Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #91  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Yayyyyyyy Carla - WELCOME back!!!! So sorry to hear about your grandmother - you wrote highly of her - the two of you were lucky and blessed to be part of each other's lives. I am glad to see you are back - your new picture is fantastic!!! (you look so good - I love the hair)
Thank you! Yes, we were very close. She was also a big motivator and support for me in my weight loss journey.

You have been giving some really great advice! Isn't it amazing how much we learn on this diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsstubbe View Post
I follow a strict protocol also. Changed to only have 2 restricted items per week. Weight slowly coming off. Then I see friends cheating and they seem to have large weight losses each week. Makes me wonder if they are telling me the truth. But, I'm hanging in there. Did not gain the weight over night and not going to lose it over night either.
You really can't compare yourself to others. Each of us has different macro nutrient needs. Some of us need more fat, some more carbs. If you don't need as many carbs as your friends it may seem you have to work harder to get your body to comply with your wishes. In the end, it should really be a journey about finding out at what levels your body performs best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if someone else was up to taking over the opening and closing of the daily threads on here. If so, please private message me. Preferably, it would be someone who could open the thread early in the AM or after midnight (on the west coast).

Thanks!
Sheila
Sheila,

Really, there is no reason it has to be one person. Once, a long time ago (really only a year ago now ) we use to have anyone open the thread each week. As long as everyone knows what the opening post forum looks like, and will copy past and update the links, anyone who notices it is a new day and wants to open the post can do it.

Not sure what you think of that but, it would remove the task from a few people to allowing it to be a shared group responsibility again. And, yes, you do still have the occasion where multiple threads start fairly close to each other. When the happens the less use thread is closed by the person who opened it and linked in a post to the more active thread.

What do you think?
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #92  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Hi everyone! I've been very busy lately and so I've only been able to come on here sporadically to catch glimpses here and there. Hope everyone's doing well!

I've been doing great, staying OP, losing inches or weight every other week. Weeks 4 and 5, I lost 1.4 and 1.2lbs, but I was down 3 inches both weeks. Then, this past week, I lost 3.6 pounds, and was down 0 inches! I guess I can't ask for too much, but it's been steady, and I've been very positive and happy with my progress.

I tried celeriac today for the first time. I boiled and mashed it, cooked it with some spinach, lemon juice, and mustard. I'm really not so sure what I think of it. I didn't like it at first, but my taste buds got used to it about halfway through. I just don't know if I really like it or not, and I have half the vegetable left, still. I'll have to search the recipe threads to find a creative way to prepare it.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
This is one of those vegetables that benefits from being roasted rather then boiled -- I roast mine with fennel and then mash it adding a bit of chicken stock, I add a bit of finely diced shallots and some fresh Italian flat leaf parsley - a bit of salt and pepper. It is delicious - I sometimes add it to cauliflower puree to give a different flavor. Celery root flavor is delicate and when roasted can be a bit sweet - I have also used it as a thickner/base for things like a mushroom gravy over wilted spinach and pan seared chicken breast (basically add enough to chicken stock to thin out the the puree mix- add your sauteed mushrooms mix which consists of mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper - stir until blended) Pan sear your chicken breasts (pound them out thin - they cook fast this way)spoon the gravy over your chicken breasts and enjoy. Because of its delicate flavor celery root can be over powered by other spices/mustards so think of delicate spices - or simple preparations -- Also think of foods that pair well with the anise or almost licorice flavor of celery root (similar to fennel) that includes seafood like shrimp and scallops, chicken and believe it or not - lamb. I have used pureed celery root to make a greek style lamb meat ball - excellent. Hope this helps - and yayyyy you for trying something new and sharing it with the group - this is what makes the diet less monotonous and will hopefully introduce new things that will stay on the menu long after you are done (think maintenance)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #93  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
Confession Time: I am a scale whore.

I find myself jumping on the scale several times a day. I don't really worry about what the numbers say but I'm always curious about the fluctuations in weight during the day. I only record my weight once per week.
I weigh everyday but only in the morning. Dr. Oz says the best time to weigh is around 6:3am.
traeh1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1stbeachy View Post
Thanks for the info I will try the salt water/extra water...if it doesn't help with the headache it will definitely make me poop
Don't know about the poop part--I have problems in that area. Wish I could find something that helps the big "C".
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
This is one of those vegetables that benefits from being roasted rather then boiled -- I roast mine with fennel and then mash it adding a bit of chicken stock, I add a bit of finely diced shallots and some fresh Italian flat leaf parsley - a bit of salt and pepper. It is delicious - I sometimes add it to cauliflower puree to give a different flavor. Celery root flavor is delicate and when roasted can be a bit sweet - I have also used it as a thickner/base for things like a mushroom gravy over wilted spinach and pan seared chicken breast (basically add enough to chicken stock to thin out the the puree mix- add your sauteed mushrooms mix which consists of mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper - stir until blended) Pan sear your chicken breasts (pound them out thin - they cook fast this way)spoon the gravy over your chicken breasts and enjoy. Because of its delicate flavor celery root can be over powered by other spices/mustards so think of delicate spices - or simple preparations -- Also think of foods that pair well with the anise or almost licorice flavor of celery root (similar to fennel) that includes seafood like shrimp and scallops, chicken and believe it or not - lamb. I have used pureed celery root to make a greek style lamb meat ball - excellent. Hope this helps - and yayyyy you for trying something new and sharing it with the group - this is what makes the diet less monotonous and will hopefully introduce new things that will stay on the menu long after you are done (think maintenance)
Thanks for the great ideas!! I respect your opinions when it comes to cooking, and I greatly admire you for them, too. I'll be printing this out and will try it. I love the idea of making a mushroom gravy with it, and I can see how it would go well with lamb.

I always love to try new things! I definitely have made some meals that will stay on my lifelong menu.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Thank you CheekyWit

Thank you so much for the encouragment! I was beginning to wonder what I was doing wrong. I was so embarrassed when I had only loss 1#. You hit the nail on the head, like you I am a bit of a control freak. I can control what I put in my mouth, but can't control the scale. I didn't think about it that way. This will help me with my anxiety.
Lace and Levis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Way to Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
WI#3 another 6lbs gone...total 13 pounds in 3 weeks!
Congratulations! I am very excited for you.

I also want to thank you for encouraging me to look at the whole picture not each weeks WI. I go in for WI#3 on Thursday and I will be happy with whatever the scale says. (But I have to admit, I do hope my results are simular to yours.)

Stay in touch.
Lace and Levis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #98  

back, Carla!!!.. I didn't get around to reading yesterday's posts 'til late, so I didn't get a chance to say howdy last night... you've been missed a bunch!.. sending my most loving & sincere sympathy on the loss of your grandmother... your relationship with her seemed to be so close, so wonderful... I know you must miss her terribly...

hugs, hugs, & more hugs...
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #99  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to say a big CONGRADULATIONS!!! to cout & juiceman!!! Holy moly you guys are doing amazing!!!

Today has officially been a week since I got back OP. Feeling good, feeling great!!

I'm all organized and ready to go back to class tomorrow. I finished everything on my to-do list which feels great! I know more will be added to that list as I go along but at least some "spring cleaning" was accomplished and I have some sense of organization at home.
I really have no idea how much I lost this first week. I didn't even weigh myself until the 3rd day. Hahaha. Oh well - I really need to start going in to see my coach. Weighin is very motivational. Maybe Friday.....

Well I hope everyone has a good day! Take care xoxoxx
SashaJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am thinking of adding a packet per day...

I am ALWAYS very hungry around 4 p.m. and I think this is starting to hinder my loss. I am thinking of adding a packet (a drink of some kind) around 4 p.m. every day. I would prefer not to give up my chocolate RTD in the evening if I don't have to.

My day would typically look like this:

B~ Vanilla RTD & instant coffee
L~ Packet (perhaps a restricted), salad, veggies
S~ Drink packet of some kind (RTD or other)
D~ Protein + veggies
S~ Chocolate RTD

I don't want to be hungry any more and I think I am doing worse by adding ham, eggs, dill pickles and etc. than I would be with a protein drink.

Any thoughts?
Is it too much?
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great week.

I would like to share with the group that I am taking a break from the program and may be finished with it.
juiceman, you're where I think we all want to be eventually... congrats on your so-amazing success... your attitude is just as impressive as your weight loss... glad you'll still be visiting us... best wishes in the next phase of this incredible adventure...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #102  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
back, Carla!!!.. I didn't get around to reading yesterday's posts 'til late, so I didn't get a chance to say howdy last night... you've been missed a bunch!.. sending my most loving & sincere sympathy on the loss of your grandmother... your relationship with her seemed to be so close, so wonderful... I know you must miss her terribly...

hugs, hugs, & more hugs...
Thank you!! And, thanks for the great read about lactic acid. I really enjoyed that bit of info. How are you? Are you back at your kettle bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

I am ALWAYS very hungry around 4 p.m. and I think this is starting to hinder my loss. I am thinking of adding a packet (a drink of some kind) around 4 p.m. every day. I would prefer not to give up my chocolate RTD in the evening if I don't have to.

D~ Protein + veggies
S~ Chocolate RTD

I don't want to be hungry any more and I think I am doing worse by adding ham, eggs, dill pickles and etc. than I would be with a protein drink.

Any thoughts?
Is it too much?
not a bad idea. You can also add just some egg whites.

As a side note, you may be creating your afternoon hunger by your morning routine. Having coffee can cause some people to become hypoglycemic. Then if you are having a restricted packet (your highest carbs) you create another little bump in your blood sugar and as it fades, you feel hungry again. This is less extreme perhaps than what would happen with more "real world" food but, relative to us and this diet it is the same. You could be having a natural overnight low, made worse by morning coffee, not compensated by the protein drink with lower carbs, then bumped by the restricted and later needing more protein to try and level out.

You could try dropping the coffee first thing in the am or just wait until after you have had a protein to start your day. Once the blood sugar is more level you should be able to have coffee without as much impact. Assuming that were a problem for you. It is for some people.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #103  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

D~ Protein + veggies
S~ Chocolate RTD

Any thoughts?
Is it too much?
I think if you add an extra packet you might need to give up the restricted - the issue with adding an extra packet is that you are also adding extra carbs now granted most of the drinks - with the exception of the chocolate drink have only about 3-4 carbs but if you add those to your restricted carbs you could end up with more carbs then you need -- so your day would look like this:

Breakfast - RTD has 3-4 carbs
Lunch - Restricted has 15 carbs
Snack - 3-4 carbs
Dinner -????
Evening Snack - 3-4 carbs

So your day total with just packets (which doesn't take into account your veggie carbs and any incidental carbs) is 24-27 which may be too much for you considering you will get carbs from the veggies - this could easily put you over 30 carbs - some bodies will still loose past 30 carbs - sadly I am not one of those bodies. Eggs, ham and pickles have protein and no carbs which help. How many weeks have you tried adding an extra protein (egg/ham) in the afternoon? Typically these types of switches need at least a week or so to see the impact. If that doesn't work then try adding a 4th packet and see what happens - all of us experience different things on this diet -the challenging part is seeing what works -- In my experience thus far I am less fat sensitive (so I can add the egg, extra oil etc) then I am carb sensitive -- like I said if I go over about 30 carbs I am almost out of ketosis. Keep in mind too that as you lose weight what works this week may not work 3 weeks from now...it is a constant tweaking to get our bodies to respond. Hope this helps...you will get there I promise, it is just going to take a bit of experimenting and patience
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #104  
Janelle

SusieBee: I also agree with adding some protein in the middle of the day. I sometimes will have half of my dinner protein in the middle of the day to help me on my hungry days.
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #105  

Height: 5'2"

Can someone help me with the Big Mac in a bowl recipe! I cant find it anywhere!!!!!
Keair is offline   Reply With Quote