centered... "what can I eat"... I worry too much about stuff. Planning ahead is good for me but I do the 'what if' game in my head a lot and that isn't good. Tonight will be fine and either I can eat there, or I'll eat afterwords. It is about seeing my co-workers and relaxing a bit with my water..hmmm maybe I'll bring some grape drink.. that will tickle my coworkers to no end with my fake wine. They laugh at me and my tea and decaf coffees I'm not offended by that at all, I laugh too... at them and their (pink/blue/green/red/white) mixed foo foo drinks.

Okay break time over.. back to work!
interesting about the social calendar growing....

a for the italian restaurant...they usually have chicken and you can always order grilled chicken no sauce if the salmon isn't available...you can have them make it with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil and fresh garlic....thats what i did at olive garden. then i had the side salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers.

good luck and let us know how it goes...

YES YES YES on the MOCK WINE...it is my go to for nearly every outing!! i always have one with me!! always!! my last order was 10 boxes!!! hahaha

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #222  
Feed Your Freedom

edit....scratch mass and new hamp....i forgot we flew into boston and drove to PEi and went right through those!!! the list is getting smaller!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #223  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
When I went out to brunch the other day and there was literally nothing on the menu that would work for me without major modifications and leaving items out. I ended up telling them to give me the grilled romaine lettuce (unadulterated except for maybe *very* minimal olive oil brushed on it) and grilled chicken with no dressing. It was great! The flavor you can get from just a light grilling is terrific.

No one blinked an eye. I think so many people are on Atkins or other restricted diets that no one really cares. There also are just lots of picky eaters out there (a concept I never understood since I was told to clean my plate from an early age! ), so waiters and waitresses are quite used to dealing with special requests.
Quote:
interesting about the social calendar growing....

a for the Italian restaurant...they usually have chicken and you can always order grilled chicken no sauce if the salmon isn't available...you can have them make it with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil and fresh garlic....thats what i did at olive garden. then i had the side salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers.

good luck and let us know how it goes...

YES YES YES on the MOCK WINE...it is my go to for nearly every outing!! i always have one with me!! always!! my last order was 10 boxes!!! hahaha
Thank you both for the ideas/support. I feel like a winer (and here I said I don't do wine ) I do not see grilled chicken in any of their options, but I'll ask if need be. They don't even have a chicken Cesar. It's a small non-chain type restaurant so I was lucky menus were on line. They don't list cucumbers in any of their salads so I dont think those are options. Deep fried - lots of stuff - and pizza, pasta, desserts are their thing. Even the healthy salmon option is coated with cream sauce and other off plan things. I know why the non-dieter group thinks it's excellent eats. I would be tempted to back out of tonight's dinner except I don't want to let this diet drive me to that. I was hoping they would have chosen a steak place like last year, or a seafood place. Oh well, it will work one way or another.

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Well, its not Alaska!
Darn!!! Susan didn't you tell him I was expecting you????

No Americans are not silly taking pictures. Every time I see the masses of bison I am amazed. I want to take a winter picture but didn't so far because I don't want to pull to the side of the highway with the winter driving conditions.
I am curious as heck now as to where you are going. Likely New England which I just love as I am originally from Nova Scotia. Actually I think I will take a scoot down there when I go back east this summer.
Snow is not a priority for me!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #225  

Quote:

Toronto is usually pretty mild, not a great destination for snow seekers.
Closed Thread