Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #196  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

A quick question about the spinach smoothie. Will it keep for a few hours? I am really not a breakfast person. (I know, I know, but I've tried and I am just hungry ALL day.) I would like to make it around 7:00, but not drink it until around lunch. Do you think it will last?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #197  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
A quick question about the spinach smoothie. Will it keep for a few hours? I am really not a breakfast person. (I know, I know, but I've tried and I am just hungry ALL day.) I would like to make it around 7:00, but not drink it until around lunch. Do you think it will last?
I make one in the morning to have for lunch and it lasts fine.

Hello everyone, busy week for me so trying hard to catch up on this thread. I had my WI yesterday and it was a 2 lb gain but down in inches. I've been OP so no worries there but retaining fluids. The day before I drank 5 liters (2 more than usual) but didn't need any more trips to the bathroom. Then the morning of WI I had a headache so did the salt lick with a bunch of water which I also kept on board. I'm in the last week before my 3-month injection and the same trend happened then only this gain was bigger. Oh well, I'm thinking there will be a big chance for a lose next week.

I start phase 2 on Saturday in preparation for my cruise in Sept. I'm already checking out which of LizRR's phase 3 breakfasts to put on the menu. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to get more meat prepped for lunches in phase 2. I'm actually going to miss the ease of packets for lunch.

I hope your week ends well and that I have more time to catch up on the weekend.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'5

Me and my family go to a cabin Labor Day weekend every year and I will be at the end of week 6. I told them I cannot drink and the response was you can to drink. I said ok, I can drink, but I chose not to because I want this to work for me. I have a hard time understanding why someone would go through this diet and then cheat, why bother with it then?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #199  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Send that rain right on up to the Midwest. Drought is BAD! Food prices are gonna skyrocket!

I'm having a super hungry day.
100% all the way no matter what.

Lunch never filled me up and I was hungry all afternoon. It didn't help that this is one of the few days I DID NOT bring extra veggies in addition to my IP soup with veggie puree. I also didn't have any of the salty crunchy restricteds with me today. I would have had my 3rd packet early, just to relieve the "hungries". Had the Salt/Vinegar packet with some cucumber when I got home but also had a HUGE salad for dinner with my meat and veggies. At least my tummy isn't growling anymore.

So, my body said "feed me" and I told it no. Just like a toddler, it will learn the rules. But I'm NOT giving in!

In about an hour, I'll have a collagen packet (it'll be the blu/pom if I don't make the jello soon).

And just so you know, I LOVE having a thread where I know nobody will be talking about cheats. I just didn't need to hear it today, when I'm really hungry but staying OP no matter what.
wish i COULD send the to you!!!!! more on the horizon no doubt with issac looming!!

loved your toddler story!!! i could just hear you!! NO!!!

I LOVE THIS THREAD TOO!

don't forget to dance today!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #200  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, well it looks like we're in Isaac's path for landfall, on the right side of the storm, which is the bad side. We'll get the rain, high winds and possible tornadoes. We've been getting the alerts to start prepping for the upcoming storm. Gonna be a busy weekend! Have a great day all! BTW, I'm in Panama City, home of the beautiful white sand beaches!

Last edited by shathom; 08-24-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #201  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Found a 100% OP dining out win last night! Applebee's grilled shrimp and spinach salad (with roasted red peppers and red onion) - I had them use only oil on the shrimp (blamed it on a dairy allergy!), no dressing and no nuts. They lightly tossed the salad in some oil and I added salt and lemon juice. DEEELISH! Though I think next time I'll ask for double shrimp, I don't think it was quite enough protein. It was SOOOO good compared to my last few restaurant experiences!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #202  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, well it looks like we're in Isaac's path for landfall, on the right side of the storm, which is the bad side. We'll get the rain, high winds and possible tornadoes. We've been getting the alerts to start prepping for the upcoming storm. Gonna be a busy weekend! Have a great day all! BTW, I'm in Panama City, home of the beautiful white sand beaches!
be safe lovely lady!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Found a 100% OP dining out win last night! Applebee's grilled shrimp and spinach salad (with roasted red peppers and red onion) - I had them use only oil on the shrimp (blamed it on a dairy allergy!), no dressing and no nuts. They lightly tossed the salad in some oil and I added salt and lemon juice. DEEELISH! Though I think next time I'll ask for double shrimp, I don't think it was quite enough protein. It was SOOOO good compared to my last few restaurant experiences!
WOOHOO!!! well done there sweet thing!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Stay safe, Shathom. Our family lives in Tampa and Lakeland.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Well, I hope you are safe through the storm!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Default Tom

So I got an unexpected visit from my buddy Tom today. Now I know why I have been sooo miserably tired. I just assumed that it was from starting back to school and getting up early. Today I feel incredibly weak and fuzzy....like I felt during the first few weeks on the plan. Suggestions?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #206  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hope you stay safe
Old 08-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Due to out of town work, I did not get to weigh in or purchase more food last week. This week I am down 4 pounds! I had not planned on being gone for so long, so I had to find a clinic in the town I was visiting that sold IP. They had a very limited selection, but I made it work. Now, after my visit to my clinic this week I am stocked and ready to be out of town for another two weeks!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #208  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy 100%ers! Another allergy day - but I am actually rounding the corner! Feeling MUCH better today than yesterday (which was the worst) - I guess it's just in time since my dad is leaving today, goodbye to my full time 'Manny'!

I have my first Phase 3 Weigh In today, I moved it from 1pm to 4:45pm on Fridays, as I'm moving jobs - and plantsites - soon. My current job is REALLY close - so squeezing it in over my lunch was no big deal. My new job is ~20 minutes away. So at least now I can leave work @ 3pm (the usual time), pick up my son, get home & do some light chores, & drive down to my appointment in time with him @ 4:45pm

Heading North to South - New Work, Daycare, Home, Old Work, Doctor are all along the same highway, ~20 minutes apart at the farthest point, so nothing really out of the way. My inlaws actually live close to my Doctor so I could probably drop him off there before my appointment - they would LOVE that!

This week had me actually dropping over 2lb according to my home scale, then this morning I had a 4lb gain - which I've been expecting in Phase 3, so no surprise. I WAS surprised though when I got some early spotting - I actually skipped my last TOM and I guess my HORRORmones are still all crazy out of whack right now. I am curious how it all shakes out next week - as in addition to TOM, I have been crazy allergy sick all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I am so looking forward to phase 3 so I can make all of Liz's fabulous desert recipes. =)

Only 19-20 weeks to go...
LOL - it will be worth the wait! This morning I made a double serving of Peach & Apricot Cheesecake - the best one yet. I am still playing around with different ingredients & fillings - at first I was more concerned with the "stats" of carb/protein/fat/calories - now I'm taking a closer look at ingredients and trying to shift more towards the 'whole foods' (aka, low fat ricotta only has 5 ingredients, all of them I can pronounce whereas some of the other lower fat dairy options are more 'complicated' and have very close "stats").

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Good morning!!! Sun is shining in Saskatchewan and harvest is in full swing! LizzRR - I hope your allergies settle soon! I'm in full gear as well with harvest going strong!! I live on aerius right now, it's the only thing that keeps me sane!

Going to take the kids swimming today!!! My suit is falling off, im too "frugal" as LizzRR puts it to buy another one this late in the season Have a great day everyone!
The allergies are finally calming down some! Just in time since my dad left for San Antonio this morning - SO GLAD he was here this week! And be careful with that swimsuit - I actually had to breakdown and get a new one, I was in grave danger of a 'swimsuit malfunction'! Don't turn your swim into a peep show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I had a good IP day. Earlier this week, I made some homemade bread for the family, and the thought of that bread has been tormenting me! Note to self, don't make bread until phase 4! I've baked cakes, cookies, and other sweet things before and have never been bothered by it. But the fresh bread was brutal. Of course, I didn't eat any. My will power is too strong to give in to temptation! 100% all the way!!!!!
LOL, I make bread for my hubby & son on occasion. The first time I made garlic & parmesan early in my IP career I had to leave the house for a few hours (the smell was too much). I think I am immune now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Way to go on the willpower! I have to bake a LOT (I run a small baking business out of my house) and most days the cakes don't phase me....but I haven't dared make bread in a while!
I have a few baking/custard questions for you Mrs. Baker. I may jump it over to the Phase 3 thread sometime soon and let you know so we can banter some ideas and leave this thread 'clean'. Think of it as an investment in your Phase 3/Phase 4 recipe box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I start phase 2 on Saturday in preparation for my cruise in Sept. I'm already checking out which of LizRR's phase 3 breakfasts to put on the menu. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to get more meat prepped for lunches in phase 2. I'm actually going to miss the ease of packets for lunch.
I've been keeping lunchtime very similar to Phase 1. I still prepared my puree on Sunday - although I need to remember to make enough for 2 cups at lunch (I used to have 1 cup at lunch + my 1 cup breakfast smoothie), and I get a chicken breast in the work caf chopped up I mix in with my mashed fauxtato puree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
So I got an unexpected visit from my buddy Tom today. Now I know why I have been sooo miserably tired. I just assumed that it was from starting back to school and getting up early. Today I feel incredibly weak and fuzzy....like I felt during the first few weeks on the plan. Suggestions?
LOL - I just got a visit too! Hate that guy TOM! I actually skipped last month - and got some spotting this morning, which helps explains some of my overnight 4lb gain, not really concerned, especially since I've been waiting for the gain in Phase 3 (7 days now, knew to expect the 3-5lb gain), but wondering how things will shake up once this week of HORRORmones is over. At least now you have another clue as to your freak out inducing gain a few days ago....now I hope you learn your lesson THIS time to trust the protocol!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #209  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

LizRR - I'll look for you in the other thread...I'll do my best, custard is not my STRONGEST point but I have baked a fair number of cheesecakes in my time
Old 08-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #210  

Good morning IPeeps!! TGIF!! It's been a quiet week here for me, getting R and R on a staycation at home with the kids! Quiet except for their fighting! LOL! We didn't do the pool yesterday, we stayed home and built a volcano!! Today looks like a good pool day!!

Looks like I'm rehydrating well, scale ups 3 lbs. LOL! Well I expected it. You can't lose 5 lbs in one day on week 15!! Thank you Norwalk, now I'm rehydrating well. Still down the 7 lbs and another 2 lbs from last weeks vacation, so I'm happy!!

Next week we're off on another week of vacation to camp at a northern lake! Weather forecast is sunshine!! I chopped TONS of veggies last night and prepared in 2 cup baggies for beach days. I need a break from salad! I will get the camper packed tomorrow. I love this last week of summer before the fall school routine starts, although I'm looking forward to it.

Stay safe all you Isaac storm folks!!!
Closed Thread