Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #196  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I don't want to put it on again either, and I refuse to do so! This program gives you such a powerful tool for managing your weight over the long term, it really is quite a gift.

Well, okay... a very expensive gift that you had to buy for yourself, but aren't you worth it?
I had to laugh about this one! I think I will always have the one day of IP products to buy, but like someone said, it is no more expensive, and less intrusive on our bodies than other solutions like lipo. But at least we know what to do about the inevitable ups and downs that go with living a life.

[quote=rocknrealtor;3394440]Whew.....
It's amazing how many people in the past 2 weeks who have asked me if I've had weight loss surgery!! LOL!!!

I am still amazed how people don't notice when a person has lost a huge amount of weight. Are we all that self-involved?

Also BevS....glad to hear about ketosis and my salad dressing. It is quite low carb, but does have some fat. It's what gets me through (mentally and taste wise) so I'm going to cont w/it, but limit it as much as possible.

I also have mainly made my salad dressings, as it has made me able to eat so much salad for such a long time, and still like it.

I'm with all of you too......I do NOT want to get heavy again. It's so difficult to have a long way to go all over again. I've given all of my BIG clothes to my sister who is about 40 lbs behind me........hopefully now I won't have an excuse to gain it back since if i do.....I'll have to be naked doing it!!! LOL!!

I thought about giving my big clothes to my sister too, but am at a loss as to how to go about that. She could use them, but she is sensitive and it is like saying I lost weight and you are still fat, so do you want my clothes!

I also think that for me, the long journey to IP, with many, many weight control plans and scams in my past, has made this a success for me. I have tried foods that I would not have touched in years past. This program is not for the faint of heart, at least initially. I just finally got to a place where I wanted to be healthy more than I wanted to eat and was able to decline at parties and social events without feeling deprived. My health was more of a payoff than the food of the moment.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Novak, Bev, & Wannabe. Please excuse my denseness, but what is considered a slow carb? The veggies allowed in phase 1?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #198  

YinYang.....glad we tend to think alike! LOL!!!

I'd say talk to your sister and say "hey,,,, some of my clothes are getting kind of baggy since I'm losing on IP....I know we were the same size and if you'd like to borrow them I'd be glad to give them to you".

I mean really....it's only obvious that you are smaller than her now right? I'm hoping that my sister will go through the clothes quickly....plus it will save her money. She has not been in a size 14/16 for years and I know that she doesn't want to spend the money in a transition size!!! Keep up the great work!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
So, Wannabe... how about it? And Bev... what about you? Did you find that your losses added up quickly at the end, particularly with regard to clothing size? We need a few more data points here!
Hi, Novak, Yes, I guess so size wise, anyway. But not so much with poundage. I am wearing sixes, eights, and smalls (started in 14's, 16's, and extra larges). However, unlike you, I did not continue to lose weight when I got to Phase 3 and Phase 4. I have been maintaining well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Thanks Novak, Bev, & Wannabe. Please excuse my denseness, but what is considered a slow carb? The veggies allowed in phase 1?
No, the veggies aren't slow carbs. Slow carbs are starches like bread, potatoes, noodles, and rice. You want to separate those from a lot of fat.

Last edited by BevS; 07-20-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

hello All!

I have a feeling I'll be starting phase 3 ie: big breakfast soon as I was weighed at the gym today and I am smack right on 129.2 mark! I wasn't going to start it this weekend as I was worried about my weight. I am just so surprised as how my body is changing and reacting to things. I do credit some of it to the massive weight training that I have been doing.

anyways, BEVS and others, I'll be asking questions soon enough. I am going to grocery shop for it on Friday and start on Saturday. Lets hope I don't gain by thursday (next day at the gym).
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
hello All! I have a feeling I'll be starting phase 3 ie: big breakfast soon as I was weighed at the gym today and I am smack right on 129.2 mark! I wasn't going to start it this weekend as I was worried about my weight. I am just so surprised as how my body is changing and reacting to things. I do credit some of it to the massive weight training that I have been doing.

anyways, BEVS and others, I'll be asking questions soon enough. I am going to grocery shop for it on Friday and start on Saturday. Lets hope I don't gain by thursday (next day at the gym).
Congrats Ellie!! You can do it!!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #202  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

So one of my phase 3 goals was to start moving more... so everynight I have been doing some form of exercise even if its only for 20 mins... so last night my husband and I did an hour of yoga, it was great havent done it in forever and it was nice that my DH was there. Been doing strict phase 1 since monday after my weekend, gotta say I wish I had of stuck to program as I would be almost in phase 4 already, dumb#$$, well I only got myself to blame. Soon phase 4 will be mine.... oh yes.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Quote:
So, Wannabe... how about it? And Bev... what about you? Did you find that your losses added up quickly at the end, particularly with regard to clothing size? We need a few more data points here!
I'll throw my two cents in here. I started phase 4 today. On phase 3, I lost 1-2 pounds but I must have lost more inches around my waist, hips and butt because my pants are hanging again. When I started phase 3, I bought some size 10s. I got them snug since I will soon be back to losing in phase 1 and wanted them to last me a while. Well, now they are loose. And I usually have a terrible time trying to lose weight off of my waist. With IP, it was the first place I lost. I must say, I lost weight in all the right places and maintained some weight right where a girl should!! Go figure. I agree, this plan is a gift.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #204  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajen88 View Post
I'll throw my two cents in here. I started phase 4 today. On phase 3, I lost 1-2 pounds but I must have lost more inches around my waist, hips and butt because my pants are hanging again. When I started phase 3, I bought some size 10s. I got them snug since I will soon be back to losing in phase 1 and wanted them to last me a while. Well, now they are loose. And I usually have a terrible time trying to lose weight off of my waist. With IP, it was the first place I lost. I must say, I lost weight in all the right places and maintained some weight right where a girl should!! Go figure. I agree, this plan is a gift.
Brilliant!! So the pattern is one again confirmed. Thanks for "weighing in" on the subject! And congrats on getting to maintenance phase! Please continue to check in so we know how it's going.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

JORDANNA What wonderful news, congrats!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Novak, I'm working my way through this entire thread (I'm on page 11 now) and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your posts here, as well as everyone else's. You are truly an inspiration. I have to admit, my major concern undertaking this diet was the maintenance program, even though I am far from it now. I have gained and lost these pounds so many times, I really need to break the cycle. You give me encouragement and hope that IP will provide the tools for me to do this. Thanks so much.

Back to reading.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #207  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
I have gained and lost these pounds so many times, I really need to break the cycle. You give me encouragement and hope that IP will provide the tools for me to do this. Thanks so much.
This sounds like me! Only the last time, it REALLY got out of control and I was too depressed to realize that I could ever get myself out of it. But when I got hauled off in an ambulance on more than one occasion last year, and struggled to slog my hulk of a body through sleet and freezing rain during my last half marathon, I knew it had to change.

So my bottom line is that if I can turn it around, anyone can. You just have to do it right... truly. It's so simple. If you are mentally ready to get there, you can. If not, it's likely going to be like any other diet... with the same unfortunate result. For me (and my sis) that's not gonna happen. And it doesn't have to happen to you.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #208  

WOW. You ran a half marathon in winter before you even lost the weight? Girl, you are LEAGUES ahead of me. Literally and figuratively.

I've done those kinds of distances myself, but I've always had a horse underneath me. GRIN.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #209  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
WOW. You ran a half marathon in winter before you even lost the weight? Girl, you are LEAGUES ahead of me. Literally and figuratively.

I've done those kinds of distances myself, but I've always had a horse underneath me. GRIN.
We had horses when we were growing up, but these days my sister is the only remaining equestrian... I just ran when I was as big as a horse.

Oh, and it wasn't supposed to be sleeting in Florida in January...

Last edited by Novak; 07-22-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #210  

Default Question for Novak and other Phase IVers

When you go back on Phase I for a day (after a "cheat day", for instance), do you go strictly back to protocol (using 3 IP packets, one regular meal) or do you just cut out carbs? I am wondering if I need to plan on buying a bunch of IP packets, or find some alternative, before I stop seeing my coach.

Dreaming on....
Closed Thread