Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #301  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
What did you eat for supper last night Mom3? If there was anything with higher sodium you could very well be retaining water. As well... How are your 'movements'? If it's few and far between try adding in a fiber supplement in the morning... This can help get it more regular. Up your fat today and lower your sodium ( especially in the evening) and try stepping on the scale either tomorrow or the next day... I'm rooting for you to break into the 140's!! You are so, so close!

thank you, capricious... I really appreciate your support and advice.

nothing abnormally salty for dinner but I did take an advil 400 which does typically cause me to retain water.

I was just hoping to see some sort of loss, ya know?! This is what happened to me back in February when I decided to just maintain... I couldn't get past the big, locked gate of the 140's and I lost my determination.

I don't want this to happen again but it *seems* my body is really happy at this weight. I just want to lose 10 more pounds.... is that so much to ask! haha
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Those last pounds are always tough.
I was scared to go on the scale this morning! Chinese door and a few cooler. I can feel the water. Retention in my legs and hands! And I feel gross!
Strict Phase 1 today, and all week if need be. I will see tomorrow how bad one meal can really be!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

The scale is always a very, very scary thing when you can feel the water retention. But Mom2cs I would think having that one meal a week that's a splurge meal should help rather than hinder?? Not the very next day of course but in the overall grand scheme of things it's "supposed" to elevate lipids and help out with increasing metabolism and 'keeping the body guessing'??

Mom3- you've seriously got to try upping your fat intake. If it's not a sodium issue it could very well be the 'lube'. Active women especially need more fat and I know you've mentioned that you're exercising regularly. I know it can seem against the grain to up calories/ fat by taking in fattier meats or extra oil but sometimes it's the magic charm in losing...

I'm phasing out of the reboot starting today... so it is a full phase 2 day today. Just happy to be at goal (yup, feels just as good as the first time I hit it) and fitting into my pants. Aching to get back to exercise class... soon enough I guess...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #304  

Yesterday just seemed overly extreme to be a cheat meal...but I have read a lot about carb cycling and I wonder if you might be right about that!

I am just happy that I finally feel normal after my workout and am enjoying my steak, asparagus and Zuchinni!

I believe my Chinese cravings should be satisfied for another year!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #305  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
The scale is always a very, very scary thing when you can feel the water retention. But Mom2cs I would think having that one meal a week that's a splurge meal should help rather than hinder?? Not the very next day of course but in the overall grand scheme of things it's "supposed" to elevate lipids and help out with increasing metabolism and 'keeping the body guessing'??

Mom3- you've seriously got to try upping your fat intake. If it's not a sodium issue it could very well be the 'lube'. Active women especially need more fat and I know you've mentioned that you're exercising regularly. I know it can seem against the grain to up calories/ fat by taking in fattier meats or extra oil but sometimes it's the magic charm in losing...

I'm phasing out of the reboot starting today... so it is a full phase 2 day today. Just happy to be at goal (yup, feels just as good as the first time I hit it) and fitting into my pants. Aching to get back to exercise class... soon enough I guess...
thank you, I have been adding more fat in the last few days so fingers crossed it helps some!

congrats on heading into Phase 2 again and more importantly, on fitting into your pants!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #306  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Yesterday just seemed overly extreme to be a cheat meal...but I have read a lot about carb cycling and I wonder if you might be right about that!

I am just happy that I finally feel normal after my workout and am enjoying my steak, asparagus and Zuchinni!

I believe my Chinese cravings should be satisfied for another year!

mmmmm.... Chinese.... oh dear! lol
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #307  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
mmmmm.... Chinese.... oh dear! lol
Haha was thinking the same thing....boy that sounds good right now....
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #308  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
I may be joining you sooner then later, Darbs. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost nothing this week.... my official weigh in is tomorrow though. Not sure why my body has such an issue with getting into the 140's?!?! I guess it really likes the weight I am at. FRUSTRATING!

Fingers crossed your weigh in surprises you!!

Maybe because you look awesome....it has to be somewhat about how you look....not just that number.

Quote:
Another weekend...another complete breakdown! Hubby wanted Chinese for fathers day. Will be paying for this all week! Sigh
I have not had Chinese in forever...but leave for Vegas on Saturday...gone for 12 days (Vegas...then Zion hiking....then back to Vegas) and I think I will have some out there.

I too was naughty naughty naughty all weekend....so bloated....I was bad 4 nights in a row (great the rest of the day though). But this morning a little better...let's see what Friday brings (weigh-in day).

Keep up the good work everyone...by good work I mean

1. We are all here so we are not at our starting weights or going back to them. We are all focused and doing our bests for the moment.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #309  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Maybe because you look awesome....it has to be somewhat about how you look....not just that number.
thank you for that Darbs.... I agree, when you feel good in your skin (clothed skin to be exact! ) that has to count for something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I have not had Chinese in forever...but leave for Vegas on Saturday...gone for 12 days (Vegas...then Zion hiking....then back to Vegas) and I think I will have some out there.

I too was naughty naughty naughty all weekend....so bloated....I was bad 4 nights in a row (great the rest of the day though). But this morning a little better...let's see what Friday brings (weigh-in day).

Keep up the good work everyone...by good work I mean

1. We are all here so we are not at our starting weights or going back to them. We are all focused and doing our bests for the moment.

Have a great time on your vacation!!! Sounds like a heck of a good time... I LOVE Vegas!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #310  
it's my time to shine!

Oh, forgot to add I weighed this morning and I went up even more... I have no clue what is going on... I had one heck of a workout at MMA training last night so maybe I am retaining water. Who knows...
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #311  

Mom3

In january I did a reboot to lose the 12 or go pounds I had let creep up. It took 8 weeks and for 3 of them I had no change. None. Full on phase 1 and exercising for 1-2 hours every day.

After those 3 weeks I suddenly started losing, and not only did the pounds go, but I lost more inches than ever.

I struggled to stick eith it and get from 145 to 139 (would love to see a 3), but I just don't think I'm going to get there unless I stop working out. I have resigned myself to be a phase 1 weekday er and it allows me to maintain between 145-149.

Forget about the daily weigh in for a week. It is discouraging. Just stick to your plan and the scale will move again!

Ps-I had been not using restricteds in january, but once I stalled I added a bar and not only did I have more energy, I was less hungry and the scale dropped.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Mom2cs- I have to agree with you. Working out plays funny tricks on weight loss. I think I lost as quickly as I did because I've been sidelined from working out so there was no muscle gain (but almost definitely some muscle loss ).
And, too, that you could definitely hit the 130's but it would require losing muscle mass which after all the time you've spent building it up why would you want to lose it? Plus more muscle = higher metabolic rate. Definitely favorable. And your bf% kicks some serious a** !
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #313  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Mom3

In january I did a reboot to lose the 12 or go pounds I had let creep up. It took 8 weeks and for 3 of them I had no change. None. Full on phase 1 and exercising for 1-2 hours every day.

After those 3 weeks I suddenly started losing, and not only did the pounds go, but I lost more inches than ever.

I struggled to stick eith it and get from 145 to 139 (would love to see a 3), but I just don't think I'm going to get there unless I stop working out. I have resigned myself to be a phase 1 weekday er and it allows me to maintain between 145-149.

Forget about the daily weigh in for a week. It is discouraging. Just stick to your plan and the scale will move again!

Ps-I had been not using restricteds in january, but once I stalled I added a bar and not only did I have more energy, I was less hungry and the scale dropped.

thank you, I appreciate you sharing your story! (sounds similar to what I'm experiencing for sure!)

I am not willing to give up exercising so I guess it is what it is. I am going to stay off of the scale for a few days... that is REALLY hard for me to do though but I'm going to try.

I feel great, I get a ton of compliments on what I have achieved but for some reason, I am still stuck on the number on that scale. I wish I never had it in my head to lose 100 lbs because if I see anything short of that, I feel like a failure. (my own hang up I guess)
Old 06-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #314  

Your pictures are amazing! What a change!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #315  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Your pictures are amazing! What a change!
thank you!

I couldn't resist and weighed in this morning.... still up a few ounces at 152.8

I have no more to say.... I'm so discouraged.