Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

My DD and I are headed out in the cold for a pumpkin walk and a hike with her girl scout troop. Ordered pizza for the boys since we will be out of the house and AWAY from it but, ordered a nice salad for me to have once we get home. I will have a nice HealthSmart mint hot chocolate with my salad. Have a fantastic afternoon everyone!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
HUGE good news - I just got off the phone with my mother in law, she is HOME and they are going to do the gallbladder surgery and an ERCP (scope) as an outpatient next week. She still has to go for bloodwork every day till Tuesday (just to make sure her liver enzymes don't go up too badly) but at least she can rest in her own house, sleep in her own bed, and not be stuck at the hospital. YAY!
Happy to hear your MIL is going to be okay. I know how scary it is to wait for the news about someone you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Hello friends! I am back to catch up with you all today! Since the beginning of school, things have been crazy. I have decided to embrace crazy as my new norm!
I had another great week on IP. This week I lost another 2.8 lbs....bringing me to 60lbs....YAHOOO!! On April 15th, I weighed 196.6, today I weigh 136.0! Terri Pelagatti Renwick you were the very person who told me last April, that I could most definitely lose 60 lbs in six months....I did not believe you, but promised I would give it my all. THANK YOU, Terri!
This week was my first week on Phase 2. Now that I am well within the normal range for fat, the weight loss has slowed. I am surprised that my body responded to Phase 2 with a more rapid loss. Somedays I actually had my chicken soup WITH my lunchtime protein. My goal is to stay on P2 until I hit 131. My goal is 134, but that will give me my 3 lb buffer for the expected 3 lb weight gain in P3. I am over the moon happy, healthy and just so very excited. I am so thankful to all of you who have been there every step of the way. This journey will never end, but I am loving it!!! I wish everyone a sparkling day! For those of you who are newish...stay with the program.....I never really could believe that I could be thin again...it happens faster than you know. (Terri, you told me this!) For those of you at or near maintenance, please stay with us. We all need your guidance and support! Love and sparkles to you all!!!
You are almost there! Whoo Hoo!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Wuv Wrote:
New path isn't going anywhere!!...she is here FOREVER...lol...I, myself, neither saw myself losing this kinda weight and being SKINNY...I have NEVER in my life been Skinny!!...this is a wild ride for sure!

It is a wild and crazy ride for sure. The ride and the journey will never end.....I find comfort in that! I am FOREVER.....and everyday, the first thing I do is feel my hip bones and thank God for my amazing strength and perserverence!

Starshine Wrote:
Ah, NewPath, this makes me so happy. Like you, I just never saw myself really losing weight again, and I'm on this journey doing it! Thank you! And thanks for staying on when you get into maintenance!

Starshine....look at you go!!!! Keep it up!!! You are doing so very well, doesn't it all just work so beautifully well!!!? Congrats!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #19  

DanafromAustin Wrote:
You are almost there! Whoo Hoo![/QUOTE]
Dana, THANK YOU!!!!!! I am almost there. How are YOU doing. YOU who has almost lost 100 pounds!!!!! OMGoodness, You are amazing!!!

Last edited by NewPath; 10-06-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
My DD and I are headed out in the cold for a pumpkin walk and a hike with her girl scout troop. Ordered pizza for the boys since we will be out of the house and AWAY from it but, ordered a nice salad for me to have once we get home. I will have a nice HealthSmart mint hot chocolate with my salad. Have a fantastic afternoon everyone!
Oooh, it sounds like you have planned special for YOU too!!! Great job! What is and where do you get the HealthSmart mint hot chocolate? Yummo.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #21  

Quote:
DanafromAustin Wrote:
You are almost there! Whoo Hoo!
Dana, THANK YOU!!!!!! I am almost there. How are YOU doing. YOU who has almost lost 100 pounds!!!!! OMGoodness, You are amazing!!![/QUOTE]
Thank you. Going through a bit of a rough patch right now at home which is making it very difficult to concentrate on my diet and get this done. Hopefully in the next week or two things will settle down and I won't be so stressed and pulled in so many directions that I can once again focus on me, and get these last 20 pounds off once and for all.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Dana, THANK YOU!!!!!! I am almost there. How are YOU doing. YOU who has almost lost 100 pounds!!!!! OMGoodness, You are amazing!!!
Thank you. Going through a bit of a rough patch right now at home which is making it very difficult to concentrate on my diet and get this done. Hopefully in the next week or two things will settle down and I won't be so stressed and pulled in so many directions that I can once again focus on me, and get these last 20 pounds off once and for all.[/QUOTE]

Sweet Dana, I know what you mean. It's hard to stay focused on US and our diet, when there's a million balls in the air and they're pulling us in different and somewhat stressful ways. You have done AMAZING to say the least and continue to be a champion of encouragement for all of us here! Thank you and I hope things get better soon!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thank you. Going through a bit of a rough patch right now at home which is making it very difficult to concentrate on my diet and get this done. Hopefully in the next week or two things will settle down and I won't be so stressed and pulled in so many directions that I can once again focus on me, and get these last 20 pounds off once and for all.[/QUOTE]

Dana,
I will pray that life settles around you soon. This journey is so much easier when we have time to take care of ourselves and treat our bodies like temples. When life gets filled with stress and we are pulled in so many directions, we get stressed and anxious because we have no time to treat our bodies well...like sleeping regular hours, and relaxing at some point every day. (After summer break was over, I really learned how much harder it is to stay true to myself when EVERYBODY is placing demands on me.) I am working on making time for myself. I hope that you can get some time really soon. You look amazing. I am sorry that you are being pulled in so many directions...... : (
Love and Hugs to YOU!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #24  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:

Starshine....look at you go!!!! Keep it up!!! You are doing so very well, doesn't it all just work so beautifully well!!!? Congrats!
Thanks! I am keeping it up! Trying to figure out Phase 4 for Vegetarians too. And it does work beautifully! Someone asked if I had been on a diet since I saw her last (lMay) and I said, no, only for the last two months, and she was amazed, and asked for info on the diet.

Thanks for all your inspiration!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
HUGE good news - I just got off the phone with my mother in law, she is HOME and they are going to do the gallbladder surgery and an ERCP (scope) as an outpatient next week. She still has to go for bloodwork every day till Tuesday (just to make sure her liver enzymes don't go up too badly) but at least she can rest in her own house, sleep in her own bed, and not be stuck at the hospital. YAY!

This is fabulous news!

Quote:
Hello friends! I am back to catch up with you all today! Since the beginning of school, things have been crazy. I have decided to embrace crazy as my new norm!
I had another great week on IP. This week I lost another 2.8 lbs....bringing me to 60lbs....YAHOOO!! On April 15th, I weighed 196.6, today I weigh 136.0! Terri Pelagatti Renwick you were the very person who told me last April, that I could most definitely lose 60 lbs in six months....I did not believe you, but promised I would give it my all. THANK YOU, Terri!
This week was my first week on Phase 2. Now that I am well within the normal range for fat, the weight loss has slowed. I am surprised that my body responded to Phase 2 with a more rapid loss. Somedays I actually had my chicken soup WITH my lunchtime protein. My goal is to stay on P2 until I hit 131. My goal is 134, but that will give me my 3 lb buffer for the expected 3 lb weight gain in P3. I am over the moon happy, healthy and just so very excited. I am so thankful to all of you who have been there every step of the way. This journey will never end, but I am loving it!!! I wish everyone a sparkling day! For those of you who are newish...stay with the program.....I never really could believe that I could be thin again...it happens faster than you know. (Terri, you told me this!) For those of you at or near maintenance, please stay with us. We all need your guidance and support! Love and sparkles to you all!!!
WOW...you are quite an inspiration and love seeing the transformation you have made...thanks for sharing pictures.

So I went to the purse party and I had a bit of an NSV. They had juices, better than sex cake and some kind of oatmeal peanut butter cake. I didn't even look at it. And when the host offered it around I just said "no thanks." I had a cup of black coffee and then pulled my water bottle from my purse. I did buy myself a new purse and it was nice to socialize for a bit.

We stopped at the store on the way home...my dh had to buy new underwear...his are falling off of him!!! WOOOO HOOO...I tried to get him to go for the man bikini...he just rolled his eyes at me. bwahahaahaha
Old 10-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post

This is fabulous news!

WOW...you are quite an inspiration and love seeing the transformation you have made...thanks for sharing pictures.

So I went to the purse party and I had a bit of an NSV. They had juices, better than sex cake and some kind of oatmeal peanut butter cake. I didn't even look at it. And when the host offered it around I just said "no thanks." I had a cup of black coffee and then pulled my water bottle from my purse. I did buy myself a new purse and it was nice to socialize for a bit.

We stopped at the store on the way home...my dh had to buy new underwear...his are falling off of him!!! WOOOO HOOO...I tried to get him to go for the man bikini...he just rolled his eyes at me. bwahahaahaha
Momma Hen, My goal is to inspire like I have been so inspired by all of you! My pic is not recent, as it was taken in June. My phone is not easy to use to take pics. I must get some updated photos done this weekend. You look absolutely beautiful in both of your pictures. I must say, you look much happier and healthier in your newer-you photo. You are a drop dead beautiful woman....can you imagine how you will look just a few short months from now?!!!! How fun is that!
I must ask you, where was this photo taken. There is something very special that I see in the background of your first photo. I see lake diamonds sparkling all over the place. Lake diamonds and sea diamonds are my very favorite, most special, things to watch in nature. It is like mother nature is just shining down and spreading those beautiful diamonds all over the water. I love to kayak among them, swim into them, and float upon them. I think that you mentioned you were in Canada. We have a place way up in VT on Lake Champlain...those are my favorite lake diamonds!
I hope that you have a sparkly day, Momma Hen!

I wish there was a "sparkly" smilie!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post

AWESOME JOB! And you totally had the right approach - it was about the socializing (and the purses!), NOT the food. Way to go!!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #28  

Height: 5'4"

Awesome job Mommahen! NewPath, my new mint cocoa is from nashua but I goofed. It contains aspartame. I need to double check next time. I did drink it today and it was delicious! I also bought the regular hot chocolate that I will add peppermint extract to. You are doing great! Keep us updated!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Sweet Dana, I know what you mean. It's hard to stay focused on US and our diet, when there's a million balls in the air and they're pulling us in different and somewhat stressful ways. You have done AMAZING to say the least and continue to be a champion of encouragement for all of us here! Thank you and I hope things get better soon!
Quote:
Dana,
I will pray that life settles around you soon. This journey is so much easier when we have time to take care of ourselves and treat our bodies like temples. When life gets filled with stress and we are pulled in so many directions, we get stressed and anxious because we have no time to treat our bodies well...like sleeping regular hours, and relaxing at some point every day. (After summer break was over, I really learned how much harder it is to stay true to myself when EVERYBODY is placing demands on me.) I am working on making time for myself. I hope that you can get some time really soon. You look amazing. I am sorry that you are being pulled in so many directions...... : (
Love and Hugs to YOU!!!!
Thank you both SO much for your kind words. To say this past year has been challenging health wise in my family would be an understatement, but I held on and still continued to lose weight. However this coming week some of those health concerns are going to be dealt with, and my resources are just about tapped out which has caused me to lose focus on my diet. Hopefully my family will finally get some good news and I can relax once again and just focus on me. At times like this I find maintaining is just as important as losing.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Momma Hen, My goal is to inspire like I have been so inspired by all of you! My pic is not recent, as it was taken in June. My phone is not easy to use to take pics. I must get some updated photos done this weekend. You look absolutely beautiful in both of your pictures. I must say, you look much happier and healthier in your newer-you photo. You are a drop dead beautiful woman....can you imagine how you will look just a few short months from now?!!!! How fun is that!
I must ask you, where was this photo taken. There is something very special that I see in the background of your first photo. I see lake diamonds sparkling all over the place. Lake diamonds and sea diamonds are my very favorite, most special, things to watch in nature. It is like mother nature is just shining down and spreading those beautiful diamonds all over the water. I love to kayak among them, swim into them, and float upon them. I think that you mentioned you were in Canada. We have a place way up in VT on Lake Champlain...those are my favorite lake diamonds!
I hope that you have a sparkly day, Momma Hen!

I wish there was a "sparkly" smilie!
Awe...thank you so much for the lovely compliments, that just made my day and brought tears to my eyes. THANK YOU! You are right about the water...that is the Pacific Ocean behind me in that picture. Right in the middle of the San Juan Islands between Washington state and Vancouver Is. BC. We were returning from visiting friends who live on VI. I was stationed on Whidbey Island years ago and I hold that part of the country in a very special place in my heart. You mentioned kayaking and one of my goals is to kayak up there next June when we go back to visit. I know I am now in a place where by next June I will be able to safely get into and out of a kayak and actually move myself around on the water. I used to kayak on the lakes around here, but have always wanted to kayak on the ocean around those islands...I will be doing that in June!

Quote:
AWESOME JOB! And you totally had the right approach - it was about the socializing (and the purses!), NOT the food. Way to go!!
Thank you! You are sooo right...it is not about food, but about friendships. Oh...and shopping too.

[QUOTE=Hgamroth;4490311]Awesome job Mommahen!

Thank you too!! Sounds like you are having a better weekend too. My stepson lives in Laramie and is very active...always climbing something or running races up mountains. Laramie is a great place to live if you like all that outdoorsy stuff. Snow shoeing sounds fun!

This message board continues to amaze me each day...the love and support that we all show each other is second to none. I am blessed to have found it and know that it has been a part of my success over the past few weeks. Today I am on day 25 of my IP journey and I am proud to say it has all been 100% OP.
Closed Thread