Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #46  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
well bless your sweet heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait until this long long long day is O-V-E-R!!! haha

hows your week been???
It's been pretty good. Vacation last week had challenges which landed me with a shrimp salad for breakfast one day LOL - it worked.
I ordered some arm compressors today http://www.amazon.com/Shapewear-Slim..._sim_sbs_hpc_7 Obviously not my size linked, but they go up to 5X. Thought I'd try and stabilize the jiggle as I go. I got the idea from a friend who lost >100 pounds. I figure I'll support the belly & thigh skin, might as well support the arms too. Not sure these are "all that" but thought I'd give 'em a whirl.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #47  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
I have felt the need to pout profusely but will try to reel in that temptation and put on a happy face.
but i bet you look so sexy cute with pouty lips!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #48  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
It's been pretty good. Vacation last week had challenges which landed me with a shrimp salad for breakfast one day LOL - it worked.
I ordered some arm compressors today http://www.amazon.com/Shapewear-Slim..._sim_sbs_hpc_7 Obviously not my size linked, but they go up to 5X. Thought I'd try and stabilize the jiggle as I go. I got the idea from a friend who lost >100 pounds. I figure I'll support the belly & thigh skin, might as well support the arms too. Not sure these are "all that" but thought I'd give 'em a whirl.
well those are cool....i never saw those before!! never even knew they made things like that!!! awesome!!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #49  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
My son and I have Norwalk. Stomach flu coming out both ends. I have lost a lot of water today and can't keep anything down. I have lost 4 lbs today and that's not good. I'm worried and scared. What should I do? I'm going to try sips of Protidiet chicken noodle soup with added salt. Any other ideas? I have had zero to eat or drink today and I'm weak. Thanks. Just kept down one glass of water just now so here's hoping.
My boys have some Gatorade like stuff that only has 20cal called G2. I went digging in the recycling to find the info for you: fat 0g, sodium 115mg,carb 5g, sugar 5g, protein 0g. I think you need to have liquids if they'll stay down so maybe a drink like that will get you some electrolytes or whatever will help you over the sickness
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

For the past 3 nights I have not wanted to eat my last packet. What is up with that? I do not feel hungry lately. I do not think I did anything to knock myself out of ketosis but maybe that is it and I am back in ketosis. Weird.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #51  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
For the past 3 nights I have not wanted to eat my last packet. What is up with that? I do not feel hungry lately. I do not think I did anything to knock myself out of ketosis but maybe that is it and I am back in ketosis. Weird.
Well send your pack my way -- will taste better than my burnt zuchinni chips! LOL...
Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #52  
Diane on track July 2014

NSV -- I added 20 more pounds to take off my end goal to my ticker thingy. It doesn't look as pretty now, as I'm only half way to my goal, not almost there, but I feel better that I've made a bigger committment to me. Guess I better pass on eating that extra pack I was trying to steal from Hgamroth!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #53  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well send your pack my way -- will taste better than my burnt zuchinni chips! LOL...
lol! I remember saying that when I would read about newbies not being hungry. I truly wanted to smack them! I don't know what my deal is.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #54  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Welcome back for your reboot. It's great to see old familiar names again. I just got back on phase 1 a week ago, and not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.
That's encouraging news. I spent the weekend reminding myself that I'm phasing off for vacation because I don't want the bother of packaged foods and to have a few relaxing drinks, maybe a dessert or two. But I'm not phasing off to go on a binge that I'll then pay for long after. I think phase 1 was easier for me the first time because of foods I naturally stay away from and I'm hoping it will be the same again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
good thing about having an OFF week, is that it's over in a week...
bring on the NEW WEEK!!

posted a 1.7 gain this past week...real bummer...

stayed OP for the most part, a few extra packets and a few more "extras" than usual, but otherwise my week was not much different than the past 15 weeks, so not exactly sure why the gain. i didn't over exert, i think i got in most of my water

Phmmmmmp.....so bring on the new week....its a NEW DAY, A NEW WEEK, A NEW ME!!
I find it amazing how different my body copes with being off schedule. Even The weekends become a challenge with different timing of water and meals. But you're doing great so far so shake last week off and move it forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
My son and I have Norwalk. Stomach flu coming out both ends. I have lost a lot of water today and can't keep anything down. I have lost 4 lbs today and that's not good. I'm worried and scared. What should I do? I'm going to try sips of Protidiet chicken noodle soup with added salt. Any other ideas? I have had zero to eat or drink today and I'm weak. Thanks. Just kept down one glass of water just now so here's hoping.
Sorry to hear. Great suggestions out there for you. Electrolytes are the biggest thing as prolonged dehydration will make you feel even sicker. Power aide zero works for me. Then beef or chicken broth will start adding back bits of protein. Egg doesn't do well for me on a sick stomach but try adding in bits of chicken when you feel up to it.

Quote:
So today was a new weigh-in day at a new weigh-in time because I had to change coaches so it was a shortened week. Had we weighed me yesterday I would have been down a lovely 2 lbs. But my body decided that wasn't meant to be and by the time I went to bed last night I had water retention and the big C rearing their ugly heads. So my first WI with my new coach saw me up .8 lb. The reality is that I am 100% and have been since day 1 so I have no reason to feel ashamed for having a gain the first day with a new coach. She told me I must have had to many carbs for my lean mass to have gone up and that would explain the gain...not sure that I agree with her considering I measure everything...if she looked back at my chart she would see I have been experiencing gains in lean mass off and on most likely due to my activity level and the additional protein packet to support that activity. I am not devastated but I am not thrilled about this week and will stick it out with her for a couple more weigh-ins. I think I must be HORROR-MOAN-al which may be why it is bothering me...low tolerance day. I WANT my old coach back...I think I will have to tell her husband he has to give her back...I work with him. I have felt the need to pout profusely but will try to reel in that temptation and put on a happy face.

So searching for my smaller big girl panties...and changing my focus back to my mini goal of being to 150 by around 8/31/12. That is better than my first reaction of pretending today's WI didn't even happen. So here's to continuing this journey through celebrations and frustrations...100% all the way.
I know it can be a struggle to keep a positive face when others are bringing you down. You are doing a great job at knowing what is going on with your body, trust that. As for the coach, she may not be aware of how hard she is coming across. It could be that she is nervous about being your new coach and trying show off her skills to you, especially since you got along so well with your old coach.

I'm still struggling with a headache this week and job stress won't help this week. I'm looking forward to a massage on Thursday and I'm golfing Tuesday night for some R&R.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for your support. So better news from today...my 50 lbs lost reward came in the mail today. I am not quite there yet so I will hang it in my closet and hope I make it next Monday.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230824735294...#ht_597wt_1165
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #56  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Quote:
Thank you all for your support. So better news from today...my 50 lbs lost reward came in the mail today. I am not quite there yet so I will hang it in my closet and hope I make it next Monday.

LOL! I love it Meadow. You will be sporting that next week. I'm sure of it.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Very funny, and appropriate!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #58  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. I had my 17th WI today and for the first time I had a .4 lb gain, bummer. My scale said I was down 2 lbs and I go to my WI 2 hours later and was up. I do have TOM which was pretty bad this time and has been around for 8 days. Also my Father-in-law passed away and we had services this week which messed up my work schedule. Also, had company for three days which also threw off my eating schedule. Ok, so maybe a little stress. I'll quit whining and just continue on. One other week when I only had a .4 lb loss was graduation week for my son and wasn't able to get all my food in which was the case this week too. It's something, when you don't eat enough and your losses are less. I did buy some size 12 pants (was 22) and medium tops this weekend which was great. Thanks for listening to my rambling, I need to get to bed!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Hello everyone. I had my 17th WI today and for the first time I had a .4 lb gain, bummer. My scale said I was down 2 lbs and I go to my WI 2 hours later and was up. I do have TOM which was pretty bad this time and has been around for 8 days. Also my Father-in-law passed away and we had services this week which messed up my work schedule. Also, had company for three days which also threw off my eating schedule. Ok, so maybe a little stress. I'll quit whining and just continue on. One other week when I only had a .4 lb loss was graduation week for my son and wasn't able to get all my food in which was the case this week too. It's something, when you don't eat enough and your losses are less. I did buy some size 12 pants (was 22) and medium tops this weekend which was great. Thanks for listening to my rambling, I need to get to bed!
Beck, you are really getting close! If you average all your losses you may feel a little better. Keep moving forward, anD be sure to eat all you food
Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #60  
Diane on track July 2014

NSV I'm 100% for 2 days in a row + a breakfast and am on day 3 of no caffeine! ... Okay, so some of us have smaller goals! LOL . Being 100% has to start somewhere!
Closed Thread