Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #436  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post

I've never been a person who gets compliments like I've been getting since finishing IP, but I'm working hard to get used to it.

You'll all have to get used to it, too.
How wonderful for you Novak! I'm getting jealous though: you get compliments from complete strangers about your butt AND by people who haven't seen you in ages. AND your fancy scale tells you how young you are! Well girl, you've earned it 100%!

I love the coincidence of timing. Today at work I was reflecting upon how I handle compliments from others and also in how I try to recognize/appreciate/notice others. I have no problem telling others I appreciate them or the work they do. I'm also the dork who tells random strangers the outfit (dress/shoes/purse/color...) they're wearing looks great on them (no, I don't tell people their butts look good). So why do I have a hard time recieving positive feedback? Hmmmmm... Something to work on.

Here's a challenge for everyone for the rest of the week: sincerely give a compliment to at least 2 people (with one of them being a stranger) each day for the rest of the week. Yes, as my kids constantly remind me, I am a dork. But seriously, we all know how one positive comment from people on this forum can make our day, so let's take it outside of these computer walls and see what happens.
makeitmatter is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #437  
Started IP Aug 4/09
 
SylvieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 182

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Default

You are sooo true about receiving compliments - way harder than to give!

Hit the dreaded plateau again, I've been stuck around 140 since friday... However, my jogging skills have improved: as of this morning, 4 km (2 1/2 miles) in 28 min with only 6 min of walking! (That is up 1 km and and 8 jogging minutes in a week.) Wonder if this exercise is related to the plateau? Do you remember if the lady from Ottawa talked about that this summer??

Keep the good work everyone!
SylvieG is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #438  
Senior Member
 
yinyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Midwest
Posts: 142

Default

My losses on phase 1 had slowed down to between 1-2# a week, so my coach twice, has wanted me to go to phase 2 for a couple weeks to try to switch things up and get the losses coming again. Every time I go to phase 2, I gain a couple pounds.

Granted, and honestly, I have relaxed my choices a little. I have been a few times a week, having bleu cheese dressing, that has fat but no sugar. Maybe a few croutons on my salad etc. But I can't think that would cause the weight gain -- or does it?

I am wanted to lose another 20#, but at this rate I don't know if I can. I am so afraid what is going to happen when I go off phase 1 for good. Any ideas for me or do I need to just chill out on this?
yinyang is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #439  
Senior Member
 
I'm svelting!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: GTA, ON, Canada
Posts: 966

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
My losses on phase 1 had slowed down to between 1-2# a week, so my coach twice, has wanted me to go to phase 2 for a couple weeks to try to switch things up and get the losses coming again. Every time I go to phase 2, I gain a couple pounds.

Granted, and honestly, I have relaxed my choices a little. I have been a few times a week, having bleu cheese dressing, that has fat but no sugar. Maybe a few croutons on my salad etc. But I can't think that would cause the weight gain -- or does it?

I am wanted to lose another 20#, but at this rate I don't know if I can. I am so afraid what is going to happen when I go off phase 1 for good. Any ideas for me or do I need to just chill out on this?
What phase are you on now? If phase 2, try doing 1-2 weeks of strict phase 2 -- eat exactly what's "prescribed," no extras. It's hard for you, your coach, or anyone else to know if phase 2 is working for you if you're not following it.
I'm svelting! is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #440  
Maintenance since 6/5/10
Thread Starter
 
Novak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 823

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
My losses on phase 1 had slowed down to between 1-2# a week, so my coach twice, has wanted me to go to phase 2 for a couple weeks to try to switch things up and get the losses coming again. Every time I go to phase 2, I gain a couple pounds.

Granted, and honestly, I have relaxed my choices a little. I have been a few times a week, having bleu cheese dressing, that has fat but no sugar. Maybe a few croutons on my salad etc. But I can't think that would cause the weight gain -- or does it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
What phase are you on now? If phase 2, try doing 1-2 weeks of strict phase 2 -- eat exactly what's "prescribed," no extras. It's hard for you, your coach, or anyone else to know if phase 2 is working for you if you're not following it.
Uh, yeah... you are not on the protocol, so that can make you gain weight. Not sure why you decided to "relax your choices", but that's not going to help you kick-start your losses... it's just going to slow or stop them.

Get back on plan!
Novak is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #441  
Senior Member
 
yinyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Midwest
Posts: 142

Default

Thanks Novak and lcw32. I needed a kick in the ****!! I have been on IP since mid-March, and I guess I am just getting tired. But, I am not going to meet my goals by fudging the program. Where of where is the magic bullet? The best advice, and sometimes the hardest to hear, is the truth spoken by those who have been there.
yinyang is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #442  
Maintenance since 6/5/10
Thread Starter
 
Novak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 823

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Thanks Novak and lcw32. I needed a kick in the ****!! I have been on IP since mid-March, and I guess I am just getting tired. But, I am not going to meet my goals by fudging the program. Where of where is the magic bullet? The best advice, and sometimes the hardest to hear, is the truth spoken by those who have been there.
We say it with love...
Novak is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #443  
Senior Member
 
Midlife Meggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 143

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Default

Bump. Because I love this thread.
Midlife Meggie is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #444  
Maintenance since 6/5/10
Thread Starter
 
Novak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 823

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Bump. Because I love this thread.
Novak is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #445  
Senior Member
 
Midlife Meggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 143

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Default

I really think this thread should be Stickied. It's such a great reference tool and source of encouragement to those of us still "in the zone." Moderators?
Midlife Meggie is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #446  
Maintenance since 6/5/10
Thread Starter
 
Novak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 823

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
I really think this thread should be Stickied. It's such a great reference tool and source of encouragement to those of us still "in the zone." Moderators?
I'm exploring that option...
Novak is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #447  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
I really think this thread should be Stickied. It's such a great reference tool and source of encouragement to those of us still "in the zone." Moderators?
Morning everyone! I agree (with making this thread a sticky, but not with individuals who are in denial about trying on clothing)(lol).
makeitmatter is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #448  
Come on Spring!
 
Ruthxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Delta, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 26,840

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default

This thread is now stickied for reference purposes and will be edited to contain essential information at a later date. Please start a new Life After Thread if you wish.
Ruthxxx is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phase 1 tomorrow Mfit4Me South Beach Diet 26 09-22-2008 11:21 PM
I really do think I need to go back to Phase 1 or something. Fat Melanie South Beach Diet 43 08-08-2008 06:10 AM
Best Life Diet:Phase 1: The Rev-Up fasmata5 YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets 68 07-26-2007 10:55 PM
How many of you just started Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet and seen amazing results BellaLucia South Beach Diet 21 07-29-2006 01:53 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.