Old 05-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #121  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Wow! What an active bunch of folks today. We have both the seasoned vets and the newbies.

Welcome back, Carla. We really have missed you. Even though it has been said a thousand times, I'm very sorry for your loss. Your Grandma will be with you in spirit as you continue your journey.

Good luck Juice. You will continue to do great and we look forward to glimpses of your progress from time to time.

Laura- if you get an electronic copy of the food journal, please share. I have not been good at keeping track of what I'm doing. But my little plastic baggie of pills for each day has helped me remember to take them.

And thanks again to all of the other folks who regulary contribute and help us out (you know who you are...). I'm glad we're in this together (although I wish I never needed this in the first place).

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 05-02-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!

I have WI #6 tomorrow and I'm actually excited! I think it's going to be a good week - I've seen major changes in my body in the past week and I think I have the potential to lose 3+ pounds this week.
amoderngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #123  
AnitaNewBody

S/C/G: S172/C155/G150

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
Confession: Giving up alcohol has been THE HARDEST part of this for me. I have a husband who still indulges and sometimes I just kinda want throat punch him when he drinks in front of me.
So funny this is how I feel and I'm only on day 5 and have been designated driver x 2 in 5 days......OMG when I get to my goal hello red wine.
Anitanewdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #124  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

back from WI #9 and I am down another 3.5 lbs for a total of 27 lbs in 9 weeks. I am SO happy! I am also 55% of my way to goal, blowing past the 50% goal I had hoped to get to today.

My son's daycare class is hosting a breakfast for their teachers tomorrow morning as part of teacher appreciation week. I looked at the sign-up sheet and almost fainted (bagels, muffins, breakfast pastries, etc.). I am sending fruit and mini egg-white frittatas with canadian bacon and peppers.

Yes, this program changes everything!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #125  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Thank you everyone for the kind words and wishes. I just need to see now if I can do this on my own as I decided I needed to see if I could do my own IP version on my own. I hope no one takes this wrong, but I think we all should take a look at this program and protocol on our own and say "how do I make this work in the real world?" You can not continue to eat "packets" and bars your remaining years, just not feasible. If calories in are greater than calories out, we gain weight. I want to be able to enjoy family dinners, I want to enjoy social events. I spent 3 months not enjoying those things. This protocol taught me a lot that I can take from here forward. I now have to learn to adapt to real life. Will I over indulge, sure. Will I have items I know I shouldn't 2 or 3 days in a row, probably. The key I learned is what can I do to counter act those things. The biggest part I learned from this journey was how much the excess weight I was carrying was holding me back. Sure I am sore from going to the gym, but it is a great soreness. I like it. I like running now. I think many of you will find this too once you start to get closer to the end.

In the end, we all have to find a way to make this work in our own lives and worlds. No one plan works for everyone forever.

I will still hang around and post, respond and read. I want to give normal life about 2 weeks and see what my weight says. If it is becoming a problem, sure I will start the program again and figure the ending out once again. This to me is not a one time fail and give up type deal. If it starts not to work as planned, jump back on on protocol and evaluate what went wrong and how do I change it.

Don't stress about changing phases or gaining a few pounds back. If you are that concerned with some weight gain, then go 5 lbs below your goal. I already know I will gain weight, but I plan to do it in the form of lean mass, will I gain some fat along the way, possibly, but I am ok with that. Embrace going to new phases and learning more. Embrace new foods and old foods. No one wants to do phase 1 any longer than they have too. I will do it again if I have too, promise.

Good luck to you all and thank you. I will still be around, maybe just not as much. I will still keep my Thursday WI reporting so you can all see what is going on. Who knows what the next 2 weeks will hold.
I'm totally with you on this Juice! as I am getting closer to my goal I'm starting to think more about life "after" IP and thinking about how to not gain weight back. I too am going to be hitting the gym again once I get closer to my goal. Its more important to me to be fit and healthy than skinny (which with my body type I never will be anyways) This diet will have hopefully re-set my pancreas so that I can maintain and lose weight by eating right/exercising and it has taught me to say no!
Adrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
I'm just like you. I'll weigh myself just BEFORE I hope into the shower (can't add that water weight from wet hair. lol) in the morning when I'm dehydrated from the night, empty of my morning constitutional, and without those 0.5-4 lbs of clothing. I know it's always lower than my average day's weight, but I think of it of where I will be in a day or two. Then I'll always weigh myself after I get home from work, because that would be more reflective of what my official weigh in will be since it is scheduled for early evening.

But then...sometimes I'll weigh myself, go to the bathroom, and then weigh myself again! I can't stop the constant checking--have I lost weight now, how about now, how about if I fart, now? I probably never hit the same number over the course of a day, but I try to not let myself get down and it's nice to see that range of weights gradually decend rather than the gradually increase as it had been in my "previous life".
Thanks for the laugh...I have the constant check syndrome too...this morning, I weighed (my actual WI), then went downstairs and back up again and weighed again and gained 1 1/2 pounds...can you imagine, so I stopped there cuz I had gained. I never heard anything so funny as to weigh yourself after a fart!!! Freakin hilarious!!!
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #127  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm a scale tramp- many have shared similar confessions. I weigh every night and every morning (pre shower LOL). My official WI is Wednesday and I am .5 lb away from being out of 220s. All I can say is YAY!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 214/184.6/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Welcome back Carla!!! I have learned sooooo much from you!!!! I started my first day back at the "Y", it felt good after no exercise for 4 months! 45 minute spin class. Tomorrow strength training. I really hope the exercise doesn't negative affect my weight loss!
GetHealthyShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1stbeachy View Post
Does anyone know if ketosis causes migrianes? I have had a major headache since Friday, not sure if I am going through withdrawls or what. This is my 8th day on IP and I think my body is rebelling!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsstubbe View Post
When I have a headache, I mix some sea salt in water and drink it. (taste terrbile but helps) Head ache is gone before I know it. Also increase your water intake to help with headaches.
I've found my chronic migraines have actually decreased since I started IP. It was terrible the first week or so (but March is always bad for me), but now I'm at an all time low of <1/wk, which is totally unheard of at this time of year. Now moving into phase 3 so I hope it lasts.

I hope the salt/water helps, though. For many people, electrolyte imbalances cause headaches. If your headaches are more like mine, Excedrin, coffee and a dark, quiet room are the prescription (and narcotics if you got em).
Finie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #130  
Started IP Nov 18 2013

S/C/G: 246/241/145

Height: 5 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hey guys! does anyone have a food journal in spreadsheet format that they would like to share with me? i've decided to do my food journals electronically and email them to my coach instead of writing everything down in the little book. let me know if you have a pre-made spreadsheet.

thanks!
Bumped the Weekly Food Diary sheet
Comment #5
emmasmom63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Congratulations! I am very excited for you.

I also want to thank you for encouraging me to look at the whole picture not each weeks WI. I go in for WI#3 on Thursday and I will be happy with whatever the scale says. (But I have to admit, I do hope my results are simular to yours.)

Stay in touch.
You will do great, I have confidence in you, try your best to stay positive! Can't wait to hear from you Thursday
I know how you feel with a small loss, but we have to look at our long term goals...mine is PEANUT BUTTER on a spoon YUMMY
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #132  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
back from WI #9 and I am down another 3.5 lbs for a total of 27 lbs in 9 weeks. I am SO happy! I am also 55% of my way to goal, blowing past the 50% goal I had hoped to get to today.
Way to go, Dr. Pxlkitty! You are doing a fantastic job!!!

Have fun at the breakfast tomorrow.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #133  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmom63 View Post
Bumped the Weekly Food Diary sheet
Comment #5
thank you!!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

My son's daycare class is hosting a breakfast for their teachers tomorrow morning as part of teacher appreciation week. I looked at the sign-up sheet and almost fainted (bagels, muffins, breakfast pastries, etc.). I am sending fruit and mini egg-white frittatas with canadian bacon and peppers.

Yes, this program changes everything!
That's so great!! Congrats on such a big # for WI 9. I hope I get a high # tomorrow for WI#13..
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
@Juiceman: congrats on an amazing job! I think there should be no concern for your decision to go off program. You're so close to your magic number, and it's not lot like you're un-IPing to resume your previous life. With you workout plan (omg, sounds so intense) it sounds like you've not lost your commitment to better fitness, just the expression of that commitment.

Good luck!! Hope to continue to hear about your progress.

For myself, I have to share my great weekend and it's NSVs:
1) I went shopping for new pants. I brought a pair of size 18 pants into the dressing room as a lark--they didn't have that style in my size of 20. And as I slipped them on (already bummed that they didn't have my size available and mad that despite losing 40lbs, I've only dropped 2 pant sizes), and low and behold, the pants not only fit past my thighs and my butt, but they also zipped up and were not vacuum sealing my gut or butt! Shut up, I'm an 18?!? wahoo! I think that means IP has reversed time back 15-18 years (according to my *** clock).

2) In order to motivate myself to choose fitness over of doughy, fatty foods of comfort, I've decided to take up roller skating (quads, not inlines) with the ultimate intention of trying out for a roller derby league next year. So I've stared at my new skates for a month, with 3 miserable, 5-minute attempts at shuffling around my backyard and then mentally beating myself up for not being able to remember how to skate (from 30 years ago). So inspired by spring finally arriving, I found a vast, empty, FLAT parking lot with no witnesses. And so I shuffled, and then I SKATED! and then I skated some more! then I was skating and SMILING! So though I have less back cushion to fall on, I don't think I would have attempted this daunting feat without IP. Now, I'm not full of "I can't _____" but learning that I still can!

Hope you all have great OP day and don't get discouraged. Try to think of little slips as just little lessons reminding us why we are on this journey and how we can tackle the same situations in the "real world".
nerd- what a great story about the roller skates. good for you and thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
Confession: Giving up alcohol has been THE HARDEST part of this for me. I have a husband who still indulges and sometimes I just kinda want throat punch him when he drinks in front of me.
belly- *throat punch* why didn't i think of that! i must be losing some fat again cuz my hormones are whacked. my poor dh! i've been a real raging you know what lately but then blink an eye and i'm sobbing tears. i was stuck at 150 and kinda was not being very OP during most of april. but now that i've got things moving again, the emotions are high! seems like i've been from one end of the spectrum to the other since i started this program....
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote