Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 03/05/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 03-05-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

GOOD MORNING everybody!
I have been up since 3am with sinus pressure and allergies and kept flipping back to this board frustrated there weren't any new posts! ha
Its amazing how boring the internet can be when you should be sleeping like the sane people.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Off to another long week of work. This week is going to be a stressful one- lots of reports, hard conversations with staff, and other things that raise those stress levels! I am a stress eater so it is my plan to do everything in my power to stay in control and remember why I am doing IP.

Anyone else having some challenges? How do you deal with them? I wish I could jump on this board at work but my computer is restricted. My plan is to get up and take a walk when things get tough.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5 9`

morning all, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i got a question about a dish i made yesterday..
6-8 eggs
mushrooms
onion...whole small 1
green onions
green pepper
spices, i use tabasco, and mrs dash
frozen spinach...water all drained.
mixed together, baked in glass pie dish, i used spray pam so it wouldn`t stick, baked for about 1 hour...
was really tasty, i used this for my lunch, and put the rest in the fridge for the rest of the week, i cut the pieces in 8 like a pie...

`i`m hoping someone from this forum can tell me if this would be alright ...sure hopeing so was really good and filling..

Hope everyone has a great week...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #5  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Happy Monday everyone!! NSV - yesterday was my sister in laws baby shower that I helped with, I didn't even LOOK at the cake!! No desire whatsoever!!

This diet really does get easier and easier.. I don't even want to cheat and I am hardly ever hungry!! this is NOT like the old me!!

I hope everyone has a great OP Day!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
morning all, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i got a question about a dish i made yesterday..
6-8 eggs
mushrooms
onion...whole small 1
green onions
green pepper
spices, i use tabasco, and mrs dash
frozen spinach...water all drained.
mixed together, baked in glass pie dish, i used spray pam so it wouldn`t stick, baked for about 1 hour...
was really tasty, i used this for my lunch, and put the rest in the fridge for the rest of the week, i cut the pieces in 8 like a pie...

`i`m hoping someone from this forum can tell me if this would be alright ...sure hopeing so was really good and filling..

Hope everyone has a great week...
Everything looks okay, except the onions...we are only supposed to have raw onions. I believe when they are cooked, the sugars change form or something.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: As of 03/05/2012 - 290/290/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello,

I am restarting IP again. I have not been consistently successful on this plan since the summer of 2010. I've fallen, over and over again, but today I'm getting back up on the wagon again. Any well wishes would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!
One week down in my restart of IP-feeling great. Went away to see a band I know this weekend and didn't drink! It wasn't too hard, I was the DD and the only one feeling chipper Sunday morning
Oh susyqxxxx...Not sure about that dish-I know that we are only allowed onions raw and that eggs should be egg whites, unless you have them as your daily allotment of protein=2 whole eggs. This is just what I was told-everyone's coaches are different.

Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #9  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Happy Monday everyone!! NSV - yesterday was my sister in laws baby shower that I helped with, I didn't even LOOK at the cake!! No desire whatsoever!!

This diet really does get easier and easier.. I don't even want to cheat and I am hardly ever hungry!! this is NOT like the old me!!

I hope everyone has a great OP Day!!!
Thats a great NSV.. Good for you!
I have noticed that I do not crave sweets at all. what a nice change that is. My daughter has taken up baking as a hobby.. and there is ALWAYS baked goods sitting on my kitchen counter and since I have started IP I havent even been tempted at all.. yaaaaaay IP
Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #10  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Has anyone used Miracle Rice/Noodle. Shirataki Rice. I saw a recipe on You Tube using Miracle rice, the girl was doing Ideal Protein.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirish View Post
Has anyone used Miracle Rice/Noodle. Shirataki Rice. I saw a recipe on You Tube using Miracle rice, the girl was doing Ideal Protein.
Some LOVE them, some HATE them. I happen to love them - they are filling, add texture and mix things up a bit. Some say they have a fishy smell - I find the smell odd, but not fishy. They will take up whatever flavor you're cooking.
Go for it!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #12  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, I'm starting over today and thought it best if I start posting on the daily thread to keep myself accountable.

Short story about myself....started IP in Sept of 2010, got to within 5 pounds of my goal and then took a weekend trip and fell off program. Numerous attempts to restart and well, here it is a year and half later and I'm up most of the weight I had lost. Hoping to finish this journey this time around.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning everyone. Because I am not online at all over the weekends I really miss all the support and advice of 3FC. It's always nice to come back on Monday and catch up with everyone and read about all the great NSV's and SV's everyone is having. Hope everyone has a great OP week.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #14  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

@luvlweebrown welcome. I had to begin my diet again after falling off the wagon. Good luck and checking in here everyday helps keep me motivated.

@lakewood. The recipe that caught my eye was rice mixed with a vanilla pudding, cinnamon and poppy seeds.
I'm ordering some now!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #15  
jmartyn

S/C/G: 259.2/220.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvleebrown View Post
Hello,

I am restarting IP again. I have not been consistently successful on this plan since the summer of 2010. I've fallen, over and over again, but today I'm getting back up on the wagon again. Any well wishes would be appreciated. Thanks!
Congratulations on starting IP again!!! The important thing is that you ARE beginning again -- a huge step in the right direction :-) You'll do great!!
Closed Thread