Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #46  
Janelle
 
BellyRubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 34

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
I am starting my 10th week as of yesterday. I am really thrilled with my loss because I thought I was hopeless! I am a slower loser, but I also have hypothyroidism and I think that is part of the problem. Best of luck to you!!
So you are averaging like 3 pounds a week. Actually, that is awesome!! I am suffering from the "I need to loose 50 pounds a week syndrome" today and throwing myself a pity party. I need to stop it immediately!
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #47  
Start IP 04-25-11
 
J1stbeachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 20

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

Default

Does anyone know if ketosis causes migrianes? I have had a major headache since Friday, not sure if I am going through withdrawls or what. This is my 8th day on IP and I think my body is rebelling!!
J1stbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #48  
Start IP 04-25-11
 
J1stbeachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 20

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
So you are averaging like 3 pounds a week. Actually, that is awesome!! I am suffering from the "I need to loose 50 pounds a week syndrome" today and throwing myself a pity party. I need to stop it immediately!
That's funny...I am suffering from the same syndrome, must be contagious
J1stbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #49  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default Good Monday finally a warm day... and of course I am at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rideagain View Post
You know how proud i am of you. So much to look forward to in the coming year my friend. Keep it up and lets continue to all encourage each other!
soon we can all have a beer together and celebrate....
Em you have done so well and look so good. I am proud of you my friend. Can't wait to catch up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hey all!!! Happy Monday!!! Just got back from WI#10. Down another 3 for a total of .....30 pounds!!! I am now officially in "One"derland!!! Woot woot!! And it feels soooo good!! Haven't seen those numbers since 2007!! Yeah baby!!! Heading to Disney this Saturday for an "adult's only" trip! Can't wait to sit in the sun.....go on rides WE want to go on....eat where WE want to eat, etc....LOL!!!! I will miss our kids (at least I'm pretty sure I will)! Heehee!!

Hey there!! Just got back from Disney a couple weeks ago and heading back on Saturday. When we were down there we tried to stay on program, but it got harder as the week went on. Plus, trying to get veggies in was extremely difficult for us. We actually ate IP 3 out of 4 meals most days (yes, I said that right....anybody stratching their heads yet?). But after thinking about how this program works (chemically) and discussing our strategy with my consultant, I realized that the minute you put larger amounts of carbs than allowed into your mouth your day is basically shot. So even tho we did IP most of the day, but had a sandwich for lunch, that sandwich pulled us out of keytosis.
Now I DID gain weight when I got home (3 lbs)!! BUT....I went right back on program and the weight (and then some) came off within a few days!! I will be staying on IP until we leave on Saturday. And THIS time, we will not be bringing any packets with us (well...maybe some RTD's cuz they're so yummy)! My body adjusted to the additional carbs (all at once) with no problems, but I did have a 3 day headache when I got back and was in a fog again. So don't feel too guilty if you fall off the wagon...just get right back on program when you return!!

Best wishes!!
Congratulations it is so nice being under that 200 mark... Onderland sounds so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning IP Champions, for those of you requesting me to post a new photo I have and you can see it on the link on the bottom of my signature line. Keep up the great job you all are doing and good luck.
JR you are so awesome, you keep me motivated. Your new picture is great. Keep up the good work and one of these days I am going to be there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Juice: Thanks for being a daily inspiration to us all. You've done exactly what this diet intends- lose weight quickly and transition to the "real world". Wishing you huge success with your new work out regime. I've been an athlete all my life and can't wait to hit the gym when I get closer to goal.

Couts: Absolutely amazing transformation!! You must feel FABULOUS!!!

gin: We have similar start weights just like Darbs. I'm totally inspired by your weight loss. I feel so close yet so far away from my goal. People like you keep me on track!!

Here's to another IP week!! I'm trying to pay more attention to what I eat by measuring and sticking to protocol tighter than ever. These last 19 lbs need to leave my world in the next 6 weeks. I'm one antsy girl. Plus, the cost is crazy, plus I need summer fruit!!
Gin and Darbs and YOU inspire me as I am of the same weight starting as well. It is nice that I can see where I may be with hard work just like you all have done. Have a great week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
Hey everyone! It is my first post! I have been doing IP for 4 weeks now, I had an amazing first 2 weeks and now I have been stalling. I think I need to be talked off the ledge, because I really want to quit today. I have had better success with other programs and had to give up less. I am so, so frustrated!
Okay so what do you mean you are in a stall? you have lost nothing? Can you give an example of what you eat on a daily basis? Don't cheat, you will soon see it is worth it. It is hard when you don't see much movement in the scale but what about inches are you still losing there? Take it easy, go for a walk, have more water and enjoy the day knowing you are doing something for yourself in the longrun will provide you with a foundation to build from.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #50  
Member
 
sjdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Default

Confession Time: I am a scale whore.

I find myself jumping on the scale several times a day. I don't really worry about what the numbers say but I'm always curious about the fluctuations in weight during the day. I only record my weight once per week.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #51  
Janelle
 
BellyRubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 34

Default

I have been strict with protocol. I do have 1 restricted IP food a day but I never do the restricted veggies, etc. I get my oils in and am drinking like 3 liters of water a day.

I think my body is just wondering what the heck I am up to and waiting to see if I am going to continue. Maybe it is just mad because I had to give up beer.

I think I am going to return to the gym and see if that helps. I am on week 4...
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #52  
Member
 
sjdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hey all!!! Happy Monday!!! Just got back from WI#10. Down another 3 for a total of .....30 pounds!!! I am now officially in "One"derland!!! Woot woot!! And it feels soooo good!! Haven't seen those numbers since 2007!! Yeah baby!!! Heading to Disney this Saturday for an "adult's only" trip! Can't wait to sit in the sun.....go on rides WE want to go on....eat where WE want to eat, etc....LOL!!!! I will miss our kids (at least I'm pretty sure I will)! Heehee!!

Hey there!! Just got back from Disney a couple weeks ago and heading back on Saturday. When we were down there we tried to stay on program, but it got harder as the week went on. Plus, trying to get veggies in was extremely difficult for us. We actually ate IP 3 out of 4 meals most days (yes, I said that right....anybody stratching their heads yet?). But after thinking about how this program works (chemically) and discussing our strategy with my consultant, I realized that the minute you put larger amounts of carbs than allowed into your mouth your day is basically shot. So even tho we did IP most of the day, but had a sandwich for lunch, that sandwich pulled us out of keytosis.
Now I DID gain weight when I got home (3 lbs)!! BUT....I went right back on program and the weight (and then some) came off within a few days!! I will be staying on IP until we leave on Saturday. And THIS time, we will not be bringing any packets with us (well...maybe some RTD's cuz they're so yummy)! My body adjusted to the additional carbs (all at once) with no problems, but I did have a 3 day headache when I got back and was in a fog again. So don't feel too guilty if you fall off the wagon...just get right back on program when you return!!

Best wishes!!

Thanks for the advise from someone who has been there. I appreciate it.

I'm hoping to have lost 30 pounds by the time my vacation rolls around. Should make the walking/playing/swimming at the hotel a lot more fun.

Last edited by sjdawg; 05-02-2011 at 12:26 PM.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #53  
Janelle
 
BellyRubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 34

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
Confession Time: I am a scale whore.

I find myself jumping on the scale several times a day. I don't really worry about what the numbers say but I'm always curious about the fluctuations in weight during the day. I only record my weight once per week.
I am totally a scale whore myself. I can fluctuate like 5 pounds in a day!
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #54  
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 493

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
Thanks for the advise from someone who has been there. I appreciate it.

I'm hoping to have lost 30 pounds by the time my vacation rolls around. Should make the walking/playing/swimming at the hotel a lot more fun.

It will make a HUGE difference!! You will feel sooo much better than ever!! Yippee for you!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #55  
Member
 
sjdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
I am totally a scale whore myself. I can fluctuate like 5 pounds in a day!
I don't fluctuate nearly as much on IP as I did before. I have always been a scale whore but I used to just watch the numbers go up.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #56  
Member
 
sjdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
My advice would be that it is a vacation so if you slip up don't beat yourself up! I would probably just try to do more of an Atkins diet. Mainly watch carbs and sugar. We have not taken our kids to Disney yet but I know you will be walking a ton. If you do eat something off plan you will probably burn it off. Have a great time and enjoy!
Thanks for that. I this is probably what I will do. I'll try and eat healthy but I'm not going to lose any sleep about a few cheats. I want to enjoy my vacation. It will be my first planned cheat.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #57  
Golden
 
Mizzthingaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 530

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Default

I got on the scale and lost .8 of a pound so I think I'm going to stop weighing daily. I was never a daily weigher but I realized I wasn't weighing at all, so I tried to do daily to stay accountable. It's getting depressing now, so I'm going back to just Saturdays. That should help. At least my clothes are getting looser.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #58  
Member
 
mamabearone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 84

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
So you are averaging like 3 pounds a week. Actually, that is awesome!! I am suffering from the "I need to loose 50 pounds a week syndrome" today and throwing myself a pity party. I need to stop it immediately!
Thank you!!! I know the syndrome well! haha You are doing fabulous as well, so yes, stop the pity party! lol We're all in this together!!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #59  
Maintenance since 8/2/10
 
cajunladybug22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 202

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Good morning all! I had two fantastic NSV this weekend.

#1 - I bought a MEDIUM size shirt for the first time in my adult life. So very happy. And cute.

#2 - I ran a 10k on Sunday and averaged a 12:22 pace which is almost 2 minutes faster than my previous attempts. Still slow, but WHO CARES? I'm moving in the right direction!
AWESOME job!!! You should be so proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I will still be around the forum. I just want to try this out. I do not want to grind out the last few pounds on a very restrictive protocol. I want to see if I can lose the remainder on real life foods and maintain and hit the gym.
Good luck, Juice! You're awesome and will do great!

As for me, slowly plugging along. I've had a few people notice on my weight loss and comment, so that always feels good and is extra motivation.
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #60  
Janelle
 
BellyRubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 34

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
I got on the scale and lost .8 of a pound so I think I'm going to stop weighing daily. I was never a daily weigher but I realized I wasn't weighing at all, so I tried to do daily to stay accountable. It's getting depressing now, so I'm going back to just Saturdays. That should help. At least my clothes are getting looser.
I am seriously considering giving my scale to my IP coach until I am done with this process. I was literally in tears this morning because it just isn't moving like I want it to. I also have super-high expectations, which I also need to stop immediately.
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.