Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Hey Chloe. I don't have an answer to your question, but a question of my own. Which ninja do you have and do you like it?? My magic bullet bit the dust yesterday and the ninja looks intriguing. Did not like magic bullet anyway so ne great loss. Thanks. My understanding was that juicing was ok as long as you eat the pulp and fiber too..
Not the OP, but I have a Ninja that I love. We bought it at Kmart, it has the pitcher and the smaller jar, I think it was about $50. If I'd shopped around, we would have bought one at Sam's Club. It has more stuff with it for a similar price.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Not the OP, but I have a Ninja that I love. We bought it at Kmart, it has the pitcher and the smaller jar, I think it was about $50. If I'd shopped around, we would have bought one at Sam's Club. It has more stuff with it for a similar price.
Thank you. I'm off to Costco tomorrow so will look there.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow, a heckuva day! Busy busy! I am finally able to check in, read all the posts, and say a big congrats to everyone for your successes and losses! I am off to eat my pudding and hopefully get to bed early. Another big day tomorrow!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Welcome ! You're about where I was 15 months ago, so remember, it can be done, safely! It is quite a journey and I'm so grateful that my doctor found the program and that it worked for me. This group is terrific, full of knowledge and support.

Good luck!
Thank you for the best wishes. I know it can be done and I Am Ready. I am anxious but in time.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 231/210/160

Default Happy Monday!!!!

I did it!!! I survived Easter and all it's temptations. My neice made a beautiful bunny cake and home made butter cream frosting - I wanted some soooo bad, but I didn't succumb.

So, to show myself how strong I was, we went for Mexican food tonight - I ate 3 chips because I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it (and stop at 3). I shouldn't have done it, but honestly I feel even stronger now. I've been worried that I would resort to my old ways once I complete the diet, but tonight I proved to myself that I can control myself and stop when I need to stop eating. And hopefully the 3 chips don't make me stall.

Here's to a wonderful OP week for us all!!!

Laura
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

I need some help!!
I am going on a military exercise to get ready for my deployment at the end of May- it's only 2 1/2 days. I am worried about my food, we will be given MREs while we are there so I will have to bring my own food. Has anybody tried to dehydrate any meat or veggies while OP? I can bring the shakes as I will have access to water but its the meat and veggies that I am worried about Time to get creative!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #142  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
I need some help!!
I am going on a military exercise to get ready for my deployment at the end of May- it's only 2 1/2 days. I am worried about my food, we will be given MREs while we are there so I will have to bring my own food. Has anybody tried to dehydrate any meat or veggies while OP? I can bring the shakes as I will have access to water but its the meat and veggies that I am worried about Time to get creative!
How about the packaged tuna not the one in the can's but in the packages? also maybe you could get PB2 peanut butter where you can just add water. I know you are trying to stay OP but this might be another option for you. We can have it on phase 3.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #143  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

argghh emotional eater here

The 15 yr old acting like we are evil because we said NO you cannot go out after 9PM. Plus some other stuff.

caught myself eating some edamame (soy beans + salt) and just grabbed an IP chocolate cookie
Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Wow, a busy day on here. Well done on the losses and determination. All of your stories make my journey easier. Thanks for sharing
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
O I feel you on this one, big time! I think today is my hard day! I'm so pi*sy and mad at the world. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep this day away. It didnt help that my fieance got up super early and so did I (0330) and couldnt go back to sleep and when I wanted to it was time to get up anyway an my alarm was reminding me of that. But while I laid in bed i found this cute site of an IP'er and her story. But anyway so i went home for lunch and my son's dad came over to hang out with my son, (i say MY son, lol its ours but he's MINE lol) and he brought bad food...omg i just wanted to plant my face in it. I was so ready to take this diet and shove it up his A! I know he did that on purpose (probably not but i'm going to say he did cus i'm angry and p*ssed at the world right now) but my fieance through text talked me off the ledge... still i could just eff this day! now it's 1400 after lunch still sippin my choco drink... feeling somewhat better but still want to go buck nuts on some potatos!

Btw... i did do the caul mash...not bad. I felt bad puttin the little bit of butter an sour cream in it but that's what the recipe said and i couldn't find one with out it so i didnt have a restricted snack, and i busted A on the treadmill but now that i'm reading... i guess i shouldnt have done that either!

O and i stepped on the good ol' scale this morning... yeah it hasnt moved since last wed! Day keeps getting better :/

Sorry for the Debbie Downerness... i'm just over it today! Congrats to everyone else though! Good job!
Sorry you had such a bad day. Hope tomorrow is better.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
I need some help!!
Wow, I don't know. I got a dehydrator but haven't tried it out. There are lots of articles on the internet about dehydrating veggies. Do you have one of those meal sealer suck the air out of bags thingies? Can you take canned tuna?

I am exhausted after a long chiropractor visit and then three hours of quilting class. I was actually so bad at hand quilting it was humorous! Great to get back home and catch up on chat reading.

This weekend I had to go back to the hotel room and change my falling down pants! Darn it!! I had found some cute GW jeans. i should be happy for the loss but my " new" clothes were fun and suddenly big. This is going crazy. My shape is strange as the skin and fat on belly not keeping up with the rest of the body. I went to GOodwill today and got 8s and 10s. Found cute ones from AE
And Abercrombie and Fitch. I think of those as my kids stores. Got cute Chico's Jeans in size 1. I used to wear Chico's 3, but even outgrew their top size
eventually. I just tossed them in the cart as they were only 2 bucks! Just put them on and they fit. Whaaa?!? My mind is starting to really not keep up with the body changes. Shirts were 1.50 today so got a few. Going to be sad if I under grow these "new" duds, but I still have a ways to go. I have some new Spanx for the silly acting belly. I look like a toothpick with an olive in the center!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy Monday

Hey everyone. I dont know about anyone else but I am tired of waking up in the morning with this sickening sweet taste in my mouth. I know that may be a sign of ketosis. Has anyone else experienced this? How long did it take to pass? I am in my second week, weighing on Wed.

Starting weight: 233

wk#1 -4
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #148  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

It's unofficial till tomorrow's WI, but I've hit the 80lb loss mark this morning. Un-friggin believable that I could do this. IP has been such a blessing in my life.
Great job Dana. That's fantastic!,
Old 04-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
How about the packaged tuna not the one in the can's but in the packages? also maybe you could get PB2 peanut butter where you can just add water. I know you are trying to stay OP but this might be another option for you. We can have it on phase 3.
Oohh. Tuna- never though of that. Boy that would be alot of tuna Thanks for the ideas- I will talk with my coach this week and see what she says. I might try to dehydrate some zuchini and see how it goes. Thanks!!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #150  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Hey everyone. I dont know about anyone else but I am tired of waking up in the morning with this sickening sweet taste in my mouth. I know that may be a sign of ketosis. Has anyone else experienced this? How long did it take to pass? I am in my second week, weighing on Wed.

Starting weight: 233

wk#1 -4
Just from personal experience, but I haven't had any "ketosis side effects" like bad breath or sweet smells/tastes. But I drink a TON of water and wonder if that helps flush the ketones out.
Closed Thread