Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I am so sorry you are having such trouble - I know there are colon cleansings that some clinics have. I've gotten a few Groupons for those but have never tried them, just throwing out random ideas. I truly hope you find a solution.
LizRR Do you use the WF salad dressings? I do not plan on using the restricteds but would like to experiment with the WF dressings. I need a little "spice" .
Old 05-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!!
Good luck Busymom! Please keep us posted, you are in my prayers!

I don't know if this counts as not being 100% but I slipped yesterday and had an extra IP product (total 4) and in was another restricted which made two for the day. We had Bar Mitzvah celebrations all day and I took an extra bar just in case I became tempted last night and I was so I chose the IP bar to stay safe. Am I still able to say I am 100% or do I get kicked out of the club?
I wish everyone an OP day!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #258  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Don't worry, you're officially still in, LOL. The day of my son's Bar Mitzvah (last fall) was the day I had two restricteds too with my coach's blessing. Better to go a little over on IP products than fall off the wagon all together.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Don't worry, you're officially still in, LOL. The day of my son's Bar Mitzvah (last fall) was the day I had two restrict eds too with my coach's blessing. Better to go a little over on IP products than fall off the wagon all together.
I still don't feel comfortable posting in the 100% thread. I was so feed up with constipation while making Christmas dinner for everyone else that I ate two apples to see if it would help. Oh I also had a few diet Cokes that day too.

So I'm not 100% either but it could have been a lot worse. Now I am maintaining and still think I am cheating when I have a bit of fruit. My sister and her family are Jewish so we have all variety of holidays to celebrate.

We have 3 years to go before Bar and Bat Mitzvahs for my neice and nephew. They and my daughter have the same birthday. She said as soon as they were born that in March 2015 they would turn 13 and she would turn 40 so it will be a big blowout all around. I better still be at goal!

Pat

Last edited by patns; 05-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #260  

Thanks Pat and Dana for the understanding...
I am a gentile and I was so impressed with the Jewish culture and faith. It was a lovely eye opener for me how they include everyone and love their families! I have such respect!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I don't know how anyone else feels (by their definition of 100%), but if you're following the plan you're 100%. Pat, you had to modify some of your phasing off to suit your body complaints. COME BACK, or at least pop in and have your say. I seem so far (fingers crossed) to handle grain. I do notice a difference in sprouted grain and whole wheat/whole grain.

What I like about this thread is that people aren't in here talking about a planned cheat...or a massive cheat and then bragging about losing weight at the next weigh in. It's all how you mentally play the game and this is where I feel the most comfortable. Apparently I like rules and I thrive in a little box of rules, Phase 1 is a little box of rules "if you follow this you will lose weight at the fastest rate your body can take"

I had a planned cheat (boose at wi #12) only lost .2, decided there that I wouldn't do that again...but that doesn't mean I wasn't 100% focused and 100% determined. AND, my coach encouraged me to have a drink. (we have a special relationship). I didn't come on here and brag about my plans nor did I brag about my loss even with boose. I actually don't think I even figured it would effect me that much, learned afterwards what it does to your liver (it stops processing the fat stores and processes the boose so although you may lose, you've interupted the process to burn your fat stores)

I am only so strong in certain aspects (I've never said I was strong at all times everyday and every momment). I'll support you in getting back on the bandwagon but only when I'm strong. That means, I'll venture out into 'help me threads' or others when I'm strong to provide the pep talk. But if I'm struggling, I'm looking for others who are strong. I find those people here!

Darralyn, my coach had approved me for two restricted when required/needed. I did it once as an accident...at the beginning when I wasn't quite sure what was going on. Don't worry to much about it (but I wouldn't make it a habit) .

Just keep swimming.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #262  

Two of the four trips I am taking this summer will be planned cheats. The other two are shorter trips and really not worth it to go off plan. I will still consider myself 100% as Ishbel said because they will be planned cheats. I will phase off properly and get right back on phase 1 as soon as I return. I have been 100% since last September 17th, and by mid summer I will be more than ready to take my two planned breaks from IP. It's all in the planning I think.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Thanks Pat and Dana for the understanding...
I am a gentile and I was so impressed with the Jewish culture and faith. It was a lovely eye opener for me how they include everyone and love their families! I have such respect!
Glad you enjoyed the special day. I have never been so proud of my son as on that special day. He studied and worked hard for three years in Hebrew school, and then after the service we had a very fun party with friends and family to celebrate such a big milestone in his life. Everyone enjoyed the food and music, while I sipped away on my RTD.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #264  

Ishbel and Dana; again, thanks for clarifying and keeping me on track. I come here to be accountable and to be honest. I will talk to my coach in the futre for any planned deviations and come to the posts if I want to do a mindless cheat!! I still find it difficult to follow some days; I have emotional hunger often and maybe I need to open up a bit regarding that...but I don't know if this is an appropriate place for that. I have used food for just about every emotion most of my life and this is seeming to be the most difficult aspect for me. I also miss sweets; so these puddings and bars are real treats for me. What happens when you go back to real food and there are no more packets; can you continue doing a pudding each day to get your sweet fix?
Old 05-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
LizRR Do you use the WF salad dressings? I do not plan on using the restricteds but would like to experiment with the WF dressings. I need a little "spice" .
Why aren't you using the restricteds? Every part of the program is in it for a reason which has been carefully researched.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #266  

Okay, another question for the community. I did lose 3 lbs today, for a total of 26.6 in 5 weeks. That is the good news. The bad news is that my coach is concerned because I am still losing a lot of muscle. She once again increased my protein. I asked her if this was a problem and she said that I "could" be losing more fat. She said that I really need to eat, the minute I get up in the morning. She also wants me to have 2 egg whites mid-morning, and that is in addition to the extra egg I have at lunch. I have not heard anyone mention this. Is this unusual?
I am happy about my weight loss, while also a bit concerned about the loss of lean body mass. She is a very, very good coach. She asked me if I was skipping meals or not eating enough of my evening protein.
Up until this week I was limiting my protein to fish, eggs, and fish, with an occassional steak.

Last edited by NewPath; 05-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Why aren't you using the restricteds? Every part of the program is in it for a reason which has been carefully researched.
I have asked about them and was told that the longer I could hold off, the better. My coach said that they can slow down weight loss. I plan on putting some in my diet in the next few weeks.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I don't know how anyone else feels (by their definition of 100%), but if you're following the plan you're 100%. Pat, you had to modify some of your phasing off to suit your body complaints. COME BACK, or at least pop in and have your say. I seem so far (fingers crossed) to handle grain. I do notice a difference in sprouted grain and whole wheat/whole grain.

Just keep swimming.
Thanks neighbour to the east!!
Actually I was so thrilled to see how well you did phasing off because in some strange way it confirmed to me that my body didn't react to that part of the program in the usual way. I did fine until the end of phase 2; but phase 3 was a disaster for me so I had to change it.
I too am very rule driven.The first few days on phase 1 were terrible for me as I got severe migraines fron the sugar detox. But by day 5 I felt fantastic on phase 1 with incredible energy.
But as soon as I hit phase 3 I was totally drained of energy again. I can't handle grains or dairy so had to quickly move on to maintenance.
I will very carefully add some grains that I think are OK such as oatmeal. But I am going to add those things very carefully like they are outlined in the Carb sensitivity plan.

I was so happy to see how well you did phasing off while traveling for work. That is awesome! I do think the sprouted grain is a good choice for many people. I just love Ezekiel bread but it doesn't love me unfortunately.

Thank you so much for commenting on how I am going on now. It can be confusing for people who are early in the program to hear about the later phases (it sure was for me!) so I better not say too much about it away from the maintenance thread.
Pat
Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm happy to.report that i went don't think I'm empty but enough to not go back to the hospital, what a relief ( in more ways than one). Thank you all for the great support, it really means a lot to me (((hugs)))
Old 05-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Ishbell thank you for clarifying that so well. That is how I feel as well, it helped to hear it from you.

I'm happy to report that I lost 2.2 pounds and 1" off of my lower waist!

Wedding plans are moving along well, we have already found our church and reception site. On to dress shopping next weekend!

I hope you all are having lovely 100%OP Sunday! It's 68 and sunny here, yeah!
Closed Thread