Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning,

Today is the beginning of a new week and i will be concentrating on having positive thoughts for the future. I logged a loss of 3,4 lbs in the challenge (despite my slipup with the jelly beans on saturday)

You guys continue to inspire me everyday, glad to be a part of this awesome group of people.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Default My IP journey is NOW official ... 4.9.12 ~

I started IP today ....

so far so good.... my biggest challenge (last nite) was understanding HOW to prepare the IP packet food. Scared Imma' mess up lol.

right now Im not hungry ... Im alert, and reading the 3FC archives.

I wasnt really hungry earlier so I nibbled on a half portion of one of the IP bars.... wasnt quite half.

back to our regulary scheduled programming of DRINKING WATER!!!!

keep it breezy and ez.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

So good to get back online, check in to the chat and read check-ins! Good day to my IP community friends!!

I was at a dog show all weekend so that took care of Easter for me! My young female showed really well and I was very pleased with her! Fun to see them start to come into their own!

I was lighter on my feet, I had been able to train her more and it was such fun to double her and take more part in the showing this time!

This was my first show since starting IP. My team members would be calling my name for me to do this or that. Others said they looked to see me and didn't. They thought I must be a friend of Carla's stepping up to help since "I" didn't respond! How darn funny is that?!?

Someone asked my friend if I was getting a divorce? Oh my, must have looked like I was on the divorce diet! My new clothes, make up and hair must have done it! No, no, no divorce.

My first time out of town and I was worried about how to stay OP. It was not completely easy, but no disasters. I had a plain burger patty and steamed veggies every night in the restaurant. This morning I weighed.....left town weighing 171 and today 166.2! So happy the trip did not blow up my efforts and maybe I am moving off my plateaued loss!!

Looking forward to hearing more people check in after Easter.

Last edited by Samba; 04-09-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #19  

Height: 5'3

Thanks Chloe 222. Yes, the stickies are good and I have read them or am in the process of reading each one.

It helps me to post and feel like I am a part of the group and ask some of those burning questions when my mind is so full of anticipation of this plan.

It's really nice to have a daily chat, especially for those of us just joining!

I hope to have the success many of you have.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy5 View Post
That's really great! I am in menopause too...just entering the new phase. It brought extra weight with it-so welcoming, huh? NOT! Going to try to see that extra weight to the door!

As far as the juicing, I got a juicer a couple months ago and have been juicing different greens-lots of broccoli, spinach etc. (generally not lettuce-so, then that may not be the answer to getting the vegetables in).

If I get to the meeting I will have to ask-I bet they want you to have the whole vegetable to get the full/fiber factor.

Thanks.
Let us know what IP says. I'm thinking you can juice, but don't throw out the pulp, eat it for the fiber and nutrients. I found it hard to eat alot of raw vegees, so I boiled them and made soup, pureed with an immersion blender and added IP soup, or I used my olive oil ration at dinner to do a stir-fry. Either way, the volume decreases and I found it easier to digest.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks Chloe 222. Yes, the stickies are good and I have read them or am in the process of reading each one.

It helps me to post and feel like I am a part of the group and ask some of those burning questions when my mind is so full of anticipation of this plan.

Candy,
You will have the success, it just takes absolute determination and commitment. This diet won't work if one cheats. So keep reading and chatting with us, expect the best from yourself in terms of being 100% OP (on program).
Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #22  

Quote:

I read as much as I could before I started. I think it really helped me understand why and how the diet works. It helped me realize the importance of carefully following it. So glad you are getting a good start on the IP information!

Sewmam- You did great to do this with CFS. I have it too. I was devastatingly ill when first diagnosed years ago. Now my episodes are less often and much less severe. I have to say it was one of the toughest things I have had to deal with.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Sewmam,
I started HRT using compounded bio identical creams in early Feb, same time I started IP. I haven't had a hot flash or night sweat after a few days of starting HRT. I sleep well and deeply (I dream almost every night and remember them! Amazing. Benefit of getting into that nice deep REM sleep, very restorative.) The testosterone portion will give you more energy overall. I will be having more blood tests to be sure I'm receiving the right dosages, not too little or too much. Be sure you get blood work done before and periodically while taking them.
Thanks! I remember when I started the hot flash bit, I tried this progesterone cream from the health food store, and it really helped. Amazing. After that, I had been on so many meds for my rheumatoid arthritis, that I just wanted my body to go through menopause on it's own. I don't know if I'll be able to try the bio-identicals immediately, because I don't think they are covered by Medicare, but I wanted to learn about them for the future when maybe I'll have the money.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

Sewmam- You did great to do this with CFS. I have it too. I was devastatingly ill when first diagnosed years ago. Now my episodes are less often and much less severe. I have to say it was one of the toughest things I have had to deal with.
Thanks. You know how difficult each day can be. I've told the doctors many times that I could handle the debilitating pain of FMS or RA, if I weren't so deeply fatigued. When you have to force yourself to get out of bed or do any little thing, it really wears on the spirit over time. You do every little trick in the mental book to keep yourself going and loving life, but I sure wish it was a little bit easier sometimes. At least now that I've lost the weight, I can go to them and say 'okay, I've done my part...now help me!!!'

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-09-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

[QUOTE=Samba;4285754]So good to get back online, check in to the chat and read check-ins! Good day to my IP community friends!!

I was at a dog show all weekend so that took care of Easter for me! My young female showed really well and I was very pleased with her! Fun to see them start to come into their own!

I was lighter on my feet, I had been able to train her more and it was such fun to double her and take more part in the showing this time!

This was my first show since starting IP. My team members would be calling my name for me to do this or that. Others said they looked to see me and didn't. They thought I must be a friend of Carla's stepping up to help since "I" didn't respond! How darn funny is that?!?

Good for you on your weight loss while traveling! I have to travel to Baltimore to see my brother and his family next month, before they move to Seattle:s.......will have to fly there now to see them....no more hoping in the car. Anyway, I have been a little worried about it, but I will take extra IP food just in case with no option to cheat!

Congrats on your female showing.....lots of hard work I am sure!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Cadu, I love your picture! I will have to post one soon because I really like to see a face with a name.

Samba, great job at the dog show and on the weight loss!

Candy5, welcome. This diet does work but you must commit!

Happy monday to everyone else! I am excited to get outside this week and work in the garden. I have been lambing, I have 2 sets of twins so far with 3 more ewes left to lamb! They are soooo cute!

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #27  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Happy Monday everyone
Just wanted to stop by and check in, it's been a while!
Hope all is well
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post

Happy monday to everyone else! I am excited to get outside this week and work in the garden. I have been lambing, I have 2 sets of twins so far with 3 more ewes left to lamb! They are soooo cute!

I hope everyone has a great day.
Lambing! So, so cute those babies. I wish I could have sheep.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #29  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Just popping by to say Good morning everyone!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Lambs! Must see pictures of the cute baby lambs!!

Pretty please?
Closed Thread