Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
I haven't eaten sugar in 4 months....that amazes me. You all amaze me. We are actually doing this...changing our lives. Go us. Thanks for being on this journey with me.
I can add to that, I haven't had a diet soda in over 4 months, or sugar!! Both are an addiction for me and now I know life is better without them. Tripmama, I love reading your positive posts. Knowing others are on this journey seems to really help!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
I have been getting "Finest Natural Magnesium 250 mg" from Walgreens. My nurse practitioner had me taking 2 (total of 500 mg) and then I added the IP cal/mag....wonderful results. There is nothing more miserable than the big C.
Crap wish i had seen this before buying some last night, lol. The ones i got were 100mg which they say to take 1 twice a day. So i figured i would take 2, twice a day (total of 400mg). But maybe it should be more, do you know how much there is in the cal/mag? And doesn't the calcium in the cal/mag cancel the laxative effect of the mag?

Scale is up again this morning, which is really depressing me cause i realized that eventhough i'm constipated, if i was losing weight, the scale would still go down, just not as much as if i wasn't blocked. So the fact that the scale keeps going up shows that my weight is not going down, just the C weight is added on.

Its the first time since starting this diet that i am so frustrated. Usually when you have a bad week, you KNOW that the next one will be better and the weight will go down but right now i'm at a standstill and don'T know what to expect and don't know what the heck is going on!

Oh yeah, and i'm super fed up with friends and family telling me its because i've lost enough weight and should phase off...WTH does it have to do with being blocked up!!! I'm 163, i'm nowhere near "skinny enough".

I just want a solution! I have stopped the metamucil cause its recommended to take 3 times a day and tehre is NO way i will use 9g net carb extra in my day!

Ok off my soap box and i'm sorry for boring all of you with this and i want to thank you all for your concerns and tips and help
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #168  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I do the Metamucil only ONCE in the morning before I have my breakfast and it seems to help me.

Tripmamma, I am going on 54 weeks of NONE of that stuff. I think when and if I ever have it again my body will reject it something fierce. I don't think I want to try it to see....lol....we are all doing amazing things with our bodies that is for sure
Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I do the Metamucil only ONCE in the morning before I have my breakfast and it seems to help me.
I tried it once a day since the week-end and it hasn't done anything but glad its working for someone so i will definitely keep it in mind.

Maybe i'm just too quick to give up on something and should give it more time to see if it works instead of switching things around so much.

If you don't take it, do you have big C problems? Maybe after I do the "emptying" this week-end, i could maybe keep trying it once in the morning along with the extra magnesium.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Just checking in to say hi! I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #171  

Ok, actually went to the dr. (we have a clinic in the building i work in).

So the citro mag that i bought, she told me that is what she was going to prescribe me so to use it tonight.

If that doesn't work, i have a prescription for something called golytely (which is used to empty before colonostomy).

If that doesn't work, she said to go to the emergency to get emptied. If i do go even a bit..she wants me to get an xray next week to check things out.

She could feel BM all the way up to my belly button when pushing on my stomach.

Oh and once i'm empty, she wants me to take senekot with something called colace.

So wish me luck

Last edited by Busymomx4; 05-16-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #172  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

So the citro mag that i bought, she told me that is what she was going to prescribe me so to use it tonight.

If that doesn't work, i have a prescription for something called golytely (which is used to empty before colonostomy).

If that doesn't work, she said to go to the emergency to get emptied. If i do go even a bit..she wants me to get an xray next week to check things out.

Oh and once i'm empty, she wants me to take senekot with something called colace.

So wish me luck
Hang in there Busymom. Health first, then weight loss. My coach told me you can hold up to 10 pounds of waste in your bowels, so you might be a very happy camper once you get empty! Not to mention, you will feel so much better since the longer the waste stays in your system the more of it is reabsorbed. Seems strange saying this, but I can't wait to see how this goes for you. Big HUGS and 'moving' thoughts
Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #173  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

WI #15, down 2.6. I was so hung up in the 180s and now I am almost to the 160s...so strange...and fantastic!!! IP does work if you give it 100%. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #174  

Week 54 Weigh in is....ONE pound!....I can't seem to get out of the 230's for nothing.....lol
Old 05-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

So wish me luck
Good luck on your "movement"! My son used to get impacted bowels when he was young because he was too busy to stop playing and go to the bathroom when nature called. We had to take him to the hospital on several occasions and it was not fun for him; I think they did the old bag enima and he was not a happy boy!! Oh well, I sure hope these other things help first!
Hope it's not TMI and I am really thinking of you with compassion.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #176  

Darralyn, LOVE your progress pics....keep it up!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good luck on your "movement"! My son used to get impacted bowels when he was young because he was too busy to stop playing and go to the bathroom when nature called. We had to take him to the hospital on several occasions and it was not fun for him; I think they did the old bag enima and he was not a happy boy!! Oh well, I sure hope these other things help first!
Hope it's not TMI and I am really thinking of you with compassion.
Thank you

And i think one of the reason i suffer from constipation (since before IP) is that i did like your son. I would go potty when it was convinient for me (sometimes a whole day later) vs when i had to go!

Oh NSV about seeing the dr. When i sat there, she kept looking at her chart and looking at me then she said "did you lose weight" i said yes. She said ok cause the last time you came was for your knees and i wrote knee problem cause by being overweight" and i keep wondering why i would've written this! So yay people don't see me as being overweight anymore
Old 05-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #178  

Quote:
Thank you

And i think one of the reason i suffer from constipation (since before IP) is that i did like your son. I would go potty when it was convinient for me (sometimes a whole day later) vs when i had to go!

Oh NSV about seeing the dr. When i sat there, she kept looking at her chart and looking at me then she said "did you lose weight" i said yes. She said ok cause the last time you came was for your knees and i wrote knee problem cause by being overweight" and i keep wondering why i would've written this! So yay people don't see me as being overweight anymore
WOOHOO!!!....great job and what an amazing feeling isn't it?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #179  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I have stopped the cal/mag altogether now. What kind of pills do you get (dosage?) will look into it.
Oh my gosh! I hope that the thing that the doctor recommended work for you! I was taking the senacot daily for a while, and that kept me pretty regular. Then I started taking the ideal protein enzymes, and was able to drop the senacot. I'm back to my normal with them. If you don't take them already, you might try adding them once you get things, shall we say, cleared out.

I cannot imagine how miserable you are!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Busymom, we are all rooting for you! I think it is a bit funny and I hope you see the humor in a bunch of women rooting for you to have a BM!
Wuv, I can think of so many times my friends encouraged me to lose weight and I just wasn't ready. But now that I am, nothing is stopping me. Hopefully your cousin will get there emotionally and then nothing will stop him either. We now know it can be done and that it isn't as hard as we imagined to give up our comfort zone and attempt something as hard and as personal as loosing weight. You are going to be there for him when he is ready, that makes him one lucky guy!

Okay, got to go back outside and get my irrigation running! It is not easy keeping 40 acres green in the high desert!
Closed Thread