Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, well it looks like we're in Isaac's path for landfall, on the right side of the storm, which is the bad side. We'll get the rain, high winds and possible tornadoes. We've been getting the alerts to start prepping for the upcoming storm. Gonna be a busy weekend! Have a great day all! BTW, I'm in Panama City, home of the beautiful white sand beaches!
I am thinking of you! I sure hope the storm does not hit you. But either way, someone will get hammered, I'm sure.

Good luck!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #212  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Found a 100% OP dining out win last night! Applebee's grilled shrimp and spinach salad (with roasted red peppers and red onion) - I had them use only oil on the shrimp (blamed it on a dairy allergy!), no dressing and no nuts. They lightly tossed the salad in some oil and I added salt and lemon juice. DEEELISH! Though I think next time I'll ask for double shrimp, I don't think it was quite enough protein. It was SOOOO good compared to my last few restaurant experiences!
That is my favorite Applebees choice! Nice job.

Thinking of all of you in the southeast.

LizRR--My hubby and 3 year old are dealing with allergies right now too and it is NO FUN. Hope you start feeling better soon.

mompattie--I had to check out Rickies clothing because of you post. I am hooked!!! Thanks!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #213  

Hgamroth - Ricki's is THE BEST!! Love their clothes! And no that I can fit into them, it's even sweeter than just dreaming!!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #214  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Good morning all, well it looks like we're in Isaac's path for landfall, on the right side of the storm, which is the bad side. We'll get the rain, high winds and possible tornadoes. We've been getting the alerts to start prepping for the upcoming storm. Gonna be a busy weekend! Have a great day all! BTW, I'm in Panama City, home of the beautiful white sand beaches!
looks like its coming straight for MS now....until it hits the Gulf its kinda no way to tell where the **** its going....I am prepared...bring it on!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #215  

I had a coworker who hasn't seen me since May tell me how great I look and ask "What are you doing? Some crazy low-carb fad-thing?" I paused and then replied with "I am eating healthy, tracking what I eat, and not putting any CRAP that I used to eat into my mouth." She smiled, said I looked fantastic and dropped the subject and I did not expand further.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I had a coworker who hasn't seen me since May tell me how great I look and ask "What are you doing? Some crazy low-carb fad-thing?" I paused and then replied with "I am eating healthy, tracking what I eat, and not putting any CRAP that I used to eat into my mouth." She smiled, said I looked fantastic and dropped the subject and I did not expand further.
GREAT reponse. And it is all true!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #217  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

TGIF, IPeeps! Made it through the first week of classes!

This is the first week for me to be back to regular school while on IP. I began in mid-June. But I'm making it work by preparing all my veggies for a quick run home for lunch. It's hard getting in all the water on teaching days, though, so I'm drinking mostly at in late afternoon and evening and then up every 2 hours at night for a trip to the loo.

I'm getting ready to post pictures, finally. Just have to figure it out.

NSV - I tried on "very small" jeans that I kept, even though I hadn't worn them for over 10 years! Tonight I ironed a few pairs of pants that I really liked - 15 years ago... Feels great!

Tomorrow I'll drive to Dallas. 2 months ago was my first driving trip on IP and my first restaurant experience. I was really scared. Now, traveling on IP is just a normal thing for me.

Quote:
Oh, Shathom, take care. I'll keep you and all in the path of Isaac in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Found a 100% OP dining out win last night! Applebee's grilled shrimp and spinach salad (with roasted red peppers and red onion)
Thanks for the tip! I had a very good steak there when I was traveling in upstate NY last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
Due to out of town work, I did not get to weigh in or purchase more food last week. This week I am down 4 pounds! I had not planned on being gone for so long, so I had to find a clinic in the town I was visiting that sold IP. They had a very limited selection, but I made it work. Now, after my visit to my clinic this week I am stocked and ready to be out of town for another two weeks!
Great loss for an out of town trip! ooh, I hate when that happens. I had one trip this summer that went longer than I expected. I had enough food, but it wasn't the food I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Next week we're off on another week of vacation to camp at a northern lake! Weather forecast is sunshine!! I chopped TONS of veggies last night and prepared in 2 cup baggies for beach days. I need a break from salad! I will get the camper packed tomorrow. I love this last week of summer before the fall school routine starts, although I'm looking forward to it. Stay safe all you Isaac storm folks!!!
How lovely that you get another week at the lake! Have a great time!

OK, now to figure out the picture thing....
Old 08-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #218  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Be safe!

Busy day today and on top of that sharing my computer with my son as his died last week. Looks like we have to go computer shopping this weekend.

My scale finally moved this morning after a week of nothing. One thing I did yesterday was add some more fat to my diet, which seemed to make my body happy and so it rewarded me with a 1.5 pound drop on the scale over night. Come on century club...
I did go see my coach today, it's been several weeks since I was away on vacation and she was gone last week. I told her not to even bother weighing or measuring me as I'm still up, but hopefully by next week I'll be back down all the way. She was totally supportive and happy I was back and on phase 1 again. I love my coach!

Cindy: I love your new photo, you look great!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #219  

Hello I live in Wewahitchka, Fl and my Dr. is on Panama City Beach where I have started the IDP just this week. I love it cannot believe just in 4 days wow the change I'm seeing. Dr. Myra Reed is my Dr. she's great. And the coach she has doing this seems to be a good one. I go in Monday morning for my first weigh in.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #220  

Quote:
I'll take the "crazy" low carb thing any day over starving on some other diet!

NSV for me: REALLY need to do laundry. Going out. Needed something clean. Pulled out a pair of pants TWO sizes smaller than when I started IP on 7/31. they FIT and were not even tight!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-25-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #221  

Hello I started Tuesday and no cheat, cannot believe how my body is responding. Quick question, I'm wanting to add a egg white to the IP egg packet is it ok?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #222  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
Hello I started Tuesday and no cheat, cannot believe how my body is responding. Quick question, I'm wanting to add a egg white to the IP egg packet is it ok?
Yes, you can do that and one egg white doesn't count as part of your daily protein.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #223  

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm so excited about this program, cannot wait until Monday for my first weigh in and move that bee. Have a great weekend.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #224  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Wow people are so uneducated to what's healthy and what's not. If "some crazy low-carb fad thing" means not eating lots of food that is loaded with sugar, then yes, I'm on that type of diet.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #225  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Wow people are so uneducated to what's healthy and what's not. If "some crazy low-carb fad thing" means not eating lots of food that is loaded with sugar, then yes, I'm on that type of diet.
Exactly!!!! I'm making the transition from that kind of diet to a whole food diet for my family too. I'm weaning them off of processed high fat/carb foods to a healthier way of eating. I get some resistance from the kids, but I've won the battle against pop tarts for breakfast and have banned soft drinks from our house.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 08-25-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Closed Thread