Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
Hey everyone! It is my first post! I have been doing IP for 4 weeks now, I had an amazing first 2 weeks and now I have been stalling. I think I need to be talked off the ledge, because I really want to quit today. I have had better success with other programs and had to give up less. I am so, so frustrated!
Stay the course! I was a carb fiend and after 8 weeks the cravings finally left me. Stick with us and we will help you....I was frustrated too but now IP is my was of life!
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I have been strict with protocol. I do have 1 restricted IP food a day but I never do the restricted veggies, etc. I get my oils in and am drinking like 3 liters of water a day.

I think my body is just wondering what the heck I am up to and waiting to see if I am going to continue. Maybe it is just mad because I had to give up beer.

I think I am going to return to the gym and see if that helps. I am on week 4...
I follow a strict protocol also. Changed to only have 2 restricted items per week. Weight slowly coming off. Then I see friends cheating and they seem to have large weight losses each week. Makes me wonder if they are telling me the truth. But, I'm hanging in there. Did not gain the weight over night and not going to lose it over night either.
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
angelbeliever, sometimes it may seem like you have a long time to reach your goal, but time goes by so fast that you will be there before you know it. Good luck to you.
Thanks! I am going to stay the course! I have nothing to lose but all this weight! I am making some wonderful friends on here and I so appreiciate it.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I am seriously considering giving my scale to my IP coach until I am done with this process. I was literally in tears this morning because it just isn't moving like I want it to. I also have super-high expectations, which I also need to stop immediately.
I get really discouraged when the scale doesn't move like I want it to. But, then I go weigh in with my coach and their scale has moved downward. I have 3 weeks until vacation (going to see my children) and wanted to have more weight off to surprise them. I'm 50 pounds lightly then the last time they saw me. I think they will be surprised anyway.
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #80  
Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsstubbe View Post
I follow a strict protocol also. Changed to only have 2 restricted items per week. Weight slowly coming off. Then I see friends cheating and they seem to have large weight losses each week. Makes me wonder if they are telling me the truth. But, I'm hanging in there. Did not gain the weight over night and not going to lose it over night either.
Thanks! I wish it did happen overnight...but reality is such a jerk sometimes!
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #81  

darbs7, I am from the Finger Lakes Area. Geneva,N.Y. I agree this is the best thing I have ever been on. As I'm sure, plenty of us have been on so many diets and spent tons of money only to end up in failure. I am bound and determined this time to succeed. No matter how long this journey take me. I love the Lake George/Saratoga area.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great week.

I would like to share with the group that I am taking a break from the program and may be finished with it. I want to get back into 6 days of weight training which will include intense cardio. What I have tried so far in past few weeks have left me wiped out and feeling terrible. Even adding in extra calories, shakes, bars, etc.
@Juiceman: congrats on an amazing job! I think there should be no concern for your decision to go off program. You're so close to your magic number, and it's not lot like you're un-IPing to resume your previous life. With you workout plan (omg, sounds so intense) it sounds like you've not lost your commitment to better fitness, just the expression of that commitment.

Good luck!! Hope to continue to hear about your progress.

For myself, I have to share my great weekend and it's NSVs:
1) I went shopping for new pants. I brought a pair of size 18 pants into the dressing room as a lark--they didn't have that style in my size of 20. And as I slipped them on (already bummed that they didn't have my size available and mad that despite losing 40lbs, I've only dropped 2 pant sizes), and low and behold, the pants not only fit past my thighs and my butt, but they also zipped up and were not vacuum sealing my gut or butt! Shut up, I'm an 18?!? wahoo! I think that means IP has reversed time back 15-18 years (according to my *** clock).

2) In order to motivate myself to choose fitness over of doughy, fatty foods of comfort, I've decided to take up roller skating (quads, not inlines) with the ultimate intention of trying out for a roller derby league next year. So I've stared at my new skates for a month, with 3 miserable, 5-minute attempts at shuffling around my backyard and then mentally beating myself up for not being able to remember how to skate (from 30 years ago). So inspired by spring finally arriving, I found a vast, empty, FLAT parking lot with no witnesses. And so I shuffled, and then I SKATED! and then I skated some more! then I was skating and SMILING! So though I have less back cushion to fall on, I don't think I would have attempted this daunting feat without IP. Now, I'm not full of "I can't _____" but learning that I still can!

Hope you all have great OP day and don't get discouraged. Try to think of little slips as just little lessons reminding us why we are on this journey and how we can tackle the same situations in the "real world".

Last edited by nerdigrrl; 05-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.
nerdigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #83  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsstubbe View Post
When I have a headache, I mix some sea salt in water and drink it. (taste terrbile but helps) Head ache is gone before I know it. Also increase your water intake to help with headaches.
Thanks for the info I will try the salt water/extra water...if it doesn't help with the headache it will definitely make me poop
J1stbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Default Not sure what I think about celeriac (celery root)!

Hi everyone! I've been very busy lately and so I've only been able to come on here sporadically to catch glimpses here and there. Hope everyone's doing well!

I've been doing great, staying OP, losing inches or weight every other week. Weeks 4 and 5, I lost 1.4 and 1.2lbs, but I was down 3 inches both weeks. Then, this past week, I lost 3.6 pounds, and was down 0 inches! I guess I can't ask for too much, but it's been steady, and I've been very positive and happy with my progress.

I tried celeriac today for the first time. I boiled and mashed it, cooked it with some spinach, lemon juice, and mustard. I'm really not so sure what I think of it. I didn't like it at first, but my taste buds got used to it about halfway through. I just don't know if I really like it or not, and I have half the vegetable left, still. I'll have to search the recipe threads to find a creative way to prepare it.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Hi everyone! I've been very busy lately and so I've only been able to come on here sporadically to catch glimpses here and there. Hope everyone's doing well!

I've been doing great, staying OP, losing inches or weight every other week. Weeks 4 and 5, I lost 1.4 and 1.2lbs, but I was down 3 inches both weeks. Then, this past week, I lost 3.6 pounds, and was down 0 inches! I guess I can't ask for too much, but it's been steady, and I've been very positive and happy with my progress.

I tried celeriac today for the first time. I boiled and mashed it, cooked it with some spinach, lemon juice, and mustard. I'm really not so sure what I think of it. I didn't like it at first, but my taste buds got used to it about halfway through. I just don't know if I really like it or not, and I have half the vegetable left, still. I'll have to search the recipe threads to find a creative way to prepare it.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
You have motivated me to try celeriac. Now to Google to see if what I think it is (big ball of a root, sort of greenish/white) is what it really is. And to look for recipes, although simple is best, so maybe I'll do what you did. Did you use mustard greens or actual mustard? I have never tried mustard greens either but I love real mustard. Guess mustard greens are on the list to try too, as soon as I check the Phase 1 sheet to make sure they are a-ok!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 164.4/145.0/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
I'm just like you. I'll weigh myself just BEFORE I hope into the shower (can't add that water weight from wet hair. lol) in the morning when I'm dehydrated from the night, empty of my morning constitutional, and without those 0.5-4 lbs of clothing. I know it's always lower than my average day's weight, but I think of it of where I will be in a day or two. Then I'll always weigh myself after I get home from work, because that would be more reflective of what my official weigh in will be since it is scheduled for early evening.

But then...sometimes I'll weigh myself, go to the bathroom, and then weigh myself again! I can't stop the constant checking--have I lost weight now, how about now, how about if I fart, now? I probably never hit the same number over the course of a day, but I try to not let myself get down and it's nice to see that range of weights gradually decend rather than the gradually increase as it had been in my "previous life".
OMG, I thought for a second I was reading a post I had written myself!! I do the exact same thing. I know I shouldn't cause as soon as the numbers are up just a bit I get all depressed and think why bother, might as well go and have some french fries (my weakness). But I give myself a slap and tell myself to smarten up, that I'm in this for the long haul.
kvopni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great week.

I would like to share with the group that I am taking a break from the program and may be finished with it. I want to get back into 6 days of weight training which will include intense cardio. What I have tried so far in past few weeks have left me wiped out and feeling terrible. Even adding in extra calories, shakes, bars, etc.

I know I did not phase off properly, but I want to see how I do in the "real world" food scene and being back in the gym. I have learned many things about foods while on this program and have so much knowledge to take with me. I will not go overboard with my choices, I just want to be done and finish my weightloss with better choices and exercise. I am giving it a week or 2 and will reevaluate coming back on protocol. Thank you to all who helped me out in the beginning and to all those who helped me out during.

I would like to tell Carla, thank you as she helped me a lot in the beginning and WELCOME back!! She is a wealth of knowledge as are other members here. You will all become more knowledgable as you progress through this journey. I consider my success of 80 lbs in 107 days a great success.

I will let you all know how it goes and if I jump back on protocol! Wishing everyone well, keep up the good work.
Best of luck to you! I know you'll do great, you have this thing down!!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #88  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow Opening / Closing daily threads

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if someone else was up to taking over the opening and closing of the daily threads on here. If so, please private message me. Preferably, it would be someone who could open the thread early in the AM or after midnight (on the west coast).

Thanks!
Sheila
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #89  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I didn't get a chance to reply to a few posts from yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Yay, I am glad you are back Carla, sorry for your loss, I have missed you! (love your new picture!)

Today at church, we had a lesson on Decisions Determine Destiny, and setting goals, and I just kept thinking about this diet and how the little decisions I make are going to determine what my destiny is.

I always thought that I would be done after 12 weeks, but going into my thirteenth WI this Tuesday, I realize it's a journey, even when I go into Phase 2 and 3 and 4. I will never really be done and go back to my old ways.
Thank you! I am glad to be back. I really need this and getting back on track right now. I'm glad you like the pic! I really hate taking pictures so, I was pretty hope when I liked this one.

I am glad you have such great focus. You really can succeed with this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altona32 View Post
Im not pleased because I am already having issues with weighing myself.
I do have a concern and I am wondering if during lunch when I eat my protein pack is it ok once in a while to skip my two cups of veggies. Sometimes, I am just too full. Can this affect my weight loss?
It may effect your weight loss to not eat them but, if you eat them at any time of day you should be fine.

I ate 1/2 cup with breakfast, 2 cup at lunch and 1-1/2 cup at dinner during the period I was losing the fastest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
nice new pic carla, looking great. sorry abt your grammy.
Thank you! I also appreciate your sympathy. She really was a great lady. How are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Welcome Back! You have been missed.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I miss my grandparents everyday, they are so much a part of who I am, and I learned so much from them.

Your new picture is beautiful btw!
Thanks! I am glad to be back. It is hard having such special people leave our life. I really have been lucky to have them in my life so long. I can completely relate to what you say about your grandparents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Welcome back Carla. Your wisdom and presence have been missed on these boards. I have been wondering about you and hoping that everything was ok. It seems not, and I am so sorry. It's great to see you back, though, and your new photo is great!
Thanks! And, no, not so great. Really kind of rough. Lots of family issues on many fronts to deal with before the loss of Gran. I was hoping to get the weight off so she could see. Guess I have to do it anyway! How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. You were my hero when I first started and your guidance unmeasurable. Hope your week is a good one. Will be saying prayers for you. We can do this. Love your picture. You look beautiful! SendingYour way

Christine
Thank you! That is so kind of you to say!! I guess we all have our people who helped us feel inspired! I know I had a few in the original group I really relied on too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
My NSV for the weekend - I was shopping at Target today and caught a glance of myself in the mirror as I was turning around. My thought? "Hey, I have a cute butt!" I haven't had a cute butt in a LONG time. hehehe
WOOO HOOO! That is awesome, Jess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post

Thanks so much! Should the sea salt be iodized? I'm a little worried because I have high blood pressure (which is controlled with medication). Isn't this a lot of salt?
We are suppose to use sea salt that is mineralized or with its trace minerals in tact. Iodized salt like (morton's table salt) is not good for us. HOWEVER, you do want to have IODIDE in your salt as a trace mineral.

Here is something I got from a friend about sea salt when I told her I wasn't using Iodized salt anymore.

Table Salt Vs. Sea Salt

Besides the difference in the manufacturing process, sea salt and table salt differ in the following ways:

* While sodium and chlorine are the only minerals contained in table salt, sea salt has other minerals like iron, sulfur and magnesium naturally present in them. This increases the nutritive value of sea salt as compared to table salt. The various minerals present in sea salt helps us to maintain a healthy balance of the various electrolytes in the body.
* The refining process of table salt strips it of all of its minerals, other than sodium and chloride. This makes it an unnatural substance as compared to sea salt, and contributes to high blood pressure, heart and kidney diseases. On the other hand, health benefits of sea salt include, inducing proper sleep, promoting efficient working of the liver, kidneys and the adrenal glands. Sea salts also boost the immune system of the body and don't cause high blood pressure like refined table salt.
* Although, due to the higher mineral content, sea salt may be considered to be a healthier choice than table salt, it has its own drawbacks. One major disadvantage of sea salt is that it is a poor source of iodine. The iodine that is added during the refining process of table salt makes it a better source of iodine than sea salt.
* Another health concern that sea salt raises, is the fact that it is obtained from sea water that contains a number of impurities. The sea water is neither boiled nor treated, as that would make it lose the minerals that gives it all its nutritive value.
* Table salt is fine, white crystals. Sea salt on the other hand may have a slight grayish color if they are from the coastal areas of France, or may pinkish hue if it came from some other exotic locale. It may be coarse or fine grained.
* Due to the presence of many minerals, sea salt is not as 'salty' as table salt. It may be slightly flavored.

Some retailers may sell sea salts that are fine-grained and white in color. If you want to enjoy the advantages of sea salt, be sure that it is the unrefined one and contains the minerals that gives it an edge over table salt.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
You have motivated me to try celeriac. Now to Google to see if what I think it is (big ball of a root, sort of greenish/white) is what it really is. And to look for recipes, although simple is best, so maybe I'll do what you did. Did you use mustard greens or actual mustard? I have never tried mustard greens either but I love real mustard. Guess mustard greens are on the list to try too, as soon as I check the Phase 1 sheet to make sure they are a-ok!
Mustard greens are IP P1 friendly. I've only tried them once, and hated them because I had no idea what I was doing. Why I added a ton of cayenne pepper to them, I'll never know. That, and I hadn't realized that they had an expiration date that was the same day that I bought them!

Anyways, I used yellow mustard. The recipe I was following said to use full grain mustard, but I only had regular yellow. I think spicy brown would've been ok too. Still not sure if I liked it or not......
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote