Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #61  
Janelle

MamaBear: The pity party ends now! Instead...it's just a party.
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #62  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
I am totally a scale whore myself. I can fluctuate like 5 pounds in a day!
I stopped weighing myself, I just go with the once a week WI... I know it is hard but one week I had gained 5 lbs and that just freaked me right out as I was on protocol all week long and drinking my water and everything. So at that moment I vowed to not do it. Take the batteries out let your family hide them. I have the same issue I want the 50 lb in a week to happen too but eventually in time it will happen. My coach suggested to leave out the restricted packets for a week to see if that makes a difference. She was thinking I had slowed down (I guess too much) as for the last 3 weeks only 2 lbs so that was her suggestion. Will let you know friday night if that made a difference.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
Confession Time: I am a scale whore.

I find myself jumping on the scale several times a day. I don't really worry about what the numbers say but I'm always curious about the fluctuations in weight during the day. I only record my weight once per week.
I'm just like you. I'll weigh myself just BEFORE I hope into the shower (can't add that water weight from wet hair. lol) in the morning when I'm dehydrated from the night, empty of my morning constitutional, and without those 0.5-4 lbs of clothing. I know it's always lower than my average day's weight, but I think of it of where I will be in a day or two. Then I'll always weigh myself after I get home from work, because that would be more reflective of what my official weigh in will be since it is scheduled for early evening.

But then...sometimes I'll weigh myself, go to the bathroom, and then weigh myself again! I can't stop the constant checking--have I lost weight now, how about now, how about if I fart, now? I probably never hit the same number over the course of a day, but I try to not let myself get down and it's nice to see that range of weights gradually decend rather than the gradually increase as it had been in my "previous life".
nerdigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #64  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I think I'm going to go measure my inches to get some motivation. I will be incorporating Callanetics again. I know that works, so hopefully with will help.

Quote:
I am seriously considering giving my scale to my IP coach until I am done with this process. I was literally in tears this morning because it just isn't moving like I want it to. I also have super-high expectations, which I also need to stop immediately.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #65  
Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I stopped weighing myself, I just go with the once a week WI... I know it is hard but one week I had gained 5 lbs and that just freaked me right out as I was on protocol all week long and drinking my water and everything. So at that moment I vowed to not do it. Take the batteries out let your family hide them. I have the same issue I want the 50 lb in a week to happen too but eventually in time it will happen. My coach suggested to leave out the restricted packets for a week to see if that makes a difference. She was thinking I had slowed down (I guess too much) as for the last 3 weeks only 2 lbs so that was her suggestion. Will let you know friday night if that made a difference.
I am anxious to hear how you do. I have been contemplating taking out the restricted ones as well. It may be more boring, but I don't want to do this forever either. I'd rather be bored and lose quicker. I think also have issues with instant gratification. LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #66  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
I have been strict with protocol. I do have 1 restricted IP food a day but I never do the restricted veggies, etc. I get my oils in and am drinking like 3 liters of water a day.

I think my body is just wondering what the heck I am up to and waiting to see if I am going to continue. Maybe it is just mad because I had to give up beer.

I think I am going to return to the gym and see if that helps. I am on week 4...
I am going to make a few suggestions-- however I am not sure how tall you are or how much your starting weight is -- a few things:

1.)It seems the less you have to loose (< 20 pounds) the slower it goes
2.) If you weigh over 200 pounds to start you may need to add an extra packet for a total of 4 per day rather then 3
3.) If you are tall - 5'7" for a woman and under 200 pounds you may still need to add some extra protein (I use 1 hardboiled egg a day in addition to my 3 packets)
4.) You may need to add a bit more fat to your diet in the form of olive oil - I need at lest 3 tsps per day or I don't loose
5.) are you suffering the big C (that can really cause a stall in weight loss)
6.) are you taking all your salt?
7.) are you taking all your vitamins
8.) Have you lost any inches -- some people lose visceral fat first which shows a bigger drop in inches than on the scale (incidentally this is a type of fat that is difficult to loose)
9.)are you near ovulation or your TOM

As for a stall you have lost absolutely nothing in the last 2 weeks? I know it is frustrating - I go through weeks were my losses are minimal followed by a "bigger" week - it just seems that is how my body works. You will start to see a pattern -just hang in there. For some people the gym helps them and for others it causes them to stall especially those doing resistance training. If you do go to the gym please read up on the exercise threads there are some good tips on how to modify your diet to compensate for cardio and weight training to ensure you don't stall, loose energy or loose muscle while working out

Hope this helps-- just keep at it, the plan does work I promise
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #67  
Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
I'm just like you. I'll weigh myself just BEFORE I hope into the shower (can't add that water weight from wet hair. lol) ...But then...sometimes I'll weigh myself, go to the bathroom, and then weigh myself again! I can't stop the constant checking--have I lost weight now, how about now, how about if I fart, now? I probably never hit the same number over the course of a day, but I try to not let myself get down and it's nice to see that range of weights gradually decend rather than the gradually increase as it had been in my "previous life".
How about if I fart? So hilarious! Thank you for the much need hysterical laughter. SO FUNNY!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #68  
Janelle

Thank you CheekyWit! I am tall with MORE to lose. I meet with my coach on Wednesday and I will bring up some of the points you made! Y'all rock!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
Susie Bee,

It's funny that you posted your feelings this today because I was feeling the same way this morning!!! I just thought to myself, I want to be done and "skinny"! Like you said, it's not bad and really not difficult to do, but I also need to retrain myself! It would be easy right now to slip off program.
Hang in there and know that you are not alone in your feelings!! We CAN and WILL do this! This forum is a great motivator for me!
Thank you! I know that I am not alone but it's nice to get confirmation of that!

I am back from my WI and the results are showing how I am feeling: only 1 lb lost this week. Between TOM and my heart not being in it, I am slipping (and I am a "slow loser" to begin with). I am disapointed in myself. I am not really cheating per say but I am not following 100% the way I should either (extra soy puff here, extra shake there, extra tomato here, extra green bean there, extra piece of chicken here... you get the picture).

I need to suck it up and tighten my ship!!! I need results this week! I am recommitting right here and now! No goof ups this week! I can do this!!!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-02-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #70  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Had my first WI this morning. I am down 8 lbs. on the nose. What's really weird is I can see a spot on my stomach already that has sucken in... Hopefully more spots will follow

Good day everyone today!
Congratulations! That is a great first week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great week.

I would like to share with the group that I am taking a break from the program and may be finished with it. I want to get back into 6 days of weight training which will include intense cardio. What I have tried so far in past few weeks have left me wiped out and feeling terrible. Even adding in extra calories, shakes, bars, etc.

I would like to tell Carla, thank you as she helped me a lot in the beginning and WELCOME back!! She is a wealth of knowledge as are other members here. You will all become more knowledgable as you progress through this journey. I consider my success of 80 lbs in 107 days a great success.
Congratulations on all the great weight loss! I wish you well with the cardio. You are so right. Trying to go full bore into a workout program really isn't possible on the phase 1 protocol. I tried and it felt awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good luck Juice you were very successful and provided lots of support to the people on the site. Keep up the great job you are doing and keep in touch.
You look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone! We are just 3 hours or so from leaving for our trip to Disney! We're all so very excited We have a 19+ hour drive ahead of us and I'm armed with the 4th phase knowledge I need so I'm really looking forward to that too.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Enjoy the trip! I bet you take some great pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
Hi! I'm doing the alternative product and weighed myself this morning (started the diet on 4/25) and I am down 6.4 pounds! Yea!

This week I am going to make sure I get to Curves all three days and add extra protein those days. I also start playing softball on the 21st, so will need to adjust for that. If anyone has any tips, please let me know.

You are all an inspiration to me!
Congratulations! My advise for adding exercise is start slow. Walking rarely pulls people out but, some people can only do one day of zumba and others are able to do three days. Learn how your body responds by making just a few changes at a time. Your weight will slow down quickly if you are trying to do more than you can handle. And, always add extra protein after your workouts.

Quote:
Hey everyone! It is my first post! I have been doing IP for 4 weeks now, I had an amazing first 2 weeks and now I have been stalling. I think I need to be talked off the ledge, because I really want to quit today. I have had better success with other programs and had to give up less. I am so, so frustrated!
Don't feel so frustrated! So many people have issues in the week 3 to 5 area. It is an adjustment period for your body. Stick it out and you will see the numbers come back.

Quote:
I have been strict with protocol. I do have 1 restricted IP food a day but I never do the restricted veggies, etc. I get my oils in and am drinking like 3 liters of water a day.

I think my body is just wondering what the heck I am up to and waiting to see if I am going to continue. Maybe it is just mad because I had to give up beer.

I think I am going to return to the gym and see if that helps. I am on week 4...
You could try cutting back to a restricted every other day or only 2x a week and see if it gives you the boost you need to get back on track. I believe you get the best results using as few restricteds as your body can use.

I would be careful going back to the gym. Walking will be helpful but, if you do too much you may find you stay stalled or even show gain because of fluid changes and minor muscle gain that might occur.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #71  
Janelle

Thank you, Carla! I will definitely be cautious with the gym. I am going to go easy there!

Amazing advice on this board!

Last edited by BellyRubz; 05-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
MamaBear: The pity party ends now! Instead...it's just a party.
yee haw! And soon we'll be celbrating in real party style!! Beverages and all
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #73  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Yayyyyyyy Carla - WELCOME back!!!! So sorry to hear about your grandmother - you wrote highly of her - the two of you were lucky and blessed to be part of each other's lives. I am glad to see you are back - your new picture is fantastic!!! (you look so good - I love the hair)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Thank you! I know that I am not alone but it's nice to get confirmation of that!

I am back from my WI and the results are showing how I am feeling: only 1 lb lost this week. Between TOM and my heart not being in it, I am slipping (and I am a "slow loser" to begin with). I am disapointed in myself. I am not really cheating per say but I am not following 100% the way I should either (extra soy puff here, extra shake there, extra tomato here, extra green bean there, extra piece of chicken here... you get the picture).

I need to suck it up and tighten my ship!!! I need results this week! I am recommitting right here and now! No goof ups this week! I can do this!!!
Please don't be so hard on yourself!! We are only human, right? One week I lost .6 and thought I was gonna cry, so I've been there. Just take one meal at a time. That's what I had to do. One day was too long!!! :O Then give yourself a pat on the back when you don't grab that extra piece of chicken!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1stbeachy View Post
Does anyone know if ketosis causes migrianes? I have had a major headache since Friday, not sure if I am going through withdrawls or what. This is my 8th day on IP and I think my body is rebelling!!
When I have a headache, I mix some sea salt in water and drink it. (taste terrbile but helps) Head ache is gone before I know it. Also increase your water intake to help with headaches.
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote