Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
because if weight loss is the battle, maintenance is the war. We will always have to stay vigilant so we might as well learn to enjoy!
I couldn't agree with you more, Salmongirl! We might as well as get used to living with these new challenges, embracing them!

Last edited by MaMaZu; 05-14-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Well Sunday in finally winding down... As I was BF free this weekend. which was wonderful. I took my family skating last night... Just about 3 hours of non stop skating the just finished up a 2 hour practice.... The weather here is so amazing right now. But now the allergies are flaring up like crazy!!

You are looking amazing!!!! Glad to see things are going so well for you.

Pat
Old 05-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #123  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Sounds like some of you had a very nice Mother's day. We all went out for brunch and I was happy to have actually found some yummy things to eat at the buffet. My family from out of town kept saying how great I looked, and my mom actually told me that I shouldn't loose anymore than about another 20 to 30 pounds, tops. I can't remember the last time someone told me not to loose more than 30 pounds or I would look too thin. Can't wrap my mind around that one yet.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #124  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Sounds like some of you had a very nice Mother's day. We all went out for brunch and I was happy to have actually found some yummy things to eat at the buffet. My family from out of town kept saying how great I looked, and my mom actually told me that I shouldn't loose anymore than about another 20 to 30 pounds, tops. I can't remember the last time someone told me not to loose more than 30 pounds or I would look too thin. Can't wrap my mind around that one yet.
Dana.. sounds like you had a great day. It's nice too have our accomplishments recognized. I think those who know us best know how hard this has been for us and can really appreciate what it took for us to get as far as we are. Now.. dont get too skinny! (I cant even imagine being too skinny)
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

I had a nice mother's day too, weather ended up being super nice.

So you all know about my Big C problems and now i'm really fed up.
At this point i was looking to get the kit you use to empty yourself for a colonostomy test as (ok the rest is in white as its TMI and gross so read at your own risk, lol) I was able to go a tiny bit this morning but with great difficulty but its always very skinny which makes me think i might have a blokage somewhere which the poo has to get around. I also have tons of mucus and jelly type thing which i don't think is good. At this point i need something to unblock me totally as beside a tiny bit saturday (with the help of a suppository) and this morning, i haven't really gone since last wednesday.

Oh and i'm up another 0.6 so that's 2 whole lbs i put on in the past week..
Old 05-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning,

I had a nice mother's day too, weather ended up being super nice.

So you all know about my Big C problems and now i'm really fed up.
At this point i was looking to get the kit you use to empty yourself for a colonostomy test as (ok the rest is in white as its TMI and gross so read at your own risk, lol) I was able to go a tiny bit this morning but with great difficulty but its always very skinny which makes me think i might have a blokage somewhere which the poo has to get around. I also have tons of mucus and jelly type thing which i don't think is good. At this point i need something to unblock me totally as beside a tiny bit saturday (with the help of a suppository) and this morning, i haven't really gone since last wednesday.

Oh and i'm up another 0.6 so that's 2 whole lbs i put on in the past week..
You are so close to your goal...have you tried a stool softener? I too struggle with this and sometimes that is all that will help finally.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Great new pic Wuv!
Darralyn, just hang in there and keep your eye on the prize! I have found that I am enjoying this journey and that is good because if weight loss is the battle, maintenance is the war. We will always have to stay vigilant so we might as well learn to enjoy it.

Jelly, sounds like a nice day! Skating sounds like fun but we only have an outdoor ice rink here. No skating unless it is freesing outside!

I hope everyone had a happy moms day!
You are right; this is going to be for life and there will always be challenges so I guess this is the oportunity to build those muscles of resistance and learn from it and embrace it! Thanks so much for the new perspective! You are a Gem!!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
You are so close to your goal...have you tried a stool softener? I too struggle with this and sometimes that is all that will help finally.
I have tried everything and anything that is out there
Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #129  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Question Epsom salts

Quote:
I have tried everything and anything that is out there
Have you tried Epsom salt?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Have you tried Epsom salt?
What is that? I did try the salt flush with little result.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #131  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Dana.. sounds like you had a great day. It's nice too have our accomplishments recognized. I think those who know us best know how hard this has been for us and can really appreciate what it took for us to get as far as we are. Now.. dont get too skinny! (I cant even imagine being too skinny)
These people see me with my clothes on, I know what I really look like.
I have a ways to go before I'm too skinny, LOL.

Busy mom have you tried magnesium citrate? That's the first thing you start with when preparing for a colonoscopy. I have to have one very 5 years because my Dad died from colon cancer. The prep is nasty!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #132  

Quote:
Busy mom have you tried magnesium citrate? That's the first thing you start with when preparing for a colonoscopy. I have to have one very 5 years because my Dad died from colon cancer. The prep is nasty!
Yes i have tried that and didn't do anything.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Dana, Congrats on the compliments. It's really nice when those close to you are truly happy for you and can let you know that w/o any petty jealousies surfacing.

Quote:
Yes i have tried that and didn't do anything.
Have you tried Dulcolax? (drugstores, most grocery stores) I take 2 at once, probably once a week.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Another beautiful day here in Idaho! I love the sun!
I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #135  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well monday has arrived... And I am definitely in the I don't wanna go to work mode... I went to bed super early last night... I think it was 930 or so... Now I am just as tired this morning... I hate that!! Got nothing going on much for today other than work... I do have tomorrow off but plan on doing some yard work!! Hope everyone had a nice weekend...
Closed Thread