Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #106  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
going going gone!
Not a good night...caved!

So the record stands at 13 days on phase 1...althought the last 5 of these 13....had minor infractions. Ate steak 2 nights in a row...salad with ceasar dressing and meat...boom....scale down 2 pounds this weekend. Maybe it wasn't enough food for all the activity.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It is so hard to really know what help and what hurts!
Mothers day today....I am debating between bbqing ribs (with wf sauce, which I love) or Chinese! I think I should save the splurge for next week when I am in London. The chips will probably win there!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Yes, save the splurge! Chinese will ALWAYS be there. Plus BBQ ribs sound simply delicious!

Darbs, get right back on the wagon! I am doing ok in P1. A few "minor infractions" as you say, but it is all protein, so I don't feel too bad. I had to force myself to not step on the scale today, but I did it.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
It is so hard to really know what help and what hurts!
Mothers day today....I am debating between bbqing ribs (with wf sauce, which I love) or Chinese! I think I should save the splurge for next week when I am in London. The chips will probably win there!
London will be fun and a good reason for a cheat. I am headed out to dinner, plan on being ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Yes, save the splurge! Chinese will ALWAYS be there. Plus BBQ ribs sound simply delicious!

Darbs, get right back on the wagon! I am doing ok in P1. A few "minor infractions" as you say, but it is all protein, so I don't feel too bad. I had to force myself to not step on the scale today, but I did it.

I am so excited that the scale is down 3 pounds since Thursday....after that major stall...imagine...my first 7-8 days were perfect phase one and not a single ounce loss....but the little extras...brought on the first pound loss and then my big meals (which were low carb and still total daily calories around 1400ish)...and wooosh went the pounds.

Pretty sure out of ketosis from the drinks I had last night...watermelon martinis and I got sick with wicked cramps in the middle of the night. So think I will do a new thing for the next four weeks....

shake for breakfast....phase2 lunch....phase one dinner....but snack will be greek yogurt and berries. Hopefully I can lose 2-3 pounds in the month or at least maintain.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #110  

The ribs are slow cooking now! Decided a nice glass or 2 of red will be treat enough for mothers day!
Now time to get ready for ds 9th birthday party!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #111  

Darbs- sounds like a good plan. I too find that if I shake things up with a higher calorie meal (still low carb) it gets things moving again. I can imagine your relief with the scale finally showing a big drop. It can be so frustrating when you see the same number day in and day out.

I think you will get back into ketosis quickly enough. I seem to have no problems slipping right back into it, even if I am out of it for long stretches of time.

I do find that I am leaning more toward an "Atkins-y" lifestyle. I like the idea of being able to eat more protein (until satiety) and a little more fat (nuts, cheeses, etc...). But I find that I feel most deprived on the weekends. Week days are so routine that I find I do not really miss anything, but the weekends are so hit or miss.

I actually did an Atkins style meal last night. We were looking to run out and have a quick meal and decided on Ruby Tuesday's. Had their salad bar, which I loaded up with IP veggies and then added on sunflower seeds, eggs, ham and a little cheese. Then for my entree I had a petite sirloin with cauliflower. It was definitely higher in fat, calories and protein than a typical IP meal, but still low carb that I didn't get kicked out of ketosis. I definitely didn't weigh myself today because I know the sodium would get me. But I feel like if I can do something like this on the weekends, it will be much more tolerable.

Today has actually been a fairly decent day for P1. I did have a few almonds and I did add cheese on my chicken at lunch, but besides that it has been pretty on point. I definitely feel so much better and even if the scale is not cooperating, I feel and look smaller, and my stomach is definitely flatter.

I don't know if you guys are like this, but my stomach blows up like a balloon when I eat flour or grains. So even when I am in maintenance, I really have to be careful of what carbs I choose, unless of course, I am throwing caution to the wind and caving on a craving

Oh, so after my 1st week of P1, I am pretty much at ground zero. When I weighed yesterday I was at 135.6. Everything else from here is going to new lows. Not sure how the scale is going to go, but even if I can get to 130, I can make 135 my new ceiling number, not 140. We'll see what the next couple of weeks bring and how frustrated I get
Old 05-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #112  

Yes. Any real carb indulgence causes me gas, bloating and water retention.
I much prefer to indulge in fat and protein. I don't often miss the starch if I allow myself to have a few nuts, cheese, etc.
I also find I go back into ketosis fairly easily. I think exercising so much keeps my glycogen low, evn if I do have carbs (tortilla chips get me every time)!

Glad my kids birthday parties are done for another year. Glad to see the last of cake! I don't like it!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #113  

Good point about the exercising. That could very well be the reason why I have no problems slipping right into ketosis. Tortilla chips and salsa are a huge downfall for me as well.

Darbs- how is it going today? Back on P1?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #114  

My cheat on Saturday started a mexican restaurant with chips/salsa and a skinny margarita.

Today not so bad....not doing phase 1....but will keep calories under 1200 and carbs under 40.

I had two eggs for breakfast
salad with 2 boiled eggs and avocado for lunch..used a yogurt dressing...50 calories and 2 carbs.

Dinner planning on chicken and brocolli

snack...plain greek yorgurt with some berries and almonds (that is the plan).

I think I will do phase 1 tomorrow...I think I am going to do every other day like the one above....but I have another cheat day in 2 weeks (the 27th) we are going out of town for the night for our anniversary.

How are you doing? Scale down?

I am off the scale for a few days....drank about 130 ounces of water yesterday and did not pee much...fluid retention from the alcohol on Saturday.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #115  

You are back on track, that is what counts! I am going to try to stay off of the scale for a few days so it doesn't mess with my head. We ate out on Sat. and while I did an IP friendly meal, the sodium always gets me in restaurant food, so I also want to flush it out before getting on the scale again.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #116  

I have even forcing myself to weigh in Monday's just to check the damage!! As long as I am in the 140s I am ok. But week days are always phase 1 or 2 anyway.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #117  

Made it through yesterday and stuck to my plan 100%. Today is a phase 1 day.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm stuck at the same weight for the last couple of weeks. Going to try something a little different - This week I started adding spinich and chocolate RTD to blender with a little ice - just tired of eating veggies outright, so I have one spinch/chocolate beverage for breakfast and 1 for dinner. Salad and grilled chicken for lunch with cucumbers, etc. Lets see how this works!
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 203/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Darbs...thanks so much for starting this thread. I reached 1/2 of my total goal so I decided to phase off thinking it would be easy to restart. Boy was I wrong!!! I have been back OP (well supposed to be) for 2 weeks now. I have a couple of good days then, bam, back to the drawing board. So far I have managed to lose an additional 4 lbs but, as you know, that comes on just as fast as it went off. It is so nice knowing I'm not the only one having to struggle with restarting!
m3foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #120  

Good afternoon ladies! So I had to check my scale today and was rewarded with a nice little drop. Down to 134.8, which of course, made me happy. I tried something a little bit different, and I added a little bit more protein and fat.

At bfast, I had a packet PLUS (3) scrambled egg whites. Then at lunch I added a 100 cal pack of the Emerald cocoa roasted almonds. Nothing too drastic, but it gave me a little bit more calories, fat and protein. I am going to keep this up for a couple more days and see if I get another drop.

M3, I am in the same boat. My original goal was 125 but I phased off at 135 because I was ready at that point. I successfully maintained it for 5 months, but just recently decided to get back on P1 to see how close to 125 I can get. So far I am 1 week in. It has not been perfect, and the losses are much slower now, but I do feel better. It is definitely not easy to get back on the wagon, but I also definitely needed a break from P1 at the time.