Old 05-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 203/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Headed back from the beach. I definitely wasn't 100% but really didn't do bad at all. Haven't weighed myself all weekend so we'll see! Glad to hear of everyone's successes!!!
m3foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

I agree about the exercise not making you lose weight. If you are doing weight bearing exercise that does build muscle which should burn more calories but it sure not as much as we would like. In my thirties (when everything was better,) I only did 20 - 30 minutes of cardio and did the nautilus weight machines. I also watched my carbs and calories. Worked like a charm. I have shoulder problems so I can't do much weight stuff. Wish I could. I've decided to do a gentle half hour on recumbant bike at the healthclub. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #168  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
I agree about the exercise not making you lose weight. If you are doing weight bearing exercise that does build muscle which should burn more calories but it sure not as much as we would like. In my thirties (when everything was better,) I only did 20 - 30 minutes of cardio and did the nautilus weight machines. I also watched my carbs and calories. Worked like a charm. I have shoulder problems so I can't do much weight stuff. Wish I could. I've decided to do a gentle half hour on recumbant bike at the healthclub. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Exercise slows my loss....but love walking, golf, kayaking, yoga...it feels so darn great!

Not a good girl today....bbq ribs, lobster mac and cheese and twisted tea...86 degrees hanging in the backyard with my favs...hubby and two beautiful dogs.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Exercise slows my loss....but love walking, golf, kayaking, yoga...it feels so darn great!

Not a good girl today....bbq ribs, lobster mac and cheese and twisted tea...86 degrees hanging in the backyard with my favs...hubby and two beautiful dogs.
Sounds great. I've been thinking about ribs myself.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I have been in England for 1 day and had Sunday roast -with all the trimmings!
Yikes. I haven't had a potato for a whole year!
I am going to try to have a phase 2 day today, but who knows what dinner will bring!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #171  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Busted my butt planting tons of flowers.....opened the pool....stayed away from everything I WANTED to eat!! Had an iced tea with a shot of vodka, had an extra Restricted last evening.....UP 1.5 THIS MORNING!!

Gosh this is hard!! I still have the same 15 pounds to lose (want to get to 160 then level off at 165) that I did two weeks ago! My neighbor told me yesterday that I MUST be close to goal because I look really great! NOPE! Grrrrrr!!

BUT I WILL NOT STOP!! I do NOT want to see the 170's!!!

.....ok....rant over.....thanks for listening!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I have been in England for 1 day and had Sunday roast -with all the trimmings!
Yikes. I haven't had a potato for a whole year!
I am going to try to have a phase 2 day today, but who knows what dinner will bring!
Enjoy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Busted my butt planting tons of flowers.....opened the pool....stayed away from everything I WANTED to eat!! Had an iced tea with a shot of vodka, had an extra Restricted last evening.....UP 1.5 THIS MORNING!!

Gosh this is hard!! I still have the same 15 pounds to lose (want to get to 160 then level off at 165) that I did two weeks ago! My neighbor told me yesterday that I MUST be close to goal because I look really great! NOPE! Grrrrrr!!

I know the feeling....My scale jumps up with alcohol....I had margaritas (low cal...no sour mix) on Saturay and Twisted Tea yesterday....also TOM...guessing that scale is up 5-6 pounds....staying away until Friday.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm up 2 lbs over the weekend - way too many carbs of all kinds this weekend. Back to the strict phase 1 this week!
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Count me in as having a bad day yesterday. Oh well. The scale is not nearly as high as I anticipated, so could be I had lost before I threw caution to the wind and broke my cardinal rule: "no wheat". This usually puts me up 3-4# and I was only up 2# from my Sat. morning weight, so maybe I lost in between there.

Anyway, back on P1 today.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #175  

I am phase 1ish today....I am kicking the packets....I am trying to join a co-op and looking a whole body health. I figure since most my diet is meat, veggie, dairy....let's go local, humane, and organic.

I am keeping calories similar to phase 1, but real food and some carbs (berries and nuts...mostly fat) and some dark chocolate to replace the bar (just one square).

Doing well so far today. Went for my 5am walk...yoga afterschool....golf after dinner
Old 05-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #176  

How is everyone doing? I was mostly good yesterday.....around 1200 calories, but 200 were a sweet treat.

Playing on doing my best again today.

This is so hard. Losing the weight was so eassy peasssy this is so hard....even the first 8 months in maintenance were so easy....well 5 more days and I will have been in maintanance for a year....about 3-5 pounds more than the 27th of last year.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post

Wow...your story is almost identical to mine! I'm hoping to get to 150 to settle in at 155 but not so sure I can get there. I'd settle for 160-165 for now though. I get to 168 and bam...back up! Oh well, as my signature says, just keep swimming, just keep swimming lol. Good luck to you!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #178  

Well I got on the scale yesterday. Not bad at all. Up 3 lbs. for the whole weekend which I know was mostly fluid and TOM. Got on this morning and 2.6 lbs gone already. Even though I definitely wasn't 100% OP for Phase 1, I did do a good job of sticking to sensible meals..with a few treats and drinks thrown in for good measure lol. Just keep swimming everyone!!! Oh and Darbs, congrats on the maintenance success. You've been quite the inspiration through my reboot journey!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3foster View Post
Well I got on the scale yesterday. Not bad at all. Up 3 lbs. for the whole weekend which I know was mostly fluid and TOM. Got on this morning and 2.6 lbs gone already. Even though I definitely wasn't 100% OP for Phase 1, I did do a good job of sticking to sensible meals..with a few treats and drinks thrown in for good measure lol. Just keep swimming everyone!!! Oh and Darbs, congrats on the maintenance success. You've been quite the inspiration through my reboot journey!!!
Thanks....I am right with you both too....I want to get to about 158...so that when I go to maintenance I land around 160...with that said I would take somewhere around 165-168. But I keep getting to 171-173 and then destroying the weekends.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Hanging in there - down this a.m. 1.2 lbs - from my carb overload this weekend! I hate to admit it, but I can not handle just a little bit of carbs - it leads to a lot! I start out everyday very good, then lunch comes and I'm still pretty good, then evening comes and I fall apart! So this week for dinner I'm having only fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, & lettuce from my garden - with a small piece of protein. No dinners out! Not cooking either!(just myself and my husband at home)
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote