Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'0

Default New to IP

Hi All,
I am new to IP and currently on day 3 of week 1.
I am petite - 5 ft tall and 142 lbs. My goal is to be 110 lbs.

You guys were so right on the headaches!! That along with the allergies, made life miserable for me over the weekend. Drinking water, salt did not help much. I braved it out and did not cave in to my weaknesses "candy" and "ice cream".

My 1st weigh in is on Saturday..can't weight to see a transformed me at the end of this program. Thank you for the wonderful posts. All of you are so inspirational to me..together we can do it
Old 04-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #107  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Has anyone else noticed that on days when they drink more water, they lose more? I usually get at least 80 ounces of water in every day (for some reason if I have a big glass of water with a straw, I will drink it like crazy) but on days when I drink more like a gallon I get bigger losses.

I'm not complaining, of course, but am wondering if this is a coincidence or if there's an actual reason for it.
More water equals bigger losses!!!! My coach told me that on day 1. They are keeping track and the people who drink a gallon or more lose more weight than those who drink less than a gallon.

Last edited by mooselover; 04-09-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Week 1 - first weigh in. (And, actually, only 6 days in...so not quite a week.
I lost four pounds and NINE inches. FOUR of those inches from my waist.

That is some major motivation.
That is so wonderful! Those pounds and inches will mount up fast!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Has anyone else noticed that on days when they drink more water, they lose more? I usually get at least 80 ounces of water in every day (for some reason if I have a big glass of water with a straw, I will drink it like crazy) but on days when I drink more like a gallon I get bigger losses.

I'm not complaining, of course, but am wondering if this is a coincidence or if there's an actual reason for it.
Yes! there is a reason for it, beyond keeping the kidneys flushed, but I can't remember it now. Last summer, I drank ice water alot and hardly had to use the a/c. I use a straw too and found I drank more with it.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #110  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
It may pass as your body gets used to it, but you could also try some digestive enzymes. My clinic sells the Metagenics "Spectrazyne" but I also found some cheaper at my health food store. The trick is to remember to take them before you eat, which I'm not good at.

Aren't breakfasts incredible? I'm in my 3rd week of Phase 4 and breakfasts are still my favorite meal!
Thanks! If it doesn't get better in a few days maybe I will try some enzymes.

AND YES!!!!!! Breakfasts are awesome! I missed yogurt so much
Old 04-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

The clinic I go to does not have staff specifically for IP only. Since the one staff assigned to IP primary job is clinic and performs functions more advanced, it means that it is days sometimes to get a response to a question. Also while she was on-time last week, the first week I waited probably 45 minutes for her. Once there are more IP clients hopefully an additional staff person will be hired. Any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #112  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

So happy to hear about everyone's Easter successes (not excesses)! I baked a ham for the family and we had salad, mashed turnips and asparagus...it was lovely and the kids did not miss the potatoes!

On Saturday I had to pick my DH up at the airport in Seattle so my DD and I went to an outlet mall and I picked up a couple pairs of size 18 Lee trousers. They are "goal pants" at the moment...WAY too tight in the tummy & thighs. I also went into Dress Barn and came away with two pretty, feminine blouses that were XL!!!! I was so excited to be able to shop in the "Misses" side of the store...It has been years since I could do that!

The first thing my hubby said when he got off the plane was how good I looked! He's only been gone 2 weeks, but could see the difference.

I am so excited for Spring and horseback riding. I rode last week and (being 40 lbs lighter) nearly launched myself over my mare's back instead of just into the saddle! MustangMolly's earlier post about trail riding and bathroom breaks due to IP made me laugh because I have been worried about that exact same thing!

Happy Monday! Here's to a great week!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by artflunky View Post
I had the hardest day I've had since I started 9 weeks ago. I sat through an amazing dinner and stayed OP. Then passed on the dessert that my brother has been promising to make me for 2 years. I am SO tired of having to explain to people why I can't have "just a little", how it makes no sense to them and then the 100th time I'm asked "but are you going to be able to keep it off after you lose it?", "won't you just blow up when you start eating again?" I'm feeling deprived and none of this would matter but I've only lost 1 lb in 2 weeks. I was ready to phase to 2 but haven't gotten there yet after such a dismal loss. I have not cheated once. Im pissed and crabby. Even my 11 year old is telling me "Mom, you seem really tense." Should I just phase off and be happy where I am or stick it out?????
Wow you did well and I know what you mean about explaining yourself.....I haven't told many people I am doing this diet because I don't want to explain how it works nd listen to the same questions you listen to. As far as gaining weight back, not sure for me I have on all ther diets, but I have never been so committed to diet like this before and for so long. I can only hope this time is different. You are doing great, think of how far you have come......you will likely regret if you quit, tick to it if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Candy, today is a very busy day on this board. To do a quote, you go to the bottom right and you will see a middle box with a quote symbol in it. Click on that in any of the post you want to respond to. When all done reading all of the post you go down to the bottom left of the page and hit reply, that will put all of the quotes you marked in a window that you can respond to.

Thank you so much, I could not figure out how to put all my reply sin one.....so much easier for sure this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa07 View Post
Yesterday was difficult. I've been on I.P since Jan 4 and I'm down 47 pounds but wow yesterday was rough. We went out for dinner and it was buffet style. I was fine with this at first because I thought I could just focus on the salad bar and have one meat. But then it was dessert time and everyone was eating such beautiful desserts and of course I was just sipping on my coffee. The temptation got to me so I asked the waitress if they had any sugar free desserts and she directly me to a pudding puff dessert at the buffet....I took one bite and thought to myself, this taste way to good to be sugar free so I pushed it aside. I have worked way to hard to blow it now....so when I got home I had some chocolate soy puffs lol.
You did well for a buffet......I couldn't step foot in a buffet.....yet anyway. Good for you thinking that the desert was too good to be true and getting rid of it. Nicely done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Yesterday I wasn't having a very good day myself but I got over it. I don't know if it was because my youngest left to go back to college or what but I was in a funk bigtime. My oldest asked me to make him some bengits (fried doughnuts) so I did with no problems. After they were done I looked at him and said I could so eat ONE of those right now. He said Crap mom I am sorry. Then I started cleaning and rearranging the living room and started crying. He said MOM I am sorry really I am, I said its ok I dunno what is wrong with me today I am feeling sorry for myself for some reason. I am tired of looking at plain walls and I want to fix my house up.He said would a "cheat day" make you feel better? I said HE** NO, he said I knew you were going to say that but wanted to make you smile which it did. I was better after that, I don't know what was going on with me yesterday....ALL better today though!
Glad you are feeling better, those days are hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
Hi All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday/weekend. I can't wait until I earn a tracker I think I read 20 days.

I had my 3rd week WI and I lost 3.3 this week for a total of 15 pounds in 3 weeks!!! I love IP I was on it last year and slipped off for a wedding (it was only going to be a weekend) I am so glad I am back!!!
Great weight loss and good for you for getting back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
72 0z of H2O ... Im water logged..... I feel like a water balloon when I walk lol .... *squish.... squish*

not to mention the frequent bathroom trips lol.

the phrase that pays today is .... Here I go again ....

Day 1 on IP .... pretty ez. lets see how the eve goes... thats my trouble time...
Yay good for you for your first day, I found the first 3 days were hard and then it became a breeze. Good luck for tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Before and After photos, 35 lbs. down, 17 to go!
Wow your face is sooooooo skinny, you look fantastic, good for you!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
So happy to hear about everyone's Easter successes (not excesses)! I baked a ham for the family and we had salad, mashed turnips and asparagus...it was lovely and the kids did not miss the potatoes!

On Saturday I had to pick my DH up at the airport in Seattle so my DD and I went to an outlet mall and I picked up a couple pairs of size 18 Lee trousers. They are "goal pants" at the moment...WAY too tight in the tummy & thighs. I also went into Dress Barn and came away with two pretty, feminine blouses that were XL!!!! I was so excited to be able to shop in the "Misses" side of the store...It has been years since I could do that!

The first thing my hubby said when he got off the plane was how good I looked! He's only been gone 2 weeks, but could see the difference.

I am so excited for Spring and horseback riding. I rode last week and (being 40 lbs lighter) nearly launched myself over my mare's back instead of just into the saddle! MustangMolly's earlier post about trail riding and bathroom breaks due to IP made me laugh because I have been worried about that exact same thing!

Happy Monday! Here's to a great week!

Good for you that is fantastic, and sounds like the dinner was a success! Very nice of your hubby to mention the difference.....makes you wanna keep on truckin'

My brother is moving to Seattle the beginning of June. Sad because him living in Baltimore I was able to drive there in 8 hrs but now we have to fly. 3 kids, my husband and I flying =$$$$$

Oh well has to be done!! Congrats again!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF View Post
Struggling with self doubt....keep thinking "what if I am the one person this diet doesn't work for?" I have been 100% OP for 4 weeks and have had good losses until last WI on Friday. That's when the doubts started. I lost 1.5 lbs. but absolutely NO inches. I worry I'm not in ketosis, that I have stalled. If I am 100 OP with absolutely no cheats, will I still have weeks of no losses? It's hard to have blind faith that this is working....
Really, don't worry, sometimes some of us have weeks when we gain and we know that we just didn't have the calories to justify that. Just trust and I'm willing to bet in a week or two, you will have an amazing loss. This diet has 28 years of history - it works, for all types of bodies and conditions.

I realize it's hard - but as someone else said,"dieting is hard, maintaining is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard".

Here is where you just have to trust the diet. Also, what are the options? Go back to eating the way that got us here in the first place?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'4

Good evening, everyone! I can sympathize with everyone who had some Easter temptations that made them miserable. But I, too, stayed away from them. It was really hard, especially after losing only one pound again last week. It was my TOM, and I'm hoping for a big loss this week, since I am starting to get frustrated with low losses back to back.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #117  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Really, don't worry, sometimes some of us have weeks when we gain and we know that we just didn't have the calories to justify that. Just trust and I'm willing to bet in a week or two, you will have an amazing loss. This diet has 28 years of history - it works, for all types of bodies and conditions.

I realize it's hard - but as someone else said,"dieting is hard, maintaining is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard".

Here is where you just have to trust the diet. Also, what are the options? Go back to eating the way that got us here in the first place?
Very well said Chloe
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Hola Peeps!
Doing my daily check in.
I was 100% OP during Easter, but had a disappointing 1.2 lb loss today.
I know, I know.... a loss is a loss, but still. (pouty face)
I did not get all of my veggies in on Saturday, and I don't think I had enough salt Sat or Sunday. Could that be why?
Now to go read what everyone's been up to!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #119  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

I am really getting irritated with TOM!!! I feel like I should be keeping track of NTOM (not time of month)..........I know that it is to be expected, but geez.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Cadu: Congrats on handling Easter so well!

Mamacita: Did you find some pretty clothes? I'm can't wait until I've lost enough to need new clothes! (a little envy here....:-) )

Dana: Woo Hoo! 80 lbs! That's incredible!

(((Wuv))) Glad you're out of your funk

Samba: Great job staying OP while at the show! I know that weekends like that can be really hard to stay focused. I admire your strength!
Closed Thread