Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #421  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like we are all following phase 4 as is intended.... well done everyone.. I dont have a scale (DH wouldnt allow it in the truck) but I did bring my tightest pants put them on this morning.... still tight but no tighter, hooorrrayyyy. I have noticed that I often dont have carbs for dinner.... always a protein .... I dont miss the carbs so I dont even bother. I even made some of the new hope mills blueberry muffins, had 1 it was good but I dont crave that kinda stuff anymore. For the most part I have been eating good for 2 meals and my snack and then been free-er with my dinner, but we went out for fish & chips (terrible I know) kinda a local tradition for us but the 3 of us shared 1 meal, before we would have all had 1 each and then dessert... I have been power walking daily pushing my son for about 90mins, so I dont feel guilty about my little indulgences here and there... I am actually looking forward to seeing how I do on the scale.... this is real life and I ALSO LOVE IP!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #422  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
For the most part I have been eating good for 2 meals and my snack and then been free-er with my dinner, but we went out for fish & chips (terrible I know) kinda a local tradition for us but the 3 of us shared 1 meal, before we would have all had 1 each and then dessert... I am actually looking forward to seeing how I do on the scale.... this is real life and I ALSO LOVE IP!!!
That's what it's all about, my friend. Get on with your life... enjoy what you love, and manage your weight when you need to. How can you beat that?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:29 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Novak, BevS, PitaKitten, WannabeIP, thank you VERY much for your phase IV wisdom...it makes more sense to me now. I'm still another 20 pounds away (only 10 if I stick with my initial goal), but I feel like maintaining is going to be easier than I thought. Honestly, I worked so hard to get there, no FREAKIN' way I'm doing this again.

I think I'll probably want to do this once a year in January and anytime I get a little heavy, but there is no way I'll be 60 pounds overweight again.

I'm so glad you are doing this thread, thank you all.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Has anyone heard from Jordanna?? Wondering how she is.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #425  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Has anyone heard from Jordanna?? Wondering how she is.
She popped in on the 8/16 thread!! Check it out!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Novak, BevS, PitaKitten, WannabeIP, thank you VERY much for your phase IV wisdom...it makes more sense to me now. I'm still another 20 pounds away (only 10 if I stick with my initial goal), but I feel like maintaining is going to be easier than I thought. Honestly, I worked so hard to get there, no FREAKIN' way I'm doing this again.

I think I'll probably want to do this once a year in January and anytime I get a little heavy, but there is no way I'll be 60 pounds overweight again.

I'm so glad you are doing this thread, thank you all.
Very well said I am also very greatful for the wisdom these women bring to us.

My coach wants me to start phase II but I think I am going to wait till I reach goal to do it. Hopefuly not much longer.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #427  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Novak, BevS, PitaKitten, WannabeIP, thank you VERY much for your phase IV wisdom...it makes more sense to me now. I'm so glad you are doing this thread, thank you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter2 View Post
Very well said I am also very greatful for the wisdom these women bring to us.

We stick around for people like you! Whenever you decide to move onto the next phase, come on over. You won't be alone!

Hunter, I lost 3.2 pounds in ten days on Phase 2, then moved to Phase 3 and continued to lose (after a slight bump up). Start Phase 2 when you're comfortable, but expect to continue losing. My sister is 5'4" and shot for a 125 goal. She overshot that in Phase 3, and is now (in Phase 4) around 123. Cue in to how your clothes fit and what your body is telling you. But if you want to lose a little more, now is the time to do it.

We'll be here when you are ready!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #428  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Bumpity-bump.

Wannabe, will you please get back here and help me out with bumping detail?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #429  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
bump
Sorry ladies.... lost my internet for a bit but I am back and happy to say only a few pounds heavier from the holidays.... which I am sure is from the lack of water, I will be sitting pretty much where I should be again by the end of this week..... I LOVE IP..... funny thing someone asked my DH if I was sick? he said no they said well then why is she so small? He said cause she wants to be healthy.... I gave him a big kiss for that one
Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #430  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Bumpity-bump.

Wannabe, will you please get back here and help me out with bumping detail?
Bummppittyy bummp bump bump bums.... were you and your sister out on the paths looking for compliments again.... LOL. Great profile pic!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #431  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
someone asked my DH if I was sick? he said no they said well then why is she so small? He said cause she wants to be healthy.... I gave him a big kiss for that one
Excellent answer!! What a good boy!!

Quote:
Bummppittyy bummp bump bump bums.... were you and your sister out on the paths looking for compliments again.... LOL. Great profile pic!!!
Yeah, we were looking for compliments, but only saw squirrels and ducks!

Great to have you back... I did the avatar just for you!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #432  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Default Another little anecdote...

While working at home today, I heard a vehicle pull up behind my house and went to investigate. There was a white painter's van in my driveway, so I walked out to the alley to see where the driver was. A man was coming toward me, and I recognized him as a very nice guy named Mike--a retired fireman--who spent a good deal of time painting at my house 18 months ago when I had some renovating done.

He looked a little puzzled when he saw me, then asked if I was my daughter. (Well, I knew I wasn't, because I don't have a daughter.)

I said, "Mike! It's me!"

He stopped in his tracks, looking pretty shocked. I told him I'd lost weight and got a new haircut. He said he couldn't believe how young I looked... that he sort of recognized me, but I looked so different that he figured I must be my daughter.

Anyway, we had a nice chat and it turned out he wanted to ask if he could park in my driveway for a short time while working on the house across the street. I let him, of course... though I would have even if he hadn't told me how great I look.

I've never been a person who gets compliments like I've been getting since finishing IP, but I'm working hard to get used to it.

You'll all have to get used to it, too.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #433  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
While working at home today, I heard a vehicle pull up behind my house and went to investigate. There was a white painter's van in my driveway, so I walked out to the alley to see where the driver was. A man was coming toward me, and I recognized him as a very nice guy named Mike--a retired fireman--who spent a good deal of time painting at my house 18 months ago when I had some renovating done.

He looked a little puzzled when he saw me, then asked if I was my daughter. (Well, I knew I wasn't, because I don't have a daughter.)

I said, "Mike! It's me!"

He stopped in his tracks, looking pretty shocked. I told him I'd lost weight and got a new haircut. He said he couldn't believe how young I looked... that he sort of recognized me, but I looked so different that he figured I must be my daughter.

Anyway, we had a nice chat and it turned out he wanted to ask if he could park in my driveway for a short time while working on the house across the street. I let him, of course... though I would have even if he hadn't told me how great I look.

I've never been a person who gets compliments like I've been getting since finishing IP, but I'm working hard to get used to it.

You'll all have to get used to it, too.
nICCCCCCEEEEEE..... YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #434  

Quote:

Anyway, we had a nice chat and it turned out he wanted to ask if he could park in my driveway for a short time while working on the house across the street. I let him, of course... though I would have even if he hadn't told me how great I look. )
Novak, didn't you get the memo? The going rate for driveway parking is a minimum of 2 compliments/day. And no reusing or recycling!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #435  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Novak, didn't you get the memo? The going rate for driveway parking is a minimum of 2 compliments/day. And no reusing or recycling!
He only ended up staying a half a day... shoot!
Closed Thread