Old 05-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Susie Bee,

It's funny that you posted your feelings this today because I was feeling the same way this morning!!! I just thought to myself, I want to be done and "skinny"! Like you said, it's not bad and really not difficult to do, but I also need to retrain myself! It would be easy right now to slip off program.
Hang in there and know that you are not alone in your feelings!! We CAN and WILL do this! This forum is a great motivator for me!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #32  
Janelle

MamaBear: Your goal is about the same as mine. How long have you been on IP?
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Hey All - needs some advice. I'm going to be off program for 1 week in June. I'm taking the kids to disneyland and I know I won't be able to stay on the program so I am just going to plan to try and eat reasonably healthy and burn of the calories running around the park.

Do I need to wean myself off before the break? I would like to stay OP right up until the last day to maximize pre-vacation weight loss.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #34  
Janelle

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
Hey All - needs some advice. I'm going to be off program for 1 week in June. I'm taking the kids to disneyland and I know I won't be able to stay on the program so I am just going to plan to try and eat reasonably healthy and burn of the calories running around the park.

Do I need to wean myself off before the break? I would like to stay OP right up until the last day to maximize pre-vacation weight loss.
From what I gathered from my coach, there is a fast phase off you can do for special occasions like this, basically so you don't get sick from the "real" foods. Then you go back on your phase when you get back...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning IP Champions, for those of you requesting me to post a new photo I have and you can see it on the link on the bottom of my signature line. Keep up the great job you all are doing and good luck.
You know how proud i am of you. So much to look forward to in the coming year my friend. Keep it up and lets continue to all encourage each other!
soon we can all have a beer together and celebrate....
2rideagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #36  

one more question. Does anyone know how much weight loss it typically takes to lose an inch off the waist size? I know everyone is different but just looking for a general idea.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
From what I gathered from my coach, there is a fast phase off you can do for special occasions like this, basically so you don't get sick from the "real" foods. Then you go back on your phase when you get back...
Thank you. I'll ask the coach and see what this entails.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #38  
Janelle

Quote:
one more question. Does anyone know how much weight loss it typically takes to lose an inch off the waist size? I know everyone is different but just looking for a general idea.
Well, I have been on IP for almost 4 weeks and lost 20.2 pounds and 12.75 inches...I believe that I have averaged about an inch a week off my waist. My arms are not moving though...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #39  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Happy Monday everyone. Made it through my first week back on plan. Hope everyone has a super day!!!
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #40  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great week.

I would like to share with the group that I am taking a break from the program and may be finished with it. I want to get back into 6 days of weight training which will include intense cardio. What I have tried so far in past few weeks have left me wiped out and feeling terrible. Even adding in extra calories, shakes, bars, etc.

I know I did not phase off properly, but I want to see how I do in the "real world" food scene and being back in the gym. I have learned many things about foods while on this program and have so much knowledge to take with me. I will not go overboard with my choices, I just want to be done and finish my weightloss with better choices and exercise. I am giving it a week or 2 and will reevaluate coming back on protocol. Thank you to all who helped me out in the beginning and to all those who helped me out during.

I would like to tell Carla, thank you as she helped me a lot in the beginning and WELCOME back!! She is a wealth of knowledge as are other members here. You will all become more knowledgable as you progress through this journey. I consider my success of 80 lbs in 107 days a great success.

I will let you all know how it goes and if I jump back on protocol! Wishing everyone well, keep up the good work.
Take care of yourself Juice, you have been great to get to know and I really appreciated all of your sound advice. Let us know from time to time how you are doing. Great job.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning IP Champions, for those of you requesting me to post a new photo I have and you can see it on the link on the bottom of my signature line. Keep up the great job you all are doing and good luck.
Holy, you look great! Good for you!
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #42  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
Morning ya'll. I had a great weekend. I did cheat last night. I ate some dang Easter candy and some hash brown casserole. I really did not feel guilty afterwards either. LOL. You give up a lot on this program and I have lost 16# in a little over 3 weeks. I gave in. This morning I got on the scale and was down another 1/2#. So today I will go right back to packets and veggies. Less than 4 weeks to meet my short term goal. I want to be at 30# mark for my sister's engagement party.
That's so funny...I almost did the same thing last week! I had to throw out the hashbrown casserole and the Easter candy before commited diet suicide because I wouldn't have stopped until it was gone! I LOVE hashbrown casserole. I am going to try to make it with cauliflower and fat free or low fat cheese, sour cream etc. I know...no dairy, but maybe for a cheat and I won't feel guilty either! Glad you stil lost .5 lbs can't beat that. 16 lbs in 3 weeks is awesome! Keep up the good work!!
J1stbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #43  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey all!!! Happy Monday!!! Just got back from WI#10. Down another 3 for a total of .....30 pounds!!! I am now officially in "One"derland!!! Woot woot!! And it feels soooo good!! Haven't seen those numbers since 2007!! Yeah baby!!! Heading to Disney this Saturday for an "adult's only" trip! Can't wait to sit in the sun.....go on rides WE want to go on....eat where WE want to eat, etc....LOL!!!! I will miss our kids (at least I'm pretty sure I will)! Heehee!!
Quote:

Hey there!! Just got back from Disney a couple weeks ago and heading back on Saturday. When we were down there we tried to stay on program, but it got harder as the week went on. Plus, trying to get veggies in was extremely difficult for us. We actually ate IP 3 out of 4 meals most days (yes, I said that right....anybody stratching their heads yet?). But after thinking about how this program works (chemically) and discussing our strategy with my consultant, I realized that the minute you put larger amounts of carbs than allowed into your mouth your day is basically shot. So even tho we did IP most of the day, but had a sandwich for lunch, that sandwich pulled us out of keytosis.
Now I DID gain weight when I got home (3 lbs)!! BUT....I went right back on program and the weight (and then some) came off within a few days!! I will be staying on IP until we leave on Saturday. And THIS time, we will not be bringing any packets with us (well...maybe some RTD's cuz they're so yummy)! My body adjusted to the additional carbs (all at once) with no problems, but I did have a 3 day headache when I got back and was in a fog again. So don't feel too guilty if you fall off the wagon...just get right back on program when you return!!

Best wishes!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #44  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

My advice would be that it is a vacation so if you slip up don't beat yourself up! I would probably just try to do more of an Atkins diet. Mainly watch carbs and sugar. We have not taken our kids to Disney yet but I know you will be walking a ton. If you do eat something off plan you will probably burn it off. Have a great time and enjoy!
traeh1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
MamaBear: Your goal is about the same as mine. How long have you been on IP?
I am starting my 10th week as of yesterday. I am really thrilled with my loss because I thought I was hopeless! I am a slower loser, but I also have hypothyroidism and I think that is part of the problem. Best of luck to you!!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote