S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Rocket scientist.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
I have pondered about this myself..... I think I will continue with lower carb options where possible (flax bread, low carb wraps, whole wheat everything, lean meats, protein suppliments & lots of veggies) low glycemic foods, keep the fats and carbs separated as much as possible, lots of water, exercise, rest and generally be healthy, really think about what I am consuming and make smarter choices, no mindless eating, eat to live not live to eat and one meal at a time. 10 days and its cheat to treat, phase 4 here I come, whoop whoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I agree... if you just keep your pantry stocked with good choices, you're less likely to slip up. I don't really want to do counting and measuring all the time... I'm trying to keep a close watch to see what happens when I eat or do certain things. Maintenance is still an experiment of sorts for me. But I monitor the scale so it doesn't get too far off base, and make sure my skinny clothes still fit.

BevS is probably more precise in her approach, so hopefully she'll give another point of view.
Hi, Ladies, I have loosened up quite a bit in my approach. I still weigh and measure my breakfast foods, but I usually just eye it the rest of the day. I'm not eating as much in the evenings as I was in phase 3. I just don't want that much food. If I use whey powder, I do measure for that. It's just easier for me. I'm more likely to have a treat now when someone else is. I'm still at the same weight as when I reached goal. I vary a pound or two either way. I weigh myself every morning. If I'm up a bit, I watch it more that day. I agree with both of you on your choices. I read labels and am aware of what I'm eating. No mindless eating. Keep the kitchen stocked with good choices. Go lower carb where possible. Keep large amounts of fats and carbs separate. I'm still taking the supplements and drinking lots of water. My hair isn't falling out as much as it was--whew! Anyway, I think we can do this!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #333  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Ladies, I have loosened up quite a bit in my approach. I still weigh and measure my breakfast foods, but I usually just eye it the rest of the day. I'm not eating as much in the evenings as I was in phase 3. I just don't want that much food. If I use whey powder, I do measure for that. It's just easier for me. I'm more likely to have a treat now when someone else is. I'm still at the same weight as when I reached goal. I vary a pound or two either way. I weigh myself every morning. If I'm up a bit, I watch it more that day. I agree with both of you on your choices. I read labels and am aware of what I'm eating. No mindless eating. Keep the kitchen stocked with good choices. Go lower carb where possible. Keep large amounts of fats and carbs separate. I'm still taking the supplements and drinking lots of water. My hair isn't falling out as much as it was--whew! Anyway, I think we can do this!
Hmmm, I'm sensing a convergence here...
Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #334  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Rocket scientist.
Horse hugger.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #335  

Hi ladies....well I seem to be the oddball here....I am just wrapping up phase 3 and I have gained almost 3 lbs during this time...I am kind of freaking out...my "skinny" clothes still fit....but I am a huge scale hopper and I am freaking out about the # on the scale!! I am scared for Phase 4 and what to excpect with that.....and I have been losing hair like it is going out of style.....nothing like beeing skinny but bald! Any advice?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Quote:
Horse hugger.
Touché.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #337  

Height: 5'10"

I'm starting week two of Phase 3. I was freaked out about this phase, and after a week under my belt I feel GREAT. In fact, I lost two pounds this week. I'm loving life, LOVE this program, and feel like all my fears about the last two phases are being put to rest by living through it and reading about other's experiences. Two NSV's for me: I weigh LESS than my driver's license says I do (and I just got it renewed yesterday), and I weigh less than my husband.

Choosie - my hair was falling out in fistfulls earlier - I added Biotin and Vitamin D to my vitamin intake and it's helped. Also, are you getting your olive oil in? It makes a difference. As for the # on the scale....I am a scale hopper too. Remember the gain is glycogen, not fat.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #338  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosie1 View Post
Hi ladies....well I seem to be the oddball here....I am just wrapping up phase 3 and I have gained almost 3 lbs during this time...I am kind of freaking out...my "skinny" clothes still fit....but I am a huge scale hopper and I am freaking out about the # on the scale!! I am scared for Phase 4 and what to excpect with that.....and I have been losing hair like it is going out of style.....nothing like beeing skinny but bald! Any advice?
Chill.

You didn't provide any info re: start point, target weight, current status, etc. Did you build in a buffer for the one-time, 3-5 pound add back? Or does this take you back to a point short of your goal? Your skinny clothes still fit, so that's a good sign. If you stayed at today's weight, would you be miserable?

I would let the remaining phases play out. I also lost in Phase 4, and my body continued to reconfigure itself even when I stopped losing. See where you are after a couple of months in Phase 4. If you decide you'd be happier at a lower weight, go on Phase 1 or 2 for a short time. It's always available for you.

But stop stressing! If you're in Phase 3, you've obviously gotten the job done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
I'm starting week two of Phase 3. I was freaked out about this phase, and after a week under my belt I feel GREAT. In fact, I lost two pounds this week. I'm loving life, LOVE this program, and feel like all my fears about the last two phases are being put to rest by living through it and reading about other's experiences. Two NSV's for me: I weigh LESS than my driver's license says I do (and I just got it renewed yesterday), and I weigh less than my husband.

Choosie - my hair was falling out in fistfulls earlier - I added Biotin and Vitamin D to my vitamin intake and it's helped. Also, are you getting your olive oil in? It makes a difference. As for the # on the scale....I am a scale hopper too. Remember the gain is glycogen, not fat.
Hey, Hockey Mom!! Nice of you to stop by! Congrats on your brilliant results... not just the weight, but the lovin' life!

I guess you're still lying on your driver's license... just in the other direction!

And re: the hair loss, I've been shedding for a few weeks also (though not as bad as my cats.) Quoted from the Tran Tien website:

"Hair loss is rare and generally occurs at the end of the diet. It is always reversible, so don’t worry. The exact causes of hair loss are not really known and have not been proven. I think there are three possible reasons:

- Insufficient protein intake during the diet.
- Insufficient intake of essential fatty acids. Remember that good cholesterol is a precursor to female hormones. Make sure you keep up your essential fatty acid intake during the diet.
- A temporary change in the overall hormonal climate due to the fact that adipose tissue must be considered a hormonal gland. In women, adipose tissue is considered the third ovary."

Anyway, one hair growth cycle has been interrupted, but the new stuff is growing in. I'm back taking the supplements for hair that I took BEFORE IP, I use high quality volumizing hair products, and my hairdresser just tweaked my haircut to incorporate more blunt ends, making the hair look fuller.

Bottom line, I'm not stressing about it (that can make it worse!) I've got lots of other things to worry about, and considering the diet results, I'm pretty sure nobody is noticing that I've got a few more stray hairs flying off my head.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #339  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Touché.
Quote:
Horse hugger.
Quote:
Rocket scientist.
LADIES... now no name calling, dont make me split the two of you up like fats and carbs...... I mean seriously
Old 08-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #340  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
LADIES... now no name calling, dont make me split the two of you up like fats and carbs...... I mean seriously

Okay, veggie face.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosie1 View Post
You're probably one of the "lucky" ones who gain back their glycogen in Phase 3 instead of Phase 4. I wouldn't worry unless you continue to gain 'cause it's not going to affect how your clothes fit or look. If you're not happy with the number, you could go back on Phase 1 and/or 2 until you're 3-5 pounds under where you want to be, then start Phase 3 over.

My hair started falling out big time after I'd been on the diet for 2 months. I understand that 10% of people who lose a lot of weight fast, whether it be by dieting or stomach surgery, have the hair loss. A lot of people on this forum have had this happen, so it's not as rare as Dr. Tran says. Unfortunately, it takes 6 months to a year for the problem to take care of itself. The good news is that it does reverse. Showgirlaz Carla takes the Michael's hair, skin, and nails vitamins and says they seem to help.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #342  

Height: 5'8"

hockeymom
so good to see you back on the boards and i see that you made goal! congratulations!! now we need some updated before and after pics, show it off girl!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #343  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Strugglin with the breakfast protein??????
OK I cannot eat another egg.... yolk..... white only..... both it doesnt matter, blucky!!!! I am not real keen on breakfast meats either, I think I will end up a veg head oh wait I am one muhhhhaaaaahhhaaaa ...can I have a shake with my other stuff?? or is that gonna mess it up? I dont think it should as long as I am getting in all the other stuff, what say all?

and fyi not all berrys are created equal, I figure saskatoon berrys would be the same as blueberrys.... oh contraire mon frere, they are much higher in carbs, i think almost double, they do have more fibre but still high in the carbs

Last edited by WannabeIP; 08-06-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #344  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
.can I have a shake with my other stuff?? or is that gonna mess it up? I dont think it should as long as I am getting in all the other stuff, what say all?
I asked this question of the nutritionist, and yes, in a pinch, you can use the IP protein. Just redo your calculations to make sure you've got the right balance of calories, carbs, protein and fat. How much longer are you in Phase 3... another week?

Have you tried going the Nature Valley type breakfast and not doing the eggs? I'm lovin' the yogurt, berries and high-protein cereal combo...

p.s. I can't believe you let me get away with calling you "veggie face!"
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #345  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
I asked this question of the nutritionist, and yes, in a pinch, you can use the IP protein. Just redo your calculations to make sure you've got the right balance of calories, carbs, protein and fat. How much longer are you in Phase 3... another week?

Have you tried going the Nature Valley type breakfast and not doing the eggs? I'm lovin' the yogurt, berries and high-protein cereal combo...

p.s. I can't believe you let me get away with calling you "veggie face!"
I havent been able to find a real high protein cereal, without a massive amount of carbs... what kind you got? I was also thinking about using the IP oatmeal, I love oatmeal I could make my own and add protein to it ?, I just have to find some of that Any Whey. I am also looking to get soy flour and possibley quinoa flour, mix that and protein in those breakfast bars.... really good, then I would be getting in everything at once, perfect... I got my order of black soy beans, sugar free pickles & relish, wraps, muffin mix, soy nuts for phase 4, one more week baby...
Veggie face not bad.... you hadda called me string for brains -thems would have been fighten words after all I am what I eat!!!!
Closed Thread