Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 232.5/199/130

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone,

Hope you all had a great Easter/long weekend! This is week 9 for me! Officially under 200lbs! Such a great feeling! So far I've lost 34lbs and 19.5 inches! Feels good! I cheated a few times which set me back a bit but sometimes you just need to get that craving out of your system! Going forward, I am going to try really hard not to cheat and to ensure that I drink all my water & more! Congratulations to everyone on their success so far! Keep up the great work!!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Really, don't worry, sometimes some of us have weeks when we gain and we know that we just didn't have the calories to justify that. Just trust and I'm willing to bet in a week or two, you will have an amazing loss. This diet has 28 years of history - it works, for all types of bodies and conditions.

I realize it's hard - but as someone else said,"dieting is hard, maintaining is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard".

Here is where you just have to trust the diet. Also, what are the options? Go back to eating the way that got us here in the first place?
Love the quote...makes perfect sense....thanks for sharing!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I'm on my second day of P3 and am finding it oddly difficult to stay OP. I've never cheated or wanted too...and won't! I don't know if it's because I'm close to being done with the first three phases or what? I certainly hope it's not because I'm happy with how I look because that always gets me in trouble with gaining weight back...but at least I'm aware of it...

The breakfast on P3 is good and then I dislike my lunch and dinner (which I never had a problem with)...my night time snack (chocolate drink) is also good! Just have to stick it out for 12 more days! I CAN FINISH THIS SUCCESSFULLY!!!! Right???
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I'm on my second day of P3 and am finding it oddly difficult to stay OP. I've never cheated or wanted too...and won't! I don't know if it's because I'm close to being done with the first three phases or what? I certainly hope it's not because I'm happy with how I look because that always gets me in trouble with gaining weight back...but at least I'm aware of it...

The breakfast on P3 is good and then I dislike my lunch and dinner (which I never had a problem with)...my night time snack (chocolate drink) is also good! Just have to stick it out for 12 more days! I CAN FINISH THIS SUCCESSFULLY!!!! Right???
I think the idea that you'll soon be able to have the forbidden foods is part of it, at least it was for me. Once I started Phase 4, I overdid the nuts, but I think I got that out of my system, the urge to eat everything in sight because I haven't had it in 15 months...I sure hope so.

Maybe your lunches and dinners are too routine? Change something in them.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I think the idea that you'll soon be able to have the forbidden foods is part of it, at least it was for me. Once I started Phase 4, I overdid the nuts, but I think I got that out of my system, the urge to eat everything in sight because I haven't had it in 15 months...I sure hope so.

Maybe your lunches and dinners are too routine? Change something in them.
They are routine...I should change things up! Thanks for your supportive words!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
The clinic I go to does not have staff specifically for IP only. Since the one staff assigned to IP primary job is clinic and performs functions more advanced, it means that it is days sometimes to get a response to a question. Also while she was on-time last week, the first week I waited probably 45 minutes for her. Once there are more IP clients hopefully an additional staff person will be hired. Any suggestions?
A coach was a really important partner for me in my journey, so if you're not happy, I'd suggest saying something to them, or find another clinic. With a city as large as Sacramento, there should be more than one, right?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #127  

Default first weigh in!

Hi all!

Been lurking all week, just holding my breath for weigh in today. And geuss what?! I lost 8 lbs this week! I feel so encouraged by that b/c I was anxious about Easter dinner. Although I stayed OP in terms of sticking with the meat and the veggies, there were ingredients in the ham that were off limits. I was worried about that. But today, I know as long as I follow it, I'm golden. Especially helpful was the posting of the consequences of cheating. I had a lot of moments of temptations, that were intercepted b/c of that post. So thanks Fat Chicks! You rock!
dawn
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #128  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnydoright View Post
Hi all!

Been lurking all week, just holding my breath for weigh in today. And geuss what?! I lost 8 lbs this week! I feel so encouraged by that b/c I was anxious about Easter dinner. Although I stayed OP in terms of sticking with the meat and the veggies, there were ingredients in the ham that were off limits. I was worried about that. But today, I know as long as I follow it, I'm golden. Especially helpful was the posting of the consequences of cheating. I had a lot of moments of temptations, that were intercepted b/c of that post. So thanks Fat Chicks! You rock!
dawn
Great job! That first weigh-in is amazing! Keep up the good work.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
A coach was a really important partner for me in my journey, so if you're not happy, I'd suggest saying something to them, or find another clinic. With a city as large as Sacramento, there should be more than one, right?
There are 3 clinics but the one I go to is 15 miles from me (Sacramento has many suburbs and long distances when outside the city center). The next closest clinic is 21ish miles and traffic is worse at the location. The third clinic is about 30 miles away. I see her tomorrow so I'm going to bring this subject up and see what solutions there may be. Thanks Sewmam.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnydoright View Post
Hi all!

dawn
Fabulous loss! you'll enjoy this journey!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Default Hello. Day one on IP.

I just wanted to introduce myself, my first day on IP went really well. Much easier then I thought. I have been following this blog for a few weeks and I'm so excited for the challenges ahead and being able to share my story. Thank you everyone for being inspirational.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #132  
TLF

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I am a bit impatient and have struggled with dieting so much in the past. All of your stories and losses seem almost too good to be true. But, I'm a believer! This WILL happen for me too.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
I just wanted to introduce myself, my first day on IP went really well. Much easier then I thought. I have been following this blog for a few weeks and I'm so excited for the challenges ahead and being able to share my story. Thank you everyone for being inspirational.
Welcome ! You're about where I was 15 months ago, so remember, it can be done, safely! It is quite a journey and I'm so grateful that my doctor found the program and that it worked for me. This group is terrific, full of knowledge and support.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Her list is very much like my list but I also buy a lot of zucchini, fresh bagged spinach, celery. I steam all 3 and add to soups and the spinach is also used in my ninja chopper when I make milkshakes.

I hadn't heard that perhaps you shouldn't juice the spinach for the milkshakes every day. I don't truly juice it - finely chop it. Can someone with a coach check that out and let us know? I say "us" because I've read that folks do this all the time, hadn't heard any restrictions on frequency and there are probably many of us doing this.

Thanks a bunch!
Chloe
Hey Chloe. I don't have an answer to your question, but a question of my own. Which ninja do you have and do you like it?? My magic bullet bit the dust yesterday and the ninja looks intriguing. Did not like magic bullet anyway so ne great loss. Thanks. My understanding was that juicing was ok as long as you eat the pulp and fiber too..
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #135  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Thank you all ladies, those who had a tough easter and commiserated and those who had an easy peaceful day that inspire me to keep this going. I love that you are all here and are on the same journey with all it's ups and downs.
Closed Thread