Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #61  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine72 View Post
That is great, SewingMomma! I love to hear that you are eating the bread! I used to make the same thing for myself and I loved it, and so hope I can get back to eating it when I'm on maintenance. I'm afraid I may start craving carbs, but I won't eat refined sugars, processed foods either. Thank you!
Molly,
I just made this one. It's really good. I had a couple of slices with almond butter for breakfast. I used organic unsalted butter instead of margarine. http://www.food.com/recipe/100-whole...machine-221429

I also replace the water with some whey from my homemade yogurt and use about a tablespoon of vital wheat gluten. I think the vwg makes for a softer loaf of bread.

I'm trying to eat a whole food diet and have been successful so far. Now, I just need to convince my husband and kids to give up the processed stuff. I've been introducing these kinds of food into their diets, but they still haven't given up all of the junk food.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 10-07-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Needed to add more details. :)
Old 10-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #62  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Molly,
I just made this one. It's really good. I had a couple of slices with almond butter for breakfast. I used organic unsalted butter instead of margarine. http://www.food.com/recipe/100-whole...machine-221429

I'm trying to eat a whole food diet and have been successful so far. Now, I just need to convince my husband and kids to give up the processed stuff. I've been introducing these kinds of food into their diets, but they still haven't given up all of the junk food.
Mmm. That sounds good. Thanks for the link. I live at 7,000 feet, so I have to adjust recipes constantly for baking (in bread, adding gluten). I'll have to try this one when I hit maintenance. I love having whole grain bread in my diet. It just feels right and healthy to me. That being said, I'll have to see how my body responds to the grains and gluten.

Good luck getting your family to give up the junk. I live alone, so it's easier for me to do it. And once a person is off those nasty simple carbs, it makes it easier too. But it's so hard to give up, as we all know.

Thanks again for the link!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #63  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Weighed in this morning, and a good one! Down 5.2 pounds. I dreamed last night that I lost 10 pounds, but I'll take that 5.2.

Question on BM's. I've always been regular, no issues at all. And for the first two months of IP, I've been fine (doing the plan 100%, taking all the supplements, etc.), but in the last week or so, my BM's aren't as regular. Instead of every day, they are like every other day. This has me worried. Should I be? I bought some magnesium and some smooth tea yesterday just in case. Advice? Thanks!
That's pretty normal. I use the Smooth Move tea - just make sure you steep it a LONG time (I think the box recommends 10-15 minutes. What I usually do is fill a cup with hot tap water and the tea bag when I get up in the morning. I let it sit on the counter while I get the kids ready for school (It's usually hanging out there for a half hour or more). When I'm ready to drink, I just heat it up in the microwave.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #64  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
That is great, SewingMomma! I love to hear that you are eating the bread! I used to make the same thing for myself and I loved it, and so hope I can get back to eating it when I'm on maintenance. I'm afraid I may start craving carbs, but I won't eat refined sugars, processed foods either. Thank you!
Quote:
Mmm. That sounds good. Thanks for the link. I live at 7,000 feet, so I have to adjust recipes constantly for baking (in bread, adding gluten). I'll have to try this one when I hit maintenance. I love having whole grain bread in my diet. It just feels right and healthy to me. That being said, I'll have to see how my body responds to the grains and gluten.

Good luck getting your family to give up the junk. I live alone, so it's easier for me to do it. And once a person is off those nasty simple carbs, it makes it easier too. But it's so hard to give up, as we all know.

Thanks again for the link!
Oh, I added gluten and I used the whey from my homemade yogurt instead of water. I always do that, so I forgot to mention it.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
That's pretty normal. I use the Smooth Move tea - just make sure you steep it a LONG time (I think the box recommends 10-15 minutes. What I usually do is fill a cup with hot tap water and the tea bag when I get up in the morning. I let it sit on the counter while I get the kids ready for school (It's usually hanging out there for a half hour or more). When I'm ready to drink, I just heat it up in the microwave.
Thanks, Scorbett. The box does say 10-15 minutes. That's the way I did it this morning. I think I'll try your way, the next time I take it. Thank you!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #66  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
Thanks, Scorbett. The box does say 10-15 minutes. That's the way I did it this morning. I think I'll try your way, the next time I take it. Thank you!
I found that taking the IP enzymes helped with the big C. I also drank miralax. I never tried the teas. Thank goodness things returned to normal in phase 3.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #67  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I am using the Novalax. 1 capsule didn't seem to do too much but 2 may have been 'overkill' so this week I'm goign to do 2 capsules every other day and 1 a day in between. We'll see if that helps
Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #68  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I haven't posted on here lately as I was in an IP funk last week and let myself be "led astray" a few times. Well the scale showed it, and my body felt like crap, so it's a new week, and a new attitude. Back on track now and already feeling better (well, I'm starving, but that's my own fault for getting out of ketosis so I deserve a bit o' pain and suffering! LOL)

New recipe for me: WF Sesame Ginger sauce in with "brocoli slaw" and chicken chunks for a stir fry. Simple, no chopping as brocoli slaw came bagged, and chicken was also pre-cooked. Super easy and yummy if you need a quick meal to make.

Last edited by IP43; 10-07-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #69  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Dana, I said a prayer for you. I hope you week goes well!
Quote:
Hang in there Dana! You and your family are in my prayers. You are so right about maintaining through time of stress being important.
Quote:
Dana I so hope things go well this week and you get some relief. Thinking about you!
)
Thank you all SO much!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #70  

Quote:
I found that taking the IP enzymes helped with the big C. I also drank miralax. I never tried the teas. Thank goodness things returned to normal in phase 3.
I have been taking the enzymes since day 1. I drank the Smooth Move Tea this morning, and it is working great.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #71  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
I have been taking the enzymes since day 1. I drank the Smooth Move Tea this morning, and it is working great.
Fantastic! No being able to go is miserable!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Hello, my name is Julie, and I have a Zesty pickle addiction. Today, it embarassed me and brought harm to my car. I left the lid slightly unscrewed and it spilled.....the whole jar...with juice. My car now smells like a zesty dill pickle...and carpet cleaner....My habit cost me $2.99 for the jar...and $39.99 for the professional pickle cleaner upper place......I have more in my fridge. I guess I will no longer be able to keep a jar in the car. : (

I LOVE ZESTY PICKLES!!!!!!
Ha! I just finished cleaning my car out for sort of the same reason. In the summer my friend brought me a huge amount of dill from her garden. I put it in my car and then we went for lunch and shopping. The dill was baking in my car and it has smelled like a pickle factory ever since. Clears out the sinuses though!
pat
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #73  

Quote:
Fantastic! No being able to go is miserable!
Yes, miserable! I wasn't sure if I was constipated or not, as I've never been before, but I'm sure glad I drank the tea to get things moving. Hopefully, I'll be fine this week.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #74  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOW middle of the second page, what is up with that?? this is NOT a good thing!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #75  

Thanksgiving success!!! We were invited to SILs for Thanksgiving dinner last night. I brought dessert, an appetizer, and a huge veggie tray!!! I munched on raw veggies and sipped my lemon water. We enjoyed a few games of canasta, visiting, having fun!! Supper time came around - I steamed up some cauliflower for myself and had a nice portion of white turkey breast meat. I passed over the mashed potatoes and gravy, the dressing, the perogies, the cranberries, the homemade buns, the everything!!! I wasn't tempted with dessert - I made a nice pumpkin gingerbread trifle, but that's not my thing, so it was easy to pass it over. Felt great after, not stuffed and gross feeling like most thanksgiving meals. Fun to watch everyone moan and groan that they ate too much!! Tee hee. Today scale moved down 2 lbs! Can't wait until official WI!! Great weekend!!
Closed Thread